Author Topic: I want my accessories.  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +18/-0
  • Sandtroopers.com Graphito Suprema!
    • Sandtroopers.com-Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.
I want my accessories.
« on: May 08, 2004, 06:31:43 PM »
Is it just me, or does it seem like we're losing all the cool accssesories we were getting with the new figures to stands. I open pretty much everything Star wars I get, to display in dioramas or different shelf scenes, and I am starting to miss all the cool little diorama props I was getting used to finding with every new figure I bought. I do'nt want stands, I want accessories! Kaman Hasbro, enough with the cheap route already.

Anybody else feeling the same way on this matter?
Sandtroopers.com -Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Re:I want my accessories.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 07:58:02 PM »
I haven't been much of an opener for the newer figures, but that might change after we buy a house.  I'm thinking about opening all my carded figures for display.  Nonetheless, I would have to agree with you about this.  This has to be annoying as hell for you, since you do these dioramas and all.  What sucks is that you could write Hasbro about this, and they won't care about it or do squat about it.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 04:41:22 PM »
I agree! I miss all the little pack-ins. The stands are nice but I would rather have an extra blaster or something. It gives more variety to the toy. Plus it is extra fodder for customizing. :)
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline Y-WingJager

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +21/-0
  • "I am a Stormtrooper." "You are a huge nerd..."
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 02:48:18 PM »
 I seem to rember a time (5 years ago.) When it seemed like every one want a stand w/ there figs insted of the Commchip/stand. POTJ came and went, still no stands. First half of saga no stands, now we have stands. and your still complaning ? I like the accessories more than the stands also. But Hasbro being uber cheep, will never give us too much stuff w/ a figure, were luck to get a stand, and 2 light sabers.
We are a extreme fighting force of extraordinary magnitude !!!

Offline SithKnight

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 06:42:14 PM »
I don't open, but I do like the packin's.  The more we can get for our buck the better, I say.
I like when a carded figure has an extra packin...like an extra blaster.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 11:53:58 PM »
Eh what happend to the other batch of Target Accesory sets that were supposed to come out? Remember there was like an X-Wing kit with a Rebel Air traffic controller? I thought these were supposed to come out this year?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 06:52:22 AM »
Eh what happend to the other batch of Target Accesory sets that were supposed to come out? Remember there was like an X-Wing kit with a Rebel Air traffic controller? I thought these were supposed to come out this year?

Good point!  I remember seeing pictures of that set.  I don't remember everything that was supposed to come in that package, but I do remember there was a ladder you attach to an X-Wing Fighter, some boxes, and the rest I can't place.

What pisses me off more is how the second wave of Cantina sets never came out.  I was really looking forward to all three of those sets.   >:(

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +18/-0
  • Sandtroopers.com Graphito Suprema!
    • Sandtroopers.com-Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 08:24:14 AM »
We'll probably get a 4 pack of stands instead of the above mentioned items. :P

I really wanted the second Cantina bar wave, but they still had no mention of a curved piece. It would be really cool to build another Cantina diorama useing them cool bar accessories. Now make it happen Hasbro!
Sandtroopers.com -Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 09:57:03 PM »
Again, I give two sh*#s about getting 3 'new' figures when two already exist in my current collection. Make NEW figures, the hard-core collector will buy everyone. It doesn't mean I don't like Ben Kenobi, just give me something I don't have 24 of.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.