Author Topic: She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.  (Read 10901 times)

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
In comparison to a lot of the other collections on here, I believe mine to be far less extensive, but I love it none the less!

As many of you have noticed already, I like POTF2, mainly because that's where I "left off" when I stopped collecting. I came back, sort of, for the other movies and lines released, but I mostly keep to POTF2 and original trilogy figures. I don't dislike the prequels or anything, the merchandise just hasn't fallen into my hands as much as the other stuff. Also, I just recently restored my enthusiasm for the hobby at the beginning of January or so..I've got a lot of catching up to do :)

To start, a shot of my whole collection:

Lightsabers (because no collection is complete without the plasticy ones):

Literature!:

And, to wrap up for now, some of my Galactic Empire:

More to come!

Offline gorkoracing

• Premium
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
    • My Collection
Re: She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
wow i wouldnt say its not much to look at at all.  You've got a really nice display going on there bro!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
Hell yeah it's a big collection and surely isn't small at all. Your collection is bigger then mine that's for sure.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 01:46:19 PM by VadersFist »
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »
Great collection! I love to see someone who's not afraid to mix up the collection by opening some & keeping others on the card. Keep those pics coming :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 03:16:36 PM »
Thanks so much for all the kind words, guys!

Oh, and, yeah, those are all Insiders against the wall. I thought they looked fairly dull horizontally, so I decided to spread them all out to add some flare to my shelves :) Also, sorry for all the crappy shots, I really seriously have trouble with this dumb digital camera. I think my sister's MySpace picture fascination has gone and wonked it all up. Oh well.

Here's more...

My pride and joy, Boba Fett .01 Half-Circles variant -- my one and only variant in my collection :) (save for, maybe, my tri-language cantina diorama). I managed to pick him up, with luck, out of an ebay auction. Lucky for me, the guy selling them was incredibly out of touch with the hobby! :)

Speaking of which...:

Starting on the bottom shelf on the west is my nice little Rebellion (with a good handful of newly added pilots and other fillers):

Following my Rebellion is Tatooine montage feature lovely Sandtroopers :):

The last half of my Tatooine montage and the first half of my Episode 3 montage (I really need to pick up more Episode 3 type clones! Poor Aayla is gonna get shot down by out of date jangos :():

My Episode 3 montage in its entirety and a tiny bit of my already tiny Sep group:

Little Sep group (bleeds a bit into my Empire):

Couldn't help but post my Empire again, 'cause now it's in context:

Here's more of my Empire with some ROTJ burger king glasses my family found at an antique store for like $1 a piece (I should probably take another closs up of my Vader montage...) oh yeah, and some snowtroopers!:

Endor ground battle montage/mini diorama.

Following Endor is mainly just some filler stuff, likely a result of my anxiousness to get my new Cantina Diorama up, heh:

And, to wrap up my bottom shelf, is my Cantina Diorama. It's lacking a whole bunch, but I hope to fill it up eventually and take out my Episode 2 filler guy, hehehe. The Elris Helrot is new, however..I guess I'll just keep the bar things like that until I can think of something more creative:

Oh, yeah, in the Cantina is basically my one and only custom: Ponda Baba. When I cut his arm off they hadn't released the Ponda with the removable arm. Besides, I had model paint! Hehehe. Sadly enough, I'll have to take a better shot so you guys can see the arm on the ground. :)

And that concludes Valsair's bottom shelf. I'll post my top shelf sometime soon!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:43:42 PM »
a nice assortment and variety of figures and toys you have, I like it dude!

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »
a nice assortment and variety of figures and toys you have, I like it dude!
Thanks, Dave!

I'll be sure to post my top shelf when I get home from class tomorrow :)

Offline White Rabbit a.k.a. Desfiy

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 11:11:30 PM »
Well it definitely makes my little collection very small, lol.  Oh well at least I have the smallest collection.

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 05:11:56 PM »
Top shelf!

Starting on the left most part of the west top shelf, we begin with more filler. Sometimes I wish I'd taken those 3 pez' out of the package to make them seem less cumbersome to display, but oh well (my favorite part of this section is the little mini film sample from ROTJ with a movie poster, given to me by my girlfriend this past Christmas!):

Following that is my Episode 1 montage. The titanium Maul is a recent addition :):

And here's a tiny Yoda montage. I had hoped to make this a little more prominent in my display, but it turned out to be a transition into my ESB montage(s):

And to one of my more favored parts of my collection, my mini "no disintegrations" diorama and my main ESB montage. It's filled up recently thanks to cheap Ugnaughts on ebay and a recent Bespin betrayal battlepack/ general TAC figure haul at Wal-Mart :) (oh, and having been exposed solely to my POTF2 Boba Fett for so long, getting this battlepack Boba Fett was incredibly exciting..I love him!):

Mini-Hoth montage follows in my ESB area. There's a '96ish ActionFleet snowspeeder hiding behind the turrent, there. Also seems that I'm missing my right piece to the shield generator, dang it. A 12" Bespin Luke is featured here as well, with my precise digital camera eyes missing the upper half of his body--oh well:

Had to devote the top-corner to the protagonist droids because of my giant triangular Tales of the Golden Droid box thing, along with my bank and other various R2/3PO things I found out I had as I emptied my tubs. Hiding behind the Episode 2 mini playset 3PO battledroid figure thing is one of only two vintage figures I have, a vintage C-3PO. I'm assuming it's one that was released with ANH (or, at the time, Star Wars) but  I'm not entirely sure. His maker, Vader, is my other vintage figure hidden away amidst my the dark bottom-corner, also from '77 (I think.):

What was originally a Jango Fett montage turned into a whole Episode 2 section. Shame that most of the Jedi here have lightsaber blades, but no lightsaber hilts :( Not very sure where they all ran off to, but the other thousand or so of my lightsaber blades seem to be missing their hilts as well. Then again, it just brings me back to my admiration of POTF2--permanently attached blades!:

And what Star Wars collection could be complete without Jabba's Court? This one actually got recently updated with a new Leia in BH disguise. Don't know where my original one ran off to :( (oh, and this montage has my favorite TAC figure, Hermi Odle!):

To tie up my top shelf we have a little mini-Bespin Duel diorama and other carded figure extras to help fill. This section has gotten a very recent update (this afternoon) as well. In place of coins and FF photos, I've got an EU Luke and EU Leia instead. I'll have pictures soon :):

Behind my filler I have Bikes and boxes :) I took what empty boxes I had and just stacked them on top of my Luke and Leia Speeder Bike 12"ers. Nothing very special, but it's nice to fill up.

Not on my shelves---

My cut-out Stormie and awesome thick textured Vader poster thing:

Tiny POTF2 X-Wing and POTJ B-Wing guarding my little carded collection:

My three Jedi Starfighters and ROTJ anniversary poster :):

Slave 1, N1, Star Wars cologne (don't ask...), and a little portion of my miscellaneous carded stuff:

TIE Fighter and the rest of my misc. carded crap:

Still more to come...hohoho. Thanks for your eyes, troopers :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:14:20 PM by Valsair »

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »
you have a lot of stuff Josh

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »
Nice "small" collection you have there.  ;)
I like how you set up all the Insider mags as a background for all your displays.
And I love to see ships opened up and hanging from the ceiling.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »
Nice collection man.  :thumbup:

I especially like your ROTJ Anniversary poster.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
It's always nice to see someone else have carded figures hanging on the wall. Very cool bro.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »
you have a lot of stuff Josh
Thanks, Dave! :) (Notice my Lobot and first pair of Ugnaughts? hehehehe--thanks again for the great deal, man)

Nice "small" collection you have there.
Thanks! Mind you, I know it isn't *small*, but it's certainly not as big as some of the warehouses I've seen on here. I was also trying to not seem pretentious or anything..perhaps I should stop worrying about being so paranoid!

I like how you set up all the Insider mags as a background for all your displays.
Hah, I'm not the best "true" dioramas, so it makes nice filler for montages and stuff. I was originally going to go through and organize the covers by section/montage/movie, but because of such a high amount of prequel themed covers makes it difficult on all of my original trilogy stuff. It's funny, though, that a few of the magazines actually lined up with certain montages, just by sheer luck (Anakin in the ROTS section, droids, etc)--guess the force is with me? hahaha

And I love to see ships opened up and hanging from the ceiling.
Me too! I've been meaning to for years, but it's been awhile since I last got back into star wars collecting. The only thing I don't love about it is all the bloody cuphooks, fishing line, flimsy ceiling, and falling x-wings that wipe out your Episode 1 montage twenty times before it's finally secure--but in the end it's worth it. I still have a POTF2 Falcon to set up one of these days. Cringe.

Nice collection man.
Thank you!!

I especially like your ROTJ Anniversary poster.
I think it came from my ROTJ 20 year anniversary Insider--I was really surprised as to how it turned out (mainly because Insider posters of past years haven't been all that great.)

It's always nice to see someone else have carded figures hanging on the wall. Very cool bro.
Thank you! And yeah, I like that look so much more than a stacked or filed position with carded figures. I'm thinking about adding my recent stuff to it fairly soon and reorganizing the whole thing.

Seriously guys, thank you all so much for your feedback--it means wonders to me, truly! I'll be sure to keep updating this thread as often as I can. In fact, I'll see if I can't get a few more pictures on here in the next little bit.

Offline Homer.fett

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
Great collection there. There seems to be an awful lot considering you said it was 'small'.

I too really like that Return of the Jedi poster. Great stuff
What if he doesn't survive?................D'OH

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 01:15:45 PM »
I too really like that Return of the Jedi poster. Great stuff
Thanks! I think I'm going to switch it to the other wall tonight for a more "frontal" appearance, I suppose :) (and to devote a whole wall to just carded stuff.

I really am aiming to upload the rest this afternoon after class..hope I stick to that this time, heh.

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »
Val the only thing I cringed at was the Return of the Jedi Poster with the push pins in it, you should have got it framed. :-\

But I like everything else.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 10:18:26 AM »
While I would normally agree, these posters were given away with copies of an issue of the Star Wars Insider. Not that it really makes it any less of a poster, but pinning it up isn't as much of a travesty as, say, the 1977 original poster that I have with the pinholes in it  :'(

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
Yeah, like joka said, I did get it free in an insider, and I went and laminated it. So I didn't think tacks would be a big deal, heh. I don't really have any posters of much value.

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 07:07:24 PM »
I know but I dont like to see posters with push pins in them, use blue tack or some other sticky tack stuff (dont know the equivalent of the american version, I dont have any posters over here), I know its not the Original hell if it was I would be slapping Val silly and finding out where he lives and taking it of him, lol.

But I still find it a shame to be putting push pins in anything, plus it leaves holes in the walls.

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
A bit of a messy floor...but, featured here is my POTF2 Falcon. She's beat up somewhat, and it seems like some diet coke has spilled on here in the past few years. :( I hope to restore her soon. Not sure how, but I'll figure it out:

Ahh yes..a nice thick stack of cardbacks. I didn't actually consistently collect these until recently. It's nice to get home from somewhere, tear open my new loosey, and then toss his or her or its cardback on the stack and put him right on the shelf :) Gives me a sense of "completion" I guess, or something like that.

Some of my recent purchases. A few POTF2 carded figures that are actually dupes and will, therefore, be hung up :) They're in pretty damn good condition, too, if I do say so myself  ;D

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
Small huh? Now that is an understatement! Awesome collection. Love the Cantina Dio!
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline sraw rats

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +13/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »
By no means small!!  It's awesome!!  Much bigger than mine...although I'm working on displaying my collection.  Having moved into my new house a few months ago, I haven't gotten around to displaying.  Definitely good to know other collectors that keep carded figs, and in good condition!  You have a great collection there, and I like how you can tell a "story" (or description) of each section.  Not just random figs placed where ever there's space!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:58:52 PM by sraw rats »

Offline Valsair

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • POTF2 Aficionado
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 02:32:46 PM »
Thanks so much for the kind comments, guys!

I'll be around soon again when I find my digital camera. I'll be sure to update some stuff.

Also, sorry for not being around so much lately, I've been very very busy!