Author Topic: Ebay really needs to regulate shipping policies  (Read 11337 times)

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
Re: Ebay really needs to regulate shipping policies
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 12:02:08 AM »
Sorry, I just needed to vent. >:(

Ya I just had a seller leave me a neg 4 months after I left him a neg because he hadne responded to my emails for 1.5 months. So he left me the neg almost 6 months after the auction was over and then immediatly sent me a mutual withdrawl request. That is just a slimy move
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:18 AM »
That is just a slimy move

Yeah, that is f****d up. I would report him to ebay and not do the withdrawal.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 07:43:06 AM »
i thought there was a time limit on how long you had to leave feedback?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
i thought there was a time limit on how long you had to leave feedback?

me too. I thought it was like 30 days after the auction ends.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »
There is a time limit, but I believe that it is either 90 or 120 days after the auction ends.

They whisperin about us

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 09:34:40 AM »
That is just a slimy move

Yeah, that is f****d up. I would report him to ebay and not do the withdrawal.

Report it and leave his on there but have yours removed.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
Ya I will. I didnt accept the withdrawl request because I was so pissed off but I will report him
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »
If you're going to read this, I hope you have some free time.... it's a tad long.

So I found a loose Batman/Bruce Wayne figure on ebay for .99 and thought it would be a good scale to make a custom Indy in suit (it is, and I will :) ). So I bid on it. Seller has shipping listed as $4.99. I thought OK, no problem. Priority Mail is $4.80, and I have no problem paying it. Well, apparently Mr.Seller didn't stipulate that it was priority mail, and he shipped it first class instead. Oh no, here we go again.

So when I decide the time is right to leave some feedback, I decided to leave a neutral. As a buyer, I love ebay's new policy about seller's not being able to leave a negative for buyers (as a seller, I hate it). There have been so many transactions in the past that I wanted to leave neutral or negative feedback for, but always feared retribution. Not any more!

So I start to leave a neutral feedback. However, after I clicked to add it, a screen popped up that asked me if I had contacted the seller to try and work out the differences. I did not. So, I decided to contact him. Here's what I sent him:

I hate to do this, but I'm a little unhappy with our transaction and I was going to leave a neutral feedback, but ebay requests that I email you and "try to resolve the dispute" - which there really isn't a dispute. I'm just unhappy paying $5 for shipping - expecting priority mail - only to get an item shipped first class. As a seller myself, I generally refund people if I overcharge them on shipping, and try to charge exact cost right up front. I'm not expecting a refund, since you listed your shipping fees as "flat rate shipping". I'm just contacting you because ebay requested it.

Now, is that threatening or rude in any way? Do I ask for a refund? No. I'm simply following ebay rules and contacting my seller. Well, Mr.Seller apparently doesn't know who he's f*****g with, and sends this back:

read my terms.it states if you do not agree with shipping and handling DO NOT BID..its for packing materials,my time to take it to the post office,and what you are doing now is feedback blackmail.ive copied your email and forwarded it to ebay.you dont go to mcdonalds,eat a burger and then want money back,do you?by you bidding you agree to all shipping terms ..please read my terms again on the auction.

Bad move. I hate sellers that try to get you to pay for "my time to go to the post office". That's total bulls**t. That's a part of being a seller IMO. If you don't like it, don't sell your s**t on ebay. End of story. But it's not the end. Not by a long shot. He followed that crap up with another one about "feedback extortion" (what?), without a reply from me in between. So I sent back this:

OK, first of all, I didn't "threaten" you. I told you that when I went to leave feedback, ebay requests that I contact you. Sure, I could have just clicked the "Yes, I did contact the seller" button, but figured I would follow the rules. So go ahead and send it to them. And yes, I see that it states where you're saying if you don't agree, don't bid. All I'm saying is that for $5, I expected Priority Mail. Don't get me wrong, I understand how much stuff costs to ship out items. But I just feel that as a seller that's my responsibility and part of the item price, not the shipping fee. Thanks anyway.

And I get back another nugget of wisdom:

I DONT USE PRIORITY MAIL AS STATED IN MY AUCTION.YOU ARE A CHEAPSKATE.BY BIDDING YOU AGREE TO THE 5 DOLLAR SHIPPING,WHAT DO YOU WANT MY ITEM FOR FREE?YOU ARE A KOOK.

followed by:

WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR EMAIL THEN DUDE?IVE DEALT WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU,IVE BLOCKED YOU SO GET LOST.

I went back and looked at the auction, to see if I was mistaken (it's happened once or twice) and it did say this.... but it doesn't. But, I'm a "kook". And you're a "krook" buddy. But, just to play along, I sent back this:

The purpose of my email was to abide by ebay policy. They asked me to check a box that stated I had contacted you. I didn't want to check that box without actually contacting you, and lying to ebay. So I did. I can see now that it was a mistake. Sorry to bother you. And you won't have to block me. I'll make sure to never bid on your items again. Thanks anyway.

OMG can you believe how POLITE I am to this assclown?? I don't know what the f**k I was thinking about the tone and topics of my responses... this can't really be me, can it?

Well, I went back in now that I had contacted my seller, and left my feedback. Only I decided he really didn't deserve the neutral I was originally going to leave. So I left a negative instead.  >:D

ANYWAY, he apparently saw the feedback and read my last email, and then sent this one back:

says flat rate.dont assume.priority is the same as first class,whats your problem you got it in 3 days?you got the item for 99 cents.what do you think i made on the item after paypal fees,ebay listing fees?you are wrong for bidding without agreeing to terms.period dude.you cant leave neg or neutral unless its related to condition or quality of product,or not timly delivery or no recept of product.not for shipping and handling fees.you will see......

The same? Oh, I disagree. For the package I was shipping (which weighed 2oz and was charged $4.99 for) the USPS.com website says $1.34 for 1st class and $4.80 for priority. The same? I think not. And as far as not being able to leave a negative for anything besides his comments? Wrong again. According to ebay's FAQ page, shipping cost should definitely be considered when leaving feedback.

After this, I thought he had given up. I reported him to ebay anyway for harrasment. So we'll see what happens. But then, he took it to a whole other level. He actually sent me a question in regards to a listing that I have for sale on ebay, questioning my shipping costs? I sent another email to ebay complaining that he's harassing me. And he had better cut the s**t, because now I've got his home address. And that's not going to be a good place to be if he doesn't knock this s**t off real quick. He really doesn't know who he's f*****g with.

They whisperin about us

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »
you got to love some people on ebay I tell ya. that is a messed up story Dave and that kind of crap gives the legit ones a bad rep. I had a guy recently give me crap because I contacted him to let him know when his item would be shipping. In my auction it says I ship on Saturday via USPS and Priority Mail. The guy paid me after midnight on a Friday and I didn't get the notification about it. So it didn't go out with the other orders. I had tried to get it out during the week but with the lack of staff at work I couldn't so it went out the following Sat. when I told him what I was going to do he gave me a long drawn out lecture about how ebay works. The guy only had a feedback rating of 45 and mine is close to 400 I was laughing. I didn't response back however I bit my tongue even though I should have especially when I was kind enough to give him a small refund because he also wanted to fight my shipping charge. The damn thing ended up costing more than my original estimate for shipping.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 09:38:15 PM »
Dave, I swear you're a magnet for the dipshits and morons of the world. Are you giving off some kind of online pheromone or something that attracts them?

You need to start collecting these nuggets of life and putting them into a book.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »
Dave, I swear you're a magnet for the dipshits and morons of the world. Are you giving off some kind of online pheromone or something that attracts them?

Don't I, tho? I mean, really. It's not just online, either. It's in real life, too. And I'm getting tired of it... I really am.

You need to start collecting these nuggets of life and putting them into a book.

Yeah, that might be a good idea, now that I've got all this free time on my hands. But I think most of the stories are the kind of stories where you have to know the guy, ya know what I mean? Like, if people didn't know what kind of person I am, I don't think they would be half as funny.

They whisperin about us