Author Topic: TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!  (Read 173372 times)

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: TheJawa's Q&A Section - Ask Away!
« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »
Did they not answer the question about the Death Star trooper?  :'(

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
so maybe eu 2 packs may come pack again without the included comic.....hmmmmm  works for me......
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline MonkeyCrumb

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2009, 10:34:34 AM »
1. Given that in 2010 both SDCC and Celebration 5 will only be a few weeks apart and on opposite ends of the country, this will create a bit of hardship for many fans to attend both events. Can we count on Hasbro to make the exclusive items the same for both events, or for everything to be available at cost online? Nobody likes to feel forced to travel to keep up on their collection!

2. The new "Resurgence of the Jedi" battlepack has the best Tatooine Luke Skywalker done to date! This figure begs to be carded individually! The same thing goes for the R2D2 from this pack. Any plans to do so?

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »
Hasbro,
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on doing a small subset series in the Clone Wars line, similar to what was done with the concept art figures in the Legacy line. Since there have been lots of renderings of Star Wars characters in animated form over the years, an idea could be to include four figures in the line over the course of a year of characters that have appeared in animated form, but not in The Clone Wars TV series itself. With resources to draw on like the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special, the Ewoks and Droids cartoons, the original Clone Wars and the Acme animated character keys, there would be no shortage of figure possibilities.
By the way, I can't resist putting in a plug for the animated Stormtrooper with force pike from Droids. He looks like he belongs in the Clone Wars line!

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2010, 12:20:18 PM »
Update on my question list:

1. You mentioned previously that the TSC Bib Fortuna is unlikely to ever be upgraded, citing that for his particular character super articulation wasn't as necessary. Okay, but that spawns a few questions: does that mean we'll never get a VotC-carded version of Bib Fortuna?  Or if we did someday, surely it wouldn't just be a repack of the TSC version. I can give my own reasons as to why I never bought the TSC Bib: it has a great sculpt and paintjob but it was the lack of arm articulation at the shoulders and definitely the open-mouth snarl that stopped me from buying him. Even when on sale for $2!

I'm not sure if Hasbro realizes it, but collectors have never been too fond of non-neutral facial expressions on their figures. Examples such as the Saga shouting Mace Windu or the super-angry Moff JerJerrod, are perfect examples where the expression makes the figure feel too scene-specific and therefore limited in what sort of dioramas it might be used in. If Hasbro wants to give some emotion to their sculpts then offer us TWO swappable heads in the same package: one neutral, one angry/happy/sad/afraid... you'll find that a figure with two heads has a LOT of appeal and won't pegwarm compared to figures with only the angry or open-mouth face as an option.

So... now can we get a more articulated Bib with a neutral face on a VotC card?  :)

2.  You mentioned in a previous answer that some customers might be getting frustrated with having to buy an entire wave of figures to complete a single BaD.  Now that the BaD program is over but since you still have the tooling for these pieces, what about selling a 2-pack of BaDs?  You've done 2-packs of CIS battledroids, jawas, ewoks, etc. before and these appeal to many folks because of the perceived value (2 figures for the price of 1, even if they are small).  In this case, a customer would get two astromechs or two protocol droids complete in one purchase AND there'd be huge play value because you can start interchanging pieces right away to customize a new droid!  An R2D2 with R5D4 pack or a C3PO with K3PO pack would certainly be a kick to see!

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2010, 01:15:37 PM »
Here is the latest round of questions. Make sure to keep asking away.

Question 1
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on doing a small subset series in the Clone Wars line, similar to what was done with the concept art figures in the Legacy line. Since there have been lots of renderings of Star Wars characters in animated form over the years, an idea could be to include four figures in the line over the course of a year of characters that have appeared in animated form, but not in The Clone Wars TV series itself. With resources to draw on like the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special, the Ewoks and Droids cartoons, the original Clone Wars and the Acme animated character keys, there would be no shortage of figure possibilities. By the way, I can't resist putting in a plug for the animated Stormtrooper with force pike from Droids. He looks like he belongs in the Clone Wars line!

The Clone Wars line is a kid-targeted line so we will be focusing on the Clone Wars animated figures there.  While there is collecting interest in these cross-over type figures, there are many more collectors who follow the Legacy line than Clone Wars, so we will continue to focus our collector-targeted efforts in the realistic style.

Question 2
The new "Resurgence of the Jedi" battlepack has the best Tatooine Luke Skywalker done to date! This figure begs to be carded individually! The same thing goes for the R2D2 from this pack. Any plans to do so?

We're glad you like them. Right now, there are no plans for a single carded figure release.  Even if they did become carded basic figures, it would not be for several years.  We recommend that any folks who are waiting for a carded release instead pick up this pack.  True to the nature of Battle Packs where it's either an "all or none" approach, we have made each of the figures updated and fresh to make significant additions to everyone's figure collections.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:38:55 PM by chewykingwookie »

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
The answer to question 2 should be no surprise - Hasbro would never ever give an answer that would cause collectors to skip buying one of their battlepacks in lieu of waiting for a confirmed single carded release.  The second they say "Don't worry Luke is coming on TVC card later this year" they'd be killing their own sales instantly on product that's out there right now on the shelves.

Quite frankly we should not be asking for the Resurgence Luke on basic card anyway - that's a mistake. A new Tat Luke needs slightly taller legs and other minor improvements to his arms/shoulders before he should be put out on basic card.  The next Tat Luke needs to be the final, ultimate one - not an "okay" kitbash albeit with a great headsculpt.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2010, 03:12:22 PM »
I don't think that I have seen this battlepack .....is it out yet?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
I don't think that I have seen this battlepack .....is it out yet?

I have seen it a couple Targets so far.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #279 on: February 23, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
no q&a for thejawa this week?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »
I don't believe there were any questions guys, we're hoping a few more can chime in on this side and give us a wider selection of questions to choose from. I believe the next round will be on time and we'll continue to do our best to keep to the deadlines.  Please remember, sometimes that little thing called life gets in the way and our staff are all part-time or volunteer.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:05:44 PM by DarthWormie »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
Here's a question:
I'm loving the look of that vintage line! There is just so much to like ranging from the cards to the Boba Fett mail-in to the 4-LOM and Zuckuss in vintage colors. All great ideas, and I hope that this line continues for a long time. What I'm wondering is that now the line is going the retro route, if there will finally be a good update made to the Sebastien Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure. That gray robed figure that I got in the mail back in 1985 was always one of my favorites out of the whole line. Even though the figure didn't have the transparent ghost look, the gray robes and the pale skin still gave the figure a ghostly feel, and the ash color scheme was really effective in giving the impression that this was a Jedi who lived a long time on the dark side. While we still do need a new transparent Shaw Anakin, what are your thoughts about making a non-transparent variant figure in the vintage color scheme?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »
Since we all know how much you love to re-use molds again and again (and again... and again... and again)... when can we expect the Build A Droid parts to pop back up? It would be really neat to do a Jawa deluxe figure where you can put in one of the recent Jawa figures and say... enough parts to build two or three different droids. Or even do a small playset along the lines of the Lars homestead where we can get a small Jawa home, several Jawa figures (the last few were really well done), and enough parts to build several droids.

OR if you want to really get classic and do a nice homage to the vintage line, why not re-issue the original Droid Factory playset with all new Build A Droid figure parts included? Do it up in a nice vintage style box like the AT-AT Walker is getting this year, and you'll have a winner.

They whisperin about us

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
My questions again...

1. You mentioned previously that the TSC Bib Fortuna is unlikely to ever be upgraded, citing that for his particular character super articulation wasn't as necessary. Okay, but that spawns a few questions: does that mean we'll never get a VotC/TVC-carded version of Bib Fortuna?  Or if we did someday, surely it wouldn't just be a repack of the TSC version. I can give my own reasons as to why I never bought the TSC Bib: it has a great sculpt and paintjob but it was the lack of arm articulation at the shoulders and definitely the open-mouth snarl that stopped me from buying him. Even when on sale for $2!

I'm not sure if Hasbro realizes it, but collectors have never been too fond of non-neutral facial expressions on their figures. Examples such as the Saga shouting Mace Windu or the super-angry Moff JerJerrod, are perfect examples where the expression makes the figure feel too scene-specific and therefore limited in what sort of dioramas it might be used in. If Hasbro wants to give some emotion to their sculpts then offer us TWO swappable heads in the same package: one neutral, one angry/happy/sad/afraid... you'll find that a figure with two heads has a LOT of appeal and won't pegwarm compared to figures with only the angry or open-mouth face as an option.

So... now can we get a more articulated Bib with a neutral face on a vintage card?  :)

2.  You mentioned in a previous answer that some customers might be getting frustrated with having to buy an entire wave of figures to complete a single BaD.  Now that the BaD program is over but since you still have the tooling for these pieces, what about selling a 2-pack of BaDs?  You've done 2-packs of CIS battledroids, jawas, ewoks, etc. before and these appeal to many folks because of the perceived value (2 figures for the price of 1, even if they are small).  In this case, a customer would get two astromechs or two protocol droids complete in one purchase AND there'd be huge play value because you can start interchanging pieces right away to customize a new droid!  An R2D2 with R5D4 pack or a C3PO with K3PO pack would certainly be a kick to see!

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »
Since we all know how much you love to re-use molds again and again (and again... and again... and again)... when can we expect the Build A Droid parts to pop back up? It would be really neat to do a Jawa deluxe figure where you can put in one of the recent Jawa figures and say... enough parts to build two or three different droids. Or even do a small playset along the lines of the Lars homestead where we can get a small Jawa home, several Jawa figures (the last few were really well done), and enough parts to build several droids.

OR if you want to really get classic and do a nice homage to the vintage line, why not re-issue the original Droid Factory playset with all new Build A Droid figure parts included? Do it up in a nice vintage style box like the AT-AT Walker is getting this year, and you'll have a winner.

For some reason this had me in stitches....

I'll go for the BAD triffecta here...

My Question:

1.) Is it really about time for a Sandcrawler update? with Jawa's showing up in Clone Wars, Prequels and Original movies...  How about a deluxe Sandcrawler with loads of Build a Droid Parts? It would follow the theme of the Playset/Vehicle that has worked so well (At At, Turbo Tank, etc..) Think of all the play value for kids and collectors alike making all kinds of franken droids.

"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

My Question:

1.) Is it really about time for a Sandcrawler update? with Jawa's showing up in Clone Wars, Prequels and Original movies...  How about a deluxe Sandcrawler with loads of Build a Droid Parts? It would follow the theme of the Playset/Vehicle that has worked so well (At At, Turbo Tank, etc..) Think of all the play value for kids and collectors alike making all kinds of franken droids.

This question was actually asked a few months ago by the Snowtroopers site (including reuse of BaD parts) and Hasbro said they felt the Sandcrawler wasn't an aggressive enough vehicle to build such expensive tooling around. They did investigate the idea but have so far not gone ahead due to the expense and expected low interest from kids.  That said, a few months after that we all found about the "aggressive" Cloud Car so maybe if the CC sells well, this will change their minds?

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »
1)You mentioned in a previous answer that some customers might be getting frustrated with having to buy an entire wave of figures to complete a single BaD.  Now that the BaD program is over but since you still have the tooling for these pieces, what about selling a 2-pack of BaDs?  You've done 2-packs of CIS battledroids, jawas, ewoks, etc. before and these appeal to many folks because of the perceived value (2 figures for the price of 1, even if they are small).  In this case, a customer would get two astromechs or two protocol droids complete in one purchase AND there'd be huge play value because you can start interchanging pieces right away to customize a new droid!  An R2D2 with R5D4 pack or a C3PO with K3PO pack would certainly be a kick to see!

We are still evaluating ways to re-use the great tooling library we have built up with the Droid Factory parts.  We won't be doing anything like you suggest for the Vintage line (there will be no multi-figure packs in Vintage) but it's possible that we will re-use the parts elsewhere, whether it's in 2-packs, Battle Packs, or somewhere else.

2)Is there any chance Hasbro will ever re-do the Death Star Trooper sculpt?  When first rumored, this became one of my most anticipated army builders of all time. However you probably heard of the complaints on the forums after it debuted: the shoulders, elbows, and especially the knees were just way too bulky.  Moreover he seemed too tall and bulky overall (standing next to Vader, the DST steals attention away from him just due to his large size and his wide-legged stance).  The sculpting of his uniform also seemed very crude and undetailed compared to other figures you've done with similar outfits (like the RotS Tarkin or the recent Capt Needa).  I'd really like to see these issues addressed if not in a new DST, then perhaps a future Imperial Navy Trooper figure.  Even though he wasn't SA, the RotS Tarkin was closer to how I'd hoped Hasbro would sculpt the DST  in terms of stance, body size, and detailing.

He did come out on the tall side compared to other troops, but we think his overall proportions work very well.  That said, if we do release him then we will certainly take your comments into consideration.  A re-release is not currently planned so it will be a ways off if we do ever re-release.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:34:19 AM by chewykingwookie »

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2010, 09:25:32 AM »
Ah nuts, a BaD R2 + R5 pack would've been cool to see. But admittedly a longshot since Hasbro would never "give away" two important characters in one sale of a basic figure.

I do hope they revisit the DST regardless. I hate how that figure turned out.

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #288 on: March 19, 2010, 04:58:10 AM »

My Question:

This question was actually asked a few months ago by the Snowtroopers site (including reuse of BaD parts) and Hasbro said they felt the Sandcrawler wasn't an aggressive enough vehicle to build such expensive tooling around. They did investigate the idea but have so far not gone ahead due to the expense and expected low interest from kids.  That said, a few months after that we all found about the "aggressive" Cloud Car so maybe if the CC sells well, this will change their minds?

To me it's actually very simple.  Just add some rocket launchers and the sounds of Tusken Raiders dying and it's aggressive enough for the kiddies. ;) ::)

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »
Update of my questions list for the upcoming round:

1. You mentioned previously that the TSC Bib Fortuna is unlikely to ever be upgraded, citing that for his particular character super articulation wasn't as necessary. Okay, but that spawns a few questions: does that mean we'll never get a VotC/TVC-carded version of Bib Fortuna?  Or if we did someday, surely it wouldn't just be a repack of the TSC version. I can give my own reasons as to why I never bought the TSC Bib: it has a great sculpt and paintjob but it was the lack of arm articulation at the shoulders and definitely the open-mouth snarl that stopped me from buying him. Even when on sale for $2!

So... now can we get a more articulated Bib with a neutral face on a vintage card?  :)

2. I noticed with the diorama packaging that came with the Resurgence of the Jedi battlepack that the package designer put in a little sitting area for C3PO. While it was a small touch, I loved it - I like to see these dioramas be more than just a flat background and have a bit of interaction with the figures (given that we can expect no actual playsets, at least it gives these environments a bit more of a 3d feel like a playset).  

If you ever do an Echo Base battlepack, any chance you might expand on this idea say giving the rebel computer consoles, cables, pipes, icicles, or whatever, some more ooomph along these same lines?    The left and right side of the diorama box could be cut out as doorways also.   For a "Sale of the Droids" BP, what about a giant cardboard Sandcrawler for the diorama backdrop (as a nod to the classic Kenner "Land of the Jawas" playset). Although please, don't paint in any characters into the backdrop (e.g. like the Stormtroopers that were painted into the old Sears Cloud City playset).

3. You mentioned in an earlier Q&A that a figure like wicket (or other small ewoks) might come with some accessories to compensate for the fact that buying such a tiny figure doesn't feel much like getting your money's worth otherwise. I was wondering then if Hasbro will also then include accessories for a TVC Jawa figure?  I remember as a kid, my own mother refusing again and again to pay $4 (Canadian) for a Kenner jawa figure - citing that it was not worth it for such an insignificantly tiny figure - she had no issues buying me the adult-sized figures.  

4. With ActionFleet gone, and Titaniums now also a thing of the past, I find I still have a desire to collect representations of my favorite SW vehicles. The only line that seems to be left standing is SW-Transformers. The problem here is that in many cases, I've seen the accuracy of the vehicle compromised due to (I am guessing) the desire to make it easily transformable or to give the robot a cool look.  For example, the eps3 Jedi Starfighters are too wide, the X-Wing looked too ...toyish... as was the Vader tie fighter.  I did buy the Snowspeeder, Slave 1, and AT-TE which I thought all looked "ActionFleet" worthy.  Could Hasbro please keep the vehicle look as accurate as possible from now on - I'd love to get some kind of good AF-scaled Star Destroyer or Republic Cruiser or any of the big cruisers in fact.  And it seems SW-Transformers is the only fallback we collectors now have (at reasonable cost at least).

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:49:43 PM by Napseeker »

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »
Latest answers:

I'm loving the look of that vintage line! There is just so much to like ranging from the cards to the Boba Fett mail-in to the 4-LOM and Zuckuss in vintage colors. All great ideas, and I hope that this line continues for a long time. What I'm wondering is that now the line is going the retro route, if there will finally be a good update made to the Sebastien Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure. That gray robed figure that I got in the mail back in 1985 was always one of my favorites out of the whole line. Even though the figure didn't have the transparent ghost look, the gray robes and the pale skin still gave the figure a ghostly feel, and the ash color scheme was really effective in giving the impression that this was a Jedi who lived a long time on the dark side. While we still do need a new transparent Shaw Anakin, what are your thoughts about making a non-transparent variant figure in the vintage color scheme?

We actually don't have a new version of this figure on the drawing boards yet, but if the line did continue we would be likely to do a new transparent one rather than an opaque one.  We think the last spirit we did turned out great and would like to continue that effect for future spirit figures (Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc).

Since we all know how much you love to re-use molds again and again (and again... and again... and again)... when can we expect the Build A Droid parts to pop back up? It would be really neat to do a Jawa deluxe figure where you can put in one of the recent Jawa figures and say... enough parts to build two or three different droids. Or even do a small playset along the lines of the Lars homestead where we can get a small Jawa home, several Jawa figures (the last few were really well done), and enough parts to build several droids. OR if you want to really get classic and do a nice homage to the vintage line, why not re-issue the original Droid Factory playset with all new Build A Droid figure parts included? Do it up in a nice vintage style box like the AT-AT Walker is getting this year, and you'll have a winner.

We don't have plans for a return to the Droid Factory concept yet, but are looking at various options.  We have looked at a return of the playset-type approach, but the tooling bill is just enormous for what would be a small run compared to, say, the interest we get from most vehicles.  Still, it's something we'd like to keep looking at, and thanks for keeping the heat of those fans flamed.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »
Good to hear that they are looking at more options to keep the B.A.D. concept going.  Some sort of droid factory playset would be awesome.

;)

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »
if anyone has any questions feel free to post at any time we have another due date coming up soon and should be getting another round of answers back as well.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »
Latest Answers from the round we sent in.

Question 1
I noticed with the diorama packaging that came with the Resurgence of the Jedi battlepack that the package designer put in a little sitting area for C3PO. While it was a small touch, I loved it - I like to see these dioramas be more than just a flat background and have a bit of interaction with the figures (given that we can expect no actual playsets, at least it gives these environments a bit more of a 3d feel like a playset).

If you ever do an Echo Base battlepack, any chance you might expand on this idea say giving the rebel computer consoles, cables, pipes, icicles, or whatever, some more ooomph along these same lines? The left and right side of the diorama box could be cut out as doorways also. For a "Sale of the Droids" BP, what about a giant cardboard Sandcrawler for the diorama backdrop (as a nod to the classic Kenner "Land of the Jawas" playset). Although please, don't paint in any characters into the backdrop (e.g. like the Stormtroopers that were painted into the old Sears Cloud City playset).

With rare exceptions (such as McQuarrie figures) we produce dedicated figures,not customizable figures.

Question 2
With ActionFleet gone, and Titaniums now also a thing of the past, I find I still have a desire to collect representations of my favorite SW vehicles. The only line that seems to be left standing is SW-Transformers. The problem here is that in many cases, I've seen the accuracy of the vehicle compromised due to (I am guessing) the desire to make it easily transformable or to give the robot a cool look. For example, the eps3 Jedi Starfighters are too wide, the X-Wing looked too ...toyish... as was the Vader tie fighter. I did buy the Snowspeeder, Slave 1, and AT-TE which I thought all looked "ActionFleet" worthy. Could Hasbro please keep the vehicle look as accurate as possible from now on - I'd love to get some kind of good AF-scaled Star Destroyer or Republic Cruiser or any of the big cruisers in fact. And it seems SW-Transformers is the only fallback we collectors now have (at reasonable cost at least).

In a compact scale, you are right that the Star Wars Transformers line is the only one with a wide vehicle range. Of course, the 3-3/4" line is where we have been producing detailed representations of the source material (as close as we can get anyway, considering the scale we have to work with). While the 3-3/4" collection looks *sensational* with enough space to display, we understand that this is not practical for everyone (we do recommend that you start planting the seed with the wives and husbands out there that the spare bedroom might be better used as a toy display and play room just for this purpose...let us know how that conversation goes!). As for why the Transformers vehicles sometimes have liberties taken, you are right. We need to do some things to house the components for the robots, and strive to make the best combination of recognizable vehicle and cool-looking robot.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:33:25 PM by chewykingwookie »

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
With rare exceptions (such as McQuarrie figures) we produce dedicated figures,not customizable figures.

Who the f**k asked about customizable figures? And I guess the punch out boxes/backgrounds that came with the Indiana Jones vehicles and the backgrounds that came with some of the recent Legacy vehicles don't count? WTF is up with these people answering the questions? If they don't care, then stop the program.

They whisperin about us

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2010, 06:51:56 PM »
Yeah, I don't understand their first answer - what were they responding to?!?  It doesn't seem like they even understood the question at all.  Or actually bothered to read it.

EDIT: any chance we can resubmit the first one and ask for clarification?  It almost seems like they did answer a totally different question. Am wondering if there was a mix-up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:54:25 PM by Napseeker »

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
EXACTLY how I feel DC

Who the f**k asked about customizable figures? And I guess the punch out boxes/backgrounds that came with the Indiana Jones vehicles and the backgrounds that came with some of the recent Legacy vehicles don't count? WTF is up with these people answering the questions? If they don't care, then stop the program.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
That first answer just makes you shake your head.  I'm sure they answered the wrong question, but where is proof reading or quality control.  I say send it back now and ask them to look there answer and the question over and see if they would like to give a real answer.....posting this out on the web makes them look like idiots whether it's here or on sw.com.

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
I sent a reply asking for clarification on the answer. Not sure if I will hear back or not. When I got the answers yesterday I was like what where did that answer come from. I am not sure what they saw in the question to merit that response. I see mentioning backdrops, props, etc nothing about customized figures. Hopefully I hear back if not it is what it is and that is that. Maybe we need to shorten the questions down to a few sentences instead of paragraphs I don't know.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »
Not to mention that the McQ figures aren't any more or less customizable than any other figures they have made. So even if they answered a different question completely, the answer still makes no damn sense. But then again, this is  Hasbro so I shouldn't be surprised.

They whisperin about us

Boba Fett Star Wars Life-Size Figure