Author Topic: Collections at Sandtroopers.com  (Read 6172 times)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Collections at Sandtroopers.com
« on: November 05, 2004, 07:51:55 AM »

What could possibly be a better hobby than collecting Star Wars toys and memorabilia? Absolutely nothing! That's why you're here, isn't it? In this day and age Star Wars fans and collectors are primarily adults who actually grew up watching the Star Wars films on the big screens when they were first released back in the 70s and 80s. Hasbro believes that their number one target audience are children, but they obviously don't know what they're talking about since most Star Wars toys are purchased by adults. With that some of these adults have small collections of Star Wars items, whether that is a small focus geared to say high-priced items as replica props, and then there are the collectors (such as myself) who collect anything and everything related to Star Wars.

Sandtroopers.com would like to show off your collection in our section devoted entirely to Collections, whether your collection is small or big. If you would like to shoot an email to dustrho@sandtroopers.com with pictures of your collection (which we can host for you if you don't have them hosted somewhere already), or we can simply add the URL to our Collections page where you have the pictures of your collection already hosted. Either way, we would like to show the world what your collection is all about. And if you feel like it, you're more than welcome to write up a paragraph or two about your collecting habits, how you got into collecting Star Wars, and what your goals are that you'd like to meet in the near and distant future.

Probably the biggest reason why I like looking at other people's collections is to see how they have their items displayed. I'll sometimes run out of ideas on how to set something up, or I'll want to get fresh ideas on how to display my Star Wars collection where it will blow people away when they see it in person. One time someone saw this Yoda piece that I had in my collection (a couple years ago), and he contacted me about it because collecting Yoda items was his main collecting focus. He had said to me that this piece I had in my collection, an item that honestly meant nothing to me, was something he had been trying to find for a long time. After communicating back and forth we ended up doing a trade, and everything worked out wonderfully in the end.

So, there are many reasons to show off your collection, and we at Sandtroopers.com would like to show yours off here. Check out the current list of collections here.

And, of course, you can share your collection in this very forum as well, and here you can update it on a regularly basis when you purchase new Star Wars collectibles.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:37:17 PM by dustrho »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re:Collections at Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 05:39:50 PM »
dustrho, YOU got waaaaay too much stuff homeboy! What are you gonna do with all that and MORE important, I know what a chore it can be to clean the War Room here, how long does dusting take you?  ;)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 06:17:18 PM »
Dusting?!?  What the hell does "dusting" mean?   :P   ;)

Offline WedgeWannaBe

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +33/-0
  • Yub, yub Commander!
    • Hanger Bay 21:  The Home of Rogue Squadron
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 09:43:17 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one with that mentality......I prefer to think of it as a "natural setting"   ;D
NEED VINTAGE AND POTF2 Y-WINGS!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 05:42:05 PM »
That still ain't my collection on that page! It's is my kids stuff tho!  :D I have a separate room, that stuff is the play room.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 06:44:57 PM »
I'll fix your page one of these days Spice... I promise.   8)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
Re: Collections at Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 12:14:20 PM »
Anyone here want to show off pictures of your Star Wars collection?  If you need pics hosted we can do that for you!   8)

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 09:25:48 PM »
Your absolutely right Dustrho. JediLukes collection is awesome. Like you I can't choose a favorite.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline jedilukes

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 11:20:15 PM »
Wow, thanks a lot man.  I try to add stuff to it as much as I can, which is difficult since I'm still a kid and don't have a job but I love Star Wars and the hobby of collecting.  thanks for posting my pics. lata

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 10:55:02 AM »
nice collection Jedilukes!   8)

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER:

If you would like to add your collection to our Collection Section, please send an email to dustrho@sandtroopers.com with your photos. Don't worry about the size or quality of them, because I'll be able to take care of that for you. There's no restriction to the number of photos, so feel free to send them all to us. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:38:05 PM by dustrho »

Offline theverse

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 07:11:47 AM »
That's an amazing collection, congrats................ :o
"Have you had your Sideshow fix today"?