Author Topic: Anakin's Hand  (Read 2052 times)

Offline 704Scorch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
Anakin's Hand
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:36:42 PM »
OK i have one for you guys. So Anakin loses his hand in the Mustafar battle with Obi-wan, his left hand (arm, whatever). Luke later cuts off his right hand in ROTJ. I was reading Timothy Zahn's book "Dark Force Rising" and Mara Jade recalls the Emporer cutting off Vader's hand for letting Luke, Leia, and Han escape the Death Star. The reason I am inquiring about this is I am doing a model that I need to know which hand would be the best one to use to do a "transplant" of sorts. Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sure there is some non-continuity here but just wanted to see what y'all think about this subject. Scorch Out!
"Is The Dark Afraid Of You?"

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
Re: Anakin's Hand
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »
OK i have one for you guys. So Anakin loses his hand in the Mustafar battle with Obi-wan, his left hand (arm, whatever). Luke later cuts off his right hand in ROTJ. I was reading Timothy Zahn's book "Dark Force Rising" and Mara Jade recalls the Emporer cutting off Vader's hand for letting Luke, Leia, and Han escape the Death Star. The reason I am inquiring about this is I am doing a model that I need to know which hand would be the best one to use to do a "transplant" of sorts. Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sure there is some non-continuity here but just wanted to see what y'all think about this subject. Scorch Out!

For you're renegade battle droid I take it?

Well remember this... in Ep II, Anakin looses his right hand to Dooku and it is repleced with a mechanical arm. In Ep III, he looses his left hand to Obi Wan and the mechanical right hand is intact. When he went through his surgery and becme Vader, his right mechanical hand was left and a new left hand was added.

Throughout the Dark Times Era, Vader has many a battle and gets whooped up good in the process of dfeating his enemies. It can be assumed that through the Dark Times era's Vader lost other mechanical limbs in battle and had replacements. Knowing his body was cybernetic and slower albiet much more powerful than whn he was complete, Vader changed from being a skilled and deft fighter to a brute powerhouse and utilized waton disregard for his own safety when battling... what did he have to lose? A mechanical limb?

Due to the nerves being connected to the mechanicals, he can feel pain in his mechanical parts. Explaining why he howls when Luke cut off his mechanical right hand at the end of ROTJ. It can be assumed that is why the Emperor took his hand as well, although it was artificial it still caused intense pain without serious damage.

So, it depends on the era you want your character to be from, whether you want the hand to be a fleshed out arm or on of Vaders mechanical arms etc. Theoretically, your character could have both of Vaders arm... the left from the shoulder down and the right from the elbow down.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline 704Scorch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
Re: Anakin's Hand
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »
Excellent point all around RC. Thank you for that well thought out insight. I will surely take all this to heart as I flesh (or mechanize,LOL) the details of my renegade droid. See that's what I'm talkin about...SANDTROOPER FOR LIFE! Scorch Out!
"Is The Dark Afraid Of You?"