Author Topic: Fed Ex: Ankle-grabber deluxe  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Fed Ex: Ankle-grabber deluxe
« on: May 06, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »
Ok, I had a really bad experience with Fed Ex this week and I had to wait a couple days as if I bought a firearm so I could cool down. After waiting nearly a week for the delivery of my Premium Format Boba Fett and the first thing I thought was great my wife was home when they brought it. The first thing that set me back was it wasn't in the Sideshow shipping carton, and there was a piece of a boxed with the address taped to it with what was left of what it left California in. Upon opening the box it appeared like a forklift had gone through it.

I called Sideshow and told them, no way and not for that kind of money. After explaining, and I sort of knew it had happened in transit, as they'd never send anything in this condition. She also said the package was signed for by me, and then I asked my wife DID she sign and she stated no. After Sideshow responded with another that was going out a.s.a.p. and there would be labels to return the damaged one.

I was still pretty ticked off so I phoned Fed Ex and told them the story. I don't really live in Mayberry so I don't appreciate a three hundred dollar item being left on the FRONT porch in a condition that no one in their right mind would have signed off on. I've been a delivery driver for years and IN any job I worked for if you did what Fed Ex did you would be terminated. I also let them know I would encourage everyone I know to NOT use their service. The last time I got a shipment, the product was also damaged and Sideshow again had to send out a replacement part. So if you Troopers are buying Sideshow products or using Fed Ex, I thought this is something worth sharing with all of you.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:58:22 AM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
Re: Fed Ex: Ankle-grabber deluxe
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »
You would think someone at fedex would notice when they impale someone else's package.
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Darth Sheba

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Your average unassuming Sith chick.
    • DarthSheba.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
Since I don't spend over $100 for any order I get from Sideshow, all my stuff comes UPS. I've never had any problems dealing with FedEx (they deliver a lot of my Amazon stuff), and just about all my problems come from UPS.

I don't think I've seen any complaints were somebody had problems with both UPS and FedEx, it's one or the other. Weird.
A Sith deals in the only absolute that matters...absolute power.
I write what I know: boldly going to a galaxy far, far away.
Plastic Panic! - I collect plastic people...

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
    • Jedi Collectors Sanctum
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
Thats disgusting, ive never seen a box damaged so bad, what the hell were they thinking leaving it for you like that.
"Once more the sith will rule the galaxy....once the hobbitses are dead!"

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:06:33 PM »
That is very bad.I never had trouble with Fed Ex myself.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »
Can you file a claim with f**k Ex and get reimbursed?
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »
No, Sideshow shipped another that will have to be SIGNED for upon arrival and it will include labels to send the bad one back.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »
it's hard to believe the FedEx guy left it without a signature, or forged your signature to it...that totally sucks, good thing though is that Sideshow is gonna take care of you

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 05:02:29 PM »
I would seriously consider filing a complaint with f**k Ex against the driver that forged your name. He need to have his ass nailed to the wall.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »
I would seriously consider filing a complaint with f**k Ex against the driver that forged your name. He need to have his ass nailed to the wall.
Yup he's the one who's A@@ needs terminating. Just shouldn't happen this....
Tie those Scalpers down sport!  Fair Dinkum!

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »
I hate ordering through Starwarsshop.com for most of these same reasons. They have never, never deliverd on time. My last package they delivered they left in the middle of my driveway in the rain in an uncovered box! Thank goodness the shop is used to them messing up my orders and usually just sends me another, but I can't stand our local delivery folks. I will try to relate another FEDEX tale about the morning of my wife's surgery when they called my house at 5 in the morning. the jerks.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »
That is horrible, sounds like those delivery guys don't give a rats @$$.
Most of my stuff comes UPS and they set the box next to my door, which I don't mind since I live in Mayberry. (Not really but seems like it)
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »
Horrible indeed. I'm glad I never had this kind of experience yet, even if ordering from Easter Europe. I always ask for insurance and when possible for EMS shipping.
My collection
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Offline Homer.fett

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »
I heard that UPS are to merge with FED-EX

They'll now be known as FED UP  ;D

Seriously though that is some shoddy service. How do they expect to get away with things like that.
What if he doesn't survive?................D'OH

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 05:54:30 AM »
FED EX has threatened to never deliver any packages that get sent to me after I called thier home base and complained about being called at five in the morning. Ofcourse this was after the fourth time they called for directions. My newborn hadnt slept all night, wife had surgery in the morning, just got her to sleep and they called asking for directions. I asked what business in their right mind would call someone that early and they said thats when they get the delivery directions straight from thier drivers. Needless to say I let them know I didnt appreciate a call that early and thats when the local person threatened with no more packages. So, I went corporate and havent had problems since. Course I always try to stay away from em when I order something new too.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 11:32:15 PM »
So would I if that happened to me
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Homer.fett

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »
Great.

Ordered some stuff off SWShop early this month.
It arrived within days.
I was very pleased.            Until
I've been sent a Duty/Tax Charges invoice.
It just seems backwards to me. I already have the item. Why not hold it till I pay the fee?

Weird. I'm not so happy anymore  :(
What if he doesn't survive?................D'OH