Author Topic: Acme  (Read 48425 times)

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
Acme
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
Alright I had to start a thread about Acme.  After seeing all of their stuff at SDCC I am hooked.  By far my favorite thing to collect is clone wars item and right now that is all they do.  They and Sideshow have even created a partnership.  It seems that at first SS will work with Acme to create and distrubute character keys as SS exclsuives.  I missed out on the SDCC Sidious exclusive and I just can not get over it.  I was thinking about collecting some of the Harry Potter bust but now that Acme is in the picture that will not happen.  Anybody else have any thoughts on ACME?

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
Re: Acme
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »
The stuff is cool. I might grab some since SS is doing the making any of the ones they do easier to get. That Sidious one was nuts they did like 30 a day and where all gone within like 15 mins.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
Yeah,  a couple of the days they sold 100 and it sold out in three minutes.  It was probally the hardest convention exclusive to get.  This is where having a farther away hotel hurt me I just could not get there early enough to compete.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
Yeah, I was only 5 blocks away and I think they where sold out by the time I got to the convention center each day. This and Malfoy I think rank as the two hardest.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 01:28:07 PM »
Yeah,  the only reason I say Acme was harder is beacause we had the option of pre-ordering Malfoy.  However if you did not pre-order malfoy then it may have been harder.  Both were tough.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:35:41 PM »
True. I did see something about order the Sidious print but it may have been only for those not going and I never saw it again on another site. I never researched it that hard.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »
They did do a pre-order for 50 of them.  However it seemed as if a lot of people missed them still.  People who ordered them online could have got more at the show.  I whish I would have went into the convention knowing all of this stuff.  I would maybe have one.  To much worrying about GG.

Anyways,  I am hooked now and some of my collecting money will be going towards Acme.  looking forward to seeing the first SS exclusive.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »
That's what the deal was then. That's not a good setup though to allow those who PO to be able to get them at the show just like that. Well, next year we can make sure we check out all the sites that post about the exclusives so you don't miss anything.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »
True that.  I guess for Acme the character keys were loosing popularity.  The Padme key was on Starwarsshop for a month.  Acme adjusted but then the popularity of these items rose before the convention and then came some problems.  I knew about this exclusive before the show but it was not until I saw it and the Anakin key that I realized how cool there are.  I was abkle to get Anakin and Mace but all others will be tough.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »
Yeah, that's always a problem with collecting. Sometimes a line starts to die down so they cut the ES on a few pieces then right before those come out it gets new life. Making those pieces oh so much fun to get. LOL With time I bet you can get them all.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »
It would be nice.  We will see what happens though.  These are things that I am willing to trade for but do not want to spend to much money on ebay for.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »
I dont know how much these things go for on ebay but I was told they do fairly well. I hope you're able to get them.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 02:58:59 PM »
Yeah, I would say on average for all the non exclsuive cels it is about 2.5-3 times retail.  Like we talked about though right now they are very popular so hopefully it will die down.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
Some fetch a pretty penny on Ebay- the C3 Yoda for example but they are really cool pieces to have in your collection. I am after a select few but have the approach if I stumble on them great if not I am fine as well. To me these have more appeal than just a bust or a a HTF figure as I view them as art and as a SW collectable.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »
Well, while we are in a low tide for these things might be a good time to go after a few then. Would you be willing to trade your BHST bust for the harder to get ones if you could get them in one lump grouping?

Recon that's how I look at stuff like this as well art from Star Wars.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »
Where can we find pics and info on Acme?
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 03:17:45 PM »
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/index.htm?view=prod&prodid=1807&catid=0

Here is their site and it's a start. Ebay for pics of the pieces is a good place

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »
Well, while we are in a low tide for these things might be a good time to go after a few then. Would you be willing to trade your BHST bust for the harder to get ones if you could get them in one lump grouping?

Recon that's how I look at stuff like this as well art from Star Wars.

Recon do you have any of these and which ones are you after.

Josh,

Lets say you had all the character keys and offered me that trade.  I will be honest it would be hard to turn it down. 

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
I am after the Arcs   I also would like  to find the Glicee of " Arc Troopers and General Kenobi.

I don't have any right now, I have been procrastinating for a while. I first saw them at Target online of all places.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 03:56:34 PM »
Recon,

That sericel is great.  Have you ever seen it in person.  Just to give everyone some info on Acme.

They products mutiple product lines.  The first and the one that Recon gave a direct link to is the most popular and most collectable line.  They are called character keys or cels what ever you prefer.  So far keys of, Yoda,Obi,Arc,Padme,Grievous,Mace,Anakin and Sidious have been made. 
Moving up in price they make Limited edition Giclee.  So far there has been four of these.  Heros and villians, Arc troopers, The Light of the Jedi and The shadow of the Sith.  The last two we released at Comic Con and are awesome.  I picked them both up and Acme was kind enough to give me matching numbers, 21/500 for both.  Here is a link to those. http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/
Moving on Acme produces limited edition Sericels such as Obi with Arcs.  The differance between these and the Giclee's is that the sericels are 3-d much like the character cels.  Here is a link to Obi with Arcs. http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/index.htm?view=prod&prodid=698&catid=173.

Some of the others they produce/distrubute are Clone Wars limited production art, hand painted cels, hand painted character model sheets and a new line called 3-d panscapes as seen here http://www.andrewstoyz.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=313.

I can not say how impressed I was with them at SDCC they were by far the biggest surprise for me at the convention.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
You can also get the one of one hand done cells right from ACME, very cool but pricey. When you think though that you have the only one that was done though it adds to having one very nice center piece for a collection.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 04:56:35 PM »
Yep, I was including them in the clone wars original art.  I would say this Yoda one is my favorite http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/index.htm?view=prod&prodid=1145&catid=230.  This was at SDCC and last only untill the second day.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »
Man I didn't know there were that many! The two you picked up at SDCC are really cool, I can only imagine how nice they look behind your busts and statues! I really like the clone ones as well as the one with yoda talking to his ride.... But damn, are they expensive!!!! You could get the entire line of busts (well I could) for less than a few of those expensive ones....

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »
True that wicked.  The one of a kinds are way out of  my price range for the time being. Yeah the ones I got I really like.  I had no idea they existed untill I walked up to the Acme booth and saw them.  I got the Light of the Jedi one right away and the shadow of the sith a day later.  I do not have any extra money to get nice frames for these so I went to michaels and got 6 dollar frames that fit them nicely.  They look ok but it was mainly for protection.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 07:10:38 PM »
I've seen a couple up on SWshop from time to time and I really wanted those two clone ones.. But the one's you got aren't all that expensive but they really kick butt! What did you pay for them...?

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 07:18:35 PM »
$90 each and like I said they have matching numbers so that is an added visual bonus.  Hopefully for every character in the prints a matching maquette will be made.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 07:19:06 PM »
Josh,

Lets say you had all the character keys and offered me that trade.  I will be honest it would be hard to turn it down. 

Cool. Not that I have that to offer but I was more curious than anything.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 07:35:19 PM »
Yep,

I knew you did not have them just being hypothetical, but yeah if I could trade to a friend In person I would probally do it.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »
If I find someone locally that has any of them I'll keep ya in mind. :)

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
Thanks man.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »
Man I have been going crazy trying to decide wether or not to get Sidious the SDCC exclusive off of ebay.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 05:55:16 PM »
Just do it  ;D ,.

I was debating on the ARC trooper print and I just bought it yesterday from target. They have them on sale.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »
179.99, man I was hoping it would be on clearance.....

What did you pay for shipping?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 06:09:01 PM by wickedempire »

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 06:09:54 PM »
That would be nice but I doubt that would ever happen. But it is the framed version so I guess that makes it a little easier to justify.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 06:11:41 PM »
I was debating on the ARC trooper print and I just bought it yesterday from target. They have them on sale.

Target is selling these now? I haven't seen them in any Targets near me, and I go to Target several times a week  :P

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 06:13:23 PM »
They have the asajj and anaking cel on clearance, though it's a little more... Still though I wish I had the extra 180 for this.. I've been wanting one every since I saw it on SWshop.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 06:25:19 PM »

Target is selling these now? I haven't seen them in any Targets near me, and I go to Target several times a week  :P

Only online- Not in the retail stores

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
Recon,

Man that is awesome you got the arc.  Here is the dilema.  The sidious key is $100 dollars and it is 4 by six.  The Giclee you got framed was 180 and it is the same size as the others I have.  You get a lot more art for not that much more money.  Just do not know what to do.  If it was Yoda I would not be having this problem but sidious is not my favorite character.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »
I say get the clones gran! more clone for your buck! lol

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 06:47:08 PM »
Recon,

Man that is awesome you got the arc.  Here is the dilema.  The sidious key is $100 dollars and it is 4 by six.  The Giclee you got framed was 180 and it is the same size as the others I have.  You get a lot more art for not that much more money.  Just do not know what to do.  If it was Yoda I would not be having this problem but sidious is not my favorite character.

Well if your not 100% sold on it I wouldn't do it then, When ever I hit that point and I am debating it I wait, Sometimes I regret it but more often than not I feel good about it.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »
Yeah I think I am at that point.  I had a second chance offer from ebay and I let it pass.  I would like to get all of them character keys though.  I would also like to get the Arc Giclee and Obi Sericel. 

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 07:47:44 PM »
Recon,

Well if your not 100% sold on it I wouldn't do it then, When ever I hit that point and I am debating it I wait, Sometimes I regret it but more often than not I feel good about it.

Lol, yeah I felt the same way about ordering that gg commando bust/statue

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 07:52:31 PM »
Man that was an instant decision.  I was just worried it was going to sell out before I was all the way through with the ordering process.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »
So you ordered it?

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »
Yes.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »
Good deal! I hope it arrives all minty. Did you see the ajajj and anaking one? That looks pretty damn cool!

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 08:18:21 PM »
Wait one second there Wicked, I think we were on a different page.  I was talking about my pre-order for the Commando maquette.  I have yet to get the sidious cel.  I love the Anakin and asajji cel hopefully it will go on real low clearance so we can snag it.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2006, 02:25:08 PM »
Recon,

Did you get your Arc giclee yet?

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2006, 02:28:07 PM »
Nope not yet, hopefully Monday or Tuesday is my guess.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2006, 02:30:25 PM »
Very sweet.  It is a great piece.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2006, 08:35:59 PM »
SS announced their first one tonight with Acme. It will be Count Dooku.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2006, 08:53:16 PM »
Absolutely love it.  Very excited I am.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2006, 09:20:54 PM »
It looks great like they all do. If I was collecting these I'd get it.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2006, 09:33:06 PM »
Yep,  hopefully they make a Dooku maquette now.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2006, 10:54:18 PM »
That would be cool. I'd get that. I know they are just doing clone wars right now but if they did a Maul, Vader, 501st Clone, Cody something like that I'd get one.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2006, 11:07:29 PM »
Cody was in the Clone Wars so we may see him in this line.  I love these things now and will get all of the Clone Wars ones and probally most of the others.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2006, 11:14:24 PM »
They are cool and I know if I get into them much I would be addicted.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2006, 11:19:45 PM »
Addictions are easy in our hobby, that is for sure.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »
You ain't kidding.  :P

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »
I would love to see them stick to making these cels to correspond to the animated style maquettes/statues that they make. So far, it's been pretty much done that way, with the exception of Mace and now Sidious. But it would rock if they made the cels for Vader and Boba Fett to match the upcoming animated maquettes.

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »
That would be very cool. I'd have to consider getting those since I have those maquettes coming.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 08:03:18 PM »
Just ordered Dooku.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »
Recon,

How do you like your Print?  I finally decided to get the Sidious key, so now I have the Arc, Sidious, Anakin and mace keys.  Need padme, Yoda, Obi and Grievous.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »
We should be getting another character key announcement with in the next couple of weeks.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »
Next up: Shaak Ti!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2006, 08:30:17 AM »
Dave,

Our you Couting Asajji?  It will be on sale tomorrow from razors edge.  Both these keys look great, however, that is not the final product with the Shaak Ti key and it will change before it is released, so it will probally be even beter.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 08:32:10 AM by gran3131 »

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »
Cool, I didn't even know about that one... thanks for letting me know, I would have been pissed if I missed it.

They whisperin about us

Offline muffy99

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2006, 11:28:24 AM »
has anyone ordered the asaji,yet.
just got my confirmation for the order. looks like it'll be another winner.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »
Yep I placed my order around noon.  Could not be happier and I can not wait untill Shaak Ti is released.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2006, 06:25:12 PM »
Is it just me or have they raised the prices on these? $36.25 for a key is expensive IMO. And why is the foreign key cheaper than the US key? Only $30 if you live outside the US but $36.25 inside the US?

After you take away the shipping, it comes out to be around $31 for the key, which is more expensive than any of the other keys released so far.

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2006, 07:04:40 PM »
I am thinking they will stay around this price.  It is higher but still not to bad.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2006, 08:26:26 PM »
Got my Dooku Print today. Very nice! I'm glad I decided to order mine.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »
Got my Assajj in the mail today too... 929/1250. I ordered this like the minute they went on sale, but yet 928 people got theirs before me? Doesn't make any sense. Anyway...

Still looking for General Greivous if anyone has one... it's the only one I need  :(

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »
Shaak Ti was supposed to be released along with the second character key framed set today but both will be pushed back due to problems with the check out.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2006, 07:00:03 PM »
Should be another character key announced tonight from Sideshow.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2006, 06:53:06 PM »
Just as an FYI - anyone who ordered the Shaak Ti key cel, if you have not gotten your order yet, contact ACME as soon as you can. I contacted them because I've been seeing around the 'net that people are getting these in the mail, yet my credit card hasn't even been charged for my order yet. Seems there was some kind of problem with the ordering process and my credit card information wasn't submitted to ACME.

Hopefully this isn't going to be a Gentle Giant fiasco all over again  ::)

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2006, 12:12:34 PM »
Got my notice and everything seems fine.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »
Next key from ACME:

Debuts at NYCC and will be on sale on the site at the same time. Limited to 1000 pieces. $30.

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
Not sure what I think about it.  I do not think I will collect this line, just the Clone Wars.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »
Really? What don't you like about it?

Personally I would have rather gotten Darth Vader, or Boba Fett. Or if it just had to be Leia, I would have preferred the original ANH white outfit. But I'll take this one, just the same.

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »
I might get this and will get Maul for sure.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »
Really? What don't you like about it?

Personally I would have rather gotten Darth Vader, or Boba Fett. Or if it just had to be Leia, I would have preferred the original ANH white outfit. But I'll take this one, just the same.

I guess it comes down to character choice and the scene.  While I think the Key actually looks good it just does not interest me personally.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »
I'm trying to put together a definitive listing for these key cels... release order, edition size, availability, etc. This is what I've got so far. Please let me know if anything here is wrong or out of order.

1) Yoda Animated Character Key
     Limited to 1000. Celebration 3 exclusive.

2) General Grievous Animated Character Key
     Limited to 1000. SDCC 2005 exclusive.

3) Obi-Wan Kenobi Animated Character Key
     Limited to 750. SWShop.com exclusive.

4) Mace Windu Animated Character Key
     Limited to 1000.

5) Padme Amidala Animated Character Key
     Limited to 750. SWShop.com exclusive.

6) ARC Captain Animated Character Key
     Limited to 750. Razor's Edge Collectibles exclusive.

7) Darth Sidious Animated Character Key
     Limited to 500. SDCC 2006 exclusive.

8 ) Anakin Skywalker Animated Character Key
     Limited to 1000.

9) Count Dooku Animated Character Key
     Limited to 1250. Sideshow Collectibles exclusive.

10) Asajj Ventress Animated Character Key
       Limited to 1250. Razor's Edge Collectibles exclusive.

11) Shaak Ti Animated Character Key
       Limited to 1250.

12) Kit Fisto Animated Character Key
       Limited to 1250. Sideshow Collectibles exclusive.

13) Princess Leia Slave Girl Character Key
       Limited to 1000.

14) C-3PO Animated Character Key
       Limited to 1000. SWShop.com exclusive.

15) R2-D2 Animated Character Key
       Limited to 1000. SWShop.com exclusive.

Hard to believe that only 4 of these WEREN'T exclusives. Jeez, that's a lot of exclusives.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:47:18 PM by jokabofe »

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 09:29:01 PM »
Looks correct to me.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »
You got it Dave.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2007, 08:12:56 AM »
I'm hearing from another source that Grievous was the second key, before Obi-Wan (who was third)... anyone?

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »
Over looked that.  I think GG was before Obi Wan.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2007, 08:35:21 AM »
Slave Leia is up for order at Acme Archives Direct now, limited to 1 per person.

$30, edition size 1000 pieces.

They whisperin about us

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Dave, I just bought mine.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2007, 12:32:39 PM »
Hey that's pretty cool. Here's hoping a Farmboy Luke is not too far behind :pray:

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 05:49:04 PM »
Appears she's all gone.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
HOLY CRAP  :o

This Yoda key cel sold for $349.99 a week ago!!

Almost makes me want to sell mine. Almost.

AND...

ACME Archives Direct has a limited number of Slave Leia keys left in stock. Don't be left out, if you haven't gotten yours yet, don't delay  :P

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2007, 11:57:25 PM »
I got mine from the store above because I didn't want to miss this one. Plus I got the 3P0 and R2 already on order.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2007, 10:39:01 PM »
My Leia has shipped and will be here next week.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »
Got Leia today. #581 and I have to say I like it a lot. Glad I decided to get this.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2007, 07:03:35 AM »
Still waiting for mine, hopefully I will see it today.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »
You will like it.

Will get a pic up in a bit.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
I am sure I will, I didn't get mine yet but that's usually the case when your anxious for it to arrive. I also have some cool old Droids cartoon animation cells comming so I can't wait for the Char. Keys for those as well. Together they should be a nice display

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2007, 08:06:31 PM »
I ordered the droids as well. I had to have R2 since I he's kind of a fave.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
Mine showed up today #963. Now I need to hit Walgreens for some frames tomorrow.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2007, 07:30:43 PM »
Got the R2 and C-3P0 cels in the mail earlier this week, and just like everything else, they are winners indeed.

Man, I love these key cels... they are amazing.

Wayne, those Walgreens frames are the best I've seen so far. They work great. You can also get them on the Walgreens website, and the last time I checked (and ordered a bunch) they were actually cheaper online than they were at the store.

And hey, check out this image I found:

Not sure if this was a rejected concept for the Anakin, or something that's going to be made for an upcoming cel (I hope not, since we already have an Anakin) but I thought it was pretty neat.

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2007, 07:49:14 PM »
Yeah, these are really cool. I got my 3PO and R2 the other day from SWS. They're really quite additive.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2007, 09:13:16 PM »
I love them.  Only need yoda,obi, and padme from the clone wrs.  If I am not mistaken Dave you just need Yoda?

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
    • Jedi Collectors Sanctum
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »
I ordered my first ever Character Key today off ebay. Anakin, it may be one of the really plain ones but its a good place to start. I hope when it arrives i can find a decent frame for it.
"Once more the sith will rule the galaxy....once the hobbitses are dead!"

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2007, 08:03:27 AM »
Starting the cels and kubricks all in the same time??   Be careful....you just started two expensive collections.   ::)

I'm looking for Sidious, Obi-Wan, and Grevious character keys....anyone out there feel like parting with them?

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2007, 10:17:51 AM »
Starting the cels and kubricks all in the same time??   Be careful....you just started two expensive collections.

Thats me im pretty mental like that, i already have way too many collections but what can i say, i like variety.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:18 AM »
Got my Anakin Character Key in the mail today, im not sure how im gonna display it yet i.e. can i be bothered to buy a frame and which kind i will get. I really love this though, its a nice little piece of artwork of one of my fav characters. I wouldnt say im hooked on the line but this one rocks, and i may pick a few more up in the future if i can get a good deal like i did on this one.

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »
Tarkin pre-order for non-attendees is up.   Just got mine!   Go GET IT....only 200 are going to be made available.

Good luck!!

Here's the link:

http://www.characterkey.com/tarkin.html

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2007, 11:35:32 AM »
That didn't take long, they are now out of stock

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »

Hi all,
ACME’s new line of Star War artwork is a metal Sketchplate™.  The first of the series was quietly released at CIV.  This is the Prototype R2 Design from McQuarrie.  The plate is mounted and raised above a black acrylic frame.  This item sold for $30 at the CIV booth.  I talked to someone at the ACME booth and the next item should be ready by SDCC.  He did not tell me who was next in the series, but said that this is not limited to characters.  Vehicles and ships are on the horizon as well.  He also said that real Star Wars characters, vehicles, and ships will be portrayed on the metal Skecthplate™ besides the McQuarrie concepts.  I think they are branching to see what else their customers like.  Well they have a new customer with me.  I hope they continue this line.  I would like to see the concept C-3PO.  Only time will tell.

Enjoy,
Odie

Wants  -  Trade  -  Feedback

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »
I will be looking to add those to my collection as well. I didn't get the R2 but when I can find one I will.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2007, 09:39:02 PM »
http://www.characterkey.com/r2d2.html.

By the way I got to meet a few of the people who work at Acme and I was very impressed.  their service is top notch.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »
Boy that acme print sure does look really cool and shows how the R2 units really are and all but very cool to look at and have for a collector like me but i bet its a little pricey as well so, its just a shame that we dont use R2 units for REAL life cause then our life would be more like SW like i would love it too be.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »
Kewl, its on aluminum, I wonder if it is Alcoa aluminum...
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2007, 09:08:45 PM »
TIE Fighter Pilot anyone?

I like it. Premieres at Celebration Europe but will not be exclusive to there.

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »
I think it looks great.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
So does that mean you're going to start with the OT keys? You didn't get Leia, right?

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:28 PM »
I still think I will pass.  Either I will pass or go back and get Tarkin and Leia.  I still need to get Yoda, Obi and Padme from the clone wars line.  Also would like to pick up the Arc trooper Giclee and heroes and villains.  Acme has got a lot of my money lately as at C4 I purchased a one of one and actually would like to get at least one more in the future.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2007, 06:13:32 AM »
The Tie Pilot is a must have for me. Got it marked in my outlook to get online and get it.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2007, 07:47:01 AM »
Acme has got a lot of my money lately as at C4 I purchased a one of one and actually would like to get at least one more in the future.

Nice! What did you get? And did you have another in mind already?

I've always wanted to pick up a few of them, but I just can't justify the prices. Not saying they aren't worth it, but just that they are expensive. But the value om items like that usually doesn't drop, it can only go up.

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2007, 11:54:49 AM »
Dave,

It is one that was never posted online or not that I know of.  It has both Yoda and Mace with ignited light sabers and came with original drawings and production drawings.  I purchased it at C4 and had Acme frame it. 
It has yet to be shipped but when it gets here I will try to post some pictures.  Yeah I agree with the price it probably never will go down and it may never really go up, the thing about these are that they are hard to find now and in the future may be next to impossible.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2007, 02:11:13 PM »
Sounds like a nice piece Anthony, can't wait to see it.

They whisperin about us

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
If you want a glimpse of what it will look like it is from the last episode of the Clone Wars Micro Series.  In the first couple of minutes there is a part in which Yoda and Mace stand side by side together with ignited light sabers.  It is from that scene.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
I like it. Premieres at Celebration Europe but will not be exclusive to there.

So will it just be shown there or will we be able to actually buy it there. I would really like to get this one it looks so cool.

I just ordered my second Character Key Assajj Ventress. Ok so my progress with this line is slow but its still progress  :)

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2007, 06:29:01 PM »
Should be available to purchase.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2007, 06:35:15 AM »
Thats cool, ill probably get one then, My Assajj Key arrived in the post today, its pretty cool.

ooooo i just read that "Toons Art will be selling the Sketchplates at Star Wars Celebration Europe" Does that mean the R2D2 one, i hope so.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:38:38 AM by Taurs »

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »
I love them.  Only need yoda,obi, and padme from the clone wrs.  If I am not mistaken Dave you just need Yoda?

Anthony, didn't see this question until today, but I'm guessing it was posted at me?? If so, then no, Yoda was the first one I bought. One of the lucky few who bought it at C3... and it was actually the very first thing I bought at C3. ACME was at the first table as you walked into the dealer room, right behind the Code3 booth. If I had knew then what I know today, I would have bought 10 of these little guys.

As of right now I am all caught up... not all of them were purchased at retail, because I got screwed out of a few exclusives by some "friends" of mine at another site (or at least someone I thought was a friend) but I am all caught up.

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:13 AM »
I have Asajj, Dooku, 3PO, R2, and Slave Leia. I also have Kit on the way should be here this week. Then I'm gonna try to get the Tie Pilot today and the Sandtrooper next week.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »
1:15 and I still can't the TIE Pilot... anybody else having problems? Did they go live with this yet??

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »
It doesn't go up till 1pm CST. You got another 45 mins or so.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:52 AM »
duh. I'm an ass.

They whisperin about us

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
I have a meeting comming up so I hope they last a few hours.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »
I don't expect this to fly off the shelves honestly. You should be ok.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
Tie Pilot Character Key ordered

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »
Got mine too.....it's a good thing I checked the forum.  I thought it was July 11th....I would have been sooo pissed off had I missed this.    I love this forum!!   :)

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
looks like I missed it, off to ebay I go

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2007, 01:56:33 PM »
Wow, sold out already??

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2007, 01:58:24 PM »
That was a little quicker than I expected. Though keep an eye out for SS maybe getting some or SWS.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2007, 02:03:28 PM »
I'm not surprised, really. These character keys have been gaining popularity from day one. Plus, it's an OT key, and even though they haven't made any of these characters in this cartoon format (yet), I know a lot of OT guys (and gals) who are buying these that didn't buy the CW Animated cels. Which doesn't make too much sense IMO, because at least the CW ones were shown in that form on tv.

And it's only going to get worse, with the more exclusives that they make. I know the TIE Pilot isn't exclusive, but by my count most of these guys have been exclusives. More exclusives than regular releases, as crazy as that sounds.

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »
Yeah, that's true. I just gotta make sure I'm on next Monday when the Sandtrooper goes on sale. I can't miss that one.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »
Yeah, and for us  non-attendees they will probably put like 50 up for sale, like they did with the Darth Sidious from last year. I think it was sold out in about 9 seconds, if not less. And sadly, I'm not even exaggerating. That was one of the keys that I had to purchase from ebay for $100+, and I have a bad feeling I'll be doing the same with this Sandtrooper  >:(

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »
Yeah, I think he'll go pretty quick for both Attendees and Non. Sidious was just wacky last year even for those going. They did not handle it all that well at the show and it pretty much sold out each day within about 30 mins of the show opening.

Offline NorthSide Collectibles

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • NorthSide Collectibles
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2007, 09:11:55 AM »

Just a side note acme authorized retailers will have these starting july 16th.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2007, 09:13:18 AM »
That's good to know  8)

Do you get all the ACME key cels?

They whisperin about us

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »

Just a side note acme authorized retailers will have these starting july 16th.

well if you're getting some I know where I'll be headed on the 16th, thanks for the heads up

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • NorthSide Collectibles
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2007, 09:17:10 AM »
That's good to know  8)

You are welcome.

We get almost all of them.  A few of the exclusives we don't get.

As noted on sandtrooper.com homepage we will have the tie-fighter pilot on sale july 16th.

There is a chance that we will also have some of the SDCC sandtrooper cels but we wont know that until the end of next week.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:19:04 AM by NorthSide Collectibles »

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2007, 09:54:06 AM »
That's cool!! I've ordered from you guys before. Pretty darn good service if I don't say so myself.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2007, 11:11:14 PM »
That's good to know  8)

You are welcome.

We get almost all of them.  A few of the exclusives we don't get.

As noted on sandtrooper.com homepage we will have the tie-fighter pilot on sale july 16th.

There is a chance that we will also have some of the SDCC sandtrooper cels but we wont know that until the end of next week.
Rick,

Nice to see you posting here.  To let everyone I make all of my non exclusive purchases through Rick.  Nside has top notch service and Rick will always go out of his way to help you out.  In the past he has even taken time to give me matching character key numbers and help me acquire the Attakus Exclusive Sandtrooper.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:25 PM »
I got my Tie Piot Character key at CE. Its pretty cool

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:07:50 PM by Taurs »

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
Looks cool! They're supposed to start charging us Monday and that's the same day the Sandtrooper goes up.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2007, 07:56:38 PM »

This 1000 piece edition features original Joe Johnston sketches of the X-Wing Starfighter photo-etched on aircraft-grade aluminum. The sketchplate gives insight into the development of iconic Lucasfilm creations as well as providing historic details. Full piece measures approximately 8 inches by 5 inches. The sketchplate itself measures 7 inches by 3.35 inches. Sketchplate is mounted on a foam core spacer "to float" on the black acrylic backer. For Comic Con attendees, we are offering a pre-order for pickup option. This piece is not exclusive to Comic Con and will be available online to non-attendees beginning July 25th.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2007, 08:04:11 PM »
That's pretty cool looking. I'm liking these sketchplates, at least these first two. I'm glad they didn't just stick to McQuarrie's concept art. Johnston did some really cool stuff that was shown in the "Art of..." books back in the '80s.

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »
I didn't get R2 but I'd consider getting it once I see this at SDCC.

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2007, 11:26:44 AM »
I am getting the X-Wing one, I have the R2 at home.  Just sitting at work waiting for the pre-order.  jokabofe should I be getting 2? :P

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »
I think you should know the answer to that one Odie.  :-*

They whisperin about us

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »
I really want the x wing shetchplate and the sandtrooper character key, if anyone ends up with any spares can they let me know.

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »
I really want the x wing shetchplate and the sandtrooper character key, if anyone ends up with any spares can they let me know.
I am having one of my friends pre-order another X-wing for you.  I am maxxed out on the Sandtrooper.  I will let you know later today.

Unless Donovan doesn't want his.  :P  Hey Bloodant check your messages!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 05:14:09 PM by odiewan »

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2007, 07:10:40 PM »
I am having one of my friends pre-order another X-wing for you.  I am maxxed out on the Sandtrooper.  I will let you know later today.

Unless Donovan doesn't want his.  :P  Hey Bloodant check your messages!!

Like the Tarkin key, it is now ..MINE!!!! Thanks to Odie of course!!!
Gotta have a Sandtrooper key being as were are Sandtroopers.com.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • NorthSide Collectibles
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »

Just a note we will be carrying the X-Wing Sketch Plate. Should be on sale on our site early next week.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »

Just a note we will be carrying the X-Wing Sketch Plate. Should be on sale on our site early next week.

do you know how much it will be?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • NorthSide Collectibles
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »

do you know how much it will be?

MSRP is $35.00 Plus shipping.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2007, 07:46:26 PM »
great deal...are these numbered by chance?

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • NorthSide Collectibles
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »
great deal...are these numbered by chance?

From what I have read yes.  Editon size 1000.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »
Yeah, according to the official site its ES will be 1k.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »
Well, after getting the X-Wing today I figured I needed the R2 one as well. Found it at Razor's Edge.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2007, 01:51:02 PM »
My Tie Pilot has shipped.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:30 AM »
Got my Artoo Sketchplate today, its soooo cool i cant wait for my X-Wing to get here now.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »
Some great new giclee prints coming from ACME, msrp is $95 each:

They all look awesome, can't wait to get them. I ordered them all already  :P

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »
I like those. However, I'll be sticking with a few sketch plates here and there and the same with the character keys.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2007, 11:56:25 AM »
jabba is looking like a serious gangsta with that stogie in his mouth, I personally like the X-Wing pilots

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »
...I personally like the X-Wing pilots

Agreed!

Those are the freaking bomb y'all. Any idea what the size is on them?

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »
I would rate them as they are placed from 1 to 4. X-wing being #1.

Dave,
You really bought them all already?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2007, 07:55:19 PM »
there went $400 +

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2007, 09:21:42 PM »
Dave,
You really bought them all already?

Well, I ordered them all. I'm a sucker for almost any kind of artwork/poster/print, especially if it's under $100. I've got around 75 posters all rolled up in my closet that I hope to someday, someday have a place to hang.

And that number doesn't include my Dorman prints, any other ACME giclee prints and of course my key cels. I've got a TON of artwork here at the house.

If you follow this link, I have quite a few pictures of them available... but it's not a pretty webpage, I haven't done that in a while, it's just a list of links to photos. And this list is quite old, and probably doesn't even scratch the surface. But it will give you an idea of what I've got. Kind of. Almost.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:34:36 PM by jokabofe »

They whisperin about us

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:13 PM »
Kewl, Dave you outta have this put on your collections page.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »
Well, if you check the collection section  :D

They whisperin about us

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2007, 08:08:46 AM »

Nice haul, jokabofe!!   I especially like the Jabba and X-Wing pilots ones.   I went to Acme and they also have a Cantina Wise Guys...they look great!    I'm really tempted to get them but I'm stretched way too thin already with all the GG Exclusive Busts and Maquettes this year.    I have a friend that's going to try to print them....he works at a graphic design office and they make all type of advertising media.   I know they won't come out anything close to the real thing, but it's the best I can do right now.    Plus it beats just having a jpeg on my computer.    ;)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2007, 11:42:02 AM »
I have a friend that's going to try to print them....he works at a graphic design office and they make all type of advertising media.

Good luck, but these images are at such a low resolution I doubt anything larger than a post card-sized printout will good at all.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Homer.fett

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »
I can see myself getting into this line.

Anyone help a trooper out with a slave leia? or Obi-Wan? or R2
I'm looking at a Sandtrooper on ebay at the mo  :o
What if he doesn't survive?................D'OH

Offline Homer.fett

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2007, 08:49:48 AM »
 :) My R2 and Tie Pilot just arrived.
These are awesome. I can see this is another line i'll be pursuing.

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2007, 09:44:53 AM »
I have a friend that's going to try to print them....he works at a graphic design office and they make all type of advertising media.

Good luck, but these images are at such a low resolution I doubt anything larger than a post card-sized printout will good at all.

I thought so too but he made a White T-Shirt with the Jabba "Don" on the back...and it looks simply awesome.   Now, I'm bugging him to make me the Cantina one too.    I'll never wear it because I'm afraid of it fading but it looks great.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:01:19 PM by yodanut70 »

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
I need to get a Sidious Key to go with my SS SDCC Exclusive.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2007, 08:12:09 AM »
Recieved my X-Wing Sketchplate today from Odie, i really love these things.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2007, 08:44:24 AM »
these are really starting to grow on me, but I have to draw the line somewhere....nice pick up Laura

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2007, 12:33:24 PM »
WOW,My mouth drops. :jawsdown: AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2007, 07:15:01 PM »
these are really starting to grow on me, but I have to draw the line somewhere....nice pick up Laura

They're quite cool! I like the R2 and X-Wing ones I have.

Offline Homer.fett

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »
I wouldn't mind an R2 sketch plate. It looks awesome.

Shaak Ti arrived today. Another great charactrer key for my small but expanding collection  :D

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2007, 07:27:17 PM »
I bought the SDCC Darth Sidious Character Key earlier in the week and it arrived today. Will go great with the SS SDCC Ex.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
can someone tell me the difference between a character key and a giclee, besides the price. i have the grand moff tarkin character key but i was thinking of getting a giclee and wanted to know the difference in size and if it is an animation cel type art like the character key.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2008, 12:15:53 AM »
Its all in the layout. The character keys are done where there are multiple layers and the giclee is all on one or thats how it looks when I compare the two I have to my character keys.

Here's my light of the Jedi.  I also have the Sith one.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2008, 09:18:18 AM »
so r they the same size?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:17 AM »
No, character keys are much smaller.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
DC, what size frame did you get at WalGreens to frame these keys in?

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »
Pretty sure it was 5" x 7" but I'll check when I get home from work, if I don't pass out first. I ordered a shitload of them (like 40) so that I would have enough to cover what ACME has coming out for the time being. I might still have a link to the frame, again, if I can find it I'll post it here.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »
Pretty sure it was 5" x 7" but I'll check when I get home from work, if I don't pass out first. I ordered a shitload of them (like 40) so that I would have enough to cover what ACME has coming out for the time being. I might still have a link to the frame, again, if I can find it I'll post it here.

you da man!

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »
can someone tell me the difference between a character key and a giclee, besides the price. i have the grand moff tarkin character key but i was thinking of getting a giclee and wanted to know the difference in size and if it is an animation cel type art like the character key.

A Character Key is printed on cell using Lithograph process and floats on a background like Josh mentioned, while Giclee is the name of another printing process.  Giclee has a higher resolution that Lithograph, so it is used more on larger pieces to avoid blurring and anti-aliasing.  Look that the interview part ii I had with Acme back in September.  It's in the middle of the interview.

Part II
http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/acme_interview/acme_part_ii.htm

FYI, Part I
http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/acme_interview/acme_part_i.htm
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:46:14 PM by odiewan »

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2008, 12:11:26 AM »
'fox - the frames I purchased were 6" x 8" and made by a company called MCS. I just checked the WalGreens website and they no longer have it listed... oh no. What am I going to do when I use all of mine up and still have keys to display  :o  :'(

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2008, 10:27:44 AM »
My Han Solo key has shipped. :)

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2008, 03:44:25 PM »
My Han Solo key has shipped. :)
Mine too, it is at home already.  :)  Friday traffic always sucks here.  :(  I wish I could teleport or something.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
Always nice living close to where these ship. LOL

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »
Very cool they added the Make It Better campaign to their front page! On behalf of the community I'd like to say a big thanks to Acme Archives!

http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/

8)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »
that's cool, a nice rolling banner on top   8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:16:43 PM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »
I think that is great of ACME to support the cause.

Anyone going to get the Family guy poster, it looks kewl.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
THEY also dropped a couple of really KICK ASS prizes we plan to use for TotM, Sandblast or whatever else we see fit to do with it. One thing is for sure, it's going to ONE of you!!! I thank the people at ACME for helping us all the way across the board as the only other major manufactuerer that gets behind our efforts is Sideshow Collectibles.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2008, 11:02:37 AM »
Got my Han Character key today. #149/1000

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
I got my cell key yesturday #195.

I also scored an Xwing sketch key #56/1000. Thanks Bros.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2008, 06:03:55 AM »

when are we gonna see some updated photos of these things displayed?

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2008, 06:08:12 AM »

when are we gonna see some updated photos of these things displayed?

It's possible, is possible.

I am wondering do I frame the already framed artwork  hang them as is, put them on a shelf, decision decisions
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2008, 11:01:57 AM »

Awesome it got there on time.  Hope you like. 

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »
Any word on what the next cell key is after the Han one?

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »
Glad it got the Donovan! WE'RE really trying to focus on toning down the prize for TotM and talk more about what it TAKES to be TotM! As we're going to continue to try to surprise our winners every month!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
Any updates on what is going on with this line? Have they announced anything new?

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2008, 11:03:27 PM »
had a $25 gift card from sideshow and this was the only thing available, of the items that u can use the gift card on, that looked decent so i ordered it. it was only $25 so i only have to pay shipping.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »

Acme is proud to announce that our next character key will be none other than Darth Vader. Edition size of 1000 pieces, available for pre-order at 11am next Friday, November 7th!
Morly

http://www.characterkey.com/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:40:04 AM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
Looks cool i like the framework closeup on the helmet. I havent bought one of these in a while because they keep making them exclusives so they are expensive to get in the UK.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
had a $25 gift card from sideshow and this was the only thing available, of the items that u can use the gift card on, that looked decent so i ordered it. it was only $25 so i only have to pay shipping.
dont know how i forgot to include which one but i got the kit fisto character key.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2008, 01:02:12 PM »
Very cool. Wan't sure if we were going to get another key or not.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
I thought this line was done judging from the lack of releases.  I'm glad it's not and Vader is a good choice.

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • You ain't much if you ain't Dutch
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:18 AM »
I still think that Darth Vader animated looks a lot like he has Mickey Mouse ears!
The one and only Dirty Dutchman!!!!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »
I thought this line was done judging from the lack of releases.  I'm glad it's not and Vader is a good choice.

I couldn't agree with you more! Glad to see the Dark Lord is finally getting his!

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
the vader character key is now up for order for $35. http://www.characterkey.com/

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »

I love character key pre-orders....quick and painless!    :)

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:45 PM »
i have started collecting these. i have the c-4 grand moff tarkin and i have vader, obi-wan, kit fisto, c-3po, and the holiday boba fett on order.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »
got c-3po, anakin, and the arc captain charater keys in.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2008, 12:54:17 AM »
the Arc is a nice score John...how much was it?

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2008, 02:16:23 AM »
the Arc is a nice score John...how much was it?
$65 or so with shipping

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
got the vader character key in today.

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
Not sure if any of you guys saw this. ACME is having 25% off sale.  So get your prints and lithos for a good price today.

Note: It does not work for character keys.

Acme's One Day Only Sale
Friday, December 12th
use coupon code HOLIDAY25
to receive 25% off of anything
on AcmeArchivesDirect.com
(one time use per customer*, only good on 12/12/08)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:21:52 PM by odiewan »

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
This was announced today.  The Mickey character key, edition size 1000.  I am not sure I will get this though.  You can order it here.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:53:41 PM by odiewan »

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
Very easy pass for me.  ::)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
Yeah man, I've pretty been done with the "disney" themed stuff for quite some time. I want to do my best to keep Mickey Mouse out of Star Wars!  ::)   Ok I'll take Darth Vader or Han! Please!!!  :) :D :D ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2008, 10:53:03 PM »
They already made both Vader and Han... where have you been??

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2008, 03:26:12 PM »
Homeworld: Hyperion

???

Am I missing something?

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2008, 12:05:22 AM »
Homeworld: Hyperion

???

Am I missing something?

when you figure it out, please let me know

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
not interested in jedi mickey but i did get the mace windu character key in.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2009, 07:44:52 AM »
Maris Brood:

SDCC Exclusive Princess Leia:

Not really sure where Brood came from, and I'm done with OT keys... so these are both easy passes for me....

They whisperin about us

Offline The Josh

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
  • Ringer @ Heart
    • The Pulse
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »
Is brood a SDCC Ex as well?

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »
Don't like the Brood one but Acme bounced back with a nice Leia one after completely f*****g up the Luke one.

BTW, it that Ralph McQuarrie's version of the Falcon in the background of the Leia key?

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »
Is brood a SDCC Ex as well?

No Brood is up for sale on StarWarsShop.com right now, exclusive to them.

They whisperin about us

Offline yodanut70

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +9/-0
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2009, 11:10:03 AM »
Don't like the Brood one but Acme bounced back with a nice Leia one after completely f*****g up the Luke one.

What did happen with the Luke one?   I'm sure I ordered it but I didn't get an email confirmation and the charge isn't on my credit card.   Was it canceled?

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
Was it canceled?

Wishful thinking.  ;)

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
Here are 2 of my more recent additions

TIE sketch plate

Jedi Mickey Character Key- Found this when we were at Disneyland and i love it!!!!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:05:35 AM by Taurs »