Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 463563 times)

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2007, 11:18:25 PM »
THANK U SO MUCH, for askin my question.  I really appreciate u guys doing this.  I intend to stay on this site for a while.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2007, 11:26:29 PM »
One by one, and together we take the fight to them! We're glad you found another resource to assist you with your collection. We're here to collect and serve. United We Find!!  :td: :td:
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »
THANK U SO MUCH, for askin my question.  I really appreciate u guys doing this.  I intend to stay on this site for a while.

glad to have you with us...keep the questions coming Troopers!

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2007, 12:12:22 PM »
Those were some good questions submitted, I especially like the 3rd one regarding production of later waves in a line.  Interesting stuff.

;)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Thanks Chewie, while I'm sure these questions have been asked at some time on the convention trail it's a good refresher and reminder for those of us who are new recruits. NEED to know info!  :)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthjaybay

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
Im new to this site, do we post our questions here?  If so, here is one:

Dear hasbro,
There is one figure i have wanted since 1980 that you have yet to get to; do you think you will ever produce a Lando from the end of Empire Strikes back in his millenium falcon smuggler gear?  I believe this would be a BIG hit!

J

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »
Welocme to ST J,
Yep post your questions here and I like your first one already. With all the hope that the EU chars will be expanded upon Lando is ripe for a redo and a smuggler gear would fit the bill nicely.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »
Look how Hasbro churns out BS over at Yakface
Question:
Hasbro, for the upcoming Geonosis Arena Battlepack, what was the reasoning for putting in the selection of characters you chose? Why not a little more of a mix of some more accurate sculpts/more desireable figures, such as the following -

- Pablo Jill
- Coleman Trebor
- Red Battle Droid x 2 (from SAGA Accessory Set)
- Destroyer Droid (EPI battle damage)

Answer:
That pack was mostly kid-targeted, and the one "less known" character slot we had to fill was assigned to Aayla because the tools were all in the same factory (a critical component for any battle pack in order to hit our price and release date targets). The figures you suggest would be a good start for another Arena battle pack if we go back to that theme at some point....Coleman Trebor is a figure that deserves a re-release in some form or another.

Now it they'd of put Pablo Jill and Coleman Trebor in that Arena BP I'd of bought it! Too bad for hasbro this one will sit till clearance when will they learn?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 05:33:06 PM by masterfett »
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline dtityus

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »
A figure I would like to see is Yoda on Chewies Shoulder. It was quite a scene in the movie!

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »
Im new to this site, do we post our questions here?  If so, here is one:

Dear hasbro,
There is one figure i have wanted since 1980 that you have yet to get to; do you think you will ever produce a Lando from the end of Empire Strikes back in his millenium falcon smuggler gear?  I believe this would be a BIG hit!

J

Yes this would be a cool figure. Any version of a figure that has yet to be released has my vote :thumbup:

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »
The wide stance of the new 2007 Death Star Trooper and Rebel alliance Honor Guard are a bit exagerated. Is this a demo error or are these figures have the same wide stance as the Moff JJerod?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2007, 12:49:04 AM »
We got this today from the Q & A team:

Hello All,

Beginning immediately, the Star Wars Q&A program’s schedule has been revised to every other week (instead of its current weekly run).  As you know, 2007 is going to be a very busy year for Hasbro’s team.  While everyone will be busy behind the scenes, we remain committed to this program and to our steady communication with the fan and collector communities.  We hope everyone understands our decision to revise the schedule.

With this said, the next answers will be returned to you on Friday, January 26th. 

The deadline for submissions will remain as 5 PM ET on the Friday prior to the week’s answer date.  The revised schedule is tentatively outlined as follows.

*Submission Deadline/Answers Returned:
Friday, January 19/Friday, January 26
Friday, February 2/Friday, February 9
Friday, February 16/Friday, February 23
Friday, March 2/Friday, March 9
Friday, March 16/Friday, March 23
Friday, March 30/Friday, April 6
Friday, April 13/Friday, April 20
May, May 4/Friday, May 11

NOTE: The above schedule is tentative, as International American Toy Fair and Celebration IV may cause changes in the weeks and months ahead. 

Thank you for the continued enthusiasm and participation in Hasbro’s Star Wars Q&A program.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2007, 11:07:19 PM »
Look how Hasbro churns out BS over at Yakface
Question:
Hasbro, for the upcoming Geonosis Arena Battlepack, what was the reasoning for putting in the selection of characters you chose? Why not a little more of a mix of some more accurate sculpts/more desireable figures, such as the following -

- Pablo Jill
- Coleman Trebor
- Red Battle Droid x 2 (from SAGA Accessory Set)
- Destroyer Droid (EPI battle damage)

Answer:
That pack was mostly kid-targeted, and the one "less known" character slot we had to fill was assigned to Aayla because the tools were all in the same factory (a critical component for any battle pack in order to hit our price and release date targets). The figures you suggest would be a good start for another Arena battle pack if we go back to that theme at some point....Coleman Trebor is a figure that deserves a re-release in some form or another.

Now it they'd of put Pablo Jill and Coleman Trebor in that Arena BP I'd of bought it! Too bad for hasbro this one will sit till clearance when will they learn?

Thank you, that was my question!  Yes, I agree they really screwed up with the Arena Battlepack.  These Battle Packs are either hit or miss.

;)

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2007, 12:29:03 AM »
How close are we to getting an updated ANH Ben Kenobi figure?
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Now that it has been confirmed that we're getting figures from the upcoming next-gen Force Unleashed videogame, will we be getting more figures based on other Star Wars games?

I feel that the most ground breaking and innovative game LA ever made was Dark Forces II Jedi Knight.  It was very popular, and I feel that it is most deserving for an action figure line.  Please consider this if you already haven't.

I would like:

Gran in brown outfit

Tusken in black outfit

Jan Ors

Civilians

Rail Detonator stormtrooper

Repeater stormtrooper

Generic brown imperial officer

Yun

Maw

Gorc

Pic

Sariss

Boc

Jerec

and of course Kyle.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
Short and sweet this round Troops:

1) Will Hasbro try to hit more conventions to showcase their products since we'll never see a movie again or will Celebration IV be the main focus?

We will once again showcase our Fall line at the San Diego Comic Con this year (in addition to Celebration IV).  We'd like to be at more fan events in person, but the travel schedule for the team is what prevents us from committing to more shows than we can handle.  Both conventions are a great time to meet with fans face to face and discuss the line, and we'll continue to support those shows.

2) Are you going to sell the 501t Trooper that was issued to the 501st members who marched in the Rose Parade to the general public? The packaging is awesome!

This figure is a special tribute figure and a token of thanks for the folks who did the heavy lifting and provided amazing support for that great event. It will not be made available or sold to the public, aside from the very select few which will be auctioned for for charity on eBay.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2007, 06:37:12 PM »
Well, it's great that we got them... but why did we only get 2? Everyone else seems to have gotten 3 questions, but we got only 2? WTF is up with that?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »
Well, it's great that we got them... but why did we only get 2? Everyone else seems to have gotten 3 questions, but we got only 2? WTF is up with that?

We didnt get mny submitted to the forum. So, I'm sure we only had two to send. Just a guess, not my job.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »

2) Are you going to sell the 501t Trooper that was issued to the 501st members who marched in the Rose Parade to the general public? The packaging is awesome!

This figure is a special tribute figure and a token of thanks for the folks who did the heavy lifting and provided amazing support for that great event. It will not be made available or sold to the public, aside from the very select few which will be auctioned for for charity on eBay.

Bummer! However, exactly the answer I expected.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
Here's a question and answer from Rebelscum.
I'll be interested in seeing what all of you think of Hasbro's answer.

Rebelscum: Will Hasbro ever decide to change the distribution in their waves? Let's face it, army builder or not, clones (and the like) are easily the best selling figures due to their numbers on screen. Why not release a wave containing 1 each of slower moving characters such as Palpatine, Darth Vader, Senators, and Cantina extras and another consisting solely of clones (maybe 2 or 3 different ones per case). This way, Hasbro could ensure that peg warmers would not be over-shipped and there would be enough clones for all.

Hasbro: The best way to manage the line, as we have been doing very successfully for the past two years, is to stick with a balanced approach. We balance our cases to ensure that we have the best mix at retail for both kid-targeted figures and collectors, ensuring the best retail "turn" on the pegs. Producing solid case packs of "niche" characters is a sure way to doom the productivity and would lead to these types of figures being dropped entirely, which nobody wants to see.

Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #410 on: January 26, 2007, 09:46:10 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Can you tell us what you have in store for the 3" Titanium Vehicles? Do you have plans for:
  • Obi-Wan w/Boga
  • Jettisoned Escape Pod w/C-3PO and R2-D2 (really want to see this one in the sand with droids outside)
  • Gungans riding Kaadus
  • Trade Federation STAPs
  • Jabba with Princess Leia Captive
  • Sando Aqua Monster
  • Opee Sea Killer
  • Colo Claw Fish
  • Bespin Twin-Pod Cloud Car
  • General Grevious Wheelbike
  • Solo on Hoth Tauntaun
  • Rancor with Luke
  • Ewok Glider
  • Death Star 2 Under Construction

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #411 on: January 26, 2007, 09:54:50 PM »

Bummer! However, exactly the answer I expected.
I knew this answer before it was even going to be asked I wonder why a question was wasted on this when there are so many others?

Here's a question and answer from Rebelscum.
I'll be interested in seeing what all of you think of Hasbro's answer.

Rebelscum: Will Hasbro ever decide to change the distribution in their waves? Let's face it, army builder or not, clones (and the like) are easily the best selling figures due to their numbers on screen. Why not release a wave containing 1 each of slower moving characters such as Palpatine, Darth Vader, Senators, and Cantina extras and another consisting solely of clones (maybe 2 or 3 different ones per case). This way, Hasbro could ensure that peg warmers would not be over-shipped and there would be enough clones for all.

Hasbro: The best way to manage the line, as we have been doing very successfully for the past two years, is to stick with a balanced approach. We balance our cases to ensure that we have the best mix at retail for both kid-targeted figures and collectors, ensuring the best retail "turn" on the pegs. Producing solid case packs of "niche" characters is a sure way to doom the productivity and would lead to these types of figures being dropped entirely, which nobody wants to see.

Well that whole balanced approach they're talking about are they smokin crack I've never seen a balanced case! There is usually 1 figure that everyone wants that's always shortpacked while there are two to three of the others, around here anyways.

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #412 on: January 26, 2007, 10:04:22 PM »
Troopers, while I won't go into specifics, suffice it to say there WERE 3 questions submitted for this last round, and Hasbro refused to answer it.  While I feel it was a justifiable question that would bring certain events into light, Hasbro felt that it was not in their best interest to answer it.  My appologies to you all. 

As for that question from Slum: Interesting that that particular question has been asked several times by several sites, and never answered until THEY asked it.  More interesting than that is the proof in their flawed thinking.  Proof that each and every one of us has seen on a daily basis.  Not ONE clone to be found on any peg anywhere, but if you want to build an army of Prego Padmes, you all could wear a blindfold and stock up well.

Pat

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #413 on: January 26, 2007, 10:09:09 PM »
Troopers, while I won't go into specifics, suffice it to say there WERE 3 questions submitted for this last round, and Hasbro refused to answer it.  While I feel it was a justifiable question that would bring certain events into light, Hasbro felt that it was not in their best interest to answer it.  My appologies to you all. 

Pat
If you don't mind me asking, what quesyion did they refuse to answer, that way we'll know not to ask it again.

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #414 on: January 26, 2007, 10:13:05 PM »
Dear Hasbro Questions and Answers Rep,

How are the answers to our questions determined, and is it one voice that responds to them all, or is there research done to accurately answer and do different qualified individuals answer each question?

I ask this because the answers to case assortment, pegwarmers and the Greatest Battles questions are way off base so far. IMHO. And 99% of other forum users agree. Just read the forums and look at the pictures we post to support our claim. We are only trying to help ourselves and you.
Thanks.

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »
Sorry Shawn, but that is something that will be kept behind closed doors for the time being, unless Spice wants to elaborate on it.  Trust me, no one from the public forums has asked this question (at least not openly), and I doubt anyone will.

Back to the matter at hand, though.  That question above about the titanium ships is an excellent question.  There has not been much asked about that line during the Q&A sessions.  I'll be interested to hear their answers.

Pat

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2007, 10:25:41 PM »
Back to the matter at hand, though.  That question above about the titanium ships is an excellent question.  There has not been much asked about that line during the Q&A sessions.  I'll be interested to hear their answers.

Pat
That's probably because I could care less about this line, I wish they would focus the time and money into 3 3/4 line, I want my damn AT-TE!!!!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2007, 01:20:25 AM »
^ Agreed.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »
The question was basically are these sessions just lip service to the fans? For instance our second question that was answered was yes they'll be at Comicon (no kidding) and CIV but what we were looking for is WHY they do not set up at Wizard World LA, Chicago, Philly. More times than many they've answered with "Find out at Comic-Con" "Not right now but maybe in the near future" and many other things that makes me wonder are they sitting there with an Ask Yoda.

Master Frank has an amazing point up there and I don't think it's a matter of US telling them how to run a billion dollar business as much as it is we're tired of paying for crap we don't need and therefore are finding other places to put it. IE Master Replicas, Gentle Giant and Sideshow. My biggest concern is the line will burn out to something else like GI Joe or Transformers and will go away again like it did from basically 85-95.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:46:48 AM by Darth Spice »

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

Hasbro: The best way to manage the line, as we have been doing very successfully for the past two years, is to stick with a balanced approach. We balance our cases to ensure that we have the best mix at retail for both kid-targeted figures and collectors, ensuring the best retail "turn" on the pegs. Producing solid case packs of "niche" characters is a sure way to doom the productivity and would lead to these types of figures being dropped entirely, which nobody wants to see.[/quote]

Well that whole balanced approach they're talking about are they smokin crack I've never seen a balanced case! There is usually 1 figure that everyone wants that's always shortpacked while there are two to three of the others, around here anyways.
[/quote]

Yeah,

The guy who comes up with the case ratios is on crack.I can say this in my area.If Appo shows up and there are 4 collectors at one of our Walmarts there is going to be a fight in the toy aisle.One Walmart gets hit very regularly.If you aren't there when they put the stuff out you are SOL.I wish Hasblow will do somethign about the short packing problem.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:06:11 PM by Darth Spice »