Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 461256 times)

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »
I'm interested in knowing why the TRU Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack was either under produced or undrshipped compared to others, I ask this because this was one of the hardest to get and most saught after, and I wouldn't even have my one if it wasn't for a friend. It seems to me that in making a BP like this there should have been more produced for the sheer fact Clones sell and they are great for army bulding. Also is it possible for a re-release for this item or a similar BP to be released?
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2006, 12:37:21 PM »
Yeah, I saw this battlepack once, maybe twice and that was it. Hate to think what it may be fetching on eBay right now.

Offline Artoo

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Oh crap!
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2006, 03:02:47 PM »
We've got (getting) a Delta Squad set, now how about a Omega Squad set w/ the troops & Etain Tur-Murkan & atleast 1 other character from the novels? The books are popular & these would sell well.

Yeah, how bout that. but hey Artoo... if you want to see some badass Omega Squad troops and some badass Null ARC's, check out my customs page...

http://www.sandtroopers.com/customs/rc1138/
Sweet!
'I thought that hairy best would be the end of me!"
"Bee boo?"
"Of course I've felt better!"

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2006, 10:04:40 PM »
The Latest:

1. Since you release random Clones and Battle Packs of Clones that are based on your imagination and not featured in the movie, case in point Mace Windu's Battalion, are you considering doing a repaint of Cody to match the 442nd Siege Battalion clones as their commander? if so I would welcome it as well as any more Clones you come out with that has that awesome SA sculpt!

We would not redo Cody to match, because Cody needs to maintain his on-screen personna.  Glad you like the clones…we were glad to have the Lucasfilm reference for these.  We like them a lot and glad you do too!
That's funny they did not mention any type of commander planned for this legion, maybe we wont be getting one. If so I think I'll customize one!

Just something of interest to everyone who wants a commander for their 442nd.... Found this on www.wookieepedia.com

The 7th Sky Corps was a division of the Third Systems Army under the joint command of Clone Marshal Commander Cody and High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The 212th Attack Battalion and the 2nd Airborne Company were elements of the 7th.

For some reason, their armor was identical to that of the 442nd Siege Battalion. It is unknown if the 442nd was another element of the 7th Sky Corps.
 (I'm guessing by the markings and colors, we can ASSUME they are)

The 442nd Siege Battalion was a unit of clone troopers within the Grand Army of the Republic. They, as their name implies, were skilled in besieging enemy fortifications.

For some reason, their armor was identical to the armor of the 7th Sky Corps' clone troopers.

During the Clone Wars, they were sent to aid in the capture of Cato Neimoidia, a key Trade Federation stronghold.

Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2006, 01:24:09 AM »
is it just me or are they saying cody needs to be shorter? wtf? maybe I have a 3rd grade comprehension but how does that work?

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »
is it just me or are they saying cody needs to be shorter? wtf? maybe I have a 3rd grade comprehension but how does that work?

Huh? no not shorter, He's the Commander in charge of the 7th Sky Corps and presumably the 442nd Siege Battalion. So, to all those who are seeking a Commander for their new figure, they already have that which they desire.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Offline Arcturus_1020

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2006, 11:23:40 AM »
3: Are any plans for a Playskool Galactic Heroes TIE Fighter vehicle to go along with the X-Wing Fighter vehicle currently out?

There are no plans for Galactic Heroes vehicles for now.  The sales of Galactic Heroes, both to kid AND collector, have been way over on the figure side.  The vehicles we released last year struggled, even with the influx of kids into the market.  So.... what are kids doing with them?  Probably what a lot of their dads do...collect them.  That's why vehicles are a tough sell right now.  But we're passionate about the GH concept and we'll look for news ways to approach the play pattern, but they may or may not involve vehicles.

Chris, I never thanked you for asking that question to Hasbro . . . sorry and THANK YOU! I think a big part of the tough sell on them right now is that there are no enemy ships to do "battle" with the Falcon and X-Wing. I'm not even going to count those other 2 vehicles - the lame X-wing and Speeder. Those, IMHO were a bad move to produce. If they're truly passionate about them, they need to market this line in print and broadcast advertising. I saw the recent play packs they just introduced, but sadly, we already have all those figures so we're not going to buy those packs. My daughter plays with these toys still, so I for one don't collect them. Thanks again, Chris! :)

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2006, 11:44:28 PM »
Here's my question: Why was the decision made to alter the color of the holographic mini-figures from blue to red?  The blue minifigs can be used for dioramas, but the red ones aren't movie-accurate, and so are of little play value.  Any help here would be hot.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2006, 04:07:16 PM »
The latest:

1) How about hasbro making a new skiff? One a little larger and has the feature of C-3P0 and R2-D2 with the clamps that picked them up in the movie?

There are other bigger, more aggressive vehicles we'd like to get to before considering a skiff.

2) What does Hasbro do to try to avoid peg warmers? For example, when you made the Lushros Dophine figure, which has been a peg warmer for about 6 months now, you had to know that this would not be an extremely popular figure among kids or collectors so why did Hasbro make so many of them and how will this issue be rectified in the future?

Key learning on Lushros: Initially, we dedcided to limit him to a historically-based "low-end number," but because of the runaway success of figures this year, we scaled him up in proportion with the rest of the line (this happens automatically, say, if we decided to double the amount we make of any one wave to keep up with demand, instead of remixing and deleting and adding a different figure). We knew kids didn't want him, and that there are more collectors engaged in 3-3/4" then there have been in many years so we felt confident we could let the line play out on him. We did overshoot on him though, and it was valuable data for future line planning. He is really the only figure that we have seen in abundance, though.  Overall, we do not have any problems with figures and it has not gotten in the way of getting TSC to shelf so this was an isolated incident that has not been a problem and we are watching it more carefully.

3) Are there any special plans to keep this line alive and well after the 30th Anniversary celebrations are done next year?

You bet!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Hothchad

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +125/-0
« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2006, 06:09:52 PM »
I like Big H's answer to question #2 about pegwarmers.  It seems they think that was the only figure they feel they dropped the ball on, that is just funny!
Failure is not in my vocabulary

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2006, 06:24:18 PM »
I like Big H's answer to question #2 about pegwarmers.  It seems they think that was the only figure they feel they dropped the ball on, that is just funny!

Agreed. Thanks for asking my question.
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2006, 07:11:33 PM »
The latest:

2) What does Hasbro do to try to avoid peg warmers? For example, when you made the Lushros Dophine figure, which has been a peg warmer for about 6 months now, you had to know that this would not be an extremely popular figure among kids or collectors so why did Hasbro make so many of them and how will this issue be rectified in the future?

Key learning on Lushros: Initially, we dedcided to limit him to a historically-based "low-end number," but because of the runaway success of figures this year, we scaled him up in proportion with the rest of the line (this happens automatically, say, if we decided to double the amount we make of any one wave to keep up with demand, instead of remixing and deleting and adding a different figure). We knew kids didn't want him, and that there are more collectors engaged in 3-3/4" then there have been in many years so we felt confident we could let the line play out on him. We did overshoot on him though, and it was valuable data for future line planning. He is really the only figure that we have seen in abundance, though.  Overall, we do not have any problems with figures and it has not gotten in the way of getting TSC to shelf so this was an isolated incident that has not been a problem and we are watching it more carefully.[/color]

Now I've seen hasblo blow some smoke up our ass in the past but this one wins the bonfire award.

He is really the only figure that we have seen in abundance? (they don't get out much)  It has not gotten in the way? (they don't shop at my stores) An isolated incident? (Helen Keller could see through this crapola)  I can't even call this my usual load of BS!

Vader, Obi Wan, Destroyer Droid and all of the Nemoidians. The GB line along with the H&V figures. I'm not even going to mention the TSC line that still fills an entire end cap at my Walmart store.

This was a great question. It put Hasbro on the spot and they proved once and for all that honesty is not their best policy.

Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #342 on: December 09, 2006, 07:01:18 AM »
If they think that Lushros is the only "abundant" figure then they to get out to a Walmart and look at the frickin' pegs.  I can have an army of H&V / GH Mace, Shock Trooper, and about everyone else.  I can also pick up  a hundred or so of TSC Wave 1 that have been shipping in revision cases.  20 Chewie in Chains anyone?  I went to a less traveled WM that doesn't over order on everything and found 3 fresh on the peg cases of the Holo Cody wave.  Thank God for the non-SuperWM!
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline thoughtbomb

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #343 on: December 09, 2006, 02:11:18 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
     Are there any plans to do a new version of R2D2 with a pop-up lightsaber? Perhaps with a more movie accurate, metal hilt? Maybe even as a vintage figure? This is one i have been wanted redone for awhile now!

Offline thoughtbomb

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #344 on: December 09, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
     Now that you have answer the question of how many of the top 25 fan choice figures will actually be made next year (11, not 10), will we see more of these on single cards or in comic packs? And speaking of comic packs, have you guys thought of making one for the comicbook "Purge"? Out of all the versions of Darth Vader that have been produced, we don't have an actual "battle damaged" version, and this would be an awesome opportunity to have one made (you could pack him in with any one of the jedi characters from the book)!

Offline JeneralJarJar

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »
I have a question if you don't mind  :):

Will there be a running change to the Return of the Jedi tin set to fix the incorrect movie title on the tin itself?

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2006, 06:33:41 PM »
Hey JarJar, what is the incorrect title, I haven't seen or heard of it.  It is a good questions though.

Pat

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »
Now that we've seen the Attack of the Clones Clone Commander, Lieutenant, and Sergeant in the Evolutions sculpt, are we ever going to see the Captain so that we can complete the chain of command?

Feedback

Offline tonicphx

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #348 on: December 12, 2006, 05:34:17 PM »
why was eeth koth left out of the jedi posse unleashed set?

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »
why was eeth koth left out of the jedi posse unleashed set?

You ment Agen Kolar right?

Feedback

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #350 on: December 13, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »
Q: How do you determine which figures will be 2-packs? I can understand placing the two pod racers in the same pack, because the figures are very small. Then why wasn't Chief Chirpa packed with a second Ewok? Also, will we see figures return on the deluxe figure cards anytime soon?

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #351 on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:15 PM »
Q:Will hasbro hold a contest that involves fans picking / suggesting deluxe carded figures with accessories. Example; Maul with his speeder or a Jawa zapping R2 for the $10 price point.

Offline JeneralJarJar

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2006, 01:59:26 PM »
Hey JarJar, what is the incorrect title, I haven't seen or heard of it.  It is a good questions though.

Pat

It's 'The' Return of the Jedi.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »
THE latest:

1) Was the Toys 'R Us exclusive Battlepack, "The Hunt For General Grievous" under produced or under shipped?  This was one of the most difficult to find.  Is there any chance of a re-release of this in the future?

It was neither...it was simply very popular.  While the TRU-exclusive Clone Wars Republic Gunship was re-released, TRU chose not to re-release the matching Battle Pack, so that explains the paucity of this pack.  We are thinking about the possibility of re-releasing it elsewhere but it would not be until well into 2007 if we did re-release.

2)  Are we ever going to see a Clone Blaze Trooper and a Clone Assassin Trooper from the Ep III game?

They are not in the plans right now, but with the welcome reception to the Republic Commandos figures, we are looking to see what videogame inspired figures we could work into a future line.  We’ll take your suggestion into account.

3) Is Quinlan Vos still slated for release? If so when? We are seeing a two pack believed to be the Hasbro retailer catalogue stating Komari Vosa and Vilmarh Grahrk, is this a typo?

He is indeed slated for Wave 2 of the comic packs.  We do not have an image available right now, but the pack should be made available very soon.

IMPORTANT SCHEDULE NOTICE: Due to unavoidable production delays, the first waves of Star Wars 30th Anniversary basic figures for 2007 will be delayed until March. We ae looking at every way to get the figures in earlier, but fans should not expect to find them on shelf on 1/1 as we were hoping. We expect subsequent waves beyond the first to be on schedule shortly thereafter. We'll keep everyone updated as needed, but please be patient.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:31:57 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2006, 04:07:08 PM »
All of those responses are promising. I'm happy with the answers from this batch. Oh, and thanks for using my question! #2
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »
THE latest:

1) Was the Toys 'R Us exclusive Battlepack, "The Hunt For General Grievous" under produced or under shipped?  This was one of the most difficult to find.  Is there any chance of a re-release of this in the future?

It was neither...it was simply very popular.  While the TRU-exclusive Clone Wars Republic Gunship was re-released, TRU chose not to re-release the matching Battle Pack, so that explains the paucity of this pack.  We are thinking about the possibility of re-releasing it elsewhere but it would not be until well into 2007 if we did re-release.

I'll try to keep my response to hasblos weekly BS answer a little more tame than usual.

TRU CHOSE NOT TO RE-RELEASE THE BATTLEPACK? :puke:

Another huge pile of Bantha Poop. If the battlepack was so popular I don't believe that TRU would say "WE SOLD OUT SO WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE."

I know I've said it before but Just How Freakin Stupid does hasblo think we are???? TRU is a struggling toy store. They would not pass on the opportunity to sell as many items as possible. Especially something as popular as the Grevous Battlepack.

Hasbro's continued willingness to be dishonest reinforces my decision to spend my hard earned cash with a more reputable supplier of Star Wars toys. 

If the bloboys can substantiate their claim that it is the fault of TRU I will retract my statement.

I do however agree with RC1138. The rest of the answers are promissing but this one blows.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2006, 11:24:10 AM »
PLZ ask this.  :)

The aliens from Jabba's Palace and Sailbarge show some of the most wild creatures in the Star Wars Universe.  So are you planning to make never before made figures from the movie?  Here is a list:

Sgt. Doallyn
Bane Malar
Weequay Skiff Master
Weequay Marksman
Kithaba(an easy Barada repaint)
and of course new Niktos

Offline Artoo

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Oh crap!
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »

Huh? no not shorter, He's the Commander in charge of the 7th Sky Corps and presumably the 442nd Siege Battalion. So, to all those who are seeking a Commander for their new figure, they already have that which they desire.
I'll think it would be safe to have the green clone commander from ROTS/GB be their commander.
'I thought that hairy best would be the end of me!"
"Bee boo?"
"Of course I've felt better!"

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2006, 03:54:51 PM »
THE latest:

I'll try to keep my response to hasblos weekly BS answer a little more tame than usual.

TRU CHOSE NOT TO RE-RELEASE THE BATTLEPACK? :puke:

Another huge pile of Bantha Poop. If the battlepack was so popular I don't believe that TRU would say "WE SOLD OUT SO WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE."

I know I've said it before but Just How Freakin Stupid does hasblo think we are???? TRU is a struggling toy store. They would not pass on the opportunity to sell as many items as possible. Especially something as popular as the Grevous Battlepack.

Hasbro's continued willingness to be dishonest reinforces my decision to spend my hard earned cash with a more reputable supplier of Star Wars toys. 

If the bloboys can substantiate their claim that it is the fault of TRU I will retract my statement.

I do however agree with RC1138. The rest of the answers are promissing but this one blows.

Ron, what happened to being more tame?  ;D

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Decadentia

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2006, 04:41:40 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

I fully applaud the current direction you're taking with respect to the EU characters that are slated for 2007. I'm a big EU fan and especially love Timothy Zahn's creations. That said, I'm thrilled to see a new Thrawn, Mara and Bothan announced, or so I read. For the Bothan, what interpretation (source) will you be using for the figure? (I'm very partial to the old 'SW: Rebellion' computergame look for the Bothans myself) Also, are there currently plans to incorporate Talon Karrde, Joruus C'baoth and a Noghri into the line?