Star Wars Chewbacca Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure

Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 469190 times)

Offline darth2525

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 09:46:54 AM »
Darth2525 (Todd Weiler)

Hasbro
Has anyone ever considered the idea of marketing a product which would include a card designed to match the original 1970's-80's cards and a bubble with a self adhesive strip on it? I would imagine a huge demand for this item from collectors who would purchase this product so that they could take their loose vintage figures and re-insert them in an original looking card for display in their collections.

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 06:38:14 PM »
Darth2525 (Todd Weiler)

Hasbro
Has anyone ever considered the idea of marketing a product which would include a card designed to match the original 1970's-80's cards and a bubble with a self adhesive strip on it? I would imagine a huge demand for this item from collectors who would purchase this product so that they could take their loose vintage figures and re-insert them in an original looking card for display in their collections.

darth, I dont know who you are, but I have to say this is one of the best ideas I have heard in some time. I would love this. Although, one Trooper Larry is freaking awesome when it comes to doing this.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »
very good question to give to hasbro. I wouldn't mind getting some vintage style cards for my loose collection. I thought about designing my own stuff or just taking a template from one of the many sites out there that deal with custom cardbacks.

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 06:08:01 AM »
My question to Hasbro:
                                 Is there a chance we could get the Playset lines back into production. We have some well thought out vehicle lines, but what about re-designing Yoda's Playset, Ewok Village, or even a well detailed large scaled Death Star, from the original movies, or newer scenes such as, the Jedi Temple, or Kashykk
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 06:14:35 AM »
That is another good question. I would like to get the Yoda playset again along with the Hoth one and the Death Star. I have them all in bits and pieces back in OH. I need to get them here so I can find what pieces I need.

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 07:24:19 PM »
FYI: The playset question was posed by some folks at other sites and was answered by Hasbro last week. The Hasbro representative basically said that they are always looking at the feasibility of producing playsets but that playsets at this time would not make good business sense. Too bad for those of us, such as myself, who would love to see some re-released or new playsets.

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 08:47:18 PM »
Any answers to our questions, Spice?  ???  What were the three that you submitted?
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 01:36:38 PM »
Troopers, due to technical reasons beyond our control, we were not able to send these questions in last week. However, I did just send this to our Hasbro representative, and hopefully we'll hear back from them soon. Thank you for the questions that were submitted. It was hard narrowing it down to just three, because they were all very good questions.

1. Is Hasbro willing to utilize Star Wars collector web sites in an effort to better understand the wants and desires and expectations of the general public?

2. It seems like almost all of the basic and VTSC figures previewed thus far are going to be released by mid-year. Are we going to see more basic and VTSC figures in 2006? How many more?

3. Would Hasbro be willing to sell Army Builder cases direct to consumers?  - like the SA clones available through Enterainment Earth?  A solid case of Death Star Gunners, VOTC Storm Troopers, Death Star Troopers.

I also added the following in the email as well...

I know we are only supposed to send you three questions but there's a fourth question that I personally have been dying to hear answered by someone at Hasbro, which is the following: "When shoud we expect to see the Tonnika Twins made into plastic format?"

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 04:12:41 PM »
Questions:

1) When Hasbrotoyshop.com opened, I was very excited. My hope was that I would be able to order all of my Star Wars, GI Joe, and Transformers collectibles from the site. While I have made numerous purchases, I have been a little disappointed with the site. Since this is a "Hasbro" website, I had hoped to see the toys offered a little earlier than other retailers. In fact, I would be happy to pay a small premium in order to get the figures and/or cases of figures early. Are there any plans to improve distribution of toys to the web outlet in order to make the toys available earlier?

2) Was the late 1970s and early 1980s a "Golden Age" for toys? It seems as though the Star Wars, GI Joe, and Transformers toy lines were huge when I was a child. The Star Wars and GI Joe toy lines were very impressive through the middle part of the 1980s. There were diverse products available that included a large assortment of basic figures, many vehicles, and great playsets like the Death Star and USS Flagg. Would it ever be possible to return the toy market to the way it was back in the 1980s or are there just too many other options competing for the child's/parent's dollar? Do you think that a movie such as the Transformers movie due out next summer could stimulate children's interest in toys enough to revitalize the toy industry in a way that recent Star Wars movies failed to do?

(By the way, this question is in no way intended to be critical of the current Star Wars toy line and especially the 2006 action figures which I think are very impressive.)

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »
FYI: The playset question was posed by some folks at other sites and was answered by Hasbro last week. The Hasbro representative basically said that they are always looking at the feasibility of producing playsets but that playsets at this time would not make good business sense. Too bad for those of us, such as myself, who would love to see some re-released or new playsets.

My cousin (who is 7) has a lot of friends who love star wars and other toy lines.. Now I know that when I was a kid playsets were really cool and I had many of them (from Star Wars to He-man) but from watching my cousin and his friends play and from the toys that are out on the market today it seems as though the "playset" concept isn't what it use to be. Though seeing how well the new Saga line has sold if done right I'm sure there could be some money in it for Hasbro.

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 09:45:44 PM »
I own a few collections of commercials from the vintage Star Wars toy line, but the quality is a little poor. Would Habsro ever consider releasing the old Star Wars toy commercials on a DVD or perhaps making them available for download from the website?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 09:46:28 PM by Trooper Jon »

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »
My question is on availablity,namely distribution.Can Hasbro do something about short packing very sought after figures like the clones?Cody and Scortch were very difficult to find.I  did mange to find them but it was not easy.I know it is hard to figure out which figures are going to be the most popular.The is Hasbro know about cody and Scortch being the hot ones.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2006, 09:28:53 AM »
Do you think Hasbro will ever consider selling solid casepacks of just the "army builder" type figures? These figures are always quick, constant sell outs at retail, and they seem to be very hard to find. Selling solid cases of Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts, Clone Troopers, TIE Pilots, etc. seems like a no brainer, and an easy way for Hasbro to do several things at once:

a) keep collectors and army builders happy
b) keep a constant influx of revenue
c) hopefully keep store shelves stocked at all times
d) satisfy both hardcore collectors/army builders and the children/casual collector market

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Hothchad

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +125/-0
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »
The question I have for Hasbro is this:
What is the chance of your company selling accessories like the senate pod itself to the collector.  There are pieces that come with certain playsets, deluxe figures, and battlepacks that have already been produced and the molds are already in place.  Going even further being able to purchase various weapons and such.  These items don't need any special packaging, just in a plain old bag.  These items can be sold through your own toystore.  There are collectors, diarama builders that would like lets say 10 senate pods to make a scene, but would have to buy 10 battlepacks to get them.  It shouldn't be that hard to run the production line a little longer to make more.  It is a way to satisfy your customers and for your company to make some more profits.
Failure is not in my vocabulary

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 05:34:43 PM »
Hey, have we heard any answers to the questions we submitted?

Erik
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 09:34:34 PM »
Yes, I apoligize to our members for dropping the ball. It seems our questions missed the timeframe and we have worked out the problem. I've been spending too much focus on Sandblast 2006, and I PROMISE you guys THIS mis-fire on my part will be most rewarding soon. Wait til you see what we're building!  ;)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 08:08:01 AM »
Will hasbro ever re release the clone pilot from AOTC with the cannon that fits on the gunships? Perhaps the evolutions pilot with the cannon that would be ideal.  There have been three gunships released since the original and collectors sorely need those extra cannons.  If they do when might we see this?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »
Will hasbro ever re release the clone pilot from AOTC with the cannon that fits on the gunships? Perhaps the evolutions pilot with the cannon that would be ideal.  There have been three gunships released since the original and collectors sorely need those extra cannons.  If they do when might we see this?

That would be awesome since I could use 2 or 10 of those.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
Where are the answers to our questions?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 06:18:45 PM »
It's a very good question Jon, although outlets that didn't even make the voyage to NYC and brave the largest snowfall in NY history are getting their questions answered, Sandtroopers.com has sent in questions for 3 weeks and got nothing. Here is what I received from Hasbro PR last Tuesday when I asked where the questions from OUR readers were:

Chris, I just listened to your voicemail (I was out yesterday), and Iíve checked our archive of questions received.  I donít believe weíve received anything to date from Sandtroopers.  I wish you would have contacted me sooner, when you didnít receive answers to Week 1ís questions by the set timeframe.  Iíll make sure to submit four questions from you this week, next week and the following.  Youíll be caught up in no time.

I don't know what to say other than maybe telling the truth and saying what you believe has come back to haunt us.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 12:58:50 PM »
We'll see, thanks for the heads up spice!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2006, 01:03:10 PM »
Hey fellas I just can't explain what the issue is but it should be resolved soon. Perhaps telling the truth and our very biased opinions are coming back to bite us in the ass. Fact of the matter is this, we have gotten along without them for 6 years. We can get along without them fine but I wish they wouldn't email me and say they want our readers questions and then not follow up. Again, I'm not really too upset about it but the fact you have every other Star Wars site getting their questions answered and we are not, well what does that tell you? Maybe you Troopers should all take up and email them yourself but let's see what happens this week with this bulls**t.

Offline Scruffy

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • who's scruffy-looking?
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 08:25:49 AM »
That's crap that we're the only SW site not to get any questions in...when I noticed that I was pissed.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »
Hey fellas I just can't explain what the issue is but it should be resolved soon. Perhaps telling the truth and our very biased opinions are coming back to bite us in the ass. Fact of the matter is this, we have gotten along without them for 6 years. We can get along without them fine but I wish they wouldn't email me and say they want our readers questions and then not follow up. Again, I'm not really too upset about it but the fact you have every other Star Wars site getting their questions answered and we are not, well what does that tell you? Maybe you Troopers should all take up and email them yourself but let's see what happens this week with this bulls**t.

Give us the e:mail address and a contact name. Then let the flood gates open.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:39 PM »
Give us the e:mail address and a contact name. Then let the flood gates open.

That actually sounds like a really good idea.

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 01:46:16 PM »
I'm behind that.  Release the Dogs of War.

Pat

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »
Guys, I've been assured our questions will be getting answered this week. Keep them locked but please do not unload.

Offline Scruffy

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • who's scruffy-looking?
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 07:42:38 PM »
As Mr. Burns would say... "release the hounds!"

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
It comes down to some mis-communication, we were told our questions will be included this Friday. We'll soon see at the end of the week. Good thing we don't rely on this for our only content!  ;)  I will be vindicated from this little mishap very soon. You'll all see what's kept me so busy to miss a few details.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:09:45 PM by Darth Spice »

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 12:25:53 PM »
We have FINALLY gotten some answers back to the questions we sent Hasbro. There's only five questions with answers here, but it's better than nothing. I honestly think we could have gotten better answers than these, but I guess we have to take what's given to us.

1) What is Hasbro planning on doing to make purchasing their product more fan/collector friendly? Can you please elaborate?

2) Why is Hasbro ending their 2006 waves of TSC in October?  Could we expect another wave around the holiday season? Good question Chris. We'll have plenty of product announcements for Fall 2006 and beyond at Comic-Con. Be sure to attend our panel discussion on Friday morning to get all the details!

3) Will we ever see the Tonika Twins in a 3 3/4 inch figure? Hopefully, but there's no timeline.

4) Where are the following Clone figures...
 A. Boss
 B. Fixer
 C. Sev
 D. Commander Fox
 E. Commander Neyo

Wait for Comic Con and some of your questions will be answered.

5) Also what are the chances of seeing more EU figures such as the Solo kids and more Quinlan Vos? It's too early to release specifics of the EU line-up. There is only one certainty on the EU - there will be many, many figures that fans want to see made and not enough slots to cover them all, at least in 2007Öso the best thing I can say is "patience."  If the EU line does well, chances are it will continue and eventually we could get to most or all of the higher-profile figures collectors want to see introduced or re-done.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:24:18 PM by Darth Spice »