Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 640055 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #2010 on: September 17, 2010, 07:37:44 AM »
I've said that - and suggested that.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #2011 on: September 26, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »
Okay hasbro, when are we going to see a blurrg with rider? They have been featured now in multiple clone wars episode on Ryloth, and for the Older crowd they were in one of the ewok movies..... these could easily be put into the minirig type assortment that you have going on  or into a clonewars themed battlepack.  You could either include cham syndulla or another twilek as a rider  or possibly a barc trooper.... Once you have the mold for this you could repaint it and sell it in a variety of colors as well.   What do you think the chances are of something like that?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2012 on: September 27, 2010, 02:44:03 AM »
Okay hasbro, when are we going to see a blurrg with rider? They have been featured now in multiple clone wars episode on Ryloth, and for the Older crowd they were in one of the ewok movies..... these could easily be put into the minirig type assortment that you have going on  or into a clonewars themed battlepack.  You could either include cham syndulla or another twilek as a rider  or possibly a barc trooper.... Once you have the mold for this you could repaint it and sell it in a variety of colors as well.   What do you think the chances are of something like that?

This is a good question and a good point.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Blurrg is also what the clone troopers ride in the game Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Wars Campaigns, right?

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2013 on: September 27, 2010, 09:00:20 AM »

This is a good question and a good point.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Blurrg is also what the clone troopers ride in the game Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Wars Campaigns, right?

could be but I haven't played those... so don't know for sure
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #2014 on: September 30, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
I have a question for Hasbro about the Fett Stickers.  Will they be on all figures on the new vintage style card?  As cool as the offer is it seems to be getting old to see it on every single figure.  At some point I am hoping the little mail away form will be good enough. 
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #2015 on: October 01, 2010, 04:35:30 AM »
I have a question for Hasbro about the Fett Stickers.  Will they be on all figures on the new vintage style card?  As cool as the offer is it seems to be getting old to see it on every single figure.  At some point I am hoping the little mail away form will be good enough. 

it is apparent that is what they want to do.. go over board.. they want to capture the kenner glory days.. but those are gone. the give away is plagued with damaged boxes and most of the figures do not stand up straight on their own...

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2016 on: October 01, 2010, 10:37:06 AM »
peel them off, they peel off quite easily without damage to the card... I know I tried

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2017 on: October 27, 2010, 02:54:42 AM »
When is the next set of questions due?  This week?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2018 on: October 28, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »
THE latest!  ;D  Classic!

1) What is the deal with the different "Mail-in redemption forms" ?  In particular,why is there one for Sgt Bric w/ Battle Mat and then the other order form is just for the Battle Mat only, and they both require $6.99 and 5 UPC pop's?  I almost mailed in the one for just the Mat only, glad I caught this before it went in the mail, otherwise I would have felt cheated.  Care to comment?

There shouldn't be two different forms; there is only one mail-in - and that's for the Battle Mat *with* St. Bric.  There is no standalone Battle Mat.  Sorry for the confusion; there was a running change to the form and it looks like some of the older ones got out.  We'll watch out for that in the future.

2) I recently received my SDCC Exclusive Darth Maul/Owen Lars comic pack in the mail, since I was unable to attend the convention. While the figures are actually quite nice, the packaging seems a little... superfluous, no? I mean, the big buzz around the country seems to be "Going Green", yet with this extra packaging, the extended box that this comic pack was packaged in seems to be exactly the opposite. Personally, I opened the box and the plastic for the figures, and display them loose... so all that extra packaging is in my recycling cans now. Have you ever considered the possibility of offering figures in heat sealed polybags instead of all the plastic and cardboard that they are released in now? Even if you sold them online only, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would buy them this way instead of having to recycle (or simply throw in the trash if they don't recycle) the cardboard and plastic from the figures, thus helping to do your part as a corporation to help the planet "Go Green". Not to mention that the hordes of OCD collectors would have to actually buy ANOTHER copy of every figure.

We do agree with you in general, but on occasion we need to try some special formats and we looked at how to make Comic Packs more special for Comic Con and CV.  At Comic Con expecially, the package presentation is important for the figures and they need to stand out against the mainline offerings.  We have found when they have the same format, they just don't appear unique and special.  The good news on a macro level is that the Con exclusives were pretty limited in terms of the production volume, so the aggregate environmental impact was small.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:48:18 AM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2019 on: October 28, 2010, 02:54:33 PM »
Wow we wasted a whole question on tree hugger crap? >:D

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2020 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:35 PM »
will the AT-ST driver that appeared in the Target Exclusive HOTH Battle pack be packaged on a single card??? We need more of these to operate our scout walkers..

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2021 on: October 29, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »
will the AT-ST driver that appeared in the Target Exclusive HOTH Battle pack be packaged on a single card??? We need more of these to operate our scout walkers..

Don't waste a question slot - I already submitted a similar question over at snowtroopers for the round that was due today (I also asked if the scarfed Hoth rebel and the white-hooded snowtrooper from the Hoth BPs will be single-carded).

Offline thoughtbomb

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2022 on: November 21, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
     I am loving the Vintage collection! I can't wait to see what figures you have planned for it's run! I was wondering though, Since were getting Bastila Shan sometime down the road, what's the chance of seeing Darth Revan being re- released on Vintage card (perhaps as a greatest hits)? You could retool him with a soft goods cloak, articulated knees and ankles, and his purple lightsaber as well. I know alot of fans would like to see this. And it would be a great way to get him back out to retail without having to create a whole new mold. So, what do you say?!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2023 on: November 22, 2010, 03:08:39 PM »
The latest!

1)   If Clone Wars is such a smash hit, is there a chance we'll see a better development of new figures next year?  It seems like much of what we are seeing this year is existing sculpts with minor tweaks.  IE Senate Guards, various Clone Troopers. Will Hasbro put more behind completely new figures for not only Clone Wars but Vintage??  In a nutshell, does ratings effect the resources Hasbro puts into a particular brand?

Ratings don't affect what we put into the figures, but sales do; more importantly, our understanding of what audience is actually buying the figures is a key factor in what we do.  Clone Wars is a very successful line for us, and the vast majority of people buying it are kids.   This, combined with the fact that there are fewer collectors engaged in Clone Wars than in Legacy (Vintage), means that we are focusing on major characters for Clone Wars and trimming back on the more obscure characters.  We've found that kids don't value these tertiary characters, so there is a high risk of bottling up the line when they don't sell.  Also, kids don't care about whether their figures are made with existing sculpts or not: they concentrate on the biggest characters. This helps us ensure that we put our focus where it makes the biggest different for collector, and that's Vintage.  Vintage will have many more new figures than Clone Wars in 2011.

2) Why would they re-release the AT-RT without the walking mechanism? Does this really drive up costs that much?

We thought that the figure choices we went with made the best combination of new and refreshed characters.  The droid takes the spot of what might otherwise have been a troop building character, and this was a matter of some debate before we finalized the set. It may not surprise folks that these sets were originally designed to be bigger, and more expensive, but we decided to get them down to the current price point ($39.99) to ensure they had the best chance of selling through.  So we drew these sets from an originally more expansive roster of figures, but decided a great K-3PO was the best option of the figures we had available, given the choices.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:24:15 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #2024 on: November 22, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »
The response to #2 looks like it goes with question #1.  However the response to #1 doesn't seem to make sense to me.  It appears they are chatting about the Hoth Special Value packs which kick butt IMO. 

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2025 on: November 22, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
SORRY about that one guys!  :P :-\

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #2026 on: November 22, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »
Well, the AT-RT that had a walking mechanism was the ROTS version, 5 years ago... the Clone Wars one is a new sculpt and neither paint scheme had a walking mechanism...

Though they appear to have screwed up the question, I actually thought their answer to #2 did offer some insight on the Target Hoth sets.

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #2027 on: November 23, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »
I agree Chewie which makes me wonder what was the real question that drove Hasbro down that path and the answer to the question submitted.  Something seems amiss but c'est la vie. 

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2028 on: November 23, 2010, 10:34:12 PM »
Yeah I think they thought I meant the AT-ST, I was talking about the AT-RT.

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/2010_clonewars/vehicles/atrt_boil/

IF you were putting this out for a KID then WHY wouldn't they have it include the walking mechanism?  THAT is what made it soooo damn cool the first time!  :banghead:

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2029 on: November 24, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »
the draw back with the walking mechanism is that you lose poseability. The nre articulated atrt has poseable feet and legs so you can stand it up without looking like it is in motion (one foot in front of the other)... jmho

Offline thoughtbomb

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2030 on: January 19, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
     Clear figures. They seem to popular with collector's (I personally am still waiting for the day a Sue Storm/invisible woman is made for the Marvel 3.75 line, and one day...maybe as a comic-con exclusive or otherwise, a single carded clear Zartan from GI Joe. That would be so awesome!). Having seen the Savage Oppress "trilogy", I think it's a Star Wars chracters turn for a possible clear "colored" fig. Namely, Asajj Ventress! I suspect we will see her in her assassin's outfit sometime in 2011. What's the possibility we could see a clear variant of her in this outfit as well (along with her blue "jedi" saber)? Or maybe not so much a variant, but single carded for sure!

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #2031 on: February 07, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
Well well well CW is kid focused, no wonder I can see pegs filled everywhere.

As for new characters in the vinatge line, I have not seen many nor bought many as a collector.

No clear figs yet, Hasbro has made blue holographic figs previously.

Dear Hasbro,
What are the chances of making a huge Star Destroyer vehicle playset similar to the scope of the Mil. Falcon? Maybe sell it in halves and be able to combine it to make a whole, an exclusive ..etc..

Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #2032 on: March 22, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »
Just out of curiosity are the Hasbro Q&A's over. I couldnt find anywhere that said they were but they seem to have stopped
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #2033 on: March 23, 2011, 02:40:43 AM »
I think none are sent in cause it seems we get the same answeres over and over so I don't think anyone messes with them anymore.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2034 on: March 23, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »
I think none are sent in cause it seems we get the same answeres over and over so I don't think anyone messes with them anymore.

Yeah but I haven't seen them posted on any starwars site in quite some time

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #2035 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »

Yeah but I haven't seen them posted on any starwars site in quite some time

Thats why I was wondering if it was still going on or if it just ended

Feedback

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2036 on: March 23, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
what's the point?

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #2037 on: March 23, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »
what's the point?

I think historically they take a break after ToyFair because they answer all the questions-
Just getting back into the swing and really didnt handle the QnAs was I was fulltime before.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #2038 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
what's the point?

I think historically they take a break after ToyFair because they answer all the questions-
Just getting back into the swing and really didnt handle the QnAs was I was fulltime before.

The last one was in November though

Feedback

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #2039 on: April 05, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »
when is hondo being formally released on card?? Looks like the 1st release was really short lived. Reminds me of the infamous Ree Yees Death star trooper cases back in the POTF2 collection.