Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 466046 times)

Offline Taco-Bot

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #1860 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »
Now that we have a fantastic Willrow Hood figure, what is the likelihood of Hasbro producing a figure based on the Mon Calamari officer in the attached photo?  As you can see, he is holding a saxophone-like instrument.  Can't win a galactic civil war without some smooth jazz to relax to every once in a while...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:31:54 PM by Taco-Bot »

Offline starwarsfan_57

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1861 on: February 28, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
Cam you remake the sandcrawler but make it bigger?

Can you make you make battle packs with 8 figures?
There is no signature available at the moment. Please check again another time.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #1862 on: February 28, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
Cam you remake the sandcrawler but make it bigger?

Can you make you make battle packs with 8 figures?

Can you make battlepacks with 9 figures?

Can you make battlepacks with 10 figures?

Can you make battlepacks with 11 figures?

Can you make battlepacks with 12 figures and only charge us $19.99?

Can you make figures cheaper so we can buy them for $3 in Target?

Can you make a life size remote control R2-D2?

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline starwarsfan_57

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1863 on: February 28, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
It would be cool if they had something called war packs which came with 30 figures and 2 vehicles for $80.
There is no signature available at the moment. Please check again another time.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #1864 on: February 28, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
Why stop at 30?

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1865 on: February 28, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
I think what Dave is trying to say is try to make it a question worth asking.  Since we seem to get fewer questions, and they don't come back as often, we really need to maximize our opportunity.  Anyone can make a custom figure and ask they make it, let's just stick to something that may get a halfway decent reply?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #1866 on: March 02, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »
Why stop at 30?

:haha:

That might bring many collectors back! 30 figures!! Sheesh they would probably be 15 C3PO's in thrones and 15 Yarnas! Whooo hooo!

I really like Darth Dan's Q... I'll second that one.
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1867 on: March 03, 2010, 03:49:47 AM »
DC's posts  ;D
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #1868 on: March 03, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »
Okay, maybe we can get this back on track for people with actual questions? ::)

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #1869 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
You mean you're not going to ask those?

They whisperin about us

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #1870 on: March 06, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »
We all know you are going back to a OT focus but when it comes to Battle Packs I think they should be targeted at army builders and collectors because every one that is targeted towards kids seem to still be at stores! I suggest Collector oriented ones are fine with the Yavin theme, 1 brand new figure, 1 repaint/kitbash, 1 Mini Rig type vehicle, or just include a third repaint figure. While Army Builder sets have 6 figures that are kitbashed, repacks, and repaints, but of actual figures we want not rejects you're trying to get rid of! This should also cost out when planning the Collector packs. It could possibly contain 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Biker Scouts, 2 Snow Troopers, or any combination lat lets you build them quickly.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1871 on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
THE latest:

1) It's pretty much a fact that the last wave in any series before a cardback change usually proves to be the most difficult to find. Now, for the upcoming last wave of The Legacy Collection before Vintage cardbacks start, you've made it doubly hard to find by making it an exclusive wave. How can you hope that TRU orders enough of this wave to satisfy all those that want to purchase it?

TRU will not have enough quantity to satisfy all those who want to purchase the wave - that's why the Internet retailers will have the balance of the wave.  We actually instructed the factories to build the wave before the holidays, so we were committed to the quantity we forecast.  Softer than expected sales of the Legacy have led us to a situation where we needed to make the wave exclusive to ensure that it got distribution to brick & mortar stores at all.

2) Do you really think this new battle game pack-in is going to help sales of figures? I conducted an informal poll (that I had hoped to present the results of to you at Toy Fair and missed doing that) that showed that 85% of the fans and collectors felt that the BAD program was the best pack-in YET. I'm sure it helped with sales as well, for I know that several people (myself included) bought figures that they didn't really want just to get the droid parts. How is this game going to have the same impact? Do you think fans and collectors are going to by the figures they don't like just to get the game pieces?

The Galactic Battle Game card is being added to the Clone Wars and Saga Legends figures.  This is strictly a kid-targeted pack-in and we would not do it unless we expected that it will increase figure sales to kids. Collectors are not our primary target for those assortments.  We do not expect that adult fans and collectors are going to buy figures to get the game pieces.  In Vintage, which is the successor to Legacy/Droid Factory, there is no pack-in mechanic this year.  The nostalgic vintage-style packaging is the hook (along with the new/updated figures) that we are hoping will engage fans in wanting to collect them all.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:47:02 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1872 on: March 17, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
Soft sales with the Legacey was by butt.The stores in my area barely ordered them. ::)

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #1873 on: March 17, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »
these guys are full of crap.. legacy sales soft... wtf!! blame the case assortments... they sucked - too many repacks. and that fat willrow hood piece of crap... at least they gave him a blaster along with the ice creme maker.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #1874 on: March 17, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
In Vintage, which is the successor to Legacy/Droid Factory, there is no pack-in mechanic this year.  The nostalgic vintage-style packaging is the hook (along with the new/updated figures) that we are hoping will engage fans in wanting to collect them all.

So... they will be cheaper without a pack-in piece to drive up the cost?

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1875 on: March 17, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
Or maybe if there wasn't stacks of worthless Plo Koon and Obi-Wan Kenobi's from Legacy clogged all the damn pegs you could actually sell something NEW.  >:(   I tell you what, some of the answers are incredible sometimes.  :-\

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #1876 on: March 17, 2010, 09:06:14 PM »
Are we sure that the decision makers at hasblo don't keep their offices in Washington D.C.? Just like the politicians the blo boys never listen to the people who are subjected to their lame brain excuses.

Is it ego, is it bullheadedness, is it a holier than thou attitude, is it poop brained polling or just plain we don't give a  :dogshit: what our customers think?

Personally, I think it's all of the above.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1877 on: March 17, 2010, 11:25:18 PM »
Well that just only means that Hasbro WON'T be getting much of my money then this year with that stupid pack in. Let the parents BUY these craptastic pieces of junk for their kids then cause I doubt that it will sell that well anyway. Its the "COLLECTORS" hasbro, that keeps money in your pockets.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #1878 on: March 18, 2010, 12:36:56 AM »
Their answers on most Q&As these days make little sense.  I'm finding it increasingly hard to support anything Hasbro makes anymore because there is such a lack of consistency in their logic.  More than anything, lately their communication to fan sites is annoying the hell out of me.  Hopefully that will change soon.  But right now I'm ready to pull my hair out.

;)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1879 on: March 18, 2010, 07:00:56 AM »
What is ruuining the Legacy line is the Legends(repacks) line.   Most of the stores that I visit have pegs clearly marked for Clone Wars, Legacy & Legends.  The problem is the stockers don't care when they put thinkgs out.  I see boo-koos of the Legends line on every peg and not hardly a Legacy figure to be found, so in turn more Legacy is not ordered, because the pegs appear to be full.  I see this at Wal-Mart, Target and TRU.  Each time I am at the store, I try to move the wrong figures off the Legacy pegs to show they need to be ordered, but the next day, the Legends & Clone Wars figures are back on the Legacy pegs.

Legends was originally about getting hard to find figures back out again...what happened to that idea?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #1880 on: March 18, 2010, 07:46:41 AM »
What is ruuining the Legacy line is the Legends(repacks) line.   Most of the stores that I visit have pegs clearly marked for Clone Wars, Legacy & Legends.  The problem is the stockers don't care when they put thinkgs out.  I see boo-koos of the Legends line on every peg and not hardly a Legacy figure to be found, so in turn more Legacy is not ordered, because the pegs appear to be full.  I see this at Wal-Mart, Target and TRU.  Each time I am at the store, I try to move the wrong figures off the Legacy pegs to show they need to be ordered, but the next day, the Legends & Clone Wars figures are back on the Legacy pegs.

At most of the stores in my area, the pegs are almost always half empty, regardless of what line we're talking about. However, what little we do have on the pegs is months old. I reported the other day that I finally got my first sighting of the ESB wave at retail... how long has that been out? It just appeared here in the NY/NJ area for the first time.

Legends was originally about getting hard to find figures back out again...what happened to that idea?

I don't think that was ever really the plan, was it? From the start, I'm pretty sure that Hasbro said they wanted to use the Legends line to make sure that the kids always had a chance to pick up the core characters, the ones they wanted from the movies. Once again, it's all about the kids. f**k the kids, I want my toys, dammit!

They whisperin about us

Offline Napseeker

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1881 on: March 18, 2010, 09:19:56 AM »
"F**k the kids, I want my toys, dammit!"

LOL, that's the motto of every adult SW collector nowadays  ;D

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1882 on: March 18, 2010, 10:08:27 AM »
You may be right about the Legends line, but when I have 2 different Plo Koons on the pegs (Legacy & Legends) and there are several of each, it's kinda hard to move figures and clear up space.

I still see the wrong figures on the wrong pegs as part of the culprit....and I don't want to hear about automatic ordering crap either.  If they do get the new stuff, it sets in the back because the pegs are too full of old stuff and multiples of the same figures and stuff in the wrong spot

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1883 on: March 18, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »
We need to send in more ?'s but does anyone want to put together a good rebuttal for this question?  This is an issue that could be pushed further.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1884 on: March 18, 2010, 10:28:26 AM »
If it is about the kids, then box up ALL the plo-koons and whatever SW figures that theirs hundreds of and ship them to a far off country that can't GET star wars figures and they really don't know what star wars is then so that is problem solved cause kids got those figures in their hands like hasbro wanted. Thats what Hasbro needs to do then but on my side of the US our Targets are really really empty and have been for awhile.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Phenix

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +7/-0
    • Lot's of pics of me trooping with my fellow 501st members
« Reply #1885 on: March 18, 2010, 10:31:32 AM »
I have a question for the Hasbro peeps and I even started a thred about it a while back.
http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=13432.0

My Question to Hasbro is this,
Well I was going through all my Sandtrooper figures in my collection
and while Hasbro has made the ab section correct on one sandtrooper figure,
ammo pouchs different pauldrens ect...

Why haven't you made a totally accurate Sandtrooper figure?
There are six Sandtroopers in the "Move Along" sequence
all with different backpacks and pauldrens/weapons
Backpack difference's see here http://www.looksirdroids.com/backpacks.html

And by that I mean, where's the Diamond shaped knee plate
and the accurate cheese grate hand plate?
Where's the raised brow trim?
The head sculpt on the lastest Sandtrooper that came out with Dewback is almost there but not quite.
I know to some this is no big deal but being in the 501st Legion
and a full fledged MEPD Sandtrooper, I want a totally accurate costume
so I'd like a totally accurate Sandtrooper figure.

The best one was from the evolutions pack a few yrs back but it
still wasn't accurate. I mean it's really no big deal but I would like to see this made
even if it was to be a part of the vintage original collection.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:34:28 AM by Phenix »

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #1886 on: March 18, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
Dear hasbro we have seen Dookus solar sailer in both Attack of the Clones and in the clone wars cartoon..... are there any plans to make this ship..... Poor main villain dooku has no ship of his own.... How about it Hasbro?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #1887 on: March 18, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »
We need to send in more ?'s but does anyone want to put together a good rebuttal for this question?  This is an issue that could be pushed further.

I would but it would probably get us kicked off the Q&A for good.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1888 on: March 18, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »

I would but it would probably get us kicked off the Q&A for good.

Maybe you should write one and then have the mods do some slight revisions to it  ;)

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #1889 on: March 18, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »
Dave is always articulate when it comes to his passion
Datteybayo!