Snowtrooper Premium Format Figure - Exclusive

Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 463532 times)

Offline Commander Ando

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #1800 on: October 26, 2009, 12:28:04 PM »
I think the gunship will do just fine, especially with it being discounted $20 for the month of Nov. I'm sure the initial pricepoint was done with this sale in mind and TRU will still profit with the deep discount.

Where was this sale price announced?

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1801 on: October 26, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »
this will be coming out in the Sunday Nov 1st ad I believe, or so I have heard some rumors of such

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Commander Ando

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1802 on: October 26, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »
Sweet!

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #1803 on: October 26, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »
Ok I get that prices go up over time but they dont double that quickly. If that is the case and it costs that much more to produce a vehicle then why is the gunship the only vehicle whose price is getting doubed. Their answer just doesnt make any sense
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1804 on: October 26, 2009, 08:04:17 PM »
Why do you move the foot peg holes around from heel on some figures or in the arch (middle) of the foot on others?  Is there a reason why don't you keep them on the heel all of the time?  I have these stands and it seems that the figures with the hole in the middle does not sit all the way down on the stand.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:17:50 PM by Darth Spice »

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1805 on: October 26, 2009, 08:16:08 PM »
Yeah and why don't the clone wars figures fit on the Hasbro stands. I recently bought some stands from HTS and some of the clone wars figures DO NOT fit the stands. So the question about buying stands fixes that problem of them leaning over from the QA session is total B.S. How about making the holes DEEPER on some of those figures. Some of the legacy have the same problem as well plus some tac figures had the same trouble. So how about making ALL figures have the same depth in the holes for the stands no matter what series it comes from.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:40:16 PM by VadersFist »
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1806 on: October 26, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
you have basically said on several sites that the comic packs are not meeting sales expectations. my question is how will this affect the throm and exar kun wave and the walmart exclusive wave? will these still be released this year?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:17:09 PM by Darth Spice »

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #1807 on: October 27, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »
Dear Hasbro, What happened to the other versions of the Ugnaught and Hoth Rebel Trooper from the white card Legacy Collection line? We're they cancelled and maybe will be released sometime later or were they just released in such low quanties that nobody found them?

If this question has already been asked and answered then my apologies.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:19:31 PM by Darth Spice »
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #1808 on: October 28, 2009, 02:44:11 AM »
Dear Hasbro, What happened to the other versions of the Ugnaught and Hoth Rebel Trooper from the white card Legacy Collection line? We're they cancelled and maybe will be released sometime later or were they just released in such low quanties that nobody found them?

If this question has already been asked and answered then my apologies.

I see the other Ugnaught is coming out in a later wave, but where is the other Hoth Trooper? Did they ever come out on the white Stormtrooper cards?
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #1809 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
Question:

Last night I recieved and read Star Wars Legacy: Issue 41. There is some great Mando fodder in that issue! Any chance that will become a comic pack? A green and yellow or a black and gold Hondo Karr and his wife as a two pack? Heck, you could even do Auch's and Mandalore Ordo as repaints off the Hondo Karr! The Hondo Karr figure,with a new head could potentially make 4 characters that wouldnot warm the pegs!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:16:44 PM by Darth Spice »
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1810 on: November 13, 2009, 03:14:16 PM »
Our next set is sent guys, and sorry but the next round isn't coming until Monday due to the holidays kickin in!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1811 on: November 16, 2009, 09:04:59 PM »
Here is the latest!

1) This question is to follow up on an answer you gave on the individual figure card art. Back in late 2007, someone in a QNA had commented on how great the card art was for the Thirtyth Anniversary Collection and wondered if you guys could somehow post that card art to where we could download some of it for wallpapers and such. Your reply stated that sounded like a good idea; maybe a little way down the road. Now, Since recently, after seeing pics of the Expanded Universe wave due out later this year (which again, the card art is great!), it got me to thinking. Would you guys ever consider releasing a book (maybe that could be ordered at Hasbro online) containig the awesome card art done over the years?  I don't know if you have the characters drawn full body or not, but with some fullbody, page spreads of each character done over the years. Also, you could include some unreleased art (like from the Clone Wars series that was moved to the Legacy Collection), and the Unleashed series. I think this would be really cool. What do you think? Could this be a possibility?

Thanks for the comments on the artwork Troopers; the team does knock themselves out to bring out the best in every character no matter whether they are from the movies or from the EU.  As to a book, aside from Insight, our tribute to the photographic work of Gianni Lopergolo, this is not really our realm of expertise.  Perhaps if someone were to work on a book through Lucasfilm this could happen one day.

2) Why do you find it neccessery to repack the following Battle packs and ship them in mass quanities:
Dagobah Training
Jedi Vs Sidious
Sheild Generator assualt(granted this one came out last year but it is still warming the shelves)

Just to name a few.Why do you repack battle packs that didn't do well the first time?I barely have seen the Geonosis assault,the one with the gun turrets as well as a few other folks.It doesn't make sense.

Despite what you may be seeing at your local store, nationally these are some of our best and make sense to re-release. We select our Battle Pack repacks based on what sells the best.  Jedi vs. Sidious is one of the best-selling Battle Packs of all time, and it's not hard to see why: all of the key players of a great scene (well, almost, missing only Anakin) for a good price....perfect for the kids who come into the franchise every year or who otherwise want to play this iconic scene.  Dagobah is also a great seller with Luke, Yoda, Vader (of sorts), and R2-D2...all some of the most popular characters.  More Geonosis are on the way.

3) Why are the eyes of the folding battle droids not painted on the Target Geonosis 2 packs.. was this to show they were powered off?

This was a mistake on our part.  If/when the droids are ever re-released we'll make sure to correct this.  However, there will not be a correction in the Geonosis pack run as all production is already at Target.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:07:34 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1812 on: November 17, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
Jedi Vs Sidious is a best selling Battle Back?That's a bunch of BS.Thanks for getting my question in there guys.As usual Hasbro dances around questions like Tom Delay in Dancing with the Stars.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #1813 on: November 17, 2009, 09:06:01 PM »
Jedi Vs Sidious is a best selling Battle Back?That's a bunch of BS.Thanks for getting my question in there guys.As usual Hasbro dances around questions like Tom Delay in Dancing with the Stars.

I couldn'y have said it better.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #1814 on: November 17, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »
Its probably the best selling because theyve made so many of them. If youve made 10 times as many as any other pack you only need to sell a tenth of what youve made for it to sell the most
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1815 on: November 17, 2009, 10:33:29 PM »
maybe i missed it but y r certain questions crossed out?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1816 on: November 18, 2009, 03:11:16 AM »
maybe i missed it but y r certain questions crossed out?

They've been asked or been submitted.  :)

Offline Darth Corleone

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1817 on: November 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »
I am disgusted by the news that the Bespin Guard variant will not be released. This was one of the few figures of the Legacy Collection that I was anxious to add to my collection. In addition, Hasbro's willingness to provide collectors with such an obscure character gave me faith in the line overall; clearly, that faith was misplaced. How many times are they going to pull this kind of stunt???

Hasbro: In case you're paying attention, here's a rule of thumb; DO NOT SCHEDULE THE RELEASE OF A FIGURE/ITEM UNLESS YOU'RE 100% CERTAIN THE ITEM WILL BE RELEASED. When you show/promise to produce a figure/item only to later cancel the figure/item, it makes you look weak and uncommitted and further alienates the dedicated collectors that still represent the base of the line's support.

Hasbro has an incredibly insulting and shortsighted habit of treating their most loyal customers - the old school collectors - the worst. It reminds me of the airline industry charging its business travelers more than their occassional, for-pleasure travelers. And comparisons with the airline industry are not a sign that your priorities are in order or that your corporate policies are consumer-friendly.

Perhaps if Hasbro hadn't sunk millions into the already-failing G.I. Joe ROC line, they wouldn't need to cut back on their lines that are actually successful.

Then again, even though we won't be getting the Bespin Guard variant (or the oft-promised Hoth Soldier variant), I'm sure Hasbro will manage to give us plenty of Plo Koons, Ewok Throne C-3POs, Saesee Tiins, etc., etc. Just what we all need.     

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #1818 on: December 06, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »
Hasbro,
After seeing pictures of President Obama using one of your lightsabers on the White House lawn, it gave me a funny idea: President Obama as Jedi exclusive action figure! Would such a figure even be possible? I'm sure you would have to ask the President of course!
By the way, here's a cool action shot that I found of Jedi Obama: http://www.dariosalvelli.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/obama-star-wars.jpg

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #1819 on: December 06, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »
how about make that ferocious female rancor standing behind him!!! Now that would be scary!

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #1820 on: December 06, 2009, 08:46:57 PM »
Hasbro,
After seeing pictures of President Obama using one of your lightsabers on the White House lawn, it gave me a funny idea: President Obama as Jedi exclusive action figure! Would such a figure even be possible? I'm sure you would have to ask the President of course!
By the way, here's a cool action shot that I found of Jedi Obama: http://www.dariosalvelli.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/obama-star-wars.jpg

EPIC FAIL!
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #1821 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:42 PM »
how about make that ferocious female rancor standing behind him!!! Now that would be scary!

YOU MEAN NANCY PEOLOSI!!!  :P
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #1822 on: December 06, 2009, 11:35:45 PM »
I did not nancy was able to survive in the day light...

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #1823 on: December 07, 2009, 02:19:28 AM »
Hasbro,

EPIC FAIL!

Agreed. He has his face on enough stuff already.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #1824 on: December 07, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Hasbro,

EPIC FAIL!

uH OH MAYBE THERE WILL BE ANEW TAX ON LIGHTSABERS NOW..... :P

Agreed. He has his face on enough stuff already.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #1825 on: December 07, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »
To desecrate StarWars in such a fashion would be unconscionable.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #1826 on: December 08, 2009, 07:51:42 AM »
Well, that generated some discussion in this thread anyway! :) Anyway, here's another question:

Hasbro,
As I've been looking over my Jabba's palace figures and noticing all the improvements that have been made in the new ones (sculpt, articulation, paint) as compared to POTF2 era figures, it's hard not to notice that the original Jabba's band members could really use an update. Compared to modern figures, the paint and articulation on figures like Droopy McCool and Barquin D'an now looks pretty sad. True, all they do is play instruments and they were not involved in any action scenes, but neither were many other characters who have been given the modern action figure treatment. The band members were also some of the most visible characters in Jabba's court. With characters like Yarna, Malakili, Giran and even the drummers Umpass-Stay and Ak-Rev all benefiting from modern sculpts, can you please consider updating the Rebo Band?

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #1827 on: December 10, 2009, 07:10:39 PM »
i have a couple q's...

1. dear hasbro,

i saw this at rebelscum today...

"Rebelscum: It seems the fate of the comic pack line is ambiguous. There has been little indication as to when we might see the next new wave of comic packs which should have hit the stores by now. It is understood there have been distrubution problems, but I was curious to know if and the comic packs showed at Comic-Con and the Wal-mart exclusive wave or still on tap. What is the status of the current unreleased comic packs?

Hasbro: Comic Packs have really fallen off and we have not been able to get to any new releases past the first wave. At this point, we are working to get the last five Fall packs out (including Tholme/T'raa Saa, the Clones from Routine Valor, and the Black Hole Trooper). They will be out in about March. The Spring packs at this point will not make it out to retail. The Wal-Mart Comic Packs have been pushed out at this point and it's not certain if/when they will make it out. We will be looking at any packs that don't get released to try and bring them out (removed in) somehow, but probably not as Comic Packs."

does tha mean the slated rohlan dyre/jareal, delilah blue and other comic 2 packs shown in the sneak peek at sdcc 09 are getting axed? honestly, those were some figures i was looking for more than any others. if these comic packs get chopped, any chance the figures will hit a make up wave for 2010 and be individually packed?

2. dear hasbro,

the arf trooper from the tcw line is great but, i know i and others have been wanting to see the digi-cam arf's from the tcw movie. any chance we'll see them soon? along the sam line, in the most recent tcw story arc, the clones liberated geonosis... again. seen in the show were arf's in the digicam bearing the markings of commander cody's 212th attach battalion. any chance we will see those? both are easy repaints off the existing figure.

3. dear hasbro,

please tell me that we can expect vizla and the grunt mandalorian deathwatch soldier in the 2010 tcw assortment?!
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1828 on: December 10, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »
Here is the latest fellas:

1) Why do you move the foot peg holes around from heel on some figures or in the arch (middle) of the foot on others?  Is there a reason why don't you keep them on the heel all of the time?  I have these stands and it seems that the figures with the hole in the middle does not sit all the way down on the stand.

When a figure has ankle articulation, it may not be possible to locate the footpeg on the heel.  Some figures do have more shallow footpegs, and we need to do a better job making sure they are a depth that works with the figure stands, especially when we go to re-release those figures.

2) You have basically said on several sites that the comic packs are not meeting sales expectations. my question is how will this affect the throm and exar kun wave and the walmart exclusive wave? will these still be released this year?

Right now the last wave of five packs (including the Exar Kun/Ulic Quel Droma pack) is pushed out to Spring 2010, and we don't expect that it will be out until March at this point. The Spring 2010 packs (including the ones shown at Comic Con) are cancelled, while the Wal-Mart exclusives have been delayed; they are likely to make it out but we don't know when.

3) Last night I recieved and read Star Wars Legacy: Issue 41. There is some great Mando fodder in that issue! Any chance that will become a comic pack? A green and yellow or a black and gold Hondo Karr and his wife as a two pack? Heck, you could even do Auch's and Mandalore Ordo as repaints off the Hondo Karr! The Hondo Karr figure,with a new head could potentially make 4 characters that wouldnot warm the pegs!

The Comic Packs are cancelled, although we don't rule out doing an occasional one or two as exclusives periodcially.  Hondo is an excellent figure, but as far as the EU goes, we are going to be very selective about which characters we do and there are a good number that are behind, currently.  We hope one day to be able to expand out EU focus again and the comics, especially Legacy, are an exciting area from which to draw.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:45:17 PM by Darth Spice »

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #1829 on: December 11, 2009, 12:08:49 AM »
schnanigans!

i personally love the comic 2 packs i hate to see them go. i really want to know the fate of the 2010 2 packs they previewed at sdcc 09, those looked great
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata