Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 466409 times)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #1260 on: June 21, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
What are the chances of seeing some more AOTC padmes made? (I'd love to see senator amidala in her senatorial robes with her hair back in that sort of cone shaped hairdo from palpatines office, and padme in the yellowish outfit from the naboo meadow scene.  Any hope for these?
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1261 on: June 21, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »
The upcoming comic 2-packs presented at toyfair look amazing. My question is are we going to see some action figures for the stories that took place a thousand years ago, such as current series Knights of the Old Republic(Zayne Carrick, Lucien Draay, and Jarael) and former series Tales of the Jedi(Exar Kun, Ulic-Qel Droma, and Nomi Sunrider), soon? Also, in the upcoming Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon 2-pack does Cade come with a lightsaber or just his "shotgun"?

Offline westampton jedi

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • "GADZOOKS"
« Reply #1262 on: June 24, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »
Now that we have a mold for a C 3po (throne) that people like and the ability for a r2 that can be used( retractable leg) How about a two pack of our favorite duo from EP 4? Dirty with jawa restaints and an escape pod?
"What the world needs now is some new words of wisdom like la la la la la la la.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1263 on: June 24, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »
Wedge Antilles is one of the top secondary characters of the OT having survived all 3 movies. How come he has never appeared in the regular carded line? He is definitely one who would be a good candidate for an updated X-Wing body. Or since I dont believe he has been made as a Snowspeeder pilot, how about on the new Snowspeeder body that Wes Janson uses? Also keep the removable helmets on the X-Wing pilots but get rid of the hooded heads.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:20:16 PM by jacensolo66 »

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #1264 on: June 24, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »
Also keep the removable helmets on the X-Wing pilots but get rid of the hooded heads.

Here here >:D
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1265 on: June 26, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »
With another exclusive Gunship coming to Wal-Mart soon, are we ever going to see the gunner turrets that the gunners sit in, so we can finally add on to all of these gunships we have?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:36:30 AM by Lt. Starfox »

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
  • Slayer Design Studios Staff
    • Meandnooneelse Custom Action Figures
« Reply #1266 on: June 26, 2008, 09:56:42 AM »
The VOTC Han Solo seems to be the basis for most all Han figures since. Unfortunately they look anorexicly thin, especially at the right hip. The new Legacy Collection Sand Storm Han appears to also be based on the VOTC body, but the right hip looks like it's been filled out. He doesn't look as disproportionate as the TAC Torture Rack Han. Can you confirm whether or not this is true?
My opinion is just that, MY opinion. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Proud member of the CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies... that only hands would satisfy.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1267 on: June 26, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
With another exclusive Gunship coming to Wal-Mart soon, are we ever going to see the gunner turrets that the gunners sit in, so we can finally add on to all of these gunships we have?
hey fox this was asked a month ago on another site. here is the full question and hasbros answer.

Q. The Republic Gunship has seen a number releases since it was introduced back in 2002.  It's seen releases in support of Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith along with 2 Clone Wars related releases.  One of the first things fans saw leading up to the new Clone Wars movie and television series was once again, the Republic Gunship.  Can we expect another Gunship release in support of the new TV series and movie?  And could it potentially feature new deco like the nose-art seen in the first clips shown at Celebration 4?  Additionally, could we also see any mods to the existing mold, like fully closing doors (as seen in the footage) or the ball turrets?

A. Yes, you will see a re-release.  However, it will be deco only, and will not come with fully closing doors or ball turrets.  We are looking at ball turrets for a future Battle Pack, however, but we have no details on when that will be slotted in.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1268 on: June 26, 2008, 04:11:11 PM »
thanks for that info John, i guess we can scratch that question

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #1269 on: June 26, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »
The VOTC Han Solo seems to be the basis for most all Han figures since. Unfortunately they look anorexicly thin, especially at the right hip. The new Legacy Collection Sand Storm Han appears to also be based on the VOTC body, but the right hip looks like it's been filled out. He doesn't look as disproportionate as the TAC Torture Rack Han. Can you confirm whether or not this is true?

hasbro answered this question a xouple weeks back as well. basically, they feel the figure looks great and represents in scale harrison fords portrayal of han solo in the movies.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #1270 on: June 27, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »

hasbro answered this question a xouple weeks back as well. basically, they feel the figure looks great and represents in scale harrison fords portrayal of han solo in the movies.

(Sigh) That's why I build customs...

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1271 on: June 27, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »
Amen brother, we need one or 2 of these gunship turrets to fit on it. It just would be nice if they would just go ahead and make it asap.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:11:40 PM by VadersFist »
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1272 on: June 27, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
Amen brother, we need one or 2 of these gunship turrets to fit on it. I just would be nice if they would just go ahead and make it asap.

it's not like they have not had time, heck, we've had gunships since what, 2002 ?  6 years is plenty of time to make the proper accessories to go with a ship they have re-released 4 different times

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #1273 on: June 27, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »
Amen brother, we need one or 2 of these gunship turrets to fit on it. I just would be nice if they would just go ahead and make it asap.

it's not like they have not had time, heck, we've had gunships since what, 2002 ?  6 years is plenty of time to make the proper accessories to go with a ship they have re-released 4 different times

Word. The little turrets that were packins with the clones were okay in '02, but aren't cutting it anymore.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1274 on: June 27, 2008, 07:13:11 PM »
Yeah and the little ones that are on the wings are OK, but it would be ALOT cooler IF you could put a trooper in those PLUS, have 2 extra turrets that fit in as well with troopers.

My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1275 on: July 11, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »
THE latest for Sandtroopers.com:

1: With the up and coming Clones wars animations coming out, would you consider making a clone factory? Would you consider having small containerized "manufactured" clones as a mail away item?

We don't have any plans to make a Clone factory at this time.  The Clone Wars doesn't concentrate on the manufacturing of the clones, but rather is more battle-focused.  The only reference we have is to the cloning facilities on Kamino, and we don't think that would make the most compelling playset.  Likewise, no plans for mail-in Clones beyond the Captain Rex mail-in, at least for now.

2: Read about the confirmation and have seen the pics and the new Millenium Falcon looks amazing. My question is in many of the prior q&a's you have stated that high-end items dont sell as well as the cheaper stuff, so why decide to release two high-end items(Millenium Falcon and AT-TE) on the same day? Dont you think this will hurt their sales?

We think the time is right for both of these items, and are convinced that they will find separate markets.  The Millennium Falcon has been designed to appeal to fans of all ages, especially older fans, while the AT-TE is set to delight the kids who will experience Star Wars for the first time with the Clone Wars.  We think that both of these superb vehicles will find their way into most fans' collections somehow, even if that means one or the other purchase needs to be deferred.  They should both be available over the course of the Fall, in any case.

3: Pictures on the box for the new Millennium Falcon show a Luke figure with the blast shield helmet interacting with the training remote.  Does this mean that you plan to re-release and/or retool this figure so it will be available for kids and collectors alike to recreate the scene?  I have found that there are several occasions where you folks depict a character or a certain figure on vehicle packaging, but they are nowhere to be found at the time of the vehicle's release (case in point, there are no Clone Pilots at retail for the V-Wing).  Why does this continue to happen, and don't you think it's a bad idea to show kids figures that they can't find on the pegs at the same time as the vehicle?  Not everyone will understand that a figure is ten years old and not available when they see it on a brand new package.
While some kids do want the specific figure to go with a vehicle, a lot of kids generalize, for instance using main characters or clones in their vehicles.  The Millennium Falcon though is a pretty big one so in the Battle Pack assortment this Fall there will be a "Millennium Falcon Passengers" pack with Luke, Obi-Wan, C-3PO and R2-D2.  The figures will not be new, but repacks, so this should help those kids out there recreate the iconic scenes.   As for the clone pilots, we did have them available in the Clone Trooper Evolution pack, and more pilots will be added into the Clone Wars figure line as time goes on.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #1276 on: July 11, 2008, 08:12:53 PM »
THE latest for Sandtroopers.com:

1: With the up and coming Clones wars animations coming out, would you consider making a clone factory? Would you consider having small containerized "manufactured" clones as a mail away item?

We don't have any plans to make a Clone factory at this time.  The Clone Wars doesn't concentrate on the manufacturing of the clones, but rather is more battle-focused.  The only reference we have is to the cloning facilities on Kamino, and we don't think that would make the most compelling playset.  Likewise, no plans for mail-in Clones beyond the Captain Rex mail-in, at least for now.

Seems to me the next question should be: What playset does Hasbro think would be the most compelling?
Don't ask them if another playset will ever be made. Ask them the question that directly relates to thier answer.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #1277 on: July 11, 2008, 10:08:14 PM »
Oh Hasbro Hasbro Hasbro....

I figured (no pun intended) you would repack the Luke.  The Clone Pilot, as I said, IS NOT AVAILABLE AS A SINGLE FIGURE.  Some of us cannot spend $20 or more to get one figure we are after, and the Evolutions set in question was NOT available in my area when the V-Wing came out!  Even if it was, I would not have bought it for the single figure.

I also hope that the pilots you spoke of in your reply are NOT going to be animated-style.

Sheesh.   ::)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1278 on: July 11, 2008, 10:12:11 PM »
hmmm, repacks of figures from 1997...how about a retool of this classic Luke, I don't need a BUFF luke running around my Falcon, he might not be so whiny any more  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:12:53 PM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1279 on: July 12, 2008, 09:19:49 AM »
where does it say the "millenium falcons passengers" is going to be from 1997? also they should add bespin han and leia so u can do the esb as well.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1280 on: July 12, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »
where does it say the "millenium falcons passengers" is going to be from 1997? also they should add bespin han and leia so u can do the esb as well.

there will be a "Millennium Falcon Passengers" pack with Luke, Obi-Wan, C-3PO and R2-D2.  The figures will not be new, but repacks

Maybe they are using a different Luke and giving him the blastshield from the 97 version

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1281 on: July 12, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
maybe it will have moisture vaparator luke in it.  :P

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #1282 on: July 12, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »
Maybe I should ask if I am going to get such a badass $149 ship, why can't I get a kickass $12 articulated figure to go with it?
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #1283 on: July 18, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
Pictures of the last 2 waves of the legacy collection have already surfaced. My question is are these the final figures or just mockups for the picture because Jodo Kast seems to be a repaint of the horrible Saga2 quick draw Boba Fett. With two amazing sculpts of Boba Fett why would you choose such a let down of a figure to be repainted in the colour of a character (jodo) that many fans have wanted? Also the pictures are hard to make out but will the build a droids (not the astromech ones) be SA or simply POTF style articulation with better paint apps?

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #1284 on: July 24, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
I have 2 questions:

1) In every Hasbro Q&A I have seen, every site complains about wanting more playsets, more playsets, MORE PLAYSETS!! Now the Sarlacc Pit and the Lars Homestead playsets are coming out and most people are underwhelmed by these offerings. To be honest, they're rather lame and have very high price tags. What kind of marketing research was done for these playsets? I really don't see the Lars Homestead set as being a good seller at all. Shouldn't playsets be based on scenes of major action in the movies therefore making it an exciting piece that children as well as collectors would want to buy? The Lars Homestead is not. Our fear is that these are test items. So my question comes down to this - If the Sarlacc Pit and Lars Homestead playsets don't sell well, will we see a further turning away from Hasbro manufacturing playsets?

2) I appreciate that the sculpting and articulation in the modern figures is improving so dramatically, however swivel elbows are still a problem. My son purely hates them because they pop apart so easily whenever you attempt to pose the figure during play, especially with a lightsaber weilding figure. On the forums I hear constant complaints about the swivel elbows. Has Hasbro not realized that this is a problem?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:37:16 AM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1285 on: July 24, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
What is the deal with the center legs of the AT-TE continually falling off?  Is there a step we are missing?

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #1286 on: July 24, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »
What is the deal with the center legs of the AT-TE continually falling off?  Is there a step we are missing?

please ask this

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1287 on: July 25, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »
Yes please, before I get disappointed that I just spent 100 bucks for nothing.

please ask this
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #1288 on: July 25, 2008, 07:30:53 AM »
I'd still spend the 100 bucks, it's just with the legs issue, not twice.

Offline meandnooneelse

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #1289 on: July 25, 2008, 09:23:13 AM »
I have 2 questions:

1) In every Hasbro Q&A I have seen, every site complains about wanting more playsets, more playsets, MORE PLAYSETS!! Now the Sarlacc Pit and the Lars Homestead playsets are coming out and most people are underwhelmed by these offerings. To be honest, they're rather lame and have very high price tags. What kind of marketing research was done for these playsets? I really don't see the Lars Homestead set as being a good seller at all. Shouldn't playsets be based on scenes of major action in the movies therefore making it an exciting piece that children as well as collectors would want to buy? The Lars Homestead is not. Our fear is that these are test items. So my question comes down to this - If the Sarlacc Pit and Lars Homestead playsets don't sell well, will we see a further turning away from Hasbro manufacturing playsets?

2) I appreciate that the sculpting and articulation in the modern figures is improving so dramatically, however swivel elbows are still a problem. My son purely hates them because they pop apart so easily whenever you attempt to pose the figure during play, especially with a lightsaber weilding figure. On the forums I hear constant complaints about the swivel elbows. Has Hasbro not realized that this is a problem?

Both of these lead me to another question. Does Hasbro even have a product testing department? Too many things are making it to production that really should not.