Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 643438 times)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #1230 on: May 06, 2008, 09:00:11 AM »
Dear Hasbro, why is the hair on the upcoming Clone Wars Commander Rex figure white? He is a clone of Jango Fett, correct? If he isn't a clone, is there an explanation coming?

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #1231 on: May 06, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
Dear Hasbro, why is the hair on the upcoming Clone Wars Commander Rex figure white? He is a clone of Jango Fett, correct? If he isn't a clone, is there an explanation coming?

Rapid ageing maybe? I know the clones age at a rate of 2-2.5 years to every one. However, it was said in some books that enviromental stresses such as combat and injury caused some to age even faster while those with less stressfull activity agaed slightly lower. Perhaps Rex has just been in the $hit to much.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #1232 on: May 06, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
Perhaps he uses anti-grecian forumula for clones because he just likes the look?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1233 on: May 09, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
THE latest:

1) There are a couple of versions and characters of the Force Unleashed characters we don't have: PROXY, Shaak Ti, Juno Eclipse as a rebel and a few Stormtrooper variants. Can you confirm how many figures from TFU we are getting in 2008-09? Other than the ones we know about, of course.

There are no more TFU figures in 2008 beyond those that have been announced/shown already.  The final ones will be the previously-announced but still unreleased basic-carded Stormtrooper Commander (retail partner and sell-in strategy still TBD) and the Wal-Mart exclusive 3-packs featuring some unique trooper deco.  For 2009, we are loking at one additional figure and that is it for our plans for now for TFU.  As we see and play the game ourselves, we are sure more ideas and favorites will spring forth, but those will have to come further down the road.

2) Originally we were told that TAC '08 would begin shipping in March. But in early January, we started seeing these hit the shelves. Your explanation was that they were ready early so you shipped them early (and I'm sure most of us didn't mind that). Now my question is this: if the Clone Wars toys are ready early, will you ship them prior to the July 26th date? And if not, do you have anything coming out between then and now to hold us over? That's still almost 3 months away, and it's been at least a month since we've gotten anything new!

We will not be shipping anything in the new blue/white line look early,including Clone Wars or The Legacy Collection.  All products will be held for the 7/26 launch date.  Given the excitement of the Clone Wars launch, the debut of the Droid factory basic figures, and the amazing new Millenium Falcon and AT-TE among other segments, this is shaping up to be one of the most exciting launches in Star Wars history.

3) The Basic Figures this year look great! But there is a lack of Original Trilogy in it, other than Legacy Wave 1, an ANH Wave, the Hoth BP and some Droid Factory figures. Is this due to some shifting that we have heard about?

Yes, the perceived lack of Episodes IV-VI is not by choice, but a matter of schedules sliding around and shifting the EpV wave out into 2009.  Otherwise we would have had one wave from each of the three this year. However, we think OTC fans will be happy with some of the other things we have coming, including the Evolution packs, the new Millenium Falcon, and the exclusives line-up.  Stay tuned for more details around Comic Con on the rest of the lineup through the end of the year.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 04:10:46 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #1234 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »
guess we are not getting anything new until July 26th, I can stop making toy runs now and save some gas

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline S4NDTR00P3R

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1235 on: May 09, 2008, 09:16:04 PM »
lol Thanks for sending in my question, I didn't even recognize it for a minute!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1236 on: May 09, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »
Now IF we can get that pesky legends wave with the 4 clones and zev in our hands, then we all should be pretty happy till july.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #1237 on: May 09, 2008, 11:26:47 PM »
I for one will NOT be buying any of the "animated" style figures, so I hope that Hasbro considers having "live action" drivers, pilots, and troops for things like the AT-TE, the V-19, and the V-Wing.

Oh well, looks like I might save a few pennies this year.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1238 on: May 10, 2008, 03:28:47 AM »
You don't have the V-wing?I too am passing on the animated figures.The vehicles are a different story.

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #1239 on: May 10, 2008, 06:16:46 AM »
Oh, yes, I do have the V-Wing.  I was just stating that it would be nice to have a pilot for it at retail.  That's one of the most frustrating things about this entire line.  Some cool vehicles make their way out, and no damned pilots or drivers for them are available at the same time.  There is a Clone Pilot pictured right on the V-Wing's box, but there hasn't been one on the pegs for far too long.  That's part of what I was trying to get at.  Not very smart in the forward thinking department for HasBLO.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1240 on: May 10, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »
lol Thanks for sending in my question, I didn't even recognize it for a minute!

Actually S4NDTR00P3R it just sorta worked out lucky like that. Last week they needed clarification on one of our other questions, therefore we were able to select a new one from the "stockpile" and seeing as this was time sensitive and such a good question we were glad the Q n A team was willing to let us swap your question for another. It may have been some quick wit on my part but we understand how time sensitive the QnA process can be. We didn't want to risk NOT having a question so it was a much better choice than waiting for possibly days to get the other question clarified! LUCKY US!!  8) :)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #1241 on: May 10, 2008, 10:49:59 AM »
guess we are not getting anything new until July 26th, I can stop making toy runs now and save some gas

what about the FU battle rancor?
Datteybayo!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #1242 on: May 10, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »
hasbro just said on another sites Q an A that it should be in stores any day.  I'll believe that when it starts showing up in Targets computers! >:D
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline obidad

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1243 on: May 11, 2008, 01:08:38 PM »
I for one will NOT be buying any of the "animated" style figures, so I hope that Hasbro considers having "live action" drivers, pilots, and troops for things like the AT-TE, the V-19, and the V-Wing.

Oh well, looks like I might save a few pennies this year.

I'm actually thankful to save some money this year, with the falcon coming out.  I'm also done with anything clones related, so the non-animated clones and their vehicles will save me more.  Now, if I just had the strength to cut out the PT all together.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:10:24 PM by obidad »

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #1244 on: May 13, 2008, 02:15:13 AM »
Indeed!  I've had it with the whole schmere, except the AT-TE, Millennium Falcon, and any OT figures I deem worthwhile.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1245 on: May 24, 2008, 08:10:59 AM »
THE latest:

1. Are there any plans to bring back cinema scenes? The ones with newly-sculpted figures and accessories and/or diorama pieces?

Not as a separate assortment as such.  Instead the "spiritual" ancestor of Cinema Scenes is seen in both the Evolutions line, as well as some new approaches we will be taking to some of our Battle Packs this Fall regarding some new accessories. Stay tuned!

2. Now that the Clone Wars TV show is set to bring back the media focus seen previously in movie-years, wouldn't now be a good time to bring back the Deluxe line / $10.00 price point? Throw in some OT goodness like Admiral Ackbar and his command chair to make the OT fans happy  and mix the assortment with Clone Wars deluxe items.

There won't be a deluxe price point for Clone Wars for this year.  We are looking at the deluxe price point again, but it probably won't be at the $10 price due to various factors; if we did bring it out again it would not be before Fall '09.  We *are* doing some of the things that would have been in Deluxe in our Battle Packs (speeder bikes, STAPs, etc) so we think that this approach should satisfy fans who want the smaller craft and things that are too big for basic figures but not quite vehicles.

3. Last year's Tantive IV battlepack premiered new head sculpts for the Rebel Fleet Troopers. Can we expect to see this continue with other battle packs where there are more retools in the army-builder packs to give our troops more variety?

We definitely plan to work in some new Rebel trooper head sculpts now and then when we can, depending on tooling, time, and the definition of each set (i.e. whether it has a specific movie character or is generic).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 08:31:48 AM by Darth Spice »

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #1246 on: May 27, 2008, 06:11:35 PM »
For a lot of product you do this, but would Hasbro utilize companies like EE to sell those new obscure figs some collectors want, individually or as a set without the the fear cloggin the pegs with them?

Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #1247 on: May 28, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
First of all, I would just like to say that I really liked the vintage line and I hope that you will be bringing it back soon. Now for the question. Over the past couple Q&A's there have been questions from various sites about new figures from the Ewoks and Droids TV series. I agree that I would like to see some of these, but I understand that they probably wouldn't appeal to everyone. Since you said that they wouldn't be in a basic figure line, could these possibly work better in a Vintage line? I may be wrong here, but I'm guessing that the appeal of the vintage line is mostly to older collectors who remember buying figures back in the '70's and '80's, but not so much to kids because of the higher pricepoint and not having the nostalgia factor for them. Vintage could also be a good place to release a few figures from some of the other TV shows like the Ewok movies and maybe some cantina aliens from the Holiday Special. All of these would be figures that would appeal almost exclusively to adult collectors, so what better place to put them than in an EU branch of the Vintage line! But if you don't think this could work, could you please give us a hint as to where these kinds of figures could possibly appear someday? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:58:35 AM by philippi »

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #1248 on: May 28, 2008, 02:14:20 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
First of all, I would just like to say that I really liked the vintage line and I hope that you will be bringing it back soon. Now for the question. Over the past couple Q&A's there have been questions from various sites about new figures from the Ewoks and Droids TV series. I agree that I would like to see some of these, but I understand that they probably wouldn't appeal to everyone. Since you said that they wouldn't be in a basic figure line, could these possibly work better in a Vintage line? I may be wrong here, but I'm guessing that the appeal of the vintage line is mostly to older collectors who remember buying figures back in the '70's and '80's, but not so much to kids because of the higher pricepoint and not having the nostalgia factor for them. Vintage could also be a good place to release a few figures from some of the other TV shows like the Ewok movies and maybe some cantina aliens from the Holiday Special. All of these would be figures that would appeal almost exclusively to adult collectors, so what better place to put them than in an EU branch of the Vintage line! But if you don't think this could work, could you please give us a hint as to where these kinds of figures could possibly appear someday? Thanks!

good question
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jaztermareal

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1249 on: June 01, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »
hi hasbro!
i was extremely pleased with your 2004 votc 12 inch boba fett. it is the finest hasbro star wars figure i ever owned (better than even the ultimate jango fett) great sculpting!
i know you havent done star wars 12 inch since 2005 but with the clone wars coming up would you consider returning to 12 inch? if so, would you consider repainting boba to match the prototype suit, or adding a new left gauntlet and repainting him to match return of the jedi? this is a fine sculpt and i would be happy with just repaints, or you could give him a jango head sculpt and removable helmet. in fact, all the tooling would be available, just kitbash jango head, helmet and left gauntlet onto boba figure, repaint and etvoila rotj boba.
would you consider????
(if you feel really adventurous, mcquarrie boba?)
jaztermareal

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1250 on: June 06, 2008, 03:10:54 PM »
THE latest:

1: Prior to RotS, I remember a time when I and many collectors groaned when Hasbro would find a new way to release yet another Tatooine Luke in its basic wave year after year. Obviously Tatooine Luke is a core character that should be trotted out for the sake of kids and new collectors, but for older collectors we had already bought him ten times over and were sick of him. After RotS, it seems as if Darth Vader is the new "Tatooine Luke" as he has been issued over and over again in so many forms short of the eventual Funeral Pyre Vader.  Yes, it's true - kids love Vader, he's also a core character that needs to be trotted out no matter how often we collectors groan and whine. But still, even kids will eventually have all the Vaders they could want too.

Now that brings me to 2007, when despite swearing I'd never buy another Tatooine Luke again, I bought three of him because Hasbro gave us the best pack-in that any collector would have to be a fool to turn down (moisture vaporators!!!). Is that the same direction that Darth Vader is headed in then? I'm running low when I try to come up with any other way that Hasbro could issue another Vader in the years to come given that we've got hologram. battle-damaged, silver, and even a White Vader now. I have 12 SA Vaders already and I'd have to think that unless he came with a pack-in Death Star playset the next time, it's getting very hard for Hasbro to sell me just one more.

That is true, it is becoming harder to upgrade/innovate on a Vader beyond what we think is the greatest Vader yet - the upcoming version removable helmet.  Vader is still, by a good margin, the most popular Star Wars character and future generations of kids who will enter the franchise through Clone Wars or other avenues will still want to be able to get Vader as well.  So we'll need to keep looking for those interesting hooks or accessories to make him new and interesting; barring that, then the greatest hits or Saga Legends route is even more important to keep him in ample rotation without "forcing" long-time collectors to get a figure they already have.

2:  Poor Han Solo seems to be suffering from "skinny leg" syndrome lately... when I looked at the VTSC Endor Han, Torture Rack Han, and the latest deleted scene Han, I couldn't help but shudder that his legs seem too tiny to support his upper body. Any chance Hasbro can address this in the future?  The deleted scene Han looks as if he's more suited to be a ballet dancer than smuggler and rebel operative.

You might want to check the aspect ratio on your TV to see if you don't have a compressed picture.  Seriously, we are pretty confident the latest sculpts match the reference.  We do review all aesthetics with Lucasfilm and the current sculpts have been the approved direction.  We'll take another look next time we update Han though and see if the legs are thinner than they ought to be.

3: Given that Hasbro has done a number of figures based on the game Star Wars Battlefront 2, is there a likelihood that we'll see the sergeant (green) eps2 jettrooper from SW Battlefront 1?  This should be a dead easy figure for Hasbro to make by gluing a Fett jetpack onto the back of a SA eps2 clonetrooper (please don't use the Deluxe RotS jetpack trooper mold given it has more limited articulation and has always seemed to be a flimsy figure).

That's an interesting suggestion.  We hadn't looked back that far for BFI, but given how cool that jettrooper is, he would make for a good release someday.  Thanks for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:45:46 PM by Darth Spice »

Offline jaztermareal

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1251 on: June 06, 2008, 07:35:27 PM »
dem got to be three of the best questions asked this week! i too am tired skinny leg solo's and kenobis.
the green jet trooper has been at the top of my wish list for ages. hope they make it.
lets hope the next vader is good. recently ive only been buying the eu vaders. i have far too many movie vaders.

lets hope next weeks q&a is a good as this

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1252 on: June 07, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
Any chance of seeing a clean version of the X-Wing in the $20 vehicles line any time soon? This is one of the most iconic vehicles of the OT and all we have seen of it the last couple of years is the ToysRUs exclusive Dagobah version which is dirty. With several X-Wing pilots coming out I for one would like more X-Wings for them to fly.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1253 on: June 07, 2008, 09:02:46 PM »
Hasbro's Q&A's are every other week if I am not mistaken. So basically it's 2 a month jaztermareal.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jaztermareal

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1254 on: June 08, 2008, 04:02:24 AM »
Hasbro's Q&A's are every other week if I am not mistaken. So basically it's 2 a month jaztermareal.

time flies when you are enjoying yourself.......

doesnt really make a difference. hope next weeks (x2) q&a is this good.

Offline clonewarskid

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #1255 on: June 08, 2008, 03:25:37 PM »
Dear Hasbro-
if you do make the BF jet trooper, how about including all of the other troopers?(and  not just repacks pleaz)
commando saberdude ready to Roll!
squad-roll out-over.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #1256 on: June 08, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »
Very so true my friend. I know sometimes It seems that it's like,wow their here already.

time flies when you are enjoying yourself.......

doesnt really make a difference. hope next weeks (x2) q&a is this good.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #1257 on: June 20, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »
shouldn't we be gettin some answers today??

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #1258 on: June 20, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
Yeah man the latest came a little late! But better than NEVER:

1) Dear Hasbro, why is the hair on the upcoming Clone Wars Commander Rex figure white? He is a clone of Jango Fett, correct? If he isn't a clone, is there an explanation coming?

There is an explanation coming, but it won't be from us.  Instead, look for an upcoming web-doc from Lucasfilm (with Supervising Director Dave Feloni) explaining the approach that Lucasfilm has taken to the Clones for the new animated The Clone Wars series.  Many great questions are answered including the expression of personality that we are starting to see as Clones take a prominent role in the action.

2) First of all, I would just like to say that I really liked the vintage line and I hope that you will be bringing it back soon. Now for the question. Over the past couple Q&A's there have been questions from various sites about new figures from the Ewoks and Droids TV series. I agree that I would like to see some of these, but I understand that they probably wouldn't appeal to everyone. Since you said that they wouldn't be in a basic figure line, could these possibly work better in a Vintage line? I may be wrong here, but I'm guessing that the appeal of the vintage line is mostly to older collectors who remember buying figures back in the '70's and '80's, but not so much to kids because of the higher pricepoint and not having the nostalgia factor for them. Vintage could also be a good place to release a few figures from some of the other TV shows like the Ewok movies and maybe some cantina aliens from the Holiday Special. All of these would be figures that would appeal a lmost exclusively to adult collectors, so what better place to put them than in an EU branch of the Vintage line! But if you don't think this could work, could you please give us a hint as to where these kinds of figures could possibly appear someday?

Vintage would not be a good format for this approach because Ewoks and Droids had such a drastically different line look.  To be true to the roots would contradict the black/silver vintage motiff that is crucial to vintage, or would not be strong figure choices when faced with the best ones we could make to continue Vintage.  The best format, if we ever did packs based on these series, would likely be as exclusives somewhere.  Right now we actually don't have any plans to go to these series, but will look at the possibility (with Lucasfilm) to see if it makes sense sometime.

3) Any chance of seeing a clean version of the X-Wing in the $20 vehicles line any time soon? This is one of the most iconic vehicles of the OT and all we have seen of it the last couple of years is the ToysRUs exclusive Dagobah version which is dirty. With several X-Wing pilots coming out I for one would like more X-Wings for them to fly.

Not a chance, unfortunately. The X-Wing is a much, much more expensive vehicle than the $20 series can afford, and the only way to get it out again would be in a larger format like an exclusive.  We are hopeful that we'll be able to get a version out by the end of 2009.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #1259 on: June 20, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »
thanks for asking my x-wing question. pity that too build a squadron is going to cost big money and have to wait til the end of 2009 or later.