Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 463350 times)

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #900 on: August 02, 2007, 08:25:39 PM »
**WARNING STRANGE IDEA**

Dear Hasbo,

The Sci-Fi Channel has a page on their site that is a Hero Creator, which ties into their TV show Who Wants To Be A Superhero. This page allows users to customize a profile of themselves as a Superhero, and then order merchandise with their Superhero character on it. Are you planning on doing something similar for the fans of say Star Wars, and cash in on this novel idea? Maybe create a Jedi and Sith or Rebel character format. Maybe this suggestion is better posed elsewhere?
Howeer the possibilities could be endless. Depending on how extensive the site software allows the person to create a character, Hasbro can then maybe offer some really well thought out fan characters as an Expanded Universe Fan series carded figures in the future? I'm sure we'd all be interested!

Hasbro has answered this question before. They basically said it is not cost effective. Not enough grneral fan interest to warrant the investment into something this specific.

Funny, it is new to Sci-Fi is it not, how did they get a cost rating on it?... >:(
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #901 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
I've notice a lot of recalls concerning products made in China lately how or will this affect your products, do we as buyers of your product need to be worried about anything?
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #902 on: August 03, 2007, 01:07:15 AM »
Yeah really, i agree i mean really whats the scoop on that with china?

I've notice a lot of recalls concerning products made in China lately how or will this affect your products, do we as buyers of your product need to be worried about anything?
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #903 on: August 03, 2007, 06:56:18 AM »

That could be a pertanant question for sure,

How about something along the lines of this:

With the growing product safety concerns now emanating from China and other foreign products ranging from food to toys, how does Hasbro ensure that the products you import meet the US compliance standards and are safe for the consumers that purchase your products? Does Hasbro do any independent testing to guarantee product safety or do you solely rely on the manufacturers word?

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #904 on: August 03, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »

That could be a pertanant question for sure,

How about something along the lines of this:

With the growing product safety concerns now emanating from China and other foreign products ranging from food to toys, how does Hasbro ensure that the products you import meet the US compliance standards and are safe for the consumers that purchase your products? Does Hasbro do any independent testing to guarantee product safety or do you solely rely on the manufacturers word?

Hasbro,
Wtih growing saftey concerns over product safety, how does your company ensure products meet and possibly exceed US compliance standards and regulations, do you periodically audit foreign facilities, such as China and are they ISO 9100 compliant?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #905 on: August 03, 2007, 10:53:38 AM »
We alledgedly get answers this week don't we?
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #906 on: August 03, 2007, 05:02:50 PM »
The latest Q&A results are in!

1. In regards the popularity of certain exclusive items such as the sandcrawler and OTC slave 1 that are commanding high premiums on the secondary market indicating higher than normal demand, is there any plans to re-issue some of the more popular items or are there details in the exclusivity agreement with certain retailers that preclude you from doing so.

Our agreement with retailers is such that exclusivity runs for a period of 12 months. After that time (and pending stock levels) the items can be considered for getting back out onto the market if demand still persists and the original retailer chooses not to re-order (they have first right). Such is the case with some of the 3-3/4" Battle Packs, and the Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax comic pack which are coming back into the mainline assortments because they are still in demand. We should be looking at Slave 1 again for release sooner rather than later since that is such an iconic vehicle. It's unlikely we'll get to the Sandcrawler any time soon.

2. Also in regards to the exclusivity agreements, one topic of discussion is the "pre-orders" being taken by E-tailers for the exclusive items, the question is, are these being supplied by Hasbro or are the retailers supplying the online suppliers thus bypassing the intended consumer and artificially inflating the price ala price gouging, and does Hasbro monitor these types of situations?

We're not exactly sure what you are asking but we think it is about e-tailers for whom the exclusive is not theirs primarily but whom nonetheless appear to have supply and are offering it for pre-order. You might not know, but some retailers, such as Diamond and Entertainment Earth are also distributors and actually sell the product to a network of other retailers. Sometimes, pre-orders are a part of the processs that is needed to guage orders and interest prior to production. We do not regulate this, since it is our customers process, just as we do not disc uss retail pricing with our customers since that is their decision regarding how to price the item.

3. Thank you for giving the fans/collectors the opportunity to ask questions. As a collector it is more often than not very difficult to find sought after (chase) items. A recent example is with the McQuarrie concept figures. These concept f igures are near impossible to find. I've had store employees tell me that staff takes them before they hit the shelves and I have entered a store at opening that stocks overnight, only to find new Star Wars figures replenished minus the McQuarrie concept figures. My account of this is that this happens with great regularity with Star Wars chase (short packed) items. We fans/collectors travel a difficult terrain in order to obtain these chase figure/items. And for some, personal experience with friends, it has taken a toll and wore them out. To the point of it no longer being enjoyable and that friend is now spending money and time elsewhere. QUESTION: Are there plans in the near future to make this hobby more fan friendly by making these sought after figures more regularly available? Maybe pack 3 per case of 12, instead of 1? Why pack figures that are obviously going to be s ought after only one per case?

Absolutely. Some of the scarcity comes from not wanting to go too long on a concept (the response to the McQuarrie figures has exceeded our initial expectations, so we are getting more back into the market) or due to tooling limitations (i.e. how many we can make per week or month, which limits how many we can get out in any period). Just as we did for the 2006 line, we will be reacting to demand and "chasing" the scarcer figures through the year, and possibly even releasing them in subsequent years as demand persist. Rember Scorch and Cody last year? Same thing. More McQuarrie figures are on the way, but it might take a while, so we ask for your patience while we work on it.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #907 on: August 03, 2007, 05:07:01 PM »
Good news..... stay away from Ebay they will make more......Eventually in the Sandcrawler case...
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #908 on: August 03, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

It seems you are slowly putting out characters from the videogame universe such as Nihilus, Revan, and Malak.  Now that it appears that the fans are demanding more characters from star wars videogames, have you started to submit ideas about doing some figures from Dark Forces II; Jedi Knight, like the 7 dark jedi, or the ever popular brown uniform imperial officer or commando?

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #909 on: August 03, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »
good answers this week, thanks Hasbro

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #910 on: August 04, 2007, 12:28:08 AM »
Yeah we gonna get a SLAVE 1 hell yeah and well the sandcrawler i WANT my sandcrawler but i guess i will have to wait i guess till that day that they do make it.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #911 on: August 04, 2007, 02:39:14 AM »
Even if they ship more McQuarrie figures, if they are still just 1 a case that doesn't solve anything. 
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #912 on: August 04, 2007, 03:05:58 AM »
In a way i think does cause if they get more Mcq figures out there on the market. Then the scalps wont get much for these figures on ebay and then this will detour them from putting them on ebay.Cause they will see that they cant get much for them cause anyone will be able to get them anywhere locally or on the net and the scalps will move on too something else but yeah it wont stop them totally but it will stop them on the Mcq figures at least in alot of ways.So in alot of ways it does solve alot of the BS that goes along with the Mcq's.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #913 on: August 04, 2007, 04:12:27 AM »
With the way things are being distributed and with many places not seeing many new figures, there is going to still be a demand from certain areas for the McQs that will continue to drive the market.  These guys will have no where to turn but to ebay where most of the McQs will be waiting with bells on.  I doubt that if the McQ doesn't sell the first time that they take it back, there is too much demand for them to do so.  A few of the scalp-slime around here have decided to hold them until later rather then return or take a loss.  They know that demand will return later and the going ebay price will be more in their favor plus they will have more to horde from the shelves as they reship 1 a case.  The only real solution to curb this is to ship them 2-3 a case and flood the system and I doubt that Hasbro is willing to do that.
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #914 on: August 04, 2007, 09:08:43 AM »
i think the McQ's will settle down and be easy to get, if not, the troopers here are always willing to lend a hand!

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #915 on: August 04, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »
Here's a Q&A answer from thesithempire.net I though you all might be interested in seeing...

TSE.N: There have been many rumors about a possible AT-TE. Is there any truth to this? If so, when do you think we should see this?

Hasbro: It is true that we have been working on a model of the AT-TE, but we cannot yet confirm whether it will come out with the first season of Clone Wars, in a subsequent year, or really at all at this point. If it is prominent in the animation we would certainly like to do it. We would only look at releasing a vehicle this big in the Fall given the need to synch up to the holiday season. We don't want to get hopes up too high in case something happens, but we like the chances that it will come out possibly in '08 but no later than '09.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #916 on: August 04, 2007, 12:35:04 PM »
AT-TE fans rejoice!  fingers are crossed for next Christmas

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #917 on: August 04, 2007, 08:20:11 PM »
I think this is the first time I can actually say BRAVO HASBRO!!!!
Very good answers to some excellent questions. Too bad about the Sandcrawler.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #918 on: August 05, 2007, 02:37:57 AM »
Yeah a AT-TE that could be very cool also along with another SANDCRAWLER as well.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #919 on: August 05, 2007, 06:18:06 AM »
I am doing back flips right now. well figurtively not literally. Anyway, I get my slave one and my atte possibly. Awesome. Gotta agree with Ron on this one, they answered our questions pretty good this time. Guess it shows the more thought and better worded questions will merit a clearer reply. Wow, atte for next Xmas?

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #920 on: August 05, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »
well sounds lie next next christmas
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #921 on: August 05, 2007, 02:51:22 PM »
cant we all just get along.  :)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #922 on: August 05, 2007, 03:06:23 PM »
Guys, lets get back to having good discussion, I've moderated this thread. Dave, Shawn... Chill.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #923 on: August 05, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
Well on the topic of the AT-TE, my personal belief stemming from previous questions Hasbro has answered about the cost of tooling up for any new ship, is that if released it will be released in great numbers so they can spread the tooling and R&D costs over a greater volume and maximixe the return. All most every exclusive is a repaint or reissue of some sort so with a totally new item I would expect to see broad release.

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #924 on: August 06, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
Well on the topic of the AT-TE, my personal belief stemming from previous questions Hasbro has answered about the cost of tooling up for any new ship, is that if released it will be released in great numbers so they can spread the tooling and R&D costs over a greater volume and maximixe the return. All most every exclusive is a repaint or reissue of some sort so with a totally new item I would expect to see broad release.

this would be great, chance to score these at clearance prices maybe for the tamer.

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #925 on: August 07, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »
Dear Hasbro,
I'm glad to see that there are a few more Jabba's palace characters coming out this year. They look great! I'm hoping that more will be in the line up next year. But unlike this year's selection, I hope that next year will include some of Jabba's guards. Many of the recent Jabba's palace characters that have been made stood around the palace, but were not involved in the battle. Luke needs someone to fight! The few already released guards are mostly around ten years old and have very limited articulation. Some updates are needed (Weequay, Klaatu, Gamorreans, vintage palace Klaatu and Nikto) as well as some never before made guard characters (like the guy who shot Luke's hand). So that being said, are there any more of Jabba's fighters in the works?

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #926 on: August 07, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »
well now, an avatar that kicks butt. Good one Philippi. Hey Hasbro, what is up with the release date of the tie interceptor and Ywing?

Offline philippi

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
« Reply #927 on: August 07, 2007, 12:35:39 PM »
Thanks for the compliment! It was an easy avatar to make too. All I needed was an AT-AT Driver and his little buddy, the pile of snow at the edge of my yard last winter and the sky behind it.

Offline Trooper JerTej

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +48/-0
  • Dang! Ewoks can't survive s@#t!!
« Reply #928 on: August 07, 2007, 01:00:41 PM »
Hey Hasbro would you ever consider a Legends Vehicle Line? Like the Tatooine Skiff, OTC Slave One?
Please Sandtrooprs ask this one ;D  I think this is one we would all like to know. Can I get an Amen??!!!
Holy Smokes!!! Did you see that freakin Ewok's head come apart?

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #929 on: August 08, 2007, 04:59:46 PM »
Any plans on making an Alpha-66, AKA Muzzle figure? He could be done very easily with existing parts as a kitbash to keep tooling costs down. I know of alot of fans who would love to get this figure! Or possibly a Battle pack consisting of him and four of his Aurodium Sword members wich includes Snoova.

You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.