Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 468955 times)

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #630 on: April 26, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
Can you confirm if Lt. Janek Sunber (Tank) will be confirmed for an upcoming comic 2 pack?

Also, I've asked a lot of my friends about which EU character they would like to see, and most of them said the same thing..."Storm Commando."  Have you considered making him or Xandel Carivus' Elite Guard for imperial army builders?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #631 on: April 27, 2007, 03:35:44 PM »
THE latest:

1. How do you feel about the people who take your action figures and improve them - the customizers. Does it bother you that someone sitting at home can take one (or more) of your action figures, a little paint, and maybe some clay, and make a better, more accurate version of a character than you make? Do you ever look at customizers homepages, or forum postings, or even ebay - and see a figure that was made, and say "Hey, we should make this guy... he looks great!!"? Have you ever seen a customizers work online, and said "That guy can sculpt/paint/create - he should be working for us"? Have you ever hired someone just like that?

We love it when fans customize, and do definitely look at what fans have created from time to time.  It's great to see people with the same passion with which we ourselves approach the figures.  We have never hired someone based on their customizing work.  We have, however, hired trained pros in design and sculpting who are deeply passionate Star Wars fans. Our designers need to be able to draw any concept (not just Star Wars since they often work on multiple lines), communicate input to sculpting understanding what can and can't work from a materials, engineering, safety, costing, durability, and licensor perspective, and the like.  In short, they don't just create customs, they manage a rigorous product development process.  We are always looking for qualified individuals if they have industrial design education and training.

2. Can we get a superarticulated dewback? And perhaps a Tauntaun? I love the SA troopers and soldiers you make and think it would be a great idea  to do some of the trooper type beasties in this same style. I am sure a new sculpt on either one of these creatures sure wouldnt hurt anyone's feelings either.

At some point we should do a new Dewback, but it won't be for a while. In any case it probably wouldn't be SA since it wouldn't actually give you the benefits for the increased cost.  These guys are slow, lumbering beasts and SA would seem like a misplaced expense.  However, the aesthetics could use some updating for sure.  Same goes for the Bantha regarding SA, but the current bantha is a pretty great creature as is.

3. I can't wait to see the comic book 2-pack of A'Sharad Hett and The Dark Woman, as they're some of my favorites from the EU.  Is there any chance you have a mock up or close to completed prototype you can share an image of with us here at Sandtroopers.com?

Lee's Toy Review has just released their latest issue, and all of the packs from this wave can be found in this issue. They will have an exclusive on these packs until Celebration IV, when we'll reveal them in the flesh (so to speak).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 03:39:38 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #632 on: April 27, 2007, 11:49:44 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Are you planning to make a Clone Blaze Trooper in the future.

now that is just plain sweet! Please Please make this!
I think I asked this "Q" before along with will they make this.

You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline rich2389

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2007, 05:20:49 AM »
1. Hasbro would you consider giving us a bastilla shan from knights of the old republic? this is a much desired figure by fans as it was very high on the lst fans choice figure poll.  it could also be produced as two figures light and dark side as it would only require a repaint of her robes and lightsaber colour change.

2. Has there also been any consideration gives to clone assains and a kashyyyk repaint of delta squad?

3. FINALLY, as you have commented many times that large playstes are off the menu, is there any possiability of cardboard dioramas like the jabbas palace and cantina ones from 1998, e.g palpatines office and naboo palace?  ( i mainly ask because i cant see these being expensive to produce or design, and new ones could be selt as exclusives online) ;D

Offline General Grievous

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2007, 09:15:20 AM »
Will we ever be getting a ROTS Nute Gunray & ROTS Rune Haako figure?
"Jedi Scum!" - General Grievous.

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #635 on: April 28, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

Are you planning to make a Clone Blaze Trooper in the future.

now that is just plain sweet! Please Please make this!
I think I asked this "Q" before along with will they make this.

I submitted the question before... around the first of the year when they 1/2'd our question asking ability. However, I'm 99% + it was never asked.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #636 on: April 28, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »
Will we ever be getting a ROTS Nute Gunray & ROTS Rune Haako figure?
Please no more Nemoidians! :stop:
All they do is pegwarm and keep good figures from being placed on the pegs.

I submitted the question before... around the first of the year when they 1/2'd our question asking ability. However, I'm 99% + it was never asked.
Well now that they have Neyo it's a simple repaint and som minor modification on the torso and BAM Clone Assassin! The Blaze Trooper however may be down the road a ways as it's an all new sculpt.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline amagon

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #637 on: April 28, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
Honestly, I would love to see a box set (or two) of the McQuarrie figures.  Nice box to show off the figs, take them out, put them back.  BUT, does that make too much sense for us to actually be able to get them all and not be ripped off my Ebay!?

Offline darkart99

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »
Will you ever make truly super articulated figures by adding ball joints to the hips?
Iím pretty sure youíve done this with the VOTC Tatooine Luke. I think the super articulation is great but you can appreciate it more when you have the option of posing your figures in a wide stance OR a neutral pose. I donít buy GI Joe, but donít they have ball jointed hips? From what Iíve seen of the GI Joe 25th anniversary figures the hip articulation doesnít seem to take away from the aesthetic of the figure at all they look great and are SA.
Thanks

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2007, 11:47:11 AM »
Do you agree that the Expanded Universe has great potential for army builders?  If so what is the likelihood we'll see figures from the, "imperial elites," such as the Storm Commando, Xandel Carivus's Elite Guard, and Clone Assassin?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 01:03:50 PM by Mithel »

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »
With all these Comic 2-pks you're doing and most of them seem to be EU, there are rumors going around about Kyle Katarn. Will he be in this format or the basic line. Also is there any plans for Dash Rendar in the future either in the basic line or this format because if so it would be nice to finally get his Droid Leebo made?
Thank you for your time!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #641 on: April 30, 2007, 04:04:04 AM »
hey thanks RC1976 for the pics in here but i want to ask if hasbro and if they read this

WHY CANT you folks at hasbro re-release the sandcrawler and i know the costs are higher with the price of gas these days but i bet there would be a demand for it.I have see a few sites that are sellin this peice of beautiful collection piece to own for $80 and above and i really want one so bad to be made again in a re-release cause its been a long time since you put the first one out.I also want to know IS us troopers going to get a NEW arc-170 this year to be confirmed and if we are WHEN will it hit stores in months.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline superukfan

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #642 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »
My question to Hasbro:

Dear Hasbro,
Why was the Clone Wars costume chosen for the Quinlan Vos figure in the newly released Comic Pack, rather than the Jedi outfit he wears in the Twilight comic included with the figure? He never meets Villie in his Clone Wars costume. Was it due to the results of fan's choice poll, since I understand there was a lot of campaigning there for his Clone Wars costume? If so, will we get a Jedi outfit version of Vos anytime soon?

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #643 on: May 01, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »
Will you make an accurate black tunic imperial officer?  The earlier one was moldeled after a helmsman, please correct this.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #644 on: May 04, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »
Is Hasbro trying to do anything to get more of the 30th Anniversary Collection figures on the pegs instead of the case upon case of The Saga Collection figures that Target and Toys "R" Us keep putting out?
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #645 on: May 04, 2007, 10:07:09 PM »
Will you make an accurate black tunic imperial officer?  The earlier one was moldeled after a helmsman, please correct this.

Is Hasbro trying to do anything to get more of the 30th Anniversary Collection figures on the pegs instead of the case upon case of The Saga Collection figures that Target and Toys "R" Us keep putting out?
Both of these were asked and answered.
Not any time soon, and TAC is just getting started while Saga is fasing out, be patient. ;)

TAC Coins Needed

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #646 on: May 04, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »
We were supposed to have TAC in stores in March and its now May. All the stores near me have more TSC now then they have ever had before.

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #647 on: May 05, 2007, 07:26:55 AM »
We were supposed to have TAC in stores in March and its now May. All the stores near me have more TSC now then they have ever had before.
yeah  same here it's ticking me off, and the one target that has all TAC has solid pegs of r2, obi, and mace
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #648 on: May 05, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »
Mine put out TAC for about a week and now its back to TSC.

Feedback

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #649 on: May 07, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »
I see that you are now making more EU figures from the videogames, like the rebel vanguard.  With this rebel addition, will we see more imperial EU characters that can be army built like Xandel Carivus's Elite Guard, Swamptrooper, or Storm Commando?

P.S. Xandel Carivus's bodyguard is what I really want.  Please consider it.  :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 08:29:21 PM by Mithel »

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #650 on: May 07, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »
Here is (odie-wan's) Hasbro Questions for the week:

* Do you have plans on releasing a repaint of the Gunship Pilot to match his color scheme from the Clone Wars series?  He had blue marking and was flying the ARC troopers Gunship while attacking Muunlinst.
* Do you have plans on re-releasing Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighter for the 33/4" line?
* What are your plans on the next the Ultra Titanium vehicles line?  Maybe Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighter or ARC-170 with Clone Wars deco.
Wants  -  Trade  -  Feedback

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #651 on: May 07, 2007, 05:26:59 PM »
* Do you have plans on releasing a repaint of the Gunship Pilot to match his color scheme from the Clone Wars series?  He had blue marking and was flying the ARC troopers Gunship while attacking Muunlinst.

Please ask this.

Feedback

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #652 on: May 07, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »

Please ask this.

Excellent question please, please ask this. >:D
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #653 on: May 07, 2007, 08:39:16 PM »
I see that you are now making more EU figures from the videogames, like the rebel vanguard.  With this rebel addition, will we see more imperial EU characters that can be army built like Xandel Carivus's Elite Guard, Swamptrooper, or Storm Commando?

P.S. Xandel Carivus's bodyguard is what I really want.  Please consider it.  :)

PLZ ASK THIS :)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #654 on: May 07, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

What was the thought process behind including inferior versions of the Jedi/Sith characters in the Order 66 2-packs? Every one of the 6 figures that were included with the packs, with the exception of maybe Darth Vader, was an old, inferior version of that character, and a newer, more accurate, better articulated version could have easily been inserted instead. As a matter of fact, at several Target stores in my area, dozens of these 2-packs are sitting on shelves waiting to be purchased. And several times I have picked up several extra packs (I already have 2 complete sets for my collection) only to put them back. As much as I like the Clone Troopers that were done for these sets, I absolutely hate the figures that were included for the Jedi/Sith. But I guess I should at least thank you for repainting the #41 Clone instead of the #6. You finally got something right.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #655 on: May 07, 2007, 11:10:46 PM »
This question touches on bringing back the 7" Unlerashed line one that I really enjoyed as well as many of my friends, some of whom only collect the Unleashed. I know that new Figures like Commander Bly, Cody, Republic Commandos, Galactic Marines heck any Clone is a sure hit! How about some new Jedi and Sith characters, you can't just keep repacking earlier versions and expect them to sell well. This line is all about keeping it fresh. Where do you plan to go with this line?

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #656 on: May 08, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

What was the thought process behind including inferior versions of the Jedi/Sith characters in the Order 66 2-packs? Every one of the 6 figures that were included with the packs, with the exception of maybe Darth Vader, was an old, inferior version of that character, and a newer, more accurate, better articulated version could have easily been inserted instead. As a matter of fact, at several Target stores in my area, dozens of these 2-packs are sitting on shelves waiting to be purchased. And several times I have picked up several extra packs (I already have 2 complete sets for my collection) only to put them back. As much as I like the Clone Troopers that were done for these sets, I absolutely hate the figures that were included for the Jedi/Sith. But I guess I should at least thank you for repainting the #41 Clone instead of the #6. You finally got something right.

The answer to this question is pretty easy actually... with teh two packs you get 2 repainted or repackaged figures for $9.99. One figure retails for $6.68+. So, this pack is quite a bargain. The clones were given new paint schemes (Which were a knock out on most of em) or/and new accessories. To balance this, Hasbro included a cheaper to produce Jedi/Sith counterpart.
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #657 on: May 08, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

The answer to this question is pretty easy actually... with teh two packs you get 2 repainted or repackaged figures for $9.99. One figure retails for $6.68+. So, this pack is quite a bargain. The clones were given new paint schemes (Which were a knock out on most of em) or/and new accessories. To balance this, Hasbro included a cheaper to produce Jedi/Sith counterpart.

Sounds resonabe

Feedback

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #658 on: May 08, 2007, 07:31:01 PM »
Or maybe how overpriced the other figures are at $6.68+.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #659 on: May 11, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
Will we get any info on the 08 line at celebration 4?  And can you confirm if Sergeant Doallyn will be apart of it?

Star Wars Chewbacca Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure