Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 469158 times)

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2007, 10:58:30 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Will you ever offer fan sites the opportunity to design their own battle pack? For example, have Sandtroopers poll their members and then submit a mock up design for your professional team to explore?
While the Hunt for Grievous and Mace Windu Battalion packs were successful, and The Capture of Tantive IV will be, others such as Skirmish in the Senate went on clearance for $4.98 at my local Targets (and they had dozens marked down), and the current Ambush on Ilum appears to be destined for the same. Is there a better way to show support to these dedicted band of followers, increase sales, and keep the fans happy?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »
Dear Hasbro, if the Force Unleashed figure line becomes popular, will you do more figures based on other Star Wars games like Dark Forces II Jediknight?  I would really like the 7 Dark Jedi, Jan Ors, and a generic Imperial Officer in a brown uniform.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #452 on: February 23, 2007, 12:35:53 AM »
So would I!
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2007, 02:41:44 PM »
you forgot about Kyle Katarn. ;D

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2007, 07:07:15 PM »
Yeah we need an updated version.  Perhaps from Mysteries of the Sith.

Offline thoughtbomb

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2007, 07:08:16 PM »
Hasbro,
     Are there any chances of seeing an individually carded figure for Dark Lady Lumiya in 2008?

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
Man, it's been like a month since we got our last answers from Hasbro. Whats the hold up? Are we getting some soon?

Anyway, new question...

Dear Hasbro... with the $20.00 line of vehicles in production will 2008 see a TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank from the Star Wars Battlefront games? Im sure that vehicle could be made, two hold two clones (one in cockpit and one in turrent) for $20.00. Maybe a couple foot pegs and hand holds on the skids to add 2-4 clones?

Pix attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:54:11 PM by RC 1976 »
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2007, 06:28:20 PM »
sweet idea RC. Very sweet. Hey Hasbro, any chance of doing a superarty obi wan in clone armor ( a good one not the one from the battlepack) ? Removable helmet ofcourse and one on that speederbike going at durge would be a heck of a battlepack?

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »
I second both of those last two requests.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

You earlier stated that you are committed to making all the patrons in the Mos Eisley Cantina, are you just as committed to making everyone in Jabba's Palace? 

And is Sgt. Doallyn a possible figure for 08 or 09?

Also, if you're making the V-Wing, is it possible you'll make a pilot with a fully sealed flight suit?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:35:14 PM by Mithel »

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2007, 04:27:36 PM »
Scum has Habro Q&A up today... that means we should be getting some soon too!
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2007, 06:31:03 PM »
1. Would you consider doing a fans choice ballet for the Titanium 3" vehicle line? I ask this because the reissues with paint variations and "battle damage" give the impresson that Hasbro has reached the end of the line as far as new ideas. I believe there are plenty of vehicles to be made and maybe the fans need a contest forum to shed light on new vehicles.

This is an interesting idea and certainly, given the large fan passion for Titanium, a valuable tool for our input.  We'll look into this.

2. Why do we keep getting different Clone Troopers using so many different body styles?  I just purchased Commander Appo and the Combat Engineer. I was very disappointed to see that Appo does not use the removable helmet body style, instead using the #41 SA body. Same thing with the Mace Windu battlepack (minus the Airborne Clone, kudos for that) and the Betrayal at Felucia battlepack (again, minus the one Clone Sergeant). Two different body styles were created for the Evolutions packs, each with a removable helmet. Why not use these two sculpts exclusively going forward? While I must say that I love getting so many Clone Troopers, I'd love it even more if they were all given a removable helmet.

The simple fact is that we have more demand for Clones than we have capacity to deliver at once, so we use the most high-quality tools available to us. Judging by fan reactions we have seen and heard, different fans have different favorite bodies, so we are likely to continue to use multiple tools while Clone demand remains high.

3. What was the thought process behind making the last 5 figures in the 2006 SAGA line exclusives? Any collector can tell you that the last wave in most of the current lines is nearly impossible to find (i.e. Episode 1, POTJ, SAGA 2002, ROTS, etc.), and now it's exclusive to Wal*Mart as well which makes it twice as hard to find, if not more. Not to mention that these five figures are included in a case with other figures, and only 1 of each per case at that. While I am not a fan of exclusives, I do understand that stores want something "special" to bring customers in. However, I would urge Hasbro NOT to make the exclusives part of the regular line of figures in the future.

Troops - because the "last waves" of any line have been hard to find in the past does not mean that this one will be.  We are very aware of what has happened in the past and have designed this wave not to fall prey to the same issues.  There are other reasons those waves were short as well - mainly the time between the wave's release and the fact that the old line look must make way for the new gives it very little breathing room.  This one has a different circumstance.  The simple fact is that we are releasing as many of these figures as we are for any other average figure in the line, which means that WM will have a good concentration of this.  As is the case with all of our case packs where a figure is weighted at 1-per, like early on with Scorch or Cody, our ratio weighting choices are dictated by the tooling capacity of how many we can physically manufacture to satisfy the overall demand, and not the demand of the figure itself.  How many we put per case is largely irrelevant for collector-targeted products; the most important statistic is the number we eventually make.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:50:59 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Mithel

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »
The reason why you made figures from the, "Force Unleashed," game, is because it is a multi-media event.(books, comics, toys, and games)  But my question is if these sell well, will you make more characters from other videogames, like the 7 Dark Jedi, from Dark Forces II?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:44:35 AM by Mithel »

Offline Bosskmr

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #463 on: March 02, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »

2. Why do we keep getting different Clone Troopers using so many different body styles?  I just purchased Commander Appo and the Combat Engineer. I was very disappointed to see that Appo does not use the removable helmet body style, instead using the #41 SA body. Same thing with the Mace Windu battlepack (minus the Airborne Clone, kudos for that) and the Betrayal at Felucia battlepack (again, minus the one Clone Sergeant). Two different body styles were created for the Evolutions packs, each with a removable helmet. Why not use these two sculpts exclusively going forward? While I must say that I love getting so many Clone Troopers, I'd love it even more if they were all given a removable helmet.
[/b]

Not sure who submitted this question but I absolutely HATE the removeable helmet Clone Troopers.  The helmet looks too big, the chin sticks out and you can barely turn his head without the helmet coming off....#41 SA clone trooper scutlp ALL the WAY!!!!

So Hasbro's is right not everyone wants your choice in molds. 

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »

3. What was the thought process behind making the last 5 figures in the 2006 SAGA line exclusives? Any collector can tell you that the last wave in most of the current lines is nearly impossible to find (i.e. Episode 1, POTJ, SAGA 2002, ROTS, etc.), and now it's exclusive to Wal*Mart as well which makes it twice as hard to find, if not more. Not to mention that these five figures are included in a case with other figures, and only 1 of each per case at that. While I am not a fan of exclusives, I do understand that stores want something "special" to bring customers in. However, I would urge Hasbro NOT to make the exclusives part of the regular line of figures in the future.

Troops - because the "last waves" of any line have been hard to find in the past does not mean that this one will be.  We are very aware of what has happened in the past and have designed this wave not to fall prey to the same issues.  There are other reasons those waves were short as well - mainly the time between the wave's release and the fact that the old line look must make way for the new gives it very little breathing room.  This one has a different circumstance.  The simple fact is that we are releasing as many of these figures as we are for any other average figure in the line, which means that WM will have a good concentration of this.  As is the case with all of our case packs where a figure is weighted at 1-per, like early on with Scorch or Cody, our ratio weighting choices are dictated by the tooling capacity of how many we can physically manufacture to satisfy the overall demand, and not the demand of the figure itself.  How many we put per case is largely irrelevant for collector-targeted products; the most important statistic is the number we eventually make.

I don't know where to begin but I can guaranty you one thing, the hasblo train of BS is still chugging down the tracks at full throttle.

Let's start at the top. "because the "last waves" of any line have been hard to find in the past does not mean that this one will be."Why not???? All of the other "last waves" have been nearly impossible to find. Why should we believe you when you say this wave will be any different?

How about this one. "There are other reasons those waves were short as well - mainly the time between the wave's release and the fact that the old line look must make way for the new gives it very little breathing room.  Amazing. Simply amazing. This statement tells me that you knew in advance the time line would be extremely short and didn't take the necessary steps to maximize your sales and your customers satisfaction. (not that hasbro has ever considered customer satisfaction a priority)

This one is even better. "like early on with Scorch or Cody, our ratio weighting choices are dictated by the tooling capacity of how many we can physically manufacture to satisfy the overall demand, and not the demand of the figure itself.  Can hasblo come out and say it with any more honesty? They stated it plain and simple. We know this is a never before released figure. We know it will be extremely popular. Do we care? HELL NO! Do we know these figures will be in high demand and impossible to find? HELL YES!
Do we care? HELL NO!
Satisfy the overall demand and not the demand of the figure???? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? You cannot satisfy the overall demand unless you're satisfying the demand for the figure. I would like to know who the marketing genious is that came up with that philosophy.

I saved the best for last. "How many we put per case is largely irrelevant for collector-targeted products; the most important statistic is the number we eventually make."
WHAT? When has hasblo EVER stated they packaged, sold or marketed Star Wars with the collector in mind? This is an absolute, total, complete, BOLD FACE LIE! Do they have an occasional exclusive? Yes. Is it also extremely hard to find? Yes. So don't tell me it's targeted to the collector. If it was you would make enough for the collectors to find instead all we find are preggo padme and nemoidian peg warmers.

I'll end with this question. Did anyone catch that Hasbro was finally straight forward and honest with their customer base when they said: "the most important statistic is the number we eventually make."
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +18/-0
  • Sandtroopers.com Graphito Suprema!
    • Sandtroopers.com-Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
Your observations are right on the money. I applaud your abilty to see through the rhetoric and lay it out for us in laymens terms. Good job!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:13:08 PM by Darth Spice »
Sandtroopers.com -Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2007, 09:36:35 PM »
Regarding the wave 10 and the fairness/good measure in making them easily available...

I know 2 guys that read these forums, are smart, well organized, and basically were staking out 2 WalMarts, and told me that they bought both store's entire end cap displays of the 5 exclusive figures and the one unmarked box in one of the stores. This came out to be 8 end cap sets of the 5 figures at two stores, 16 sets total, plus one unmarked box at one of the stores. 17 of 18 total sets available between two WalMart stores were grabbed exclusively by two guys, that no doubt are waiting for the figures to become completing unvailable (which they seem to be now) and sell them on eBay. Hasbro don't tell me that everyone in this situation is going to be able to find these exclusive figures. These stores didn't seem to get additional shipments of the 5 figures beyond the end cap displays.
Maybe next time you should pack them in individual boxes and stagger the shipments, instead of placing them for an endcap display that's an easy target for scalpers.
Good job Hasblo!

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2007, 10:12:46 PM »
This is the second problem for those of us that work for a living and can't be at the store when it opens or are unable to get up at 4:00 in the morning to get to the store.
The major big box stores should be responsible and regulate the number of figures a single person can purchase. I too have seen an occasion or two when someone was in the check out line with a large quantity of SW toys and not a word was said to him.
I know that Target puts up signs in the toy department warning buyers about large purchases but I have yet to see the stores here do anything about it.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #468 on: March 02, 2007, 10:48:56 PM »
I disagree with the idea that stores should limit how many you can buy, and I'm not a scalper... but when I want to army build I should be able to buy as many of a figure as I want.  I can sympathize with you on the having to work thing though, about the only time I get to hunt for figures is on the weekends now.  My local walmart just went 24 hours about 6 months ago and now I can't find jack crap there.... my guess is someone scalps it clean at like 2 in the morning or something.  On the other hand we do live in a capitalist society, so if I could go that time of day and make a decent living scalping maybe I would.  I just don't think a living wage could be made that way. >:D
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #469 on: March 03, 2007, 11:01:31 AM »
i will agree on the walmart fab 5 that our stores have only received one shipment and maybe 6 boxes at each store, but they have not been back since then....so unless Walmart is planning on releasing another surge of these, I think Hasblo is blowing smoke up our backsides

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2007, 11:02:26 AM »
I disagree with that. I understand your desire to army build but I personally don't like it when someone buys a certain clone trooper every time they see it. Like if someone sees 5 Appos in a store and buys them all every time that makes it really really hard for other people to complete their collections or just get the few figures they want.

Feedback

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #471 on: March 03, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »
I disagree with that. I understand your desire to army build but I personally don't like it when someone buys a certain clone trooper every time they see it. Like if someone sees 5 Appos in a store and buys them all every time that makes it really really hard for other people to complete their collections or just get the few figures they want.

Thats the great thing about this site...we help each other acquire needed/wanted pieces!
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #472 on: March 03, 2007, 06:43:42 PM »
Well jedibrian we agree to disagree, why not its a free country.....  although if anbody has 5 appos  bought at one time they are not army building they are probably scalping as you really only need one or two if you keep one carded.    Now if they buy 5 elite corps troopers or five white clonetroopers, they may be army building. >:D
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
Fair enough.

Feedback

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »
i found this answer from another sites question amusing:

2) I noticed that the hilt for the up coming Ceremony Luke is the hilt from Darth Vader. Is this just a case of a sample image with the wrong saber hilt? If not, why does Hasbro keep getting this wrong? (i.e. VTSC X-wing Luke also came with the Vader hilt). Also, the hilt in on the attached saber hand for the Ep. III Obi-Wan (which was made early on).

We know that the hilt is wrong, but have been spec'ing it when we need a hilt that gets us pretty close. It's something that we are aware of and will be looking at for future releases.

first off they basically they know its wrong and dont care because they are going to do whatever is cheapest. and secondly i have been reading the q and a since the begining on most of the sites and this has been brought up before so when they say "future releases" what are they talking about? ten years from now?

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
i found this answer from another sites question amusing:

2) I noticed that the hilt for the up coming Ceremony Luke is the hilt from Darth Vader. Is this just a case of a sample image with the wrong saber hilt? If not, why does Hasbro keep getting this wrong? (i.e. VTSC X-wing Luke also came with the Vader hilt). Also, the hilt in on the attached saber hand for the Ep. III Obi-Wan (which was made early on).

We know that the hilt is wrong, but have been spec'ing it when we need a hilt that gets us pretty close. It's something that we are aware of and will be looking at for future releases.

first off they basically they know its wrong and dont care because they are going to do whatever is cheapest. and secondly i have been reading the q and a since the begining on most of the sites and this has been brought up before so when they say "future releases" what are they talking about? ten years from now?

I think they do have the license until 2018? So maybe!

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
A countdown to 2018!

Dear Hasbro, when will your license on producing Star Wars items run out? For countless reasons many fans are counting the days until it is given to another company.
HASBLO :emperor:

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2007, 10:29:54 PM »
Hasbro, Would you consider selling solid cases of figures - Ie. TAC Galactic Marine.. I met a hasbro rep and explained that I was an army builder.. it is not rare for me to collect 50 to 100 of a certain figure... she could only be perplexed that someone would do that... I work and choose to spend my money on that... so that being said, would it be possible. Hasbro Germany used to sell solid cases of Death Star troopers... I have a solid cases in my posesion so they definitely exist and should be possible to acquire. Retail fails time and time again to give collectors what they desire due to their abysmal distribution practices. Wal Mart with wave 10 was/is a fiasco - I have seen these at retail twice at one store but no others. It is obvious that they are unable to meet demand.

Offline lordabell

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +23/-0
« Reply #478 on: March 04, 2007, 04:42:25 AM »
The answer that reHashbro gave concerning the Walmart wave means that they have a total disconnect to the non-sculpers and to reality.  Our 2 Walmarts have had the wave 10 cases twice.  At one, they were never seen but they did arrive in the stockroom only to vanish in it's version of the Bermuda Triangle.  The second store has had them 2 times, both times I have only seen 1 figure of the fab 5 and no clones (the cases did however have the pegs clogging with EPI Obi's and Bespin Confession Vaders great assortment choice there).  Here we are in March when the TAC starts shipping, are we really going to see more of these cases, I doubt it.  Once again we must bow to reHasbro's ability to stick it to the collector and support scalpers everywhere.
"If there is a center to the collectors universe, I am in the city that is the farthest from."

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2007, 05:36:26 AM »
Hey troopers, not to douse the fire you are making under hasblo, and this is taking this thread a bit off topic so I hope you will indulge me, why arent you using this site and forum to get what you need? I too had a hard time seeing this wave at retail when they first came out, but I sure as heck didnt sweat it as I knew a few troopers here would help me out. Heck I got my saga wave done and then I helped out other troopers. Remember, UNITED WE FIND. I think I remember reading that somewhere here. I think we all have our issues with hasbro, but I dont see that changing anytime soon so get what you need, use this place!