Author Topic: Hasbro wants our Questions:  (Read 640468 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Hasbro wants our Questions:
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
I just got this from our Hasbro rep:

We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to help better serve your outletís diehard Star Wars fans like never before!  Beginning today, Hasbro invites you to help launch a new weekly STAR WARS QUESTION & ANSWER session with their Star Wars brand team.

In an effort to provide more consistent support to the media dedicated to covering the iconic Star Wars toy line, Hasbro has established a weekly Q&A aimed at sharing the most up-to-date and accurate brand and product information available. 

Every Friday by 5 PM ET, we ask that your staff submit questions that you would like posed to the Star Wars brand team.  (No more than three questions per outlet per week, please.)  All questions submitted will be reviewed and answers to a select few will be posted on www.Hasbro.com/StarWars <http://www.Hasbro.com/StarWars>  the following Friday afternoon.  Though only a sampling of all questions received will be posted to Hasbroís site each week, we will make our best effort to respond directly to each editor with answers to all submitted questions.

Outlets are strongly urged to list their questions in priority order. Hasbro may not be able to answer all of each outletís questions every week (due to volume), so to ensure Hasbro addresses the most pressing questions, assigning priority is important. 

Also, while Hasbro welcomes any and all questions regarding past and present product lines, they reserve the right to refrain from answering any questions that may otherwise divulge proprietary information related to future products.  The first STAR WARS QUESTION & ANSWER session will be posted online the afternoon of Friday, June 9.

We look forward to working more closely with you!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Simdog

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Hasbro wants our Questions:
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »
Are there more Vintage styled figures on the way and will we eventually see the majority of the old Kenner line done in this new vintage fashion.

Simdog

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »
This is really, really cool! I have a couple of burning questions:

I was wondering if the rumored Target exclusive Imperial Shuttle is going to be for the standard 3 and 3/4" line of figures or is it going to be something entirely new?

It seems like almost all of the basic and VTSC figures previewed thus far are going to be released by mid-year. Are we going to see more basic and VTSC figures in 2006? How many more?

When can we see pictures of the Toys R' Us exclusive AT-AT?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 06:12:41 PM by Trooper Jon »

Offline TAMER

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +133/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 06:36:10 PM »
allright!

1. Ditto on John's ATAT question

2. speaking of ATAT's, are we gonna ever see that big bad boy from Clone Wars ( ATTE )?

3. EU, when can we expect to see one of the Vong ( in the 3 and 3/4 inch line )?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:28:26 AM by TAMER »

Offline Jaing Skirata

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:18:24 PM »
1. Where are the following Clone figures...

A. Boss
 B. Fixer
 C. Sev
 D. Commander Fox
 E. Commander Neyo

2. What about some Clone Wars fighters... ie V-19 Torret?
Personell Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »
What are the chnace we will see an AT-TE?  Since it is similar to the At-At could parts of it be used for that?  Also what are the chances of seeing more EU figures such as the Solo kids and more Mara Jade?
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline al_Harba

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Liberate the Action Figures!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:17:51 AM »
The big question for many of us regards Target exclusives.  There appears to be a GREAT variation in policy regarding when and how to stock these products.  Does Hasbro take an active interest in this, or is this an issue that Hasbro leaves up to the individual store management?

al Harba
fremen poet

Offline darth2525

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 06:47:02 AM »
I recently read rumors that Hasbro has decided to continue the 7" Unleashed line. Is this true?  If yes, when can we expect more figures to hit store shelves, and could Hasbro list some of the confirmed new figures.  There have also been rumors of old figures being re-released as "Greatest Hits", would the highly sought after Darth Vader Unmasked be one of these?

Offline originaldrdoom

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »
Please, no more rehashed/repackaged figures.
Give us more variety.
And please, no more 1 per case figures. An equal
ratio of figures will dramatically raise sales.
This means no more Poggle or Sun Fac figures warming the pegs.
Distribution, distribution, distribution!
This factor alone has caused many collectors too much grief and frustration.
As a matter of fact, many collectors have stopped collecting
Star Wars figures because of this.
Oh, and do not label the Mail-Away George Lucas Package stating what's inside.
Since the white generic box stated "EARLY BIRD SET" on it, I had a very nice hole punched in the package of my Early Bird set due to this fact.
Very serious and nosy individuals would see this as an easy target- to damage or to steal.

Thanks for all that you've done with the current SAGA line(s). Exceptional in most areas.
-Doom

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »
I have a couple..

1. Would Hasbro be willing to sell Army Builder cases direct to consumers?  - like the SA clones available through Enterainment Earth?  A solid case of Death Star Gunners, VOTC Storm Troopers, Death Star Troopers.

2. Will the Trade Federation Droid Tank be released in 3.75' figure line?

3. Will Hasbro release any weapons packs? Extra Clone and Stormtrooper rifles and perhaps Thermal Detonators.

4. Would Hasbro consider selling/making  modular walls/ control panels for dioramas? Giving the ability recreate Death Star Hall ways or Tantive IV. (I am getting tired of shedding blood in cutting foam core)

Offline bobafred

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • "Bobafred on the Hunt"
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »
I submit the most pressing Q and A for our Sandtrooper Community, with the upmost priorty, and the least amount of volume text as possible...

Q1. How will Hasbro become collector friendly, and keep the whole Hasbro Star Wars Community of friendly collectors, line supporters, completist, patronizers, your number one fan's from...

A. Discontinuing their Hasbro collections.
B. Fading away from Hasbro Star Wars toy lines.
C. Fading to any other Star Wars, Lucas Licensed, manufacture of merchandise/collectables?

Please check Sandtroopers Daily for Suggestion's/solution's to these, and many more pressing issues presented to Hasbro, and our Sandtrooper's Star Wars Collector's Community!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:30:59 PM by bobafred »
If we will make our seasons welcome here, asking not too much of Sandtroopers or our Galaxy, then a long time after we are dead the lives our lives prepare will voice here...
...Memory native to this website will spread over it like a grove, and memory will grow into wisdom and indwelling light.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:53 PM »
WOW you guys are making the 3-4 limit real hard to choose from.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 09:38:09 PM »
Do they give tours of their head quarters in Rhode Island? I am a short distance away ;D
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 10:20:13 PM »
Most of my questions have already been posted, but here's one:

Would you consider a contest where a Star Wars fan would choose and help design a wave of 3.75" figures?

Erik :D

p.s. Oh, you can ask, is the meaning of life really plastic? ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:20:50 PM by A.D.I.T.L.1979 »
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline Scruffy

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • who's scruffy-looking?
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 08:09:47 AM »
simple.

why does hasbro play us for fools? the heroes & villians collection was the last straw for me.

Offline JBJedi

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 10:38:33 AM »
Can someone please tell me when are we going to get a 12" inch Rebel Trooper?  We have everyother kind of Trooper, but not a single Rebel Trooper.  A Rebel Blockade Runner would be an awsome figure to do. A Hoth Trooper would be great as would an Endor Trooper.  Please someone make these figures. I've asked this question for years to many different Star Wars sites, but have never got an answer. "Help me Sandtrooper, you're my only hope".  Thank you.
JB JEDI

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 10:44:21 AM »
Can someone please tell me when are we going to get a 12" inch Rebel Trooper?  We have everyother kind of Trooper, but not a single Rebel Trooper.  A Rebel Blockade Runner would be an awsome figure to do. A Hoth Trooper would be great as would an Endor Trooper.  Please someone make these figures. I've asked this question for years to many different Star Wars sites, but have never got an answer. "Help me Sandtrooper, you're my only hope".  Thank you.
JB JEDI

Interesting question, but Hasbro does not make the 12inch line anymore, Sideshow has that license now.

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 09:04:31 PM »
I have three questions for starters.
1. Why do you continue to produce rehashed figures?
2. Are you willing to set up a system that enables hasblo to be in direct contact with serious collectors. The true collectors are the people that can inform your R&D department about the figures, ships and playsets that are wanted the most.
3. Collector sites like Sandtroopers.Com are one of the most valuable sources you could find for gathering information. This information includes but is in no way limited to what the fans would like to see for new figures and which figures have become old, stale and overproduced. You will also discover through posted reviews and discussions the thoughts and perspectives of the purchasers and gain a wealth of knowledge that will help you better market your product.
Therefore my question is this. Is hasblo willing to utilize StarWars collector web sites in an effort to better understand the wants and desires and expectations of the general public?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 04:24:15 PM by scalperhunter1 »
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »
#1: Will we ever see an AT-TE?
#2: Will you produce all the Clones that appeared in EP3 ie= Bacara's Galactic Marines, the (correct) Commander Neyo, Cody's Parjai Squad, Gree's 41st Elite, As well as EU Clones like Commander Faie, Commander Keller, Clone Assassins
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +39/-0
  • Australian Sith Lord!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 06:40:16 PM »
Why does Australia always seem behind when Hasbro are launching new waves of figures. I mean in this day and age it should be a world wide release.......but i'm clutching at straws here ;)
Tie those Scalpers down sport!  Fair Dinkum!

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 08:13:19 PM »
As a new collector I've become frustrated with insider trading that occurs between staff and scalpers/collectors, those who hide items, staff who take items while in the back/storage, etc.. I am subjected to having to arrive at a store when it opens to compete with others over limited goods, as well as arrive at closing or late at night at 24-hr stores just to get the popular items. Staff, fellow collectors, scalpers then label me, because of the limited perspective they hold from their role. After this Saga line I will probably hang up collecting and put my time toward something more personally rewarding. I do however keep things in perspective and realize things for what they are, collecting plastic toys. I understand that there are collectors and store employees whose actions give way to generalizations that then are carelessly applied to everyone else. My question is...

Q: What is Hasbro planning on doing to make purchasing their product more fan/collector friendly?

Maybe have a Star Wars Collector day at a retail store where a Hasbro rep(s) greets collectors at the store, and the new toys are actually stocked. Maybe Hasbro should have a day at the mid-way point in each line, providing the collectors and fans with a way of catching up on their purchases. Guarantee availability.

How many times do us collectors walk into Target, are greeted by staff with a "Can I help you find something?" only for the staff to tell you that "I can't help you find anything with Star Wars because it's collectible, and I'll get in trouble."

Offline DarthBud

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
    • Trendy MySpace Page
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »

Maybe have a Star Wars Collector day at a retail store where a Hasbro rep(s) greets collectors at the store, and the new toys are actually stocked. Maybe Hasbro should have a day at the mid-way point in each line, providing the collectors and fans with a way of catching up on their purchases. Guarantee availability.

One of the best ideas I've ever heard, and It isn't so far fetched.  If they're serious about keeping collectors happy that would go a long way in my eyes.

Great post Master Frank!
Now the important thing is I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 08:47:31 PM »

One of the best ideas I've ever heard, and It isn't so far fetched.  If they're serious about keeping collectors happy that would go a long way in my eyes.

Great post Master Frank!
If they can do it for Hot Wheels why not SW!?
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 05:37:26 PM »

How many times do us collectors walk into Target, are greeted by staff with a "Can I help you find something?" only for the staff to tell you that "I can't help you find anything with Star Wars because it's collectible, and I'll get in trouble."

Yeah, what the hell!!! I hate this line and I've gotten plenty of them over the last year (about the time ROTS came out). I use to give them a piece of my mind but it really didn't do much. Target really sucks.... Though I do know that TRU will tell you if they have something and even go and get it! However they usually put out what they have so it usually isn't an issue (unlike TARGET).

You guys have come up with some really good questions...

1- Why is there a constant release of certain figures (like vader in every saga wave)?

2- Why not when designing figures use the current SA configuration like with the newer Clonetroopers? (could have used a SA sandtrooper and Cody (right size of course)

3- Why when making "exclusives" are they re-painted molds of older figures? I mean with the higher price and "exclusive" label wouldn't it be worth putting the extra effort into a new mold? The lava vader/obi-wan-TRU holo yoda-TRU holo emperor...

Offline Master Frank

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 07:31:25 AM »
Do we know if Hasbro has ever repainted existing figures as variants and repacked them. Example, the grey clone ROTS pilot warmed the pegs for the majority of last year. If we took a knife to a black variant, would we find the original grey paint job under it. I asked this because I heard that Atari was able to rewrite the data on their not well selling Lynx game cards, relable and released them in new packages as a different game. At least this is what I heard. Are retailers able to return stock that doesn't sell for a credit?

Offline A.D.I.T.L.1979

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • "Nefarious"
    • Erik's Myspace
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »
New question:

Why is Hasbro ending their 2006 waves of TSC in October?  Could we expect another wave around the holiday season?

Erik
"Why so serious?"--The Joker, as played by Heath Ledger, 1979-2008

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
New question:

Why is Hasbro ending their 2006 waves of TSC in October?  Could we expect another wave around the holiday season?

Erik
I hope not I love these Saga Cards! >:(

TAC Coins Needed

Offline reikirex

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 01:38:46 AM »
When Hasbro choses figures are they allowed to use in charcter in any Star Wars product? ie Dark Empire, Bounty Hunter Wars, Droids tv show, clone wars cartoon, Jedi Knight pc games, etc?

Those who can not see the force need only close their eyes and open their mind!

Offline wickedempire

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +44/-0
  • Yes, I'm a Bust Fanactic......
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 11:51:33 AM »
Do we know if Hasbro has ever repainted existing figures as variants and repacked them. Example, the grey clone ROTS pilot warmed the pegs for the majority of last year. If we took a knife to a black variant, would we find the original grey paint job under it. I asked this because I heard that Atari was able to rewrite the data on their not well selling Lynx game cards, relable and released them in new packages as a different game. At least this is what I heard. Are retailers able to return stock that doesn't sell for a credit?

I would guess that they just keep the mold of the figures... As for acutally repainting them I doubt they do, it's just a figure of speech that basically means "hey, here buy the same thing as before just with a new paint application!" (of course clones are to be expected to be the same thing with different paint but for other figures it's just not right!

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »
The other Star Wars sites that I occassionally visit and of course pale in comparison to sandtroopers.com posted answers.

Where are the answers to our questions?