Author Topic: Here is a real bad deal but  (Read 5374 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Here is a real bad deal but
« on: May 10, 2004, 10:56:04 PM »
it is not necessarily online. What gives with Target throwing in the towel on the Sandcrawler??? See there has to be someone with sense, do they remember the Y-Wing? Jedimaster-C sure does and the Skiff did well too. It was the big 12-inch wastes that put Target Exclusives in the crapper. Luke, Leia, TARPALS?!? You get my drift but will and online e-tailer pick up the Sandcrawler and have us all grabbing ankles?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Re:Here is a real bad deal but
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 06:30:47 AM »
It's a total joke that Target scrapped the Sandcrawler.  The only reason I could think of why Target would do that is because of it being a big-ticket item.  They're afraid to put out the money for them, and then they end up being shelf warmers.  Now all of us collectors know for a fact that it wouldn't end up like that, but Target is probably thinking that.

Anyone here work for Target?  If so, can you ask WHY they scrapped the Sandcrawler?

>:(

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +18/-0
  • Sandtroopers.com Graphito Suprema!
    • Sandtroopers.com-Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 02:18:49 PM »
I'm really mad at them scrapping this project! I just hope another chain store snags up this opportunity to turn a profit on a cool Star Wars toy such as the Crawler.

DAMN TARGET! But they still have the best selection of figures in my area. It's a love/hate relationship we have. ;D
Sandtroopers.com -Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 02:48:47 PM »
DAMN TARGET! But they still have the best selection of figures in my area. It's a love/hate relationship we have. ;D

Yeah, the only place I can ever find figures anymore is at Target.  When the original Saga figures were first released they had thousands of them, but then again they came out when EP2 was just out in theaters.  Now the TRUs by me are just barren wastelands, filled with the new X-Wings and Lott Dodd figures.   >:(

Offline SithKnight

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 06:24:18 PM »
Seems like Target has scaled back on just about everything.  Too bad Target didn't give the Sandcrawler a home. :'(

Offline Y-WingJager

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +21/-0
  • "I am a Stormtrooper." "You are a huge nerd..."
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 06:36:53 PM »
   I can tell you why Target got rid of the Sandcrawler, lets just go back, to EPI and POTJ. Target was comitted to get the Y-Wing and the Skiff w/ luke. But they really didnt want these because there was so much EPI stuff left over and they though that this stuff would not sell as well, so they ordered the bare minium that Hasbro had set forth for a exclusive retailer item. Target dropped the sandcrawler because of all of the Saga stuff still one the pegs, and w/ the OTC stuff coming out they just didnt want to mess w/ a exclusive vehicle. (Target had to clearance there Gunships and Jedi fighters.) Wal-mart didnt take it because the cantina set didnt sell well either. So I think that is why retailers are a little gun shy w/ SW stuff still.
We are a extreme fighting force of extraordinary magnitude !!!

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 07:49:48 PM »
Y-WJ, you made some great points there.  If these stores would only buy enough to meet the demand and not buy 3x the amount they really needed, then they wouldn't have this problem.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 12:17:03 AM »
Let's not forget the B-Wing was clearanced to $9.99 and good ol 12" inch waste of space Tarpals and Kaadu. They also took a bath on the 12" Speeder Bike with the exception of the Scout. They had some reason in throwing in the towel. Think about how many of the 'exclusive' accesory packs you saw and for how long? Target is doing what is best for Target. So they think...
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline plo koon 200

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Why the heck am I a llama?!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 12:01:08 PM »
Actually, Darth Spice my two Target's did not get a single B-Wng.  I never saw one and still do not have one.  If anyone has an extra and will be reasonable with the offer I will see what I can do.

Target had to order 100,000 Sandcrawlers whereas with the Y-Wing only 7,500.  That is one reason why the Y-Wing is so rare and another reason why the wouldn't order the Sandcrawler.  The couldn't get away with ordering less than 10,000 of them.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 10:29:20 PM »
My cousin, Agent Tweeny MAY still have a couple extras, bought them just because he thought they would be a Y-Wing. I'll get in touch with him soon. His broke a#$ don't have a PC.

Offline WedgeWannaBe

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +33/-0
  • Yub, yub Commander!
    • Hanger Bay 21:  The Home of Rogue Squadron
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 10:27:13 AM »
Never saw the skiff or B-wing here in west Michigan.  Only through generousity was I able to get a glimpse at them.  As for the crawler, I think this will be something that the e-tailers bend us on and win one for the bad guys.   :(
NEED VINTAGE AND POTF2 Y-WINGS!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 06:24:26 AM »
I can add my $0.02 worth also, we never received the B-Wing, Y-Wing and the Skiff came through once but was gone in 5 minutes.  They were nice enough to give me a rain check for it, but it never rained :'(   SO when I hear people saying they were on clearance at  their store for $9.99, I just go crazy...some stores got way too many and some stores didn't get enough or any at all! >:(   But that's why I love Sandtroopers.com, "United We Find" !  There is usually someone out there that will help you! ;D

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 08:17:17 AM »
SO when I hear people saying they were on clearance at  their store for $9.99, I just go crazy.

I feel exactly the same way when I hear that come out of people's mouths.

But that's why I love Sandtroopers.com, "United We Find" !  There is usually someone out there that will help you! ;D

Thanks for the kind words.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2004, 07:13:51 PM »
You got that right,pall.I was fortunate to get it however but the frusteation of not finding was the problem.Trekking up to Tennesse 80 miles from where I lived and they never had it.I was told that the manager of that Target's toy dept was a scalper.So,he problay opout a ton of the things on ebay.Well,to make a long story short.My Grandfathe(who pasted away in 2001 of cancer)found one for me and the great George Collazo got one for as well.I am still bitter with Target over that.It should not have been that hard to obtain that ship.Chow,boys.

Offline habs98

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +33/-0
  • I do things two ways!!! My way, and my way!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 07:49:48 PM »
Well since everyone is down about the Sandcrawler here is a great deal.  The Sandcrawler for $39.99

Check it out here at SouthernIsland.com
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 07:50:03 PM by habs98 »

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 09:47:38 PM »
Well since everyone is down about the Sandcrawler here is a great deal.  The Sandcrawler for $39.99

Check it out here at SouthernIsland.com

hey Habs, you ever order from here before???????

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline habs98

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +33/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 09:11:07 AM »
No, but  I read a few posts about them without any complaints.  Heard their prices were really good, so I pre-ordered the Sandcrawler.  What the hell, for $39.99 you can't go wrong.

Offline habs98

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +33/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2004, 03:03:13 PM »
Man don't know what happened overnight, but checked the site again and it read $59.99, hope something is wrong there.