Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 53137 times)

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
The NHL Thread
« on: November 13, 2005, 11:21:29 AM »
Since it's not dead, it's time to sound off on the Ol' NHL.  My Detroit Red Wings are on top already, and looking to stay there.  On of the greats, Brett Hull, retired early this season, saying he felt like he could not produce or perform up to his own standards.  I respect him for going out before his numbers crashed!  Blackhawks don't look too bad, but they still have their typical instability.  I was hoping bringing in some veterans woudl straighten them out, but it's a long season, ad who knows what may happen!

Pat

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 09:20:58 PM »
Okay, seriously people.  What's up in the NHL?  I have tried to follow it as usual, but it's kinda hard when the games are rarely televised!  There were some pretty good moves about the league since lasst year.  Brett Hull, one of our time's greatest, retired, and hardly any mention of it!  Joe Thornton, a long time Bruin, was just recently sent to Cali, I think Anaheim or San Jose.  My Detroit Red Wings were off to a roaring start, and slipped as of late.  I know there are hockey fans here, so let's here ya!

Pat

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:09:11 PM »
I used to be a huge NHL fan back in the days when the Blackhawks were a huge threat to other teams (early 90s), but ever since they were taken off of cable TV because of Jerry Reinsdorf I've stopped paying attention to the NHL.  If they were on TV I would love to start watching them again.  However, they're never on TV, and you don't ever hear about them whatsoever.  You think the NHL would try to ink some kind of deal to have a series of NHL channels on cable or satellite TV, to help bring them back from the dead.

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 09:26:05 PM »
Well, I know I'm just about the only guy here who really still cares about pro hockey, but it's playoff time and my team the Red Wings are once again at the top of their game.  #1 in their division and conference, they are currently playing Edmonton and are tied at a game apiece.  I still expect Detroit to take this series, but will have a tough time agains Colorado if/when it gets to it.  In the Eastern Conference, Ottawa seems to be the team to beat.  I'm predicting Detroit and Ottawa in the finals.  However, judging by my horrible ordeal with the NCAA tourney last month, I'm probably going to be way off!

pat

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 09:39:40 PM »
you don't give my Stars much credit now Pat  :question:

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »
To be fair, the Stars are my 2nd favorite team.  However, I have been unimpressed so far with the little play I have seen.  I hope to be proven wrong, but unless they step up all aspects of their game, they're gonna be home in a week.  Hell, I watched them blow a 5-on-3 powerplay, then a 5-on-4 powerplay, and score nothing.  You can't let that happen and expect to win games.

Pat

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »
This year I really wasn't into the NHL even though I was in a fantasy league I just didn't follow all that closely. I was fired to see the Hawks get a good goalie granted my favorite goalie T-bo had to go which sucked but he had been injuried and couldn't stay healthy. I would usually follow the Stars because of Turco I liked him when he was with Michigan. I would see him a few times a year when the UofM would visit Bowling Green State University when I was there.

I think there is an NHL package on cable with the company I have. I didn't get it because I not home enough to watch tv.

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »
I love hockey and have played since I was 7 years old and usually watch every game that I can, but I really didn't watch much at all this season.  I lost interest after the lost season last year.  But it's good to see one of my teams in the playoffs again.  I am a huge Mark Messier fan and have been a NY Rangers fan for 10+ years because of him.  I know he's not there anymore, but it's still good to see them in the playoffs again.

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 07:08:23 PM »
I know not many of you are hockey fans...But tonight is Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals with Carolina vs. Edmonton.

I like Edmonton but wouldn't mind seeing Carolina win for Rod Brindamore, a longtime consistent player in the NHL.

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 04:46:19 AM »
Congrats go out to the Hartford Whalers, er sorry..Carolina Hurricans. Anyone catch the F bomb that went live on the air during the celebration. That was classic.
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 05:31:05 AM »
I am proud to say that I did not watch even one game of the NHL Playoffs, that being said, Congrats to Carolina!

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 06:54:27 AM »
I used to be a huge NHL fan years ago, but I haven't paid much attention to them in recent years. However, I would like to say congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes on their first Stanley Cup championship!  :clap:

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 08:23:57 AM »
Anyone catch the F bomb that went live on the air during the celebration. That was classic.

Yup, caught it. Pretty funny. Congrats to the Whale!

;D

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 10:37:09 AM »
I gotta be honest, I really couldn't care less about this Finals, and I LOVE hockey, but I'm glad the cup stayed in the US and not Canada!

pat

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »
It was cool to see the Canes win. I was kinda pulling for Edmonton though just because they were the 8th seed and their goalies were getting on fire at the right time. I was thinking it was all down hill for them once they lost Roloston, but his backup did come through and help them out.

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »
I'll be back to watching the NHL full force next season.  I didn't watch this season due to the strike/lockout, but did watch some playoff games.

But at least I got to take in some great junior hockey and high school hockey games in Indy to get my fix of hockey.  I love the game

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »
I can't wait for Boston to get an NHL franchise. ::)  :'(

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 05:10:21 AM »
I can't wait for Boston to get an NHL franchise. ::)  :'(

The Bruins need to quit trading away/releasing talent and try to keep a team together for longer than a year.
they remind me of the Blackhawks a few yrs ago when they traded away their captian for 4 yrs in a row.

Speaking of a new franchise I can't wait to see the new AHL sqaud that will be in Worcester this year. There are Sharks signs all over downtown near the DCU center. I missed not having the Icecats around last year. Hopefully the area will get behind the Sharks so they can stay here for a while.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 05:11:34 AM by chewykingwookie »

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 07:22:03 AM »
I agree with you. I can't wait to take in a Sharks game over at the DCU Center. From what I've read, the problem with the Sharks wasn't fan support, it was their management. The original owner of the Cats was a bit on the shady side, and an incompetent businessman as well. He ended up running that team so far into the red that the St. Louis Blues (Their NHL affiliate) had to step in and take the franchise over. They then moved them to Peoria because it was cheaper to run the team there and it was obviously closer to St. Louis.

On the B's front, they're STILL dragging their *ss on a decision regarding their coach (my bet is that he's a goner), they made a decent selection at the NHL Draft Saturday, and they traded former Rookie of the Year Andrew Raycroft to Toronto for a goalie prospect. Not sure about that trade. Raycroft had a down year, but he was on an absolutely brutal team with a poor defense. I would have thought they could have got a bit more for him than what they did. Then again, this is the same franchise that traded the league MVP mid-season for 3 guys whose combined talent is about 40 percent of Thorntons.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 09:56:45 AM »
Well color me shocked with what the Bruins did this weekend. Maybe bringing in the new blood is what they needed (although I still think ownership needs to sell the team and get the frak out of Boston). They managed to sign TWO of the top free-agents out on the market this year, Zdeno Chara and Marc Savard to long-term deals. There is also a rumor floating around town that Brendan Shannahan has contacted Bruins management about wanting to come Boston.

If they keep this up, I may actually care about them this Fall.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 11:19:04 AM »
Looks like one of my true favorite players is retiring today from the Red Wings.  Steve Yzerman is set to announce it today at a news conference.

This guy is simply amazing.
He's been the Wings captain since 1986!!!  A 600+ goal scorer and all-around good guy.

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 11:58:21 AM »
Man, with news like these, I'm thinking my beloved Red Wings may be done for a few years until they can rebuild.  Yzerman is the man in Detroit, and though I'll be sad to see him go, I'd rather see him leave on top.  Shannahan I'm disappointed in.  I did see that Lidstrom signed a 1-year deal, so that's cool.  At least they still have him and Chelios to anchor the defense.  Need to get a couple more high scoring forwards/centers to play along with Zetterburg, as he will be the team's leading scorer now.

Pat

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 12:14:20 PM »
Chris Pronger of the Stanley Cup runner up Edmonton Oilers just got traded to the Ducks for a few players.  He had requested a trade earlier in the season because he wasn't to happy about living in Edmonton.  He didn't have bad feeling toward the team, but wanted a U.S. address.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 03:14:32 PM »
Well color me shocked with what the Bruins did this weekend. Maybe bringing in the new blood is what they needed (although I still think ownership needs to sell the team and get the frak out of Boston). They managed to sign TWO of the top free-agents out on the market this year, Zdeno Chara and Marc Savard to long-term deals. There is also a rumor floating around town that Brendan Shannahan has contacted Bruins management about wanting to come Boston.

If they keep this up, I may actually care about them this Fall.

Looks like the Bruins are trying to take steps in the right direction. I was shocked to see them trade Raycroft, but he became expendable after his backups took over for him when he got injured. If they get Shanny that could be a big boost to the team. Even though I can't stand him because he was part of the Wings just saying that word makes me flinch. lol

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »
I see the Rangers signed Brendan Shanahan today for 1 year/$4million.  I love this signing for my boys and hope it helps them in the playoffs next season

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 07:53:25 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think much of anything will help the Rangers out.  They seem to have the same problems as the Knicks.  Loads of tallent, no production.  Sad to see Shanahan go.  I really wanted him to retire a Wing.

Pat

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 05:10:54 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think much of anything will help the Rangers out.  They seem to have the same problems as the Knicks.  Loads of tallent, no production.  Sad to see Shanahan go.  I really wanted him to retire a Wing.

Pat

Eh, the Rangers made the playoffs and have a very good young goaltender, so I don't quite consider then the Knicks, but I see your point.  And yes, I am a Shanahan fan, and love seeing him on the Rangers, but I too would have liked him to finish out his great career as a Wing.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »
People besides my ex like Shanny damn this is wacked. lol j/k Since he was on the Wings I couldn't stand him being a Hawks fan you can probably imagine why. The only guy I like on the Wings is Chelios.

Anyway, looks like the Rangers added some O to help them out. So that is a definite plus for all the Rangers fans out there.

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 06:49:54 AM »
being a Hawks fan you can probably imagine why.

If you are a Hawks fan, then you should be happy that they just traded for Havlat of the Senators.  He is a scorer and I think he will have a big season for the Hawks next year.  Maybe 40+ goals.

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 10:36:11 AM »
One good scorer won't bring them out of the cellar though.  Havlat will be a boon, but they will need at least on more, plus a solid defensive line and goaltender.  That is the Hawk's problem: They pick up one work horse and put the entire team on his shoulders, and when he can't win them a championship all on his own, they drop him.  I really hate that piece of crap owner...

Pat

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 10:12:05 PM »
I think your Hawks are just a player or two away from doing something like get into the playoffs.  I was actually thinking they might sign Jeremy Roenick back, but he signed with Phoenix.  I know Roenick left on some shaky terms, but he could have helped them.

As for goaltending, Khabibulin will be fine.  He had a rough season but he is good.  Just get a good set of 4 defensemen to anchor the first two lines and he will prove to be much better than last season.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 06:22:38 PM »
I see there aren't all that many hockey fans here... well, let me tell you something. You guys are missing out on one of the greatest, most exciting sports in the world. With the season just starting up, I'm in high gear for some ice time.

Hockey is probably my #1 favorite sport, followed very closely by football and baseball.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!! 

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »
I think your Hawks are just a player or two away from doing something like get into the playoffs.  I was actually thinking they might sign Jeremy Roenick back, but he signed with Phoenix.  I know Roenick left on some shaky terms, but he could have helped them.

As for goaltending, Khabibulin will be fine.  He had a rough season but he is good.  Just get a good set of 4 defensemen to anchor the first two lines and he will prove to be much better than last season.

I was really hoping that the Hawks could have brought back Roenick and Amonte. Not to mention Chelios (I know he is old as hell but it would be great to see him in a Hawks uni one more time before he retires.). Seeing what the Hawks done in the preason (record wise) they could be a good team this year. I didn't watch any games however (not in the midwest any more so I am stuck watching Bruins, which I don't mind because it is hockey and we got some good seats a couple yrs back.) so I am not sure how they looked in each game. I am looking forward to going to some AHL games this year. Worcester, MA got another team for this season the Sharks. The Icecats were the previous team that left last season because the Blues wanted them back in Peroria (sp). It will be interesting to see how they do fan wise and stats wise. What drove the Icecats out was more than likely attendance. It was decent at best most of their final season and that included the playoffs were there were tons of empty seats.

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »

I was really hoping that the Hawks could have brought back Roenick and Amonte. Not to mention Chelios

Maybe for the "Old Timers" game...LOL ;D

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »
Ugh. New GM, new coach, new players, same old Bruins. 2-0 lead with under 4 minutes to play and they lose on a shootout :P >:(

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »
they blew a 2-0 lead with 4 minutes left!  they suck!  that's like the Cowboys losing a game to the Redskins while leading 13-0 and losing 13-14 in the final 2 minutes, unreal...never happened

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »
I see there aren't all that many hockey fans here... well, let me tell you something. You guys are missing out on one of the greatest, most exciting sports in the world. With the season just starting up, I'm in high gear for some ice time.

Hockey is probably my #1 favorite sport, followed very closely by football and baseball.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!! 

Ok...I haven't been around as much as I usually am and just found this post...I can't believe there is another Ranger fan here.  I have been a Messier fan since his early days in Edmonton and I actually wore his #11 for 20 years of playing hockey here in Indy.  I followed him to the Rangers and became a fan of the team and still am.  I didn't follow it as much last season but am ready to roll this season.

Great to have another Ranger fan to follow the season with... ;D

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »
There doesn't seem to be many NHL fans here, but there is one Dallas fan here.  GO STARS!!!  Yeah I know it's early, but 8-1 is pretty good for a team with a whole bunch of new free agents.  I know it doesn't matter much yet, but they look good early.
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 08:37:45 PM »
I too am a Stars fan.  I'm having a tough year with so many players moving around in the offseason I can't keep up!  My #1 team is the Wings, and with Shanahan flying the coup to NY and Yzerman retiring, it doesn't look promising for them.  Zetterburg is the only young meat with scoring capability.  The D is anchored well by Chelios and Lidstrom, my all time favorite player, so that will help, but I fear not enough.  The Hawks don't look half bad so far, and I expect a slightly better year than the past few.  I gotta say though, I hate to see Lindros on the Stars, as he is a big liability.  Isn't there a count down of concussions before he is dead?

Pat

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 08:06:27 AM »
i watch the stars sporadically, when the guys hang out....it has been very frustrating to see them do good in the season and then get bounced so quickly in the post-season  :P

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 08:26:53 AM »
Big hockey fan here too. Unfortunately, between the mediocrity that is the Bruins and the p*ss poor job OLN/VS is doing promoting when games are on I never get to see a game. Another thing that is driving me nuts is the season is what, about 8 games old and the Bruins have already had 2 four-day streches without a game. WTF? Thankfully (?) there is a B's/Canadiens game tonight.

FWIW, my favorite season was the year (mid 90's?) when the season started late and they ended up playing a 50 game season. What was so great about it, to me, was that there was a game on ESPN almost EVERY night. And the nights there was no national game, the B's were on since teams did not have more than one night off in a row. And because the season was so short, every game felt like a playoff game. Awsome. Simply awsome.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 06:27:09 PM »
My favorite team is the Hawks been that way since I was in grade school and my dad introduced me to hockey via a pin ball machine. We had one that had Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull on it. There was a huge Blackhawk head in the middle of the playing area. It was a pretty cool game for being a classic pin ball machine. I also like the Stars mostly for the goaltending they have had in the last 10 yrs (could be less). When Belfour was there I liked them because Crazy Eddie was my favorite tender. Then when they got Turco I followed them as well. I saw him play a bunch of times while he was at Michigan (big fan of that program) while I was going to Bowling Green State University. They played the U of M a few times a year and the place would be filled to the rafters.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 07:29:54 AM »
Well, the B's scr*wed the pooch again last night, although with alot of help from the officials. >:( They lost 3-2 to the Canadiens on a PP goal scored with 1.2 seconds left in the game. The refs called a holding penalty on the B's with 44 seconds to play even though they let a slashing penalty and a holding penalty on the Canadiens go without a whistle in the final 4 minutes of the game. They actually had to call the game after that and not play the final 1.2 seconds because the fans went ape sh*t and started throwing everything that wasn't nailed down onto the ice in the direction of the refs.

Those kind of penalties drive me up the wall. I don't care so much about a penalty being called, so long as you call the game right down the middle. Don't put the whistle away at one end of the ice if you plan on blowing it at the other end.

It was funny watching Dave Lewis, the B's coach at the end. He was waiting for the Refs by the ramp where the leave the ice and they refused to leave the ice unti lhe went to the locker room. They actually all huddled on the toher side of the ice by the scorers table :roflmao:

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 10:06:48 PM »
Oh baby... you gotta love it when you score a goal with 0.7 seconds left in the period!!

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 08:27:56 AM »
Well, the Bruins blew another one out their poopchute last night >:( They had a 4-1 lead over the Buffalo Sabres with 9 minutes to go in the game (9 MINUTES!) and gave up 3 goals to tie it and then lost on penalty shots in OT. What a fracking joke this team is. I had high hopes for them ather they cleaned house in the off-season and brought in guys like Chara, Savard, Mara and Kessel, but they just blow big and mighty chunks.

Thank the maker for the Patriots.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »
Well, the Bruins blew another one out their poopchute last night >:( They had a 4-1 lead over the Buffalo Sabres with 9 minutes to go in the game (9 MINUTES!) and gave up 3 goals to tie it and then lost on penalty shots in OT.

At least it was a screw up to a decent team - the Sabres are 11-0-1 so far this season, so it's not like they lost to the Devils or some other s***ty team  :P

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2006, 07:55:25 AM »
...so it's not like they lost to the Devils or some other s***ty team  :P

When you're as bad as the 'Ruins there are no s**tty teams, THEY are the s**tty team.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 08:26:01 PM »
The Hawks are looking like one of those sh$tty teams people are talking about. They lose their scorer and they go to hell in a hand basket. Damn this sux I was actually expecting a decent year for them. I know it is early and they are still my favorite team. But that won't stop me from liking Turco on the Stars or the MN Wild since I started to like them when I lived in MN right around when they started up. I went to a few games that first season one was a pre-season game against the Hawks got into a luxury box for that one thanks to Borne Computer Group. The other time was regular seats from another consultant group.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2006, 07:37:30 PM »
The hawks fire their coach and replace him with Savard and look they win 3 in a row. Not too bad I think hopefully this will continue and hopefully their leading scorer will come back soon I can't spell his name to save my life so I won't try it. lol

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
I've been holding off on talking about them for fear of a jinx, but the Bruins have seemed to turn their season around after a pathetic start. They're 9-3 in their last 12 and only 5 points out of 2nd in their division.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »
The NHL appears to be fun again, with a great many teams doing well.  Hopefully they will quickly catch on again and regain some popularity.

Pat

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2006, 08:16:13 AM »
The only thing that's got me a bit miffed is the scheduling. I don't mind that division teams are playing each other 8 times a year. I love that the B's are going to be playing Toronto, Buffalo and the Habs alot. Brings back the old rivalries.

The problem is the games are all clustered together. Case in point. We're barely 2 months into the season and the B's & Leafs are playing each other tonight for the 5th time already and the 3rd time in less than 3 weeks!

C'mon NHL, get your act together and space these games out a bit.

The Bruins unveiled their newest forward last night:

;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 10:53:02 AM by DarthWormie »

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 05:45:48 PM »
DAMN, it's been a loooong time since this thread got updated... but the playoffs are right around the corner.

And just FYI - make sure you watch ESPN Sportscenter tonight to see Colton Orr of my New York Rangers knock the f**k outta Todd Fedouryk of the Philadelphia Flyers with a punch to the jaw that knocked that f****r out COLD in the first 21 seconds of the game!!

Now THAT's what I call Hockey!!!

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
Check out the "fight" (if you can call it that) on YouTube:

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2007, 10:30:33 AM »
I know this adds some excitement to the game, but when and where do you draw the line?

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 11:57:12 AM »
Colton Orr is a goon's goon. A dinosaur. Really brings nothing else to the table (or ice). When he was here in Boston, the guy could barely make it into the roster on a regular basis and the Bruins are far from a team stocked with talent.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 11:57:16 AM »
Oddly enough, fighting in the NHL is more regulated and more strategic than people know.  Of course, you get goons like Simon slip through the cracks and do something stupid, but there are well known, unwritten/written rules regarding the fighting.  Most times, it creates a rivalry that involves the teams, fans, owners, even hot dog vendors!  It raises the level of the game, both in intensity of play, and fan appreciation.  But, like I said, there are goons out there that take it to an extreme or behave out of line.  then again, that happens in ALL sports.

Pat

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 02:23:55 PM »
How 'bout them New York Rangers?? Two wins on the road in Atlanta, going home to finish them off. Bring on Round 2!!!

They whisperin about us

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2007, 03:14:02 PM »
The playoffs have been fun to watch so far.  Once again, the Stars seem to like to win only in OT.

Pat

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 11:17:02 AM »
Oh dear the mighty clucks of Anaheim are in the playoffs once again.  Can you buy a team better than these guys?  They are 3-0 against the Wild, when did The Northstars leave for Texas!!  I know it has been 10 years, but I still like to say that.

The LA Kings can't even buy tickets to watch ducks skate in the playoffs.  Here is hoping JS can when the Stanley Cup and the MVP.  Curse you Devils!!  How's the Wales Eastern Conference doing?
Wants  -  Trade  -  Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »
Gotta love it when your team enters the playoffs as the #6 seed, and then sweeps the #3 seed in 4 games to move on to the next round of the playoffs.

Bring on Round 2 baby!!

They whisperin about us

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 07:54:51 PM »
Very nice Dave!  It's about time the Rangers began to return to glory.  My Wings are working hard in the West, and I have faith in them.  Dallas (my 2nd favorite team) can't seem to make up their minds either, as it looks like they're tied at 2 apiece in their series.

Pat

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 07:55:47 PM »
Dallas has a knack to find a way to lose

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 09:02:36 PM »
Gotta love it when your team enters the playoffs as the #6 seed, and then sweeps the #3 seed in 4 games to move on to the next round of the playoffs.

Bring on Round 2 baby!!

Sounds great for the Rangers.  Mean while, the Ducks get roasted by the Wild.  Hopefully, they can pull though with a win on Thursday at the pond, er Honda Center.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 06:21:10 PM »
Yeesh, If the NHL holds a league championship and noo-ne posts about it, does it actually place? :-\

I thought MLB took a whacking when they blew off the world series back in the 90's, but what's happening to the NHL since they canceled their season a few years back takes the cake. Absolutely ZERO interest in the Stanley Cup this year.

Personally I thought this years playoffs were pretty darn good. Two teams that deserved to be playing for the cup were. Too bad Ottawa had nothing left for the finals.

Anyone out there have interest in the draft this coming weekend? It starts on Friday night with the first (and maybe the 2nd) round with the remaining rounds to be done on Saturday. FWIW, all 30 teams will be rolling out their new Reebox Edge uniforms over the next couple of days. A few of them have already leaked and they look like long-sleeved versions of NFL jerseys.

Here's hoping the Bruins didn't screw up their uni's. It's a bad enough product on the ice as is, seeing them without the spoked "B" would be blasphemy.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »
HERE is how DEAD the NHL is. I was told re-runs of Mommas Family pulled a better rating than the last game of the Cup Finals!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
The NHL Thread
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »
I used to be a huge hockey fan so was my wife for that matter, but the past couple of yrs we haven't watched a game. I barely follow it anymore. For me the holdout was what ruined it. I went to AHL games in Worcester that year and liked that better. This year I went to one AHL game for the new team the Sharks. Who knows what next year will bring hopefully more interest out of me.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »
It's funny, because all year long I can pretty much watch just about any hockey game that's on TV. And in my area, that's pretty much every night, since the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders are all "local" and all have their own stations to show every game. And I can watch any game, any night. Obviously the Rangers take precedence over any other team.

Even once the playoffs start, I usually watch a game every night. But for some reason, once my team is out of the playoffs, I'm done watching. I can't watch any other playoff games once my Rangers are out (which has been pretty early in recent years, when they've made it at all  ::) ).

So yeah, once they lost to the Sabres, I gave up watching hockey. I wasn't even sure who won between the Sabres and the Senators.

They whisperin about us

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 07:12:28 PM »
The Ducks are king here in SoCal.  What else do LA fans cheer for when USC football is in the off season and Lakers are playing so bad?  Come Sept I bet you can ask anyone in LA and they would not know for sure who won the Cup.  I still like the LA Kings, but it has been hard to root for them with them being so bad.  I guess I have to give the Ducks some respect for win the cup this year.

Quack!!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »
there was a championship series? 

congrats to the Ducks, anyone named after a disney movie team deserves to win just once

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »
there was a championship series? 

You what else is funny the Stanly Cup Finals started on the last day of CIV.  It was on versus network, no broadcast station here in the SoCal picked them up.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »
what kind of garbage is that?  i can hear jabberjaw now  "I get no respect, no respect I'm tellin ya"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:21:37 PM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »
...i can hear jabberjaw now...

Yeesh. You're showing your age with that reference Dave. ;) Then again, so am I because I know exactly who you're talking about. :doh:

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »
...i can hear jabberjaw now...

Yeesh. You're showing your age with that reference Dave. ;) Then again, so am I because I know exactly who you're talking about. :doh:
Wub wub wub wubbbbaaa yahaaa
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2007, 06:23:09 AM »
aaahh, at least it wasn't a wasted reference point, thanks guys
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:23:37 PM by Lt. Starfox »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »
I was told re-runs of Mommas Family pulled a better rating than the last game of the Cup Finals!

I'm still laughing my ass off at this one!!!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2007, 06:58:16 AM »
That's what's so sad about the NHL because their playoffs are probably (next to the SuperBowl) the most entertaining out of all the 'major' sports. Every year you get a ton of sudden death overtime games that can sometimes last 2-3 extra periods.

On the uniform front, the Bruins unveiled some kick-*ss new duds at the draft this year. Very retro looking. Now all I hope is that they can put some talent in them this year.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2007, 12:24:20 PM »
Deedub,
  I don't see the difference between the old one and the new.  I guess that's what they are going for.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2007, 01:56:07 PM »
Here's what they've been wearing for the past 12 years or so:

They also modified the "B" on the jersey a bit.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2007, 03:50:19 PM »
Classic, and true to the old school... but a modern update. I like it.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »
First day of free agency and some huge moves being made already.... the New York Rangers signed Chris Drury and Scott Gomez today. That's a huge boost to our first two lines... I can't wait for the new season to start!!

The Devils lost not only Scot Gomez, but Brian Rafalski as well... sucks for them. And I can't believe that Daniel Briere went to Philly... Jason Blake to Toronto...

They whisperin about us

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2007, 10:08:19 PM »
that should pump up the Rangers some more.  Did Shanahan finally retire then?  It's high time the Rangers returned to some of their former glory.  As for me and My Wings, it'll take some tweaking to return to the Cup hunt.  I think goaltending will be key.

Pat

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2007, 10:11:57 PM »
I didn't read anything about Shanahan retiring... I think he should be able to play one more season, and then re-sign with the Wings to retire as one. I think that would be only right.

They whisperin about us

Offline Jedi Scholar 8

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2007, 06:18:40 AM »
I completely agree with that.  Shanahan should definitely retire as a Wing.

Pat

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2007, 06:40:41 AM »
Wow, I didn't hear about the Rangers signings. That's pretty impressive. So where does that leave them with the salary cap? They've got to be pretty close to maxing it now. Shannahan hasn't retired yet. At the end of the season he said he wanted to play one more year with the Rangers. Not sure if they'll be able to afford him now though. I wouldn't mind seeing him come to Boston for a season.

Speaking of the Ruins, they picked up Manny Fernandez from the Wild yesterday for a prospect and 4thround pick.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »
Speaking of the Ruins, they picked up Manny Fernandez from the Wild yesterday for a prospect and 4thround pick.

That's a great pickup, should help out a lot. At least with the defense.

They whisperin about us

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2007, 04:00:10 PM »
Manny going to the Bruins will definitely be a major step up in the goalie department. He has been very solid the last few yrs and should be able to help out a Bruins team that needs a solid goalie.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
I guess signing 2 high profile centers means you can lose one of your current best... Washington Caps signed Michael  Nylander, one of my favs from last year...  :'(

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:47 AM »
Nylander is one of those guys everyone wants on their team. He was on the Bruins briefly the season before the strike. The B's had a great team that year (Nylander, Gonchar, Murray, Thornton, Samsonov; Bergeron, Raycroft & Potvin in net) and the effing management blew the team up.

I'm guessing the Rangers may be saying 'bye-bye' t oa few more players. The cap is $50M and they have $29M locked up in 3 players (Drury, Gomez and Jagr).

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2007, 10:23:28 AM »
Did I hear right that the NHL is looking to EXPAND again? WHY? Nobody goes to the games now and they are in cities like Columbus! I really am paying more attention to the newspaper now that the Hawks have picked up the #1 pick and have made a couple moves. Maybe he's the next great white hope!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
No, no, no, no. There's talk of the Predators being sold and moved to Kansas City (Yeah, a real hockey hotbed). Someone up in Hamilton wanted to buy the team and move them to Canada (where there should be more teams) and the jack-*ss owner turned down that offer to sell them to the KC group...for $50M less :o

No wonder the NHL can't make a buck.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »
NHL expansion!!!  oh my... :stupid:
I guess it's time Las Vegas gets one.  :P

Offline Trooper Larry

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P Counter Intelligence/Computer Specialist
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
Expansion??? Gary Bettman needs to figure out how to get the regular season games televised on national tv again. Better yet, he needs to figure out how to get fans to start coming back to the arenas. I live in a so called hot bed for high school hockey players, and the local minor league team is lucky to get 1000 fans a game.
Words can be broken, and so can bones. Execute the mandate.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
The NHL Thread
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2007, 05:10:57 AM »
Did I hear right that the NHL is looking to EXPAND again? WHY? Nobody goes to the games now and they are in cities like Columbus! I really am paying more attention to the newspaper now that the Hawks have picked up the #1 pick and have made a couple moves. Maybe he's the next great white hope!

They have talked about expanding to Vegas for a few yrs now as well as some cities in Canada. I highly doubt they do another expansion for a while. I think they need to concentrate on getting people back in the seats they strike kill what was a good thing.

I am interested to see what else the 'Hawks are going to do. Signing Lang will help out and hoping the #1 pick this year will be a good one. I have heard rumors of trading Bulin which would suck I do think he could be a damn good goalie if he can stay healthy and they get some help in front of him. A goalie is as good as the folks in front of him. I know this for the yrs I back stopped teams. I played on some bad teams that is for sure where I would get peppered every night for at least 100 shots on goal. I think we lost every game but that didn't matter to me I led the league in most goalie stats so I was happy. lol The following season some of the guys from that team went on their own got another goalie and didn't do much better with that one he got shelled worse than I did. When my team played theirs I stoned them big time proving how bad they sucked I let up one goal. The team I had didn't have the best players but they did what they had to in order to win they played good D, passed the puck, and communicated. So what if some of them couldn't skate worth a darn they did made up for it with heart and determination. We ended up making it to the championship game that season, which we lost by 1 goal a cheap shot that wasn't even in the net but was counted.

Anyways, I may start to keep up on hockey this year. I do plan on going to more AHL games and maybe a Bruins game if and only if they play the Hawks. lol

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2007, 10:15:39 PM »
Looks like its about time to resurrect this thread, since the season starts next week!!

So, where does your team stand?

As for my New York Rangers, I think the off season additions of players like Scott Gomez and Chris Drury can only help us dominate the Eastern Conference. We had a good run last year, and I expect big things from my Blueshirts this year too.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »
The Rangers did make some nice additions, but they completely overpaid for them IMO.

I haven't been a big follower of the Bruins for a few years. They had a great team in 04, but since the strike, the ownership has really let the fans down. Trading Joe Thornton for a bunch of scrap was the last straw. I know I'll watch a few games this season, but right now, they're the #4 team in town.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »
As much as I've said I hate him, you can't wish death on anyone. BUT hell, I wonder does this mean Hawks games will be on TV???? PLEASE GOD?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3036711

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »
I was shocked to see that the Hawks owner passed away. I wonder if the next owner will actually try to spend money to get more talent on the team. Right now I would take roenick and Cheli back in a heart beat. Granted they are both old and worn down but in my eyes they will always be a Hawk. They both left because of the ownership.

Anyways, enough about that it is a sad day for the Hawks organization hopefully this won't affect moral too much.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2007, 07:16:32 AM »
Don't worry Hawks fans, all of the NHL fns around the country knew what a cheap so-and-so your owner was. The Hawks had some unbelievable teams back in the early 90's and he blew them up rather than pay them. Then when people stopped going to the home games, he stopped televising them figuring he could force people to pay to see that inferior product in person.

The old saying goes that you should never speak ill of the deceased, but his 'departure' from the Hawks is the best thing that could happen to that franchise.

Unfortunately, that now means the Boston Bruins officially have the worst ownership in the league. :(

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2007, 09:29:56 AM »
ESPN flushed all talk and coverage of the NHL once they dropped the NHL games and picked up the NBA. The worst part of it is they still have Barry Melrose on their payroll. You never see the guy unless something big goes down or it's the playoffs. >:(

Versus coverage of the NHL has been getting better. Their first season of coverage was just brutal. Nothing against the Flyers or Devils, but it seemend that 80 percent of the televised games that year included atleast one of those teams.

It does bother me though that Versus didn't televise ANY preseason games.

I was reading a story on I thing the NHL homepage over at ESPN.com and they mentioned the NHL is considering expansion again. WTF?!? Rumor is they want 2 more franchises. One in Vegas and another one in either Kansas City or maybe a Canadian market. They have teams filing for bankruptsy and trying to move and they want to ADD teams? No wonder they are now considered a 2nd tier sport.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »
i just think us southern states didn't grow up on hockey, so it dosn't really do well here, period.....expansion of the NHL is not a good idea

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2007, 10:24:51 AM »
Well, the season is under way!!

Looks like the Avs got some nice pickups in the offseason as I watched that game last night. Jaroslav Hlinka looks like he could have a good year, and goaltender Peter Budaj looks pretty solid.

I'm going to be flipping back and forth tonight watching the Rangers opener against Florida and the Yankees playoff opener against Cleveland.

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2007, 04:03:49 PM »
Statsny on the Avs looks crazy GOOD!!!

Ottawa's normal scorers are already rockin' too!  Heatley is going to lead the league in goals this season.  That was my pick before the season began.

My Rangers better do some damage this season after their big $$ signings.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2007, 04:54:25 PM »
Statsny on the Avs looks crazy GOOD!!!

Yeah, I forgot to mention him from the opener I watched. He did play a tremendous game.

My Rangers better do some damage this season after their big $$ signings.

Well, 2-2-0 so far, but the good news is that King Henrik hasn't let up more than 2 goals in either loss. He's a solid goaltender, one of the best in the league IMO. If they can get the offense to click they have a great shot at winning a lot of games.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
Well, 2-2-0 so far, but the good news is that King Henrik hasn't let up more than 2 goals in either loss.

D'oh. Spoke too soon...  :-\

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
Well, 2-2-0 so far, but the good news is that King Henrik hasn't let up more than 2 goals in either loss.

D'oh. Spoke too soon...  :-\

LOL...yep...but it was that damn Heatley and Ottawa's high scoring team that did him in.

I like seeing Crosby on the board last night for the Pens.  He's a great player over there.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2007, 06:00:26 PM »
I guess the Flyers are living up to that "dirty players" image they have... two suspensions already this season (one during a pre-season game!!)...

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »
f**k.

The f*****g Rangers are now losing to the 0-6 Atlanta Thrashers 4 - 0.

Unbelievable. Earlier in the week my Seahawks give the New Orleans Saints their first win of the season, and now the Rangers are letting the Thrashers kick their asses for THEIR first win of the season...  ::)

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2007, 09:50:34 PM »
Relax man. Unless they turn into the NHL's version of the Knicks, they'll be just fine. Besides, when 60% of the teams make the playoffs, the last thing you should be sweating is the result of the 7th game of the season.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2007, 05:42:37 PM »
My Rangers and the Sens are the teams that will play for the chance to go for the Cup.  Rangers are a bit "off" right now, but they will be there in the end.  Have faith Jokabofe :)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2007, 03:15:42 PM »
I know it's too early to really start worrying, but two games in a row you lose 1 - 0?? In shootouts??? Come on, with all the high powered offense, we can't score a goal during 60 minutes? At least King Henrik is playing amazingly these past two games, but we need one of those 50 goal scorers on our squad to get one... I mean, seriously, how many guys do we have that can score and/or have scored 50 goals in a season... Jagr, Shannahan, Drury, Gomez, Straka... we have some offense, we just need to find it. If the D can play like this for the rest of the season (yeah right  ::) ) we'll be okay I guess...

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »
Agree with you on the offense.  We definately have it on the team, we just need it to produce.

I thought Jagr would get 50 this season and had Shanny pegged for 40+.

We'll see...

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2007, 08:04:15 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mean that all of those guys will get 50 goals this year... just that they all have the potential to do it. Although if they could all hit 50 that would be great  :P

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »
I MIGHT actually be a hockey fan again, I heard on WSCR the Score this am that they are in negotiations to get Blackhawk games on TV, FINALLY! THE BODY ain't even cold yet and they're already doing what Wirtz should have done EONS ago!

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2007, 04:43:40 AM »
just you guys watch and see the leafs are sooo taking the cup this year ;) ::)

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
Yeah, I didn't mean that all of those guys will get 50 goals this year... just that they all have the potential to do it. Although if they could all hit 50 that would be great  :P

I hear ya...

13 goals in 8 games is not going to cut it.  Even in junior hockey!!  Once they get a good game under their belt, maybe 4 or 5 goal game, they will get rolling.  They are too good not to.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2007, 09:28:10 AM »
Wow, so what is that now... 2 straight shutouts for King Henrik (not including shootouts)?? At least we scored 2 goals last night...

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Well it took him over a year to do it, but Chara FINALLY dropped the gloves and kicked the cr*p out of someone last night.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2007, 02:13:32 PM »
Wow, so what is that now... 2 straight shutouts for King Henrik (not including shootouts)?? At least we scored 2 goals last night...

And to top it off, we beat NJ!!  That's what makes it so sweet...

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2007, 02:29:04 PM »
At this point, any victory is sweet.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2007, 07:23:38 AM »
I guess the Flyers are living up to that "dirty players" image they have... two suspensions already this season (one during a pre-season game!!)...

Add a third to the list. I can't believe Jones only got a 2-game suspension for his cheap and dirty hit on the Bruins Patrice Bergeron over the weekend.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
Rangers win 3-1 last night.  Jagr lost some teeth and still scored the game winner.  I hope that gets him rolling with a string of point-games or something...

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
Is King Henrik on fire or what? He has played pretty much amazing all season with the exception of 1 or 2 games... if only our offense could keep up, we could have a much better record than 6-6-1 right now. 3 shutouts and only 5 goals against in last 6 starts. And that includes 3 goals given up to Toronto. We're only 4-2 in that stretch. With those stats we should be 6-0 during that stretch. If he keeps this up for the entire season, could an MVP be far away?

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2007, 09:38:41 AM »
Henrik is rock solid and I see him having a great season.  Once our offense decides to show up consistantly, our Rangers will be very tough to beat come playoff time.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
WOW, tack yet ANOTHER shutout for King Henrik... that makes 4 in the first 14 games. 22 in a season is the record, if he keeps this up maybe he has a shot at it??

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2007, 09:51:06 PM »
You guys are all into game, I'm just stoked about being able to see SEVEN whole home games this season!!!  :o

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »
I've been a Rangers fan since I was 7 (almost 31 years now, yikes). I've always gotten excited about the season, but it makes it extra special when the Rangers actually have a player worth watching. Every few years someone gets picked up, or starts playing amazing hockey for them, and it makes it so enjoyable to watch. This year (much like the end of last season) it looks like that player is King Henrik.

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 05:38:07 PM »
Imagine what it'd be like to NEVER be able to see a Rangers game on TV? I'm pretty happy with "Rocky" Wirtz going to TV with this team. There is an entire generation who don't care/know about the Hawks. It's been a long time since Cheli, Roenick and Belfour.  :'(

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2007, 10:09:22 PM »
Rangers win tonight to get back on track.  Gomez on the board tonight.

That Washington/Ottawa game.  Washington won and Ovechkin had 1G,1A...but he also had 10 SOG!!!  That's crazy! 

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
Imagine what it'd be like to NEVER be able to see a Rangers game on TV? I'm pretty happy with "Rocky" Wirtz going to TV with this team. There is an entire generation who don't care/know about the Hawks. It's been a long time since Cheli, Roenick and Belfour.  :'(

Those were the modern glory days. Crazy Eddie got me into being a goalie back in the day. There was once one helluva team in Chi-town too bad it had to be broken up.

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »
Kovalchuk is rolling in Atlanta with 15 goals now after last night.  That guy is a great scorer.

But what is this Cammelleri guy in LA doing with 12 goals?  He has barely scored 30 in a season and now he's rockin' it. 

Some new faces getting the back of the net this year.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »
A Rangers victory is sweet.

A Rangers victory over the Devils  >:D is sweeter.

A Rangers victory over the Devils  >:D on the road is about as sweet as it gets.

It wasn't the prettiest game, but whatever works.

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:53 AM »
In NJ is the best kind of win we can get.  Now if our boys can follow that up with a win in Philly tonight, I'd be really happy.  Philly is rolling right now, so it's a tough game, but would be very nice to get the "W" and pass them into 1st in our division. 8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:16:25 AM by jedichirp »

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »
I know it's early in the season, but with the win over Philly tonight, the Rangers are in 1st place in their division. And man, it feels nice.

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2007, 06:47:16 AM »
The win does put them in 1st due to it being over Philly.  And, yes, it's early.  But it's nice to know that they aren't scoring alot yet and still able to be in this position.  I know the scoring will come eventually.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »
And another 2 points, coupled with a Philly loss, puts us up by 2 in 1st place  ;D

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2007, 09:17:44 AM »
Tuukka Rask FINALLY made his debut for the Bruins last night and had a great game. He stopped 30 of 32 shots and the B's came back from 2-0 down to beat the Leafs 4-2.

Yeah it's only one game, but the kid looked real good.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2007, 08:29:02 AM »
What's going to take for the NHL to crackdown on the Flyers for all these cheap hits this year? Paralysis? Death?

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:44 AM »
I listened to a great interview this morning with Rocky Wirtz, seems the new campaign is working and they've added 4 more home games to the TV shedule! SEE all you guys are pumped about the GAME, I'm excited just to see it back on TV!  ;D

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »
Tuukka Rask FINALLY made his debut for the Bruins last night and had a great game. He stopped 30 of 32 shots and the B's came back from 2-0 down to beat the Leafs 4-2.

Yeah it's only one game, but the kid looked real good.

yeah but beating the leafs is not much of a accomplishment  ;)

Didnt the leafs trade Rask off to Boston too?

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »
yeah but beating the leafs is not much of a accomplishment  ;)

It is for the Bruins....

Didnt the leafs trade Rask off to Boston too?

Yes they did, for the rotting corpse of Andrew Raycroft  :roflmao:

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2007, 02:42:43 PM »
Another big win for the Rangers last night!!

After a 4 game skid, we stay 3 points ahead of the Isles and tied for 1st with Philly. Hopefully they can get another nice long win streak going.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »
BIG win over the Senators today... sure they aren't playing as well as they were early in the season, but they are still considered a top team. Couple that with a Flyers loss and we are now in possession of 1st place all by ourselves  ;D

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »
Wow, it's been a while since this thread got bumped. Not too many good things going on with my Rangers, that's for sure. Instead of being in first like they were in my last post here, they are now struggling to make a playoff spot. Still a LOT of hockey left to play before the season ends, but with the way the Rangers have been playing recently, who knows what will happen. They seem to be very streaky, win 4, loose 6, win 6 lose 8...  :-\

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »
The Rangers are one of the bigger disappointments of the season. With the moves they made in the offseason combined with the talent they already had, they should be doing alot better than 7th in the division.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
talk about a disappointment look no further than the Hawks. I was hoping for a good season from them this year and it started off alright now they are in the cellar. I need to follow hockey a lil more, but since I don't play anymore I find it hard to follow it. kinda lost the interest.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »
How sharp do you think hockey skates are? Take a look at this clip:

Richard Zednik has cartoid artery cut by skate

You can't really see it well during the live, fast motion portion of the video but if you watch it at around the 1:53 mark in slow motion you can see the spray of blood shooting out of Zeknik's cartoid artery onto the ice.

It's amazing that things like this don't happen more often.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »
i heard about that yesterday and was wondering how a guy cut his neck in hockey with a skate, what a freak incident

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2008, 10:28:51 PM »
Just got the 'good' news that the Patriots (disasterous) flirtation with perfection is going to cost an additional $14 per ticket per game next year. >:(

Maybe I should be thanking the Giants. I'm sure if they went undefeated they would probably be looking for $25 more a ticket. >:( >:(

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »
That's great and all... but... why are you putting this in the hockey thread?

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »
i heard about that yesterday and was wondering how a guy cut his neck in hockey with a skate, what a freak incident

I'm not that avid a hockey fan to know how often does something like this occur? You'd think they'd have something better to protect their necks?

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2008, 08:15:58 AM »
The last time a slash to the neck this severe happened in the NHL was to Clint Malarchuk back in the late 80's/early 90's. After that, goalies started wearing throat guards that hung from the bottom of their masks.

Short of wearing chain mail turtlenecks, I'm not sure what the 'skaters' on the ice can do.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
Weird/coincidental thing about that is that Malarchuk played for the Buffalo Sabres, the team that Zednik was playing against.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
WOW, the Rangers have a 5 - 0 lead halfway through the game, only to lose in an OT shootout. What a let down. A 5 - 0 lead in Hockey is like a 28 point lead in football. And the game was half over!! You're not supposed to lose.  :'(

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2008, 08:49:44 AM »
I heard about that Canadiens/Rangers game yesterday. I guess that's both the biggles comeback in Canadiens history and the biggest blown lead in Rangers history.

My brother took his younger son to the Islanders/Sharks game on Monday. During a stoppage in play in the 1st period, the ref skated over to where they were sitting (front row), pointed to my nephew and then tossed him the puck over the glass.

The kid was on cloud nine the rest of the game.  ;D

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2008, 03:37:45 PM »
It's been a while since this thread was bumped, but the second season begins tomorrow!!

I still can't believe that the freaking Rangers couldn't win that last game against the Devils to gain the home ice advantage.

Anyway I'm still psyched to start the playoffs. No better playoff sport than Hockey IMO. Sure it'll drag on for 2 months, but that's half the fun. With the Rangers playing the Devils in the first round, we should be able to advance. We took 7 of 8 games this season already, and overall in the history of playoff match-ups we've taken 3 of 4 series.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »
GREAT win tonight for my Rangers over the Devils to take game one, 4-1. 3 more to go  8)

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2008, 07:58:58 PM »
And the Rangers take Game 2 in NJ... wow. Out of 10 games between the Rangers and Devils this season, the Rangers have now taken 9 of them. And are returning home with a 2-0 lead. Can't beat that.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2008, 09:08:31 AM »
the Stars are about to beat the defending champion Ducks in the 1st round...all hail Dallas !

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »
I refuse to get caught-up in what the Bruins are doing. That said, it would be nice to see the Canadiens choke this series away. Even better would be the shutting up of their self-entitled, Ole-ole singing fans.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2008, 10:41:05 AM »
Rangers are set to close the door on the Devils tonight... can't wait to see the game. The 4 games they have played so far have been pretty good, and very entertaining. The Rangers have outplayed the Devs in every aspect of the game, every game so far... even the game the Rangers lost, they only lost because the Devs scored 3 "lucky" goals (off a Rangers' D stick, off Shanahan's leg, and off a Rangers' D skate in OT) and even when the refs wore Devils jerseys last game (missed at least 3 blatant calls) the Rangers STILL managed to come out on top. It will be interesting to see who wins these first round games and what the second round games matchups will be.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »
Well it also doesn't help the Rangers that the league won't let Avery act like @ss in front of the net anymore. ::)

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »
You know... that was really... uhm.... weird. I don't know what the hell he thought he was doing. And it didn't really seem to do anything. It's not like a goal was scored while he was doing that. But yeah, I thought it was wrong. Funny... but wrong. But you have to love Sean Avery. He's that guy that you love to have on your team and hate to play against.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
that's who that was....the NHL sure didn't take very long to make a written rule about it, did they?  ;)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »
I thought it was wrong. Funny... but wrong. But you have to love Sean Avery. He's that guy that you love to have on your team and hate to play against.

I agree with you. When I first saw the clip I'm thinking to myself "what an @sswipe" then as it went on and he's still doing it I started laughing my @ss off. He looked like a freaking lunatic out there.

What surprised me even more is that not one of Brodeur's teammates came over to knock Avery on his keester. Geez, Avery was lucky someone like Scott Stevens wasn't back there on D. He would have cleaned Avery's clock toot-sweet.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:48 AM »
What surprised me even more is that not one of Brodeur's teammates came over to knock Avery on his keester.

That's exactly what I said. Everyone wants to run and make changes to the rule book... just knock him out of the way, and it's over. I realize that it was a 5-on-3 powerplay, but still. Knock his ass down, and the whole thing is done. No new rules. No questions to everyone in every interview about it.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »
AND the Rangers close out the series with the Devils!!

And what a bad sport Brodeur is. Sure, there is a little 'history' between he and Avery, but after the game was over Avery tried to shake hands and Brodeur refused. a**h**e.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »
And what a bad sport Brodeur is. Sure, there is a little 'history' between he and Avery, but after the game was over Avery tried to shake hands and Brodeur refused. a**h**e.

If 2 guys have a history and one refuses to shake hands with another, I have no problem with that. Would Avery have been lining up with a sh*t-eating grin to shake Brodeur's hand if the Rangers had lost?

I still remember Chris Draper being disgusted with himself for shaking Claude Lemieux's hand at the end of a Red Wings/Avs series back in the 90's. Lemieux cheap shot Draper from behind and ****ed up his face pretty bad.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2008, 09:30:18 PM »
I guess I can understand that a little, but come on. EVERY PLAYER on the Devils hates Avery now, and every player on the Devils was in a s***ty mood. Yet every player shook his hand. They all shook Gomez's hand too, even though they probably all hate him for bailing on the Devs and taking a good part of their offense across the river. Teammates hate it when you leave for more money, but they hate it ten times worse when you sign with a rival.

Kinda like when someone on the Yanks signs with Boston, or vice versa. Old teammates and friends would be no more. How much love is there for Roger Clemens up that way now?

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2008, 02:20:08 PM »
And now the Avs (my fav "West Coast" team) finish off the Wild last night to advance.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm pulling for Boston  :o to beat Montreal AND for Philly to beat Washington...this way the Rangers would play the Flyers (and shouldn't have too hard a time finishing them off) and let Boston try and take out the Pens. I really just hate Sidney Crosby, and not by any fault of his own. It's all the damn media hype that surrounds the kid, and how many people keep calling him "the next Gretzky".

Give me a break.

The kid's good, but he's not that good. I mean, Gretzky had a 92 goal season (that's better than a goal per game average) AND a 215 point season (that's almost 3 points per game average). I don't think ANYONE will ever get to those point totals, not because no one is as skilled, but just because of the difference in the game. The game has definitely taken a more defensive turn, goalies are better, defenses play the trap way too often... no one is going to catch up with those numbers.

Ovechkin had 65 goals and 112 points this season, and people are going nuts about how amazing he is and how hard he is to stop. And those numbers don't even come close to the records.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2008, 07:59:04 AM »
I've kind of been down on the Bruins the past few years, largely due to the inept management that has run the franchise into the ground, but the last couple of games have been an absolute joy to watch. When the series first started, I thought they'd be lucky if they won a game. If they won 2 it would gravy. But to think they've comeback to tie the series at 3 and have a legitimate chance to win it is downright amazing. If they do, I honestly think it will be the best sports moment in Boston this year, and that's saying alot.

They don't have anywhere close to the talent the Canadiens have. but the fact that not only are they skating with them, but they've pretty much outplayed them the last 2 games is unbelievable.

With game 7 being tonight, they should have the focus of the entire town on them. Which hasn't happened in a long time. The marathon will be over and the Sox have a morning game today. Not only would a win tonight be great for hockey in this area, but it would be so sweet to see 15,000 obnoxious Canadiens fans quietly exiting the arena.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2008, 08:01:19 AM »
Stars beat the Ducks and move on to round 2

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
Well, I was really pulling for Boston, but it looks like they just couldn't do it.

And I think it's f****d up that Montreal, with a 4-0 lead and :05 seconds left scored another goal, and not an empty netter.

I also love the fact that just about every team in the NHL has taken the Rangers' fan salute at the end of every game  ::)

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
Well, I was really pulling for Boston, but it looks like they just couldn't do it.

And I think it's f****d up that Montreal, with a 4-0 lead and :05 seconds left scored another goal, and not an empty netter.

I also love the fact that just about every team in the NHL has taken the Rangers' fan salute at the end of every game  ::)

The Canadiens (and their fans) are classless frauds. It took them 7 games to beat a vastly inferior team that everyone was predicting would get swept. The empty net goal was as bush as it gets and I was really disappointed that a single Bruin didn't step up and put a Canadien through the glass.

I now have a new favorite team in the playoffs. Whoever is playing Les Fraudiens.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »
So I guess you're rooting for the Flyers then, as they just beat the Caps in OT. So it's Rangers vs. Pens (yikes) and Habs vs. Flyers in the East.

I honestly think that in a 7 game series, the Rangers CAN take the Pens down. It will probably take all 7 games, but I think that Henrik and the boys will be up to the task of taking out the Pens.

They whisperin about us

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
not that i watch hockey but that is a disappointment. come back from 3-1 to tie the series at 3-3 and then lose game 7 in OT.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
Then the Canadiens fans spill out into the streets and start burning stuff left and right.

You stay classy Montreal.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »
Well, it looks like the lengthy wait for the 2nd round did some harm to my Rangers, as they looked a little rusty out there last night. Not that the Pens looked all that spectacular either, after having 9 days off without a game. The Rangers played like crap from start to finish, especially on D, yet they managed to keep the game close - even though they gave up a 3 - 0 lead  :-\

Hopefully game 2 goes a little differently.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2008, 07:42:48 AM »
Alright, I know I already admitted to finding a bit of humor in Avery's antics against he Devils, but what he pulled the other night demands some 'tough love' from the commissioner's office. The guy is a serious doosh.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:42 AM »
What did he do now?

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
He slashed Penguin's goalie Fleury at the end of the game after the Penguins cleared the puck to end the game. seemed pretty bush-league.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »
not sure what he did, but I do know that the Stars won again

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
I'm starting to get a little worried that the Rangers aren't going to be able to win this series against Pittsburgh. And now with the injuries to a few players last night - including Sean Avery and his ruptured spleen - it looks even worse.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
Well, I feel bad for the Flyers, because after watching the Pens against the Rangers, it's obvious that the NHL has a hard-on for Crosby and his team, and told the refs to swallow their whistles on anything resembling a penalty on them. When Malone can jab Chris Drury with a stick, in the face, and cut him to the point where the blood runs so bad that they need to scrape the ice before the game can continue... and Ruutu can push and trip players like Jagr without a penalty... then I don't know what any team can do to beat them.

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »
When they scored 2 goals in like NO TIME flat in the 3rd I thought NY could make a run. Without Avery, it was pretty much over after that. Jagr ain't what he once was, I'm shocked he's STILL playing actually.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2008, 09:14:29 PM »
Yeah, I know it's easy to just say the refs f****d the Rangers, and not that they didn't play well. But the officiating in this series was just downright horrid. It's one thing to say that you're going to let the little stuff go, and let the guys play, and that's great - I love to see a nice, fast paced, hard hitting game that doesn't get stopped every 4 minutes for a penalty.

The problem is that you need to call the game fairly, and if you call a Ranger for a cross check on a Pen in front of the net, you also need to call the Pens when they do it. Unfortunately, they didn't do that. I saw Crosby cross check more Rangers in this series than I've ever seen a player do it before. I'm talking repeated hits to the back with the shaft of a stick, right in front of the net (and the ref), repeatedly pushing guys down to the ice.... without a single call.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »
so it's Dallas and Detroit in the Western Conference finals....I didn't know Detroit was considered a west team....oh well, let's see how this plays out

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2008, 08:20:47 AM »
I didn't know Detroit was considered a west team...

They were, back when there was only 12 teams and none of them were west of St. Louis.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
Yeah, I know it's easy to just say the refs f****d the Rangers, and not that they didn't play well.

I hear ya.  I've been on the Rangers boat for a long time and thought that they just MIGHT have that chance...but now I just hope that Philly gets wiped up next game...I am a fan of anyone that plays Philly!!

Go Pens!!

Offline Fence

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Side effects may include being who you are.
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »
Hi Chirpy!

I just wanted to pull a Starfox (on the baseball thread) and say that Hockey Sucks.

War Lakers and Lebron's Momma
and I'm out.

:)

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »
Hi Chirpy!

I just wanted to pull a Starfox (on the baseball thread) and say that Hockey Sucks.

War Lakers and Lebron's Momma
and I'm out.

:)

L.A. people don't understand hockey...And neither does that Texas Sunshine with Starfox. 

Go ahead back to your Kobe "Cry"ant and his fake grimace to get the cameras on him

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »
ANyone watch the game last night? Unbelievable. That's what makes the NHL playoffs the best of the bunch.

I only wish I could have stayed up late enough to see the winning goal. I fell asleep after the 2nd OT.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »
i say skip OT and go straight to a shoot out, that is where the real fun is!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
i say skip OT and go straight to a shoot out, that is where the real fun is!

BLASPHEMY!!  >:(

You want a tied Super Bowl decided on field goal kicks or the World Series decided by a home run derby?

Shoot outs are fine in the regular season but keep them the eff out of the playoffs.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2008, 10:04:53 AM »
Shoot outs are fine in the regular season but keep them the eff out of the playoffs.

Exactly. They bring some extra excitement to the regular season, and I'd much rather see a shoot out then a tie... but I'd rather they eliminate the shoot out altogether and just make the teams play until somebody wins. Basketball does it. Baseball does it. Football doesn't do it, but they have an extra 15 minutes... not 5 like hockey.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »
The ties in hockey drive me freaking nuts. Always have. Even with the 5 minute OT, there was never any incentive for the visiting team to try and win the game, only protect the point. I remember one yea the Bruins had something like 20 ties. WTF?

The addition of the shootout has changed that a bit with the winning team getting 2pts and a W. They still need to get rid of the 1pt for the loser and the OTL (over time loss) column in the standings though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:46:41 AM by DarthWormie »

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
NHL Schedule was announced today. Blackhawks will be playing the Red Wings at Wrigley Field in Chicago on Jan. 1 in this year's "NHL Winter Classic".

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Damn, I wonder why they passed over Yankee Stadium and the Rangers?? I would have loved to see a game at Yankee Stadium before it gets torn down.

They whisperin about us

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
Score radio and am 1000 are both reporting this to be the hottest sports ticket in Chicago this winter? Second to the Packers at Bears? NO freakkin' way!  :)

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2008, 10:01:22 AM »
Attn Dave, Mr. Jokabofe...

Um...The Rangers started 2-0 already and I thought you would have beat me to it posting in here.  A good start for my typical yearly underachievers!

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »
Ha, you're right.... I did miss out on posting that.  :D

They played two good games, too... it's just a question of will it last? They usually start off slow and then get better as the year goes on, so this is a nice change of pace. However, I wonder if it's just going to be the same ol' same ol' but in reverse, with a good start and a s***ty ending...

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »
Ha, you're right.... I did miss out on posting that.  :D

They played two good games, too... it's just a question of will it last? They usually start off slow and then get better as the year goes on, so this is a nice change of pace. However, I wonder if it's just going to be the same ol' same ol' but in reverse, with a good start and a s***ty ending...

I got spoiled following my favorite player during his move from the Oilers to the Rangers a decade ago in Messier.  Other than the '94 Cup, it has been alot of years of "should-a could-a".  But I think we have an elite goaltender, and that means alot IF you get to the playoffs.  Many teams ride the hot goalie to the Cup

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »
I don't know. I've been a fan since the late 70's and outside of a few here and there we haven't had too many good years. Richter was an elite goaltender, and we only won the cup 1 time with him. Henrik didn't make a big difference last year against the Pens... goaltending is great and all, you can't win too many games if you don't score.

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
I'm really impressed with the Rangers so far. Sure, it's only been 4 games, and they almost blew a 4-0 lead tonight to Philly but held on to win 4-3, even with a backup goalie in net. Then again, Val owned the Flyers last season, he was like 3-0-1 or something.

But everything really seems to be working very well. The D seems to be top notch with the addition of Redden and Kalinan, and adding Volos and Naslund up front looks like it's going to bring some nice things. Dubinsky had a great rookie year last year, but he's already showing me that he can be a 70+ point guy in a few years... maybe even this year if he keeps this pace up. And of course, the vets like Drury and Gomez are starting off the season nicely. I can't even remember the last time the Rangers started the season 4-0... had to be before the 90's that's for sure  :P

They whisperin about us

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »
Check out this hit:

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
Was watching the game last night and saw it happen live. Best part was the hit was completely clean. Didn't leave his feet or raise the elbow. 2 people in the stands had to be treated for facial cuts to the face. I guess everyone in that section ended up getting moved up to the club seats as well since there was glass all over the place.

Wideman (a HORRIBLE D-man) had an equally great hit last night as well. Open ice, other guy had his head down. NESN had Wideman mic'd for the game and the sound of the hit was great. Like a 50 pound bag of laundry being dropped on the floor.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2008, 12:33:10 PM »
Rangers are still playing pretty good hockey, and I'm still impressed with the season thus far... I just hope they don't get burned out early and fall later on down the line  :-\

They whisperin about us

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »
The Rangers are still looking decent in the standings, but that Goals/Goals Against ratio is scaring me (77-76).  We need some more separation there or else we will fall to the land of .500 teams.  We need to make a move and get Kovalchuk from Atlanta to get some more pucks in the net.

This is the year to win since those Devils are without their workhorse stud, Brodeur.

Having Brodeur and Luongo (in Vancouver) out is pretty strange for the league.  Arguably #1 and #2 goalies in the league not playing now.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2008, 01:38:28 PM »
Can't believe the way the Bruins are playing this year. Was expecting them to be better than last year, but 19-4-4 with the best record in the Eastern Conference? They've got the best 2-goalie tandem in the league and have balanced scoring on every line. Best part is most of their talent is super young. Guys between the ages of 20-24.

After almost 20 years of futility and cheapskate ownership, it looks like the B's are finally back.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2008, 07:13:25 AM »
Can't believe the way the Bruins are playing this year.

Thomas is a great goalie in there and not alot of people really know about it.  I agree, they have really surprised me.  Maybe they have something there in Boston and can begin a string of playoff years like they had going years ago when Bourque was there.

Offline DarthJay

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
    • Thrash Magazine
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2008, 08:32:16 AM »
Tim Thomas is probably my least favorite Bruins goalie EVER. I mean I think I liked Rob Tallas more than this guy. His fundamentals are AWFUL. Manny Fernandez is a much better goalie. I think the Bruins should trade Thomas while his stock is high, because they are not going to resign him in the offseason with Tuuka Rask waiting in the wings. I know Thomas is getting the job done right now and his reckless style has worked for him, I just don't like it.

All I have to say is this Bruins team is going to be NASTY for a LOOOOONG time. The straight up high way robbery we got away with in signing Blake Wheeler has been AWESOME. Kid is nasty. And then from there, it's all about my boy:

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2008, 08:49:42 AM »
Kessel getting benched in the playoffs last year might have been the best thing ever to happen to him.

I agree with you on Thomas. Worse fundamentals I've seen on a B's goalie in a loooooong time. I doubt they trade him though. The B's are right up against the salary cap and his salary isn't high enough to make a deal for a better player at another position.

Lucic has been fun to watch as well. He's like a mini-Neely out there.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthJay

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
    • Thrash Magazine
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
Let me tell you, the year we absolutely SUCKED leading up to drafting Kessel, I was rooting for them to lose every night so they could get the #1 pick to draft him. He only missed the Sidney Crosby draft by a few days, and there was a debate at the time over who would have gone #1 if they were both eligible that year (a debate that swung like 85/15 towards Crosby, but still). So when we ended up at #5 and Pittsburgh was sitting at #2 I was so pissed, because I thought for sure he was a Penguin with Erik Johnson leap frogging him. Then when he was sitting there at #4 with Washington about to pick, I was like "man what a cockblock" if they take him, but I remember watching the draft and the analysts knew right away they were taking the Swedish kid... Backstrom I think. So I knew that meant we were getting Kessel!

Kid had a rough start but he's been everything he was supposed to be so far.

I absolutely love this team. Lucic is great, but I think Blake Wheeler is going to be better. He's not as much of a power forward but he's got that same big man body and just needs to learn how to throw his weight around more. He was drafted #4 overall behind Crosby and became a free agent before the draft this year because the Coyotes hadn't signed him yet. He had max rookie offers from every team in the league and CHOSE to come to Boston. Awesome.

Then there is Krejci and Bergeron. All five of those dudes are all under the age of 25. They've also got Mark Stuart, Matt Lashoff and Matt Hunwick all under that age too (and even Wideman I think). Lots of young guys in big spots. LOVE IT.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2009, 11:10:50 PM »
New York Rangers are finally starting to play like themselves, and not those impostors from the beginning of the season...  ::)

They whisperin about us

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »
the blackhawks have been playing very good in recent. they just have to figure out a way to beat the wings.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2009, 07:46:35 AM »
I tell you it was pretty cool seeing all the hoopla at Wrigley last weekend. I think the NHL still has a ways to go before they can compete with MLB, NFL or NBA but they are making strides around here, that's for sure. I really do attribute it from the games being on TV.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »
I SO would have gone to that outdoor game. They were talking about it being Rangers - Red Wings at the old Yankee Stadium before it gets torn down, but it didn't happen. Would have been awesome.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »
The talk now is Islanders or Totonto/Rangers at new Yankmee Stadium next year. No NHL game at Fenway until their annual off-season expansions are finished which would be the year after.

Anyone with thoughts about the horrendously blatant ballot box stuffing that took place in Montreal for the All-Star game? Montreal with 4 of the 6 starters (I heard they actually lead all 6 spots about a week before voting ended) and the top team in the conference and none from the top 3 teams in the conference (Bos, Wash, Phi)  ::)

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »
The talk now is Islanders or Totonto/Rangers at new Yankee Stadium next year.

Yeah, but if they were trying to keep it original 6 like the others, it should have been at the OLD Yankee stadium. Although I guess that last year they used the Pens, and they aren't O6 so it's a moot point.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »
Although I guess that last year they used the Pens, and they aren't O6 so it's a moot point.

Right, along with Buffalo (same game) and Edmonton from the 1st WC game against Montreal.

This year's game wasn't all that exciting but man did it look great. Right down to the throwback uni's and even the brickface on the backside of the boards to blend with Wrigley Field.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
I want the next classic to be Toronto vs. Montreal. Now those teams have a huge history, which in reality boiled down to english speaking canadians and French speaking canadian oppression.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »
Per the Hockey News:

Speaking of outdoor games, look for next year’s to be played between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins at the 69,000-seat Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass. The league has come to the conclusion that the outdoor games work much better in a football stadium than a baseball venue and a Montreal-Boston game would be great for ratings on both sides of the border.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
I would definitely try to go to that game if it does happen. that is one helluva rivalry to say the least.

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
lets just hope that boston picks up Ty conklin (dont know the spelling) so that he can make the record for most classic outdoor games played lol.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »
I know there are only 2 or 3 guys here that like hockey, but what are your predictions for the Playoffs??

Here are the matchups for round 1:

East:

Boston - Montreal
Washington - New York Rangers
New Jersey - Carolina
Pittsburgh - Philadelphia

West:

San Jose - Anaheim
Detroit - Columbus
Vancouver - St. Louis
Chicago - Calgary

East:

Boston over Montreal in 7
New York Rangers over Washington in 6
Carolina over New Jersey in 4
Pittsburgh over Philadelphia in 5

West:

Anaheim over San Jose in 6
Detroit over Columbus in 4
Vancouver over St. Louis in 6
Chicago over Calgary in 5

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2009, 01:42:01 PM »
East:
Boston over Montreal in 5
Washington over NYR in 6
Carolina over New Jersey in 6
Philly over Pittsburgh in 5

West:
San Jose over Anaheim in 6
Detroit over Columbus in 6
Vancouver over St. Louis in 5
Chicago over Calgary in 6

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
here we go my guesses:

Boston over Montreal in 6 - Montreal always plays the B's tough especially in the playoffs
Rangers over Caps - 6
NJ over Carolina - 6
Pitts over Philly - 7

SJ over Anaheim - 5
Detroit over Colo - 6
Vancouver over St Louis - 6
Chicago over Calgary - 5

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »
hockey is still going on?  ;)

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »
better than basketball by far. but I think you got to be from the northern states to understand it. lol
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:16:22 AM by chewykingwookie »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
I don't know enough about hockey to say who's going to win and not. But I will say it's really cool to see how excited people are about the Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Bears and maybe even Sox to be in the playoff picture this year!  Let's hope nobody feels the need to flip over taxi's and set them afire like when the Bulls won in 96!  :( >:( :-\

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »

Boston over Montreal in 7
Caps over Ranggers in 6
NJ over Carolina - 5
Pitts over Philly - 4

SJ over Anaheim - 5
Detroit over Colo -   tough call. osgood is really inconsistant while that Mason kid is really good. i think it will go 7 games dont know who will win though....remeber the Ducks? lol
Vancouver over St Louis - 5
Calgary over chicago- 5

as much as i want the Flames to take the cup this year i have a feeling it will be either boston or the Sharks with the win. either way i cant wait to see these games. last nights games were pretty good.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
Bruins kick off tonight against the Canadiens.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »
What is he doing, giving him noogies?

Last night's Ranger/Caps game was nothing short of amazing. If Henrik can play like that consistently (and I have no doubt he can) and the Rangers can score like that (THIS is where I have my doubts) the Rangers should do well and have a chance to beat every team in the East... but we'll see what happens.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »
What is he doing, giving him noogies?

Punching him right in his dumb canadiens head. That's what!  ;D

The NYR have a chance of being THE cinderella team in the playoffs this year. I know I didn't pick them to advance, but Henrik is the type of goalie that can steal a series or two if he gets hot. I'm glad the B's didn't have to face them in the first round.

MY FEEDBACK

cuyvaldar

« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »
Im pretty sure the flyers will do their annual crap dance against the pens.

I don't think the flyers are as good or lucky as they were last year.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »
Where the heck is DarthJay? I figured he'd be the one leading the B's playoff charge.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »
Where the heck is DarthJay? I figured he'd be the one leading the B's playoff charge.
[/quote

I haven't heard from him in a while. not sure where he went.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2009, 08:36:59 PM »
Bruins take game one 4-2.  ;D

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2009, 09:06:18 AM »
Black hawks take it 3-2 in OT the way they like to win it seems. lol I am surprised by the way the Hawks have played this season for most of it they had more pts than the winner of the Northwest Division. They owned Calgary during the regular season and I was glad they got to play them.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »
Now if they had brains, which lately they seem to, they'll sign both them kids to so much money they'll never thinking of playing ANYWHERE but Chicago. The new regime has done a great job of making hockey relevant again, now they have to do something to guarantee the fans that it's here to stay.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »
WOW. Lundqvist played great in the first game and really kept the Rangers in it... but today he stood on his head and basically single handedly won the game. It's awesome when you can start a playoff series on the road and win the first two games, and come back to the Garden with a 2-0 lead  ;D

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2009, 08:30:41 AM »
Beautiful ass kicking the Bruins put on the Canadiens last night. ;D

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
Bruins up 3-0 in the series.  ;D

Ole-ole that you frauds!!

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2009, 02:38:10 PM »
I don't know if you can call the #8 seed team "frauds", lol. But yeah, basically nobody gave the Habs a chance against the B's.

Last night it looked like the Caps finally figured out how to handle the Rangers, and embarrassed us at the Garden... 4-0. Always great when you go to the game and see your team get their ass whipped.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »
They're a fraud of a playoff team. Don't deserve to be there. I also can't stand the gutless style they play. Like a team of Sean Avery's. Their 'fans' are just as bad. Booing the American anthem? Hope the B's pull off the sweep tomorrow night.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »
They're a fraud of a playoff team. Don't deserve to be there. I also can't stand the gutless style they play. Like a team of Sean Avery's. Their 'fans' are just as bad. Booing the American anthem? Hope the B's pull off the sweep tomorrow night.

being a Habs fan even I have to admit they should not be in the playoffs. their GM DESTROYED this team and they have been horrible ever since he decided to coach it. and about the fans..dont worry they treat their own team just as bad if not worse. the Habs are more than just a hockey team in montreal they are hte sign of revolution and when their team misperforms...well lets just say many players cannot handle playing on the habs because of the fans.

still dont want the Bruins to win though. the caps are my team in the East ;)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
I f*****g HATE Martin Brodeur. What a bitch. Oh booo hooo, he got bumped. He was outside the crease. Jokinen was skating backwards, and from the replays that I've seen, it looks like Brodeur skates right into him from behind. How can you scream and bitch about that??!!? I hope Brodeur gets hit in the head with a slapshot and gets brain damage during the next game. f**k him.

Hard to believe that this guy is the NHL's winningest goaltender. They should put an asterisk in the record books to show that he's only won that many games because of the bulls**t trap defense that the Devils were allowed to play for so long. Too bad he didn't play back in the day when a real goaltender like Patrick Roy played.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2009, 07:53:04 AM »
LOL. Awesome rant. I've never been a Brodeur fan either, for the same reason. He benefitted from the system the team played as mush as he did from his talent.

In other news...

On to round two! ;D

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »
I guess I am in the minority who have liked Broduer. I was a goalie growing up and watched guys like Crazy Eddie Belfour, Dominic Hasek, Brodeur, Hextall, etc. My style of play was a cross between Belfour, Hasek, Hextall, and Potvin. and yes on some plays I was all over the damn place. lol  I also like Turco, T-bo (when he was a Hawk), Roy, and Vanbezbrook (sp Panther goalie in the 90's). Can't forget Cujo and Andy Moog.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
Vanbezbrook (sp Panther goalie in the 90's).

What?? Panthers goalie?? Sure, after he was washed up. He played his best years for the New York Rangers!!

The thing I hate most about Brodeur is just the simple fact that the media around here is up his ass constantly. IMO Lundqvist is a better goaltender at this stage in the game, but all I ever hear about is Brodeur.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
What?? Panthers goalie?? Sure, after he was washed up. He played his best years for the New York Rangers!!

I knew this was coming! LOL.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »
That's cause it's true!!

He's in my top 3 all time favorite Rangers goalies...

Richter
Lundqvist
Vanbiesbrouck

They whisperin about us

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2009, 05:17:26 PM »
I do believe he had a couple good seasons with the Panthers led them into the playoffs for a couple yrs if I am not mistaken. So his best yrs weren't all with the Rangers. lol Wasn't he Richter's backup there for a while. I can't remember. I know Durham was there after the Beezer left.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »
BIG letdown for the Rangers. Being up 3 games to 1, they let the Caps win 3 in a row to take the series. They came out tonight and played well, but they must have forgot that they need to play a full 60 minutes to have a chance to win the game.

The only bright spot of the night was flipping over to the Devs/'Canes game to see the Canes score 2 goals in the last 1:20 of the game to take that series from the Devils and Martin "cry baby" Brodeur.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »
Rangers had their feet on the throats of the Capitals and let up. Can't call it a choke because Washington was the better team, but the Rangers should NOT have lost that series after being up 3-1. It was nice to see Avery hobbling and whining in the final minute though. Effing candy-ass. Go design some handbags you stiff.

Nice to see the Whalers, I mean Hurricanes bounce the Devil Dogs from the playoffs. I'm predicting Bruins take them in 6.

MY FEEDBACK

cuyvaldar

« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »
Since my stylers are out of the playoffs....GO BRUINS!!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »
#1 rule for hockey fans...

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
Yeah I dunno, he'd been better off losing the shirt and going with the gal!  :D ;) ;D   GOOD to see the Blackhawks not only back in it, but WINNING a series is HUGE to people around here.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »
GOOD to see the Blackhawks not only back in it, but WINNING a series is HUGE to people around here.

I'm pulling for a Blackhawks/Bruins cup. Neither franchise has won squat in decades and they've both been handcuffed by cheap-ass owners.

MY FEEDBACK

cuyvaldar

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
Yeah I dunno, he'd been better off losing the shirt and going with the gal!  :D ;) ;D   GOOD to see the Blackhawks not only back in it, but WINNING a series is HUGE to people around here.

Hockey, cute girl, girl wins out every time.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2009, 09:55:22 PM »

I dunno. That farking jersey with the "CH" logo is a pretty big equalizer.

Now maybe if the bear took HER shirt off... ;)

MY FEEDBACK

cuyvaldar

« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »

I dunno. That farking jersey with the "CH" logo is a pretty big equalizer.

Now maybe if the bear took HER shirt off... ;)

I hate the candaians.....as a fan of Ray Bourge and Cam Neally, add the fact that I despise them as a whole, anyone who beats up or likes the canadians is a bumb in my book most times.

But hot girls can like s***ty teams, cause it makes life a little more spicey imho.

Her ubber hot love balloons being unleashed would have been nice though. ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
Bruins rise from the dead to force a game 7 back here at the Garden  ;D

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »
good to see the Bruins win tonight. If they don't make it to the Finals it will be a shame.

I am waiting to see who wins the Wings and Ducks series. I think if Chicago faces the Ducks they could possibly make it to the Finals. But at the same time they did well against the Wings at the end of the season sweeping them the last few games. I would love it if the Hawks could sweep the Wings in the Conference finals and advance to the Stanley cup.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2009, 07:31:53 AM »
Scott Walker can suck it. >:(

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2009, 07:55:04 AM »
Ya know, as a Bruins fan, you have to be mad about the game 5 "sucker punch" but come on... it's hockey. You start pushing with a guy in front of the net, and then you stand there with your hands at your sides... and get knocked the f**k out... and then people start calling it a sucker punch? I mean, it wasn't like Walker just skated past and punched him, like say... Avery would do. They were jostling in front of the net, pushing for position, the whistle blew and it escalated... like the announcer said... "You gotta be ready".

They whisperin about us

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
you definitely have to be ready for anything when your park your butt in front of the net. being a former goalie I saw all sorts of craziness happen. it becomes a zoo down there I tell ya. granted I didn't help matters much with some of the stuff I pulled. like grabbing jerseys, poke checking guys, talking smack, etc. when a guy was in the front of my net he paid both physically and mentally it was not pretty. I would do stuff to them to get them fire up to throw a punch or a shot at me then they would get the penalty or better yet a fight would break out. I would mess with the other teams' best players to get them off their game and make them look like a fool.

Hawks face the Wings in the next round. Not sure what to make of that match-up. It will be a classic Original 6 battle I think. This year has been up and down against the Wings lost the first 3 games and won the final two. So who knows how that series will go. You would think that a team like the Wings being full for vets and having won a few cups recently would have the advantage, but the Hawks have been pretty hot the last half of the season and in the playoffs. Plus they hold the momentum with the home and home wins the last weekend of the season. This match-up for the finals does not surprise me these two teams were the 2 and 3 all year in the Western conference. Only reason why the Hawks were a 4th seed for the playoffs was because of the week Northwest division. They had a better record the last half of the season than the Flames and Canucks.

Pittsburgh and Carolina should be an interesting series. I was hoping for the Bruins. Seeing an all Original 6 finals would have been awesome. I am going with Pittsburgh here.

For the finals I am thinking Pittsburgh vs Chicago in a rematch of the 1992 finals. I am probably kidding myself with that prediction because the Wings are the favorite like they always are.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2009, 08:57:40 AM »
The problem is Ward was already squared-off with another Whalercane when Uber-doosh jumped in. Ward was still trying to figure out WTF Walker thought he was doing when got cold-cocked. My beef is just as much with that turd Colin Campbell in the league office. What Walker did automatically demanded a 1-game suspension with the analysts on both ESPN and Versus saying he'd probably receive more base on other penalties that had already been handed out during the playoffs. Instead Campbell rescinds the suspension and give him a slap on the wrist?

Yeah I know "it's hockey" and the league is trying too hard to eliminate all of the character from the game in hopes that it will be viewed as a 'national sport'. The fact is though Walker did something that he was penalized by the refs for and that penalty comes with an automatic suspension, yet the league office saw fit to basically rewrite that penalty during the middle of the playoffs. Not a good prescient to set.

I'm not going to say the B's lost because Walker didn't get suspended. I'm not that much of a blind yahoo. The fact that that doosh was celebrating scoring the winning goal when instead he should have probably been watching from the press box is all thanks to inconsistency in the league offices.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2009, 09:06:30 PM »
If there was any doubt that hockey players are the toughest professional athletes around, check out the injuries some of the Bruins were playing with for the entire series against Carolina:

- David Krejci: Impingement on his right hip
- Phil Kessel: Torn rotator cuff and labrum
- Andrew Ference: Groin tear/hernia
- Chuck Kobasaw: 2 broken ribs
- Mark Savard: Sprained knee, should have missed 2 weeks
- Mark Recchi: Kidney stones removed 24 hours before game 7

Krejci, Kessel & Ference all will have surgery. K & K are looking at 4-6 months for recovery time.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2009, 06:44:20 AM »
tough game, tough guys......but still doesn't get watched much

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2009, 09:04:58 AM »

only in the southern states....so i say bun that shi and move em up to Canada where we actualy eat sleep and breathe hockey.....stupid bettman

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »

only in the southern states....so i say bun that shi and move em up to Canada where we actualy eat sleep and breathe hockey.....stupid bettman

Agree. It's time the NHL steps up and admits that it's expansion/relocation to southern US states was not a success. Contract about 6 teams. Move a couple of others back to Canada (Winnipeg, Quebec, & Hamilton) or even the NW U.S. (Seattle? Portland?) Shoot, I'd like to see a team back in Hartford.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »
Unbelievable.

The Rangers let Toronto sign Colton Orr, and to make up for it... they sign... Donald Brashear? I don't think there is another player in hockey that I dislike as much as I dislike Brashear. I really do not like that guy. Never have. Never will. I mean, at least Orr had some hockey skills. All Brashear does is hit and fight. He had 4 points in 63 games last year. Oh yeah, and 121 penalty minutes  ::)

So basically you can count on him for 1 minor every game, and 1 point every... 15 games. Great trade off.

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2009, 03:27:47 PM »
Look at the bright side. At least they were able to get the Canadiens to take the corpse of Scott Gomez off of their hands.

I see Hossa signed a 12-year deal with the Blackhawks today.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:28:50 PM by DarthWormie »

MY FEEDBACK

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:54 PM »
I saw that the Hawks plucked Hossa from the Wings and they picked another guy from them as well. Hopefully they can re-sign Havlat. Him and Hossa with that young talent around them for the next few yrs they will be a team to watch. They lost the Bulin Wall to the Oilers, but that was bound to happen since they signed Huet to a long term deal last season. Maybe the Hawks can bring back an old Fossil like Chelios since he can finish out his career with the Hawks. That would be cool to see but will probably never happen.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »
Dood he's like 50 or someshit, Chelli should just retire. Besides do they really need him with Kane and Tiegs? I think (and I don't know but jack s**t for hockey) with the addition of Hossa they'll be very good for a long time. IF they can keep everyone together.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
Well, I guess to make up for signing Brahsear the Rangers went out and got Marion Gaborik too. This kid is explosive from what I've seen him play against the Rangers. I would have preferred they sign Hossa, but Gaborik definitely has some skills.

I'm still hoping they can make a trade to get Danny Heatley, but I don't know if there's any room for him under the cap.

They whisperin about us

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »
im actually not to impressed with the leafs recent signings. we now only have 1 defenseman that can score and even then he is a hog and should be traded because he always pinches and almost always causes turnovers in doing so (kaberle). I know this is a rebuild stage and its not gonna be finished after 1 year but we need more skilled players not brutes. if they rumors about trading kaberle are true we will have no scoring presence on the blue line and we have a laughable and inconsistant scoring presence on the forward side of our game.

on a lighter note i am happy with the Habs signings, maybe they can finally get another cup lol.

and in terms of gaborik dont be to excited. the guy is amazing when he wants to be, but either way most of the time he spends his seasons injured, thats why the wild wanted him out.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »
The Hawks really don't need Chelios, but I would like to see him retire as a Hawk. He was always a favorite of mine and was treated horribly at the end of his stay with the Hawks. It will probably never happen, but I would like to see it happen. He should have never left Chicago. Same goes for Roenick and Amonte. they were all forced out of town by a jackhole owner when they should have stayed and been able to get something going. This "new" ownership is doing a good job going after players and creating a young and exciting team I hope he doesn't do what his dad did and destroy it because he doesn't want to pay people.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »
Are you ready for some hockey??!?! Hard to believe that the Rangers first pre-season game is tonight, already... but it's here!

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »
wtf?

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »
wtf?

It's a sport Dave. I know you're not used to it down there, but when water gets too cold it freezes and you can actually skate on it!

;)

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »
oh....thanks Mike.....I learned something today

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »
Bruins unveiled their "Winter Classic" uni's yesterday.

Two words: Wicked Pissa!

MY FEEDBACK

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
Can't believe the regular season starts this week.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »
Can't believe the regular season starts this week.

fahgetaboutit !

Offline jedichirp

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2009, 10:18:38 AM »
Are you ready for some hockey??!?! Hard to believe that the Rangers first pre-season game is tonight, already... but it's here!

Good to see the boys scoring some goals this year...I like Gaborik on this team.