Author Topic: ROTS Figures  (Read 60636 times)

Offline Rabid Ewok

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
  • The guy.
Re:ROTS Figures
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2005, 10:01:23 PM »
I need 20 AT-TE Gunners! I really like the look of all of the new product, no ANH Han Solo yet to be found!

^^^ Way to go Spice, you just cursed us !!! ;) I bet we see ANH Solo sometime before 2006 is over..... ;)

Let's just hope they don't stick Han Solo in the background for half a second just so they can make another action figure.

Who made that collection of ROTS pics anyway?  He/She/They did a wonderful job.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2005, 02:56:14 PM »
The photos were emailed to us by an anonymous source, the presentation and pagework was done by dustrho. We're glad everyone has had a great response and the most negative thing being said by collectors is bye bye income tax returns!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2005, 04:07:50 PM »
Speaking of ROTS figures I have a very bad feeling that Toys-R-Us will not be the place to purchase them come April. Today to my horrid surprise at one of my local TRU's I saw two whole pallets of Sneak Preview Figures. They were stacked about 4.5 feet up. That is many, many, many ROTS Preview Figures. I looked at the boxes just to make sure none were the regular figures. All were Sneak Preview figures unless regualr figures were stashed in the the cube of boxes. My Toys-R-Us will be overstocked with Preview figures for years to come.

On a side note one of the TRU's in my area still have Episode 2 sneak preview figures and Bo'Shek.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »
Same here, and they won't clearance these! TRU must not know about the whole clearance thing. ???
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2005, 07:14:46 PM »
I was reading the article on the fp linking to yahoo news about ROTS and ToyFair....the part that stands out in my mind is the "approx retail cost for basic figs $5.99"....so how come, Taget, TRU & Kmart are charging $7+ for them?  >:(

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Action Figures

(Approximate Retail Price: $5.99, Recommended Age: 4 & up)
New Star Wars action figures featuring the awesome heroes and villains from Episode III. Collection 1 action figures feature an incredible action feature from the new film, such as a lightsaber attack, quick draw action, or Wookiee rage, all with the squeeze of the figure's leg. The first wave will include: OBI-WAN KENOBI with SLASHING ATTACK, ANAKIN SKYWALKER with LIGHTSABER ATTACK, YODA with FIRING CANNON, SUPER BATTLE DROIDS with FIRING ARM-BLASTER, CLONE TROOPER with QUICK DRAW ATTACK, R2-D2 with DROID ATTACK, GRIEVOUS' BODYGUARD with BATTLE ATTACK, MACE WINDU with FORCE COMBAT, DARTH VADER with LIGHTSABER ATTACK, and CHEWBACCA with WOOKIEE RAGE. Collection 2 action figures feature incredible detail and come with an authentic display base from the movie. Multiple waves will be introduced throughout the year, totaling 56 basic figures in all.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:19:02 PM by starfox »

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2005, 07:25:09 PM »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2005, 07:27:53 PM »
great visual!  :D

Offline Rabid Ewok

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
  • The guy.
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
Lol!  Looks like that stormtrooper ran out of metamucil.   :D

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2005, 11:12:39 PM »
My local Fred Meyers is charging 7.99 for the animated figs, I would like to know how they expect to do well with prices like this. Kids do not have this kind of money, but yet that is their focus. ??? I recently read the news story about how Hasbro hopes ROTS  bails them out of financial trouble. Maybe the reason for that is the price thay charge, compared to G.I. Joe figures it's quite an increase.
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2005, 07:48:58 AM »
My local Fred Meyers is charging 7.99 for the animated figs, I would like to know how they expect to do well with prices like this. Kids do not have this kind of money, but yet that is their focus.

That brings up a great point Shawn!  Hasbro has always stated that their main target audience are the children, but what child could seriously afford $7.99 for one stinking figure?  Especially one that has almost NO articulation?  In my 5+ years of hardcore collecting, I have only seen less than TEN kids looking at the Star Wars toys, and never I have I seen any kids ever walking away with them.

Why can't Hasbro just cut the bulls**t and be honest that their number one target audience truly is the collectors out there, and that it's NOT the damn children?!?   >:(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 07:49:35 AM by dustrho »

Offline G-BACHER

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2005, 12:18:47 AM »

went to target here in chicago and they priced eack sneak peak fig for $6.99 a piece.

so i went to kmart and found a difreent price of the figs for $5.99.

but i did finally find a starfighter that got me into a little altercation with a guy. last one also. we both grabbed for it and he suckered punched me in the gut.

security came and tossed the dude out. funny thing is when security nabbed him he dropped the starfighter. so i told the guard the guy punched me and took the toy away from me.

so they gave me the anakin star fighter and i left.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2005, 12:50:53 AM »
Sounds kinda rough, I think I'm gonna order online!   :-\
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:51:27 AM by Darth Spice »

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2005, 07:28:23 AM »

went to target here in chicago and they priced eack sneak peak fig for $6.99 a piece.

so i went to kmart and found a difreent price of the figs for $5.99.

but i did finally find a starfighter that got me into a little altercation with a guy. last one also. we both grabbed for it and he suckered punched me in the gut.

security came and tossed the dude out. funny thing is when security nabbed him he dropped the starfighter. so i told the guard the guy punched me and took the toy away from me.

so they gave me the anakin star fighter and i left.

what part of the SW hood are you from?  fighting for a toy that's gonna be warming the pegs for the next 2 months...

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2005, 02:16:43 PM »
You won't believe this, a Canada fan received a ROTS #33 Clone Commander fig when he complained to hasbro about a defective toy!    
*********SPOILER PIC*************

*********SPOILER PIC*************

[attachment deleted by admin]

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2005, 02:34:14 PM »
Yeah lucky guy. I want some ROTS figures.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2005, 03:18:02 PM »
Damn, does that look SWEET!!!   :o

Offline The Ghost of QG

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +19/-0
  • Kansas City Chiefs- 2006 Super Bowl Champs!!!
    • http://ghostofqg.freeservers.com/
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2005, 06:54:47 PM »
My midnight madness bill may hit 4 digits, if the clones are out that night. Thank the lord for income tax returns. These figures are off the hook. Man, way to go out with a bang.
Phillip Wise and his websites are the cancer of the Star Wars internet community.

Make the world a better place
punch Phillip Wise in the face

Offline WedgeWannaBe

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +33/-0
  • Yub, yub Commander!
    • Hanger Bay 21:  The Home of Rogue Squadron
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2005, 09:11:54 PM »
Ghost, I thought you were going for the Gungan figures and not the clones!   ;)  Just kidding buddy!

Glad that I'm not in Ghost's town because then it would be a race to see who bought all the clones......I'll be going that route as my collecting focus is shifting more towards army building...
NEED VINTAGE AND POTF2 Y-WINGS!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2005, 09:21:18 PM »
it would be a race to see who bought all the clones......I'll be going that route as my collecting focus is shifting more towards army building...

sounds like we have a dustrho jr on our hands! ;)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2005, 07:31:46 AM »
sounds like we have a dustrho jr on our hands! ;)

It kinda does... doesn't it?

Want to see bigger pictures than these thumbnails?  Click HERE.  These pictures were taken on 1/22/05.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2005, 08:09:29 AM »
Posted on our front page...

Toy Fair Shows Off New Hasbro Products!
What better way to start off a Friday than to be able to walk through New York's Toy Fair showroom and get to see all of the exciting new Episode III products!? Hasbro has put up their display signs, opened up their toys, and have put together a presentation that is so massive, that you're going to have to start saving your money for all the Episode III products that will be coming out on April 2nd. In some of the photos we get to see all the new figures, vehicles, and even playsets! You'll have to check out all the pictures for yourself by clicking here.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2005, 08:14:59 AM »
that is one HUGE playset there!  so many things....and soooo purty, the colors........

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2005, 01:46:49 PM »
I'm not one who usually collects vehicles because of space and all, but this might be the movie that changes that. After seeing pics of the new Starfighters and Republic Gunship Iím definitely going to get these. Hopefully they will make an AT-TE that I would definitely buy!

TAC Coins Needed

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2005, 08:38:59 PM »
I'd like to say thanks to sandtroopers.com for posting the link to those Toy Fair picks. Man, does that Republic Gunship look cool or what? After I saw it in the ROTS trailer, I was hoping that it would be made into a toy. I wasn't planning to buy many toys from this movie, but I'll need to make an exception for that one. I bet Hasbro has some even better stuff planned to release later in the year for the Holiday shopping season. I guess we'll just need to wait and see.  :)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2005, 08:42:07 PM »
yeah TJ, that Gunship's paint job rocks!  so much sweeter than the original

Offline try2trisbr

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +14/-0
  • Farm boy... fetch me that pitcher.
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2005, 09:37:24 PM »
http://www.joetoy.com/collection/toy06.htm

I thought that this was pretty cool.  I looked to see if these were posted in here, but if I missed something, sorry for repeat :)
YAHOOOOO! You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2005, 10:07:39 PM »
http://www.joetoy.com/collection/toy06.htm

I thought that this was pretty cool.  I looked to see if these were posted in here, but if I missed something, sorry for repeat :)

Thanks for sharing that link with us, but we have all of these images on our special CIII Toys page...

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/episode3/

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2005, 10:31:05 AM »
I don't think that is the Republic Gunship.It looks like the Clone fighter that is seen breifly in the first E3 trailer.I read on Rebelscum.com(I know how Spice feels about them)and someone in Georgia found the some of the Basic E3 figures at TRU.Amazing how some stores will put stuff out when they aren't suppse to.Our stores are so strict that they will have armed guards around the pallets of E3 merchindise before April 2nd.Ok,I am exaggerating but they will not put them out early.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
Holy Freaking WOW! Hey I just want to inform everyone that I just made my weekly Sunday morning run. I stopped in at Wal-Mart as my last stop. I was looking at some board games to buy for a birhtday present. A guy opened the backroom door and brought out a pallet of home goods stuff.  :(  As the door was open I peaked in and on the second, third, and top shelf of the stock units are many STAR WARS boxes wrapped in plastic on pallets. I could clearly make out that it was Star Wars and you could see the red outlined box that has the warning date on it.  
As I was looking at the games I saw an employee and asked where is the Star Wars stuff? All that this Wal-Mart has is three Darth Vader Helmets and badic lightsabers. He said that they are not putting out any Star Wars stuff until Spring. I think he means April 2, 2005. So I asked him about the stuff in the backroom. He went back there and looked up at the stuff. He said sorry but they are marked not to be put out.
I know what Wal-Mart I will be visiting April 2.

I am still optimistic that somewhere in Indy a store will put out something from Revenge of the Sith. Other Wal-Marts and Targets in my area put up the Lightsabers with the DVD packed in them but not the ROTS sabers. I believe the DVD packed saber are marked April 2nd. I could be wrong on that.

Well keep your eyes open and start making plans for the April Hunt. I am getting really excited to spend a lot of money.

Oh! On my hunt today I did picked up the Unleashed Stormtrooper at Target. He is very small next to the other Unleahed in this series. Cool none the less.

Happy Hunting!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2005, 12:43:11 PM »
It's not about how I feel about them. They are a good source for Star Wars news and reference. There are many other aspects of the website and such that are just plain tasteless. I was shocked to see how little a surprise Toy Fair was. So we don't get a press kit? They will be released later this year, minus the fancy wrapper. I can't wait, April 2nd is gonna put some cramp on my wallet too!  ;D