Author Topic: Mos Eisley News Brief: Expand your Search!  (Read 205 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Mos Eisley News Brief: Expand your Search!
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:54:05 AM »
For those of you who did not splurge for Force Friday II and did not pick up the Black Series Luke Skywalker with Landspeeder or Rey and speeder, good news for you.  It seems in all the confusion, could be packaging but in any case these two items have been showing up on clearance endcaps for the price of $30!  So be sure to check more than the toy aisle when you hit up retail locations.  Thanks again to our friends and Jedi Temple Archives for the tip, United We Find!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:58:54 AM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dj121

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
Re: Mos Eisley News Brief: Expand your Search!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »
I went to Target on Force Friday specifically because I had a couple gift cards. So I used them and purchased Luke's Landspeeder. I paid full retail, but it did not come completely out of pocket. A couple days later, I used some rewards certificates at Best Buy to get Rey and her speeder. Again, I paid full retail, but not all out of pocket. I don't regret buying either one and think they are fantastic vehicles.

So far, Walmart seems to be the only chain marking these down. Toys R Us, Target and Best Buy all have them at full retail.

Perhaps Walmart got some sort of special pricing on these, to allow such deep discounts only a little over a month after release. Online inventory checkers show the closest Walmart to me still has them at $45.00. If they drop them down to $20 or less, I'll drive over and maybe grab one more of each. I'd really like a second Rey so that I can swap some parts around and have an unmasked Rey done in the soft goods.

At the same time, Walmart discounting these so early seems like a huge mistake. We're right around the corner from the Holiday season. People will be looking for things to buy as gifts for collectors. I'm sure they would have sold quite a few at full price. This can't be a good thing for the 6" vehicle line, because with these getting marked down so fast, it might send Hasbro the wrong message, putting future vehicles at risk.