Author Topic: 3 3/4-inch Basic Figure line:  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
3 3/4-inch Basic Figure line:
« on: July 04, 2014, 09:14:43 PM »
These seem to be few and far in between these days, what's your luck finding new waves in your area?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
Re: 3 3/4-inch Basic Figure line:
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Only see remnants of the plaguies wave...... Never an actual darth plaguies figure...... Luckily folks here have hooked me up......
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:00:27 AM »
Waiting on 4 for sure even though 3 never broke out big here
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline commander gree123

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »
I found a darth plagueis online that was a "japan import" on amazon for a decent price. My target is always all out of the 3 3/4 every time I go except for 1 or 2 figures. My tru only has one peg for the 3.75 figures so they're hard to find stuff at, and my walmart has had the same 3 pegs of Biggs dark lighter forever. To spare myself the annoyance of trying to find wave 4 I just preordered the case online. I also have commander neyo and Mara jade on the way. I'm glad to see some people are finding these with relative ease. The figures I do want are proving to be quite a hunt.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.” -Darth Vader ANH

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:50:39 AM »
Wave 2 has not shown up around here yet... Hasbro!! we are right down the street from your head quarters and we our pegs are just about empty.. wtf!!! #Hasbrosucks!

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »
Wave 2 has not shown up around here yet... Hasbro!! we are right down the street from your head quarters and we our pegs are just about empty.. wtf!!! #Hasbrosucks!

Pete i share the pain as well.  I have seen a few of the wave with Vizam and Mace but no Plageius.  Heck I am not even sure which wave number that is any more.  Thank goodness proud sponsors of sandtroopers offer cases and individual figs for sale. 
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
By the way noticed that dockside toys has names of new figs up but most look like rehash. 

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
The new wave that was posted on dorksidetoys.com actually looks appealing to me. Because I missed out on star killer, malgus, and the imperil commander I'm excited to get another opportunity to get them. Also the captain Rex, and leia in boushh disguise sound great.

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »
What figures are on all of your most wanted lists for the upcoming black series waves?

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 05:35:38 PM »
What figures are on all of your most wanted lists for the upcoming black series waves?

Sadly it really depends on what I find to buy.   Hopeful for new skus so retail will fill the three pegs allocated once in a blue moon. 

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:49:35 PM »
Thanks Penter for willing to help everyone out. I'm hoping that between my comic book stores and retail stores I should be able to find the ones I want. Comic shops tend to mark the harder to find ones up a bit but it's better than buying from a scalper online, in my opinion of course. I don't know about you guys but the black series 3.75 is seeming a lot easier to find in comparison to the final waves of the vintage collection. It's hard but not as bad as 2012.

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 07:55:06 PM »
Forgot to add this to my last post, but does anyone have a rough estimate on when wave 4 is being released online? I preordered mine on brians toys at the beginning of the month. I picked the six pack with Bastilla, Toryn Farr, Luke (dagobah), yoda, snow trooper, and dak ralter.

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »
I'm sure your patrons are very thankful to you Penter. It's a shame more collectors don't have shops such as yours to find their desired figures at. On a second topic, what does everyone think about the new Luke skywalker figure posted on JTA? The new black series packaging looks much nicer than the black and orange kind we have now in my opinion.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »
Has anybody come across Darth Malgus?
I haven't seen one and I've even been in stores as they opened fresh cases of his wave and still haven't seen him :-[

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »
I haven't seen one and I've even been in stores as they opened fresh cases of his wave and still haven't seen him :-[
I

I've got an extra if you need it. It's almost mint but has a ever so slight bend to the card. They see to curve slightly these days. Pm me.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 12:20:44 PM »
I

I've got an extra if you need it. It's almost mint but has a ever so slight bend to the card. They see to curve slightly these days. Pm me.
PM sent

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!
Got 2 Darth Malgus and 2 Starkillers this morning at Walmart. Still only paid $9.98 each

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!
Got 2 Darth Malgus and 2 Starkillers this morning at Walmart. Still only paid $9.98 each

Nice when you can actually find something at retail...... I found the same figures at Target two months ago once then never saw them again.  Good thing I bought them then    My Walmart still has TPM wave, no new figures in about a year at that walmart.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!

Nice when you can actually find something at retail...... I found the same figures at Target two months ago once then never saw them again.  Good thing I bought them then    My Walmart still has TPM wave, no new figures in about a year at that walmart.
Believe it or not. I have a Wal-Mart really close to me that didn't even put a Star Wars section in there new set. No SW toys at all (except Lego) in the whole store.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 08:17:07 AM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!

Believe it or not. I have a Wal-Mart really close to me that didn't even put a Star Wars section in there new set. No SW toys at all (except Lego) in the whole store.
There's a walmart one town over near me that has no Star Wars section either

Offline dj121

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 09:38:07 AM »
The latest waves of The Black Series, 7 and 8 are turning up at retail. Walmart has an endcap display in preparation for Force Friday.
Gamestop stores are also getting these, and are priced at 9.99.

We can only hope that there will be some TFA black series, but initial launch has not shown us anything. Maybe in time for the Holidays Hasbro will surprise us with some SA versions of the TFA characters. I would love to see older Luke, Han and Leia turn up on Black Series cards.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
Hoping they turn up on force Friday.... Or Saturday etc I'm getting to damn old to do this midnight bulls**t