Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro at SDCC  (Read 8609 times)

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
Questions for Hasbro at SDCC
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »
While I'm doing our SDCC coverage next week I'm planning to arrange some one-on-one time with someone from Hasbro. Does anyone have any well thought out questions they'd like me to bring up? I'll do my best to share whatever you guys come up with and will include a transcript of the Q&A I do in my report. Thanks and I look forward to getting some answers (to the best of my ability)! :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:22:08 PM by David D. »

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
Re: Questions for Hasbro at SDCC
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »
Q's for Hasbro

1-Can Hasbro explain if the lack of product at retail being a distribution issue at the retail level or new product not making it to the States in a timely fashion?   The NE is just ridiculus.  Stores with next to empty pegs aren't restocking for months and when they do it is with product 6 months old. 

2-What is the likelihood of seeing more new big vehicles over the next couple years, such as a Jabba's Sail Barge (doesn't fully need to be to scale) or an Imperial Star Destroyer?

3-Any chance of seeing new comic packs or something similar to bring out more EU, Video Games, Novel, and Comic based figures? 

4-Can Lucas and Hasbro work out a deal with the actresses to produce their figures?  Both parties have made more than enough money from fans throughout the last 30+ years that they can surely fork over the case to appease fans. 

5-How about some decent sturdy playsets of the more iconic scenes such as Jabba's Palace or Cantina? 
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
Hasbro, whom is responsible for the poor product distribution of the Star Wars Vintage line? Is it retailers unwilling to risk buying case assortments? Hasbro Toyshop does offer case assortments but it would be desirable to the collectors to offer single figures - just like at retail we do not want repacks of most of the figures. 

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
Yeah, that's a good one. How about Hasbro offer single figs online like a Malgus or the new Starkiller instead of making collectors buy a whole friggen case for one or two figs or paying way too much from amazon or Brians?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
I regularly check about 13 to 14 major retail stores in my area (northern California) for new star wars figures....Where the hell are the new waves!   We are drowning in TPM wave. Had a brief appearance of the deleted scene figures than nothing for months but TPM wave figs.  Are you going to stop making StarWars because a lot of fans are getting worried with little new product showing up at retail.
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:42 AM »
My Questions for Hasbro:

We all know about the lack of new product on shelves & yet all etailers have these new figs when retailers do NOT.
Do they get priority or better deals. This just pushes prices higher for us & we spend less overall.
Hasbro Inc. posted a .04 per share market loss for Q1 & waiting on a disappointing Q2 results now.
Does Hasbro know that we are looking for new product but saturated with VERY old product at retailers.
If Hasbro cared enough to rotate their stock & remove the old & replace with new. Hasbro would make a bigger profit.
What effect does the China economy slowing & dollar erosion of value mean for prices? Will we see any more price increases in 2012-13?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
The retailer pegs are full of old product, the old answer of characters for kids isn't flying, nor is the product of the shelves. The price point of the toys is higher than all other toys on the shelves. When SW figs are close to double the pirce of a Batman fig which toy will momma buy her kid?
How long does Hasbro have the license for SW for? Do they intend to make it the best product out there or just limp to the finish line? Most are extremely upset with how the Madalorian Shuttle fiasco was handled.
What corrective actions will Hasbro put in place to resolve these issues?

Do they know the American consumer has cash in hand looking for something to buy? (you can put International consumer if ya want but this is my point of view)
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »
I have a good one.The guy who comes up with the case assortments needs to be fired.The Malgus wave could have had some harder to find figures in it like Bastila Shan or Col Cracken or the Mon Cal Pilot be chose to put in more of the TPM figures.Why?Clone wars is the same way.Why do you guys[Hasbro]find it nessasery to pack Anakin,Obiwan,and Yoda 2 to a case and short pack the clones.Sense those are the ones that sell like Boss and the phase 2 Wolff for example?

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:36:55 AM »
I have a good one.The guy who comes up with the case assortments needs to be fired.The Malgus wave could have had some harder to find figures in it like Bastila Shan or Col Cracken or the Mon Cal Pilot be chose to put in more of the TPM figures.Why?

ditto this question

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
hate of the idea of anyone losing their job - especially in this economy - but you gotta fire the dead wood in that place! Lots of idiots hiding in those cubicals.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »
Yeah I didn't mean that.if someone asks my question at comic con,omit that.I don't anyone fired.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »
Oh hell no, Donald Trump his ass. 2 per case min for any new fig should be automatic. Stop the kickbacks from the onliners wanting 4x the price.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
Do you really think Hasbro gets kickbacks from online etailers?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 06:04:26 AM »
Oh hell no, Donald Trump his ass. 2 per case min for any new fig should be automatic. Stop the kickbacks from the onliners wanting 4x the price.
Do you really think Hasbro gets kickbacks from online etailers?
Absolutely these etailers get kickbacks or deals. They sell preorders for cases to us way before they ship.
They are able to keep overhead low & cost low by using our $$ to fill their inventory & then hike prices.
I understand a license to carry Hasbro is sick$$$$$, but ALL case assortments should have at least 2 of each fig.
Most etailers also sell on ebay, ever heard of market influence or manipulation.  It is easy when you help establish price levels?
I could have ordered every wave for way more $$ than retail from etailers. I can not find ANYTHING at retail.
The more demand there is? the higher the prices will be for us who have missed things.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
all new figures should be packed at least 2 per case

that wave with Bastilla Shan, Ponda Baba and Hoth Deck Officer dude should have been 4 of each of those

stop the constant carry forwards and give us the chance to buy something NEW
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »
Another question, How can Hasbro show us all this upcoming stuff, when a great many of us
still have NOT seen what was here in 2011? What good is it to hype upcoming product that almost no one will see?
If it is the same as last year & it seems worse? I didn't think it was possible?! Any plans of correcting this issue?
        make you intelligent."

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
no C6 exclusive???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 06:03:49 AM »
So,no C6 exclusive.Nice job alienating everyone Hasbro.Did anyone pin them down about the poor distribution and case ratios?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
I watched it on Star Wars Action News and I couldn't believe NO ONE got on em for it, talk about letting them off the damn hook.  ::) >:(
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
kind of like some softball questions... lame!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:19 AM »
In the defence of David who did get a question in on our behalf, asked about the Mando Transport. "High" on the list of repacks, I'm so damn sure!  ::)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
So was David able to interview Hasbro?   I was confused by the story on the main page.  If it is true when will we see the results of the interview.   I am dying to hear their response to lack of figures at retail. 

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »
I don't understand how the Jocasta Nu deal for C6 fell thru

did HasbroToyShop decide they didn't want to carry it so it fell to Brian's Toys?
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
I do know the interview did take place, I'm sure it's a matter of when we can get it published.  Sorry for the delays but did you see G4? Place looks crazier than last year!

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:22 PM »
I wish I could have "asked" questions? or demanded some answers on what is obvious failures.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »
Of all the sites out there, did anyone ask them about the s***ty distribution or is there a lack of cahones on the asking of questions?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 04:36:27 AM »
So was David able to interview Hasbro? If it is true when will we see the results of the interview.

Soon, hopefully later today. It's currently 3am here.

Of all the sites out there, did anyone ask them about the s***ty distribution or is there a lack of cahones on the asking of questions?

We brought it up.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
So was David able to interview Hasbro? If it is true when will we see the results of the interview.

Soon, hopefully later today. It's currently 3am here.

Exellent! What was thier response?

We brought it up.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
it was bought up?? did they just smile and ignore it?

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
I have a plan for Hasbro & it is not going to be good.

Spice you may "strike back"? I'm going for blood! Hasbro has a Prefered Stock Holder Conference in Aug.
Stock Holders care about 1 thing & that is profits. A little more light shed on Hasbro's failures is needed.
        make you intelligent."

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 06:39:24 AM »
Did I miss the posting of the Q&A session with Hasbro from SDCC?  IF so can someone steer me in the right direction.  Those are most often more interesting than the stuff they show.

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 11:28:23 PM »
We'll get this on the front page tomorrow, but here's Part 1 of my report from the Hasbro booth! Enjoy!

Another Comic-Con has come and gone, and once again Hasbro has left us with a lot to look forward to and consider. Collectors had a lot of questions on their minds going into the big event this year. Yet at the same time a lot of the new stuff shown in San Diego last weekend wasn’t entirely unexpected. Hasbro’s worst kept secret this year was the return of the Droid Factory concept to the basic figure line, which of course meant that the super popular Vintage Collection would have to be put on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time.

Once again, Droid Factory is coming to us in a line called the Legacy Collection. Each wave of figures will have a buildable droid, which is their clever way of getting us to buy every new figure that gets released for their droid part. This also opens up all kinds of exciting possibilities for getting various new droid characters in the line. The first buildable droid we’re seeing in Wave 1 is the pilot of Count Dooku’s solar sailer, FA-4, who has made appearances in both Attack of the Clones and The Clone Wars animated series. The other buildable droid in Wave 1 is the protocol droid TC-70, who fans of The Clone Wars will remember as Jabba the Hutt’s translator in the 2008 film. It seems the return of Droid Factory is giving Hasbro a chance to produce some memorable droid characters that have shown up in The Clone Wars in the realistic format. And that’s awesome because if you’re a Clone Wars character who’s not Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, or some kind of clone trooper, then your chances of being released in the animated format seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer as the TV series and its dedicated toy line appear to be winding down. (More on this in a moment.)

The attention to Clone Wars droids continues in Wave 2 of the Legacy Collection, which will bring us a realistic version of Mace Windu’s striking astromech droid R8-B7 (who was last seen in the Toys R Us exclusive Rise of Boba Fett set). The other buildable droid for Wave 2 is R5-X2, the long-awaited red and white R5 unit seen among Jabba’s entourage during the Podracing scenes in The Phantom Menace.

With the return of Droid Factory, two classic droid characters on a lot of people’s minds are 8D8 and EV-9D9 from Jabba’s palace in Return of the Jedi, who both haven’t seen release since the Power of the Force 2 days. During my first visit to the Hasbro booth on Friday as I prepared for my official interview with the Star Wars brand management team, I asked Derryl DePriest if they’d be showing up in this format. I was told that they’re under consideration, but would most likely come to us in the Vintage Collection when they do finally get released. It’s encouraging to hear the Vintage Collection being referred to in the future tense still, because obviously collectors will be anxiously awaiting the return of this classic beloved line look. (And as for 8D8 and EV-9D9, I have to agree that it would be most fitting to see modern versions on vintage cards.)

I took advantage of a few extra minutes chatting with Derryl to ask a few more specific questions about the line. As we checked out the upcoming Republic Trooper figure from The Old Republic and took his helmet off for some pictures, Derryl expressed how glad he was that characters from this popular new video game installment got to see release in the Vintage Collection this year. I brought up the game’s Jedi protagonist, Satele Shan, and he told me that she is definitely the first character up next for release, although she isn’t scheduled yet.

The Clone Wars line had a disappointing lack of presence both during the Friday morning presentation and at the booth. Nothing new was revealed that we hadn’t seen before, and the only new Clone Wars item still yet to be released that was shown was the upcoming Target exclusive Darth Maul Returns Battle Pack. This Battle Pack features Darth Maul in his first animated appearance, a re-release of the highly sought after armored Savage Oppress figure, and what is supposed to be a generic Nightsister figure. Derryl revealed that the Nightsister figure in this set was originally supposed to be a Sith Witch figure based on the Expanded Universe, and was planned for release in the Vintage Collection before it was decided that it would be a good fit for this multi-pack. It certainly looks more like a realistic figure than its two animated counterparts, and this explains why. It is not at all intended to be Mother Talzin. Unfortunately I asked Derryl if the specific character of Mother Talzin would ever be released in either the animated or realistic line, and he said it was very unlikely. I guess Talzin suffers from the ‘old ladies in robes don’t sell well’ mindset, although I think her action-oriented appearances in Clone Wars episodes such as “Massacre” would make her exciting enough to warrant a figure. She’s certainly an important enough character, but sadly it seems she’ll always be a hole in our collections, and the Nightsister/Mother Talzin figure will have to do. The good news is the Nightsister figure does look fantastic and is very well sculpted and articulated.

While we were on the topic of Clone Wars stuff, I asked Derryl when and how we’d be seeing the Pong Krell figure that was confirmed in the last of 2011’s Q&A sessions, and got more bad news. The fan-favorite scheming Besalisk general has been postponed, and isn’t even scheduled for 2013 anymore. It sounds like we’re going to have to make a point of telling Hasbro that we’re very interested in seeing this figure released as soon as possible. The line won’t be complete without him.

Shifting the focus back to movie stuff, I also asked Derryl if we’d be seeing an ‘ultimate’ figure of Princess Leia from A New Hope (without the awful swivel elbows) any time soon. The answer was no, which was actually a little surprising since it’s been a long, long time since we’ve seen Leia with the classic buns ‘do in the line. However fans of the Original Trilogy still have plenty to be excited about in the coming months.

A lot of great stuff is coming to us from Endor in particular. While I was at the booth on Friday I saw Brian Merto (who is in charge of bringing us exclusives) showing off the upcoming Toys R Us exclusive Speeder Bike with Biker Scout set. The bike is an incredibly cool all-new sculpt, replacing the decades-old mold that had been reused countless times. It’s lost the (often annoying) ‘exploding’ action feature but still features all kinds of good stuff such as an attachable cannon and a neat ‘hovering’ display base. The Biker Scout is a mostly new figure with ball-jointed hips to ride the bike and neck articulation that allows a greater range of motion than a standard ball-socket joint (including allowing him to look forward in the direction he’s traveling on the bike).

Another exclusive Return of the Jedi vehicle coming up is a new AT-ST repaint in gorgeous Vintage Collection packaging. This Kmart exclusive is meant to be the specific AT-ST that Chewbacca and his Ewok companions hijacked in the film. Perhaps the coolest and most unexpected new reveals at the entire show were two Kmart exclusive figure two-packs to go along with the new AT-ST, one of which features its two drivers and the other one which includes its two Ewok hijackers. They come in some really cool Special Action Figure Set packaging, and Derryl says he’s excited to see a two-pack that features Original Trilogy army builders (the AT-ST Drivers). He mentioned that it could be the first of many similar releases along these lines. Wouldn’t it be cool to get a Gammorrean Guard two-pack like this? (I made sure to suggest it to them.)

[Stay tuned for Part 2 of my report from the Hasbro booth, where I’ll be covering the details of Sandtroopers.com’s official interview with the Star Wars brand management team.]

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:05:27 AM by David D. »

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 07:54:45 AM »
what did they say about crappy distribution?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »

This.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »

This.

The most important question of all time.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »
build a droid is a good way to force us to buy all those crappy repacks.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »
Any  mention on why they keep using way oversized helmets for Phase 2 clones instead of complimenting the VC #45 mold with a proper looking Phase 2 helmet?  Thanks!

;)

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »
Hasbro announced that Q2 profits of .03 a share? not good.
Hasbro said sales are down in US & EU? Was asked about distribution issues?
Hasbro answered: We can not generate sales at retail level? We will supply orders to any retailer that needs product.
Hasbro is basically blaming poor sales on Global Economy? We have to deal with it. Its beyond their control?
I smell a pile of ?????????
        make you intelligent."

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »
wow, nice to see hasblo blaming the retailers from ordering their terrible cases assortments... they should sell direct and not force you to buy these cases of repacks and 3 or so new figures... In Europe was selling full cases of Death Star Troopers during the POTF2 fiasco... hang it up hasbro and continue to make your beyblades - oh - those suck too..

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
What a load of Bantha dung.  HasBLO couldn't find their collective asses with a mirror and a yardstick.  It's so easy to for them to blame the economy.  All they have to do, is do their JOBS and listen.  A few trips to the retailers that plainly show the lack of new product and the glut of TPM and Movie Zeroes CRAP doesn't take that much effort.

They just don't care.  They really don't.  As long as the toys are sold to the retailers, they don't shive a git after that.  Couple that with their ridiculous online shop that could disappear and nobody would care, and you have the state of collecting now, as well as to come.

Up yours, HasBLO.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2012, 04:54:43 AM »
Well it is retail that orders these and these are figures we are going to buy because they look cool.With that said,my area is a mess.It almost looks like my area is scared to death of the vintage line.A fellow collector in Auburn Alabama found the Tarkin wave a few weeks ago.I only found the Malgus wave only once at Target and that was it.Clone wars is the same way.Now I am seeing an influx of wave 1 Movie legends.Oh goodie.

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
Here's what I see in stores: TVC flies off the shelf. I go to any store and the shelves are all TPM and MH. Since the re-release of TPM, there may be 4 Vintage figures and 10 pegs full of the others. So, its obvious to me what is selling and what is not. And let's face it, it's us who are buying these. I never see kids looking at SW, they are looking at Ben10 and Beyblade crap. Pack as many Malgus and Starkiller in cases as they do Naboo guards and Jar Jars and see what happens. They will sell product.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »
What a load of Bantha dung.  HasBLO couldn't find their collective asses with a mirror and a yardstick.  It's so easy to for them to blame the economy.  All they have to do, is do their JOBS and listen.  A few trips to the retailers that plainly show the lack of new product and the glut of TPM and Movie Zeroes CRAP doesn't take that much effort.

They just don't care.  They really don't.  As long as the toys are sold to the retailers, they don't shive a git after that.  Couple that with their ridiculous online shop that could disappear and nobody would care, and you have the state of collecting now, as well as to come.

Up yours, HasBLO.
Well said!
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline CHEWIE34

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »
Here's what I see in stores: TVC flies off the shelf. I go to any store and the shelves are all TPM and MH. Since the re-release of TPM, there may be 4 Vintage figures and 10 pegs full of the others. So, its obvious to me what is selling and what is not. And let's face it, it's us who are buying these. I never see kids looking at SW, they are looking at Ben10 and Beyblade crap. Pack as many Malgus and Starkiller in cases as they do Naboo guards and Jar Jars and see what happens. They will sell product.

Pretty hard to argue with that.

;)

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
Well said!

Thanks.  I wish that I didn't have to say such things, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em.  The last figure I purchased was VC93 Darth Vader, and it had to be online because no stores have anything past TPM and Movie ZEROS.

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
Hasblo is making it look like our summer heat wave, with no water in sight for days upon days upon days. I keep checking 2 or 3 times a week upon week upon week and still can't find any New SW figures or other items. This SUCKS. Just like HASBLO, Blame Somebody Else...

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
Man,if only Hasbro could look at this thread and see the frustration they have rot.

Offline commander gree123

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:42 PM »
I think that you should ask why they are over pricing non articulated figures.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.” -Darth Vader ANH

Offline User897

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-2
  • Ancient Spirit of Evil
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
I think that you should ask why they are over pricing ALL OF THEIR figures.

^^^ Fixed. ^^^