Author Topic: Jkno's collection from Transylvania  (Read 29199 times)

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
Re: Jkno's collection from Transylvania
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
There is only 1 Stormtrooper bust and 1 Stormtrooper statue made by GG. All others are not really Stormtroopers but Sandies, Blackhole Stormtroopers/Shadow troopers etc. The Vintage line is a bit overpriced I give you that, but I paid waaaaay less for my Stormie. I don';t have too many chances of getting good deals where I live, but this one was EXCELLENT, too good to pass on. ;)
My collection
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
If they were cheaper? I'd get them. You can't go wrong with a "good" deal. Wish I could find some, a few or hell just 1.??
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:42 AM »
I had a big cleaning and dusting so here it is a Stormtroopers galore:

My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »
Am I the only collector who wishes someone would make a cleaner thats a dust-repelent?
Too many white Troopers who seem to attract dust??
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
The funny thing is I didn't dust in my cabinets since 2 years ago. The dust is best seen on black and not on white, and it wasn't too much dust inside after all. The glass doors protected the stuff inside the cabinets very well. :)

The Sterling Mk4/L2A3 Stormtrooper blaster conversion display with the new stand and extra plaque:

My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 05:30:36 AM »
SWEET!!! looks amazing!
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 06:13:30 AM »
Many thanks!! :)
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 06:01:26 AM »
The Stormtrooper blasters display - on top there is the Master Replicas version and on middle shelf there is the converted Sterling:

My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 06:07:20 AM »
Looks great!!
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 07:22:18 AM »
Thanks John! :)
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 05:46:00 AM »
I finally upgraded my converted Sterling blaster further with a rare real Eagle Hengstler. One more step in making it complete, not that it wasn't complete before, since as I already said, it was accurate to a specific scene from ANH, where Han shoots the comm panel in the detention area, and there his blaster doesn't have Hengstler, just cylinders. The next step might be to upgrade the cylinders with the newly discovered TCC capacitors and maybe the dual wires. Work in progress, thriving for even more accuracy :)

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:35 AM »
Brian Muir "In the Shadow of Vader" book with autograph and signed plaque:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 03:51:31 AM »
My converted Sterling is now almost finished, with real Eagle Hengstler, genuine M-40 scope (next week a M-38 arrives too), accurate T-tracks, and the new cylinders:

The 2 cylinders sets I got from Joerg, the one with dual small capacitors (left) and the one with 3 holes (right) arrived. In the one with the 3 holes I added the newly found screen accurate small capacitors I received from a good friend after painting them, they are just attached with their wires and no glue or anything else, so if I want to reposition them or take them off, it can be done in seconds.

The entire ensemble is connected to the blaster with 2 flat and powerful rare earth magnets (glued to the cylinders and painted black), thus I can exchange between the two options and also change the position of the cylinders if want to - too bad Master Replicas didn't add some of these greeblies to their version of the Stormtrooper blaster, it would have been so much better:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:40 AM »
Marmit 1:6 Stormtrooper just arrived. It is a FANTASTIC figure! I think this is indeed among the most accurate scaled Stormtrooper collectibles, very close to the Gentle Giant mini-bust IMO. The Marmit looks like a guy dressed up as Stormtrooper, which is quite awesome.

The Marmit armor has the rivets on sides, the bicep armor even has the "thumb print" found on the original armors, and the E-11 blaster, though maybe not as sharp as Sideshow's, has its own accurate parts like an M-19 scope (Sideshow's has M-38/M-40 scope) and the cylinders. The old Marmit body is better than the floppy Sideshow version. The helmet is simply fantastic and there is NO comparison with the Sideshow version. Of course you need to assemble this Marmit kit yourself (I got mine in an unopened box) and thus you need minimal skills to do so.

Sideshow version has its own pros though: sturdier material for armor, better E-11 blaster, more accurate thermal detonator (with the metal clips), more accurate cloth belt, a better way to attach the shoulder bells, chest armor and and especially the drop boxes, leather holster, joints on the feet. But overall the Marmit is still way ahead the Sideshow Stormtrooper in so many ways.

Here are some pics of my TK:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »
The new Kotobukiya Stormtroopers which are 1:10 thus a bit smaller compared to the old line of 1:6 or 1:7. But the duo of Stormtropers are simply fantastic. In fact I think they are now among my favorite Stormtrooper figures or statues in my collection. They are smaller than many others (of course bigger than regular Hasbro figures), but very detailed and quite accurate. In fact they seem to be a combination of ESB and ROTJ Stormtrooper, and the blaster is a ROTJ one and very accurate with all the greeblies on it. Really cool in this scale. And you have lots of poses and extra legs and hands to choose from. I went for this static one but could have chosen more.

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »
For the real prop collectors, I replaced the M-40 scope with the newly arrived M-38 scope, not a big difference, but to the trained eye there is a significant one. Another step to accuracy will be upgrading the cylinders even more very soon.

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 09:47:10 AM »
A Sterling Submachine Gun 9mm trophy I received as present from a good friend.  This Sterling trophy is 23 cm long and 11 cm high and is made of resin and metal with a wooden base, and is dedicated to Sgt. R.J. Wingrove. As we know the Sterling Mk4/L2A3 was the base gun for the famous Stormtrooper blaster.

My collection

Offline Nabil6901

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • Youtube
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »
Very cool stuff man!!
Fear is the path to the dark side! Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering... which path will you take?

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
Very cool stuff man!!

Thank you ! :)

The same friend who got this for me also made me the Sterling blaster stand seen in a few posts above - he is a very talented craftsman. My friend also included in this package a better scope rail for my Sterling, a 16mm wide one, exactly like seen on screen, and this time it was made of steel, my old rail was only made of brass. My Sterling is getting better and better each day. :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:26:56 AM by jkno »
My collection

Offline Nabil6901

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • Youtube
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »
Very cool stuff man!!

Thank you ! :)

The same friend who got this for me also made me the Sterling blaster stand seen in a few posts above - he is a very talented craftsman. My friend also included in this package a better scope rail for my Sterling, a 16mm wide one, exactly like seen on screen, and this time it was made of steel, my old rail was only made of brass. My Sterling is getting better and better each day. :)

Now that's very cool! Great to have a friend who can help out in a collection right! Sweet stuff
Fear is the path to the dark side! Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering... which path will you take?

Jedimom

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:07 AM »
My son is drooling over that Sterling!

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 01:35:38 AM »
The funny thing is that this small Sterling trophy is very close in size (99% I think) with the old MR scaled Stormtrooper blasters.
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:40 AM »
I recently received a superb 1:6 Marmit AT-AT driver in box. It is a very accurate figure, Marmit even knew somehow the screen used armor was light gray and not white as we thought it was till recently. And finally my Marmit AT-AT Driver is complete with original decals/stickers (the original ones must have slipped outside the box), thanks to a good fellow collector who helped me by sending a set of original stickers for chest box and back armor. Here it is:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 05:41:46 AM »
The Elm-Studios life-size Emperor Palpatine bust arrived, REALLY COOL!! It really is very impressive in person, just like having the genuine ROTJ Emperor in the house. The only problem is with the plaque which arrived damaged. I will get a Ian McDiarmid autograph on a MR wide plaque anyway (C6 send-in service with Official Pix). Some fast pics, more later.

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »
As promised some more pics:

My collection

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »
It's really cool Serg but I like the Sideshow 1:1 much better.  The reason I say this is I like the rotten teeth on the Sideshow version, and I DID manage to get lucky and end up with #66!  As I said a great statue but I always wonder why collectible companies do stuff like this when there's something very close that's already been released.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »
It's really cool Serg but I like the Sideshow 1:1 much better.  The reason I say this is I like the rotten teeth on the Sideshow version, and I DID manage to get lucky and end up with #66!  As I said a great statue but I always wonder why collectible companies do stuff like this when there's something very close that's already been released.

Personally I never really liked the Sideshow Palpatine bust, I passed on it numerous times, it had that weird grin which was not too ROTJ, but more PT. The hood and clothes on the Elm-Studios is matched as closely as possible to the screen used ones, since there are many people involved in this bust, including Cyberman (the sculptor) and even Gino from eFX Collectbiles. Elm-Studios is not a company like Sideshow, but the stuff they made managed to add them on the Sideshow's list of collaborators for various projects.

I'm glad I got it since the edition size of this bust was initially 20 busts, but dropped to only 10 after some health problems with Bjorn. He also had troubles in finding the real fabric for this bust since the Sideshow fabric is not accurate. From what I know there were about 25 people wanting one, I received 2 PM's on RPF from members there asking me to sell it to them, since they missed the boat.

I always wanted an Emperor as seen in ROTJ, and this was it: the apparently calm, but evil and powerful Emperor, who manipulated everyone including Vader, Luke and the Rebels, who looked aged, but in fact, behind the old man mask, well hidden, there were the real Dark Force powers. This bust really shows that power of the Emperor but without the grin or looking sideways. This is the ROTJ Emperor as Sideshows is Prequels Palpatine.
My collection

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
That's what I felt they captured by adding the teeth was the moment the Emperor told luke he was mistaken about a great NUMBER of things.  As long as I've owned the Sideshow one I've never once thought PT.  The only difference I see is the fabric runs one direction on one, and the other.  I'd guess depending on what version of the film you watch does it differ!  :D ;) :) :P
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2012, 01:53:13 AM »
That's what I felt they captured by adding the teeth was the moment the Emperor told luke he was mistaken about a great NUMBER of things.  As long as I've owned the Sideshow one I've never once thought PT.  The only difference I see is the fabric runs one direction on one, and the other.  I'd guess depending on what version of the film you watch does it differ!  :D ;) :) :P

The fabric is completely different between the 2 busts. Cyberman and Bjorn had access to the SS version and also knew what the original fabric was. Sideshow went for the cheaper version and unfortunately that can be seen in most pictures. Of course the hood can be changed and thus improve the SS bust.

I don't say the SS bust doesn't look cool, it does, but it was not for me as an OT only collector. :) The only PT exception is with a couple Vader items but that is all, no clones for me, no Jedi etc. I wanted a ROTJ Emperor, the one that I've seen in Gino's collection (see above link) and this is the exact same sculpt and fabric. It is only a bust instead of a full life-size statue.

This is a bit like the Emperor when getting off the Imperial Shuttle to meet Vader in front of all the troops. It simply shows his hidden and true evil behind a calm mask.
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2012, 02:54:44 AM »
Temporary display for Palpatine bust:

My collection