Author Topic: Jkno's collection from Transylvania  (Read 29139 times)

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
Jkno's collection from Transylvania
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
As you maybe know I'm a collector from Transylvania Romania and my focus are Original Trilogy Imperials. You can see my displayed collection below. Thanks for watching.

My collection - Photobucket

Sideshow Experience - Collection of the Week

Rate My Collection - jkno

Sideshow Freaks Collection of the Week

Youtube links

My collection 2013:

Slideshow view:

Tunisia trip (Star Wars movie locations) 2008:

The collection with the blue lights:

Elm-Studios ROTJ Emperor bust with Official Pix Ian McDiarmid C6 autograph:

Life-size LAWS AT-AT Driver helmet and armor on custom bust. Chest-box comes with LED's that have 2 different lighting effects.

Converted Sterling MK4/L2A3 Stormtrooper E-11 blaster with genuine M-40 scope, accurate T-tracks, real Hengstler Eagle counter and cylinders, and with special made display stand:

CD collection - there are about 1500 CD's, 99% original CD's (not bootlegs) with ambient, electronic music, ethno, world, movie soundtracks, new age music, fusion, jazz and other related genres. They are from the times I worked at radio in 1998-2003. Example of artists and musicians I like: Vangelis, Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Kraftwerk, Kitaro, Mike Oldfield, Enya, Sarah Brightman, Pink Floyd, Gheorghe Zamfir etc., to name just a few better known artists.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:30:50 AM by jkno »
My collection
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: Jkno's collection from Transylvania
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »
WOW!  It's like Qui-Gon said, ALWAYS the bigger fish!  TOO cool and I see you've been QUITE busy of late.  :o
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
Thanks Chris! :)  My display did change a lot since my last post here, I live in a new house with a special room just for collecting. I started collecting helmets too, trying to find the most accurate out there like TE/TE2, SDS, SiMan/RSPropMasters, CfO, Kropserkel, ATA, MonCal, Laws etc.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:11:52 AM by jkno »
My collection

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:01:19 AM »
looks awesome Serg !

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »
My collection

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »
JKNO!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, impressive collection you have there, you have been very busy.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
Very nice collection!
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »
A very impressive collection. I love the Imperial theme.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline mr_anderson0001

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Star Wars For Life
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
Collection looks great man! I would love to get a Stormtrooper armour set one day.

:darthmaul2:
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for the kind words!

Recently I got a real deactivated British Sterling Mk4/L2A3 SMG Stormtrooper blaster with genuine M-40 Tank scope on it, and accurate T-tracks. It even comes with a cool metal plaque and an official deactivation certificate from UK (so is legal here too). Only the cylinders seem not 100% accurate, but I might get a set from Russ Replicas.

It is in PERFECT condition, since I've seen others with rust, and even with damage on various parts. Wanted this for years, but finally got it from a RPF UK member for a hell of a price. Couldn't believe my eyes, and is the real deal, not a replica.

It is simply awesome indeed, all the details that makes this very close to a screen used thing. Cannot get better than this, I got my blaster collection to a new level. A chapter of my collecting just closed, and another has opened.

My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:55:45 AM »
Totally awesome!! You are the "Imperial Vampire Hunter" of Translvannia.
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
Totally awesome!! You are the "Imperial Vampire Hunter" of Translvannia.

Thanks again!

In SW in many cases including Stormtroopers they used real working weapons. Thus if not deactivated it would be a REAL weapon which could shoot bullets, which is not allowed on many countries. That is why in ESB and especially on ROTJ Lucas didn't even use real Sterling sub-machine guns anymore, but went instead in many cases with resin copies of Sterlings upgraded as E-11 Stormtrooper blaster.

In the end this is the closest thing to what was used in A New Hope. It is a replica only because it replicates what was used in the movies, but otherwise it uses exactly the same components used by ILM.

Quote: "The E-11 blaster rifle prop was built from a British-made Sterling L2A3 sub-machine gun. To give the actors something to react to and to give rotoscoping artists timing reference when animating blaster bolts, the E-11 rifle props in the original trilogy—which were still fully operational firearms—were loaded with blank cartridges that were then fired to provide a practical effect. Because of this, expended 9mm casings can be seen ejecting from the props in several scenes in A New Hope, particularly during the assault on the Death Star's detention level. This can also be seen briefly in a closeup of Lando firing one in The Empire Strikes Back."

The pic below shows a real Sterling and an ROTJ E-11 blaster (mine is ANH)

A comparison info of the blasters I have: Sterling SMG, Master Replicas (I have 2 MR blasters, one complete with everything, and one loose), SDS, and Hasbro (unmodified).

The Master Replicas version is quite cool, but is about 90-95% accurate. The cocking mechanism (handle) and the spring on the right side of the real SMG is completely missing on the MR, that part is just a bit dented as a shape to what it should have been there, but no real hole. I know there were 501st customizing it and cutting that out, but is a hell of a job to do it since MR is metal too.

The weight is almost identical on both SMG and MR, thus quite impractical for 501st for trooping - heavy and not very comfortable. Trigger on MR is not working, neither is the A/S selector switch. The folding stock is one of the cool things MR could have done to make it work - I've seen people upgrading MR E-11 to have folding stock and seems it was not very difficult. It is a bit tricky to completely unfold the stock on SMG, but once you get the trick it is really fantastic - you need to push the end cap of the blaster in and also push the underside button (they both have springs) and only then the stock will open up completely and fit in the back perfectly.

My T-tracks seem more accurate than the MR ones, so is the scope (original M-40). But MR scope seems to be an exact copy after M-38/M-40 tank scope anyway (so quite accurate), and not after M-19  (which also were used on E-11 blasters), of course the MR blaster scope has that red computer targeting grid, which is very cool on its own. The MR blaster is cleaned up looking very pristine, also having all the specific numbers and codes removed (maybe because of the gun laws).

The SDS E-11 is copied after a similar real Sterling which belongs to CfO, and thus is very accurate, on some components even better than MR (SDS does have partial cocking mechanism and even a spring like tube inside, plus a Hengstler counter copy and metal cylinders), on others it looses some sharpness, but being made of plastic is kind of understandable. After all the SDS blaster, as being made of PVC tubing and plastic/resin, is excellent for trooping but will look cool on display as well.

The Hasbro Stormtrooper blaster is what you see LOL, unmodified it looks very inaccurate, but with some upgrading kits it may look cool too. Of course there are other fan made blasters or kits like hyperfirm or doopydoos which are very accurate, but more expensive than Hasbro version. Spice or other 501st could chime in and tell us more too.

In the end both MR and the SDS are quite accurate on their own, some work may be done on both to make them even more accurate, but they are very cool nevertheless. But none is even close to holding a piece like the real SMG. The seller told me I won't let it off my hands and he was totally right. Now just to get a cool stand for it - working in progress already ;)

It seems there as many as 6 or even 8 different versions of E-11 in ANH (according to different scources), some with all greeblies (Hengstler counter and cylinders on the magazine - like SDS), some with just the Hengstler, some with just the cylinders (like Han's - and mine) and others with nothing (like MR).

Mine just looks like this one:

Or here: http://www.partsofsw.com/index.htm it is like the BlasTech E-11 (Stormtrooper Blaster) ANH Version C aka Han Solo's blaster from the detention cell block, when he is shooting at the comm panel. It seems the seller intention was indeed to make it like that, that's why no Hengstler on it, just the 2 cylinders. It seems its maker is one of the known RPF professionals, and the seller just got it from him later.

BTW an interesting read about how deactivated guns are allowed but not replicas LOL. Really stupid...
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 04:41:42 AM »
Attakus 1:5 Stormtrooper statue in a trade with a good friend. One of the last representations of the Stormtrooper that I needed for my collecting focus:

My girlfriend got me her second present for my birthday 3 about months ago, next to the Brian Rood "Trooper" print, the Attakus TIE Pilot - see below:

The Attakus TIE fighter pilot statue. Really nice statue, not that accurate, but very cool though. It will complete my SDS TIE Pilot life-size bust well. :)

After my first Stormtrooper arrived with a broken belt (seems quite many came with broken parts, especially broken legs, because of the poor Sideshow packaging), I got my replacement belt and he is up on display. A really nice statue, some parts are very accurate (like the fabric belt and the thermal detonator clips), and some are not really (especially the big lower jaw on the helmet). Even so the Stormtrooper PF statue is very cool and I'm glad I got it in my collection:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
C-1 Imperial comlink with hovi-mix PA2 tip (the same with the original Stormtrooper helmet dual microphones/aerators) and accurate finned body with display case:

My collection

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
Very cool, I've thought about adding one to my costume but I think it's heavy enough!  ;)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
This is a very small prop, made of resin and thus quite light. I have a bigger, and not so accurate version, which is in the hands of my 1:1 Stormie:  :)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:56:36 AM by jkno »
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:32 AM »
Finally a short video of the stunning RS Prop Masters (SiMan) Stormtrooper helmet, the most accurate Stunt helmet out there:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
A temporary display for my converted E-11 Sterling blaster - this time on the doopydoos stand, but a new stand is coming as we speak, when that arrives, a comparison can be made:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 06:59:27 AM »
Just a teaser of the deactivated Sterling converted as Stormtrooper blaster with the new stand, I'm waiting for a second plaque to arrive, and then I'll show the entire setup:

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 02:33:05 AM »
I got my Jason Christman Imperial prints. I ordered the "That's no moon" one, but package got lost in mail. Then I talked to Jason by email, and he decided to send replacement, and also added 2 more Imperial prints for free. Really great!

My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 01:32:53 AM »
Not long ago I was talking to a former high school colleague and friend who works now at the local museum at a restauration sector. He is a big sci-fi fan and likes SW too. He visited my house and showed him my collection, then I discussed with him about weathering my SDS Stormtrooper blaster which was too pristine for my taste.

I have the MR Stormtrooper blaster which is clean, shiny and idealized, then I have the real demilled Sterling which has some cool wear and tear spots like a real gun has, and then the SDS blaster which was very clean. I decided to weather the SDS version quite a lot, to make it look like it was used in battles all over the galaxy. The small Sideshow blasters that came with their 1:6 figures inspired me to do this too, they have nice weathering as well.

Thus together with my friend we used silver paint which gave a lot of depth to the Hengstler counter and to the other protruding parts, which would get scratched in real life too. It also separated the folding stock part from the body of the gun really well. When I visited the museum he showed me a few WWII weapons and we decided to go with heavy weathering and scratches on the SDS Stormie blaster exactly like it was on some of those real "war used" WWII rifles.

I know the real scope is bronze, but I didn't want to use two different paints for weathering. Some could say the blaster is a bit over-weathered, but this is exactly as I wanted it since as I said I already have a pristine looking blaster (MR) and a lightly weathered one (the Sterling is lightly weathered like any real weapon would be).

The funny thing is that even if I totally hate painting I did most of the job myself, under my friend's supervision, he only corrected a few things he considered needing his pro hand. Some bad quality pics:

My collection

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 07:20:03 AM »
I've always found less can be more when it comes to weathering.  Sometimes subtle touches are all it takes to make the difference.  I carry the kids toy with my sandie as I usually hand that one off to kids for photo ops, but I would like to upgrade to a more realistic looking blaster someday.

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:14 AM »
I've always found less can be more when it comes to weathering.  Sometimes subtle touches are all it takes to make the difference.  I carry the kids toy with my sandie as I usually hand that one off to kids for photo ops, but I would like to upgrade to a more realistic looking blaster someday.

I already have a MR blaster which was exactly like this SDS one: pristine, black, shiny and no weathering at all. I also have the real deact. Sterling which has a regular weathering like any gun would. The inspiration for this blaster were a few real WW2 rifles used by the Romanian army in 1944 - we took as model all their dents and scratches since those old rifles were indeed used in the battle of Paulis where Romanians fought the Horthyst nazi troops.
My collection

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
I just got the Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper - that is an ugly Stormtrooper :D ... but I love it:

My collection

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »
I've really been looking at a couple of the GG vintage figures but I KNOW if I take that plunge I'll have to go back and get the rest.  I think Fett is hitting for 300 plus on Ebay so I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 07:09:33 PM »
I buy alot of stuff from GG, but could NOT pull trigger on this line. It seems like the detail was lacking in fig molds & paint?

I want super detailed accurate looking stuff & this line was skipped after inspecting them closely.
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 12:58:16 AM »
I like this for what it is, an over-sized vintage Stormtrooper with all its flaws and inaccuracies. I won't get any other from this line, maybe the real vintage 12" Stormtrooper if I can find one at a nice price. Since my primary focus are Stormies I had to get this and I like it a lot. I can see many other new Stormtrooper renditions (even some high end stuff) being less accurate that they could be in these modern times.
My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:55 AM »
All the GG is super cool. I just wish GG could have made them accurate looking for the price.
Looking at quality detail to busts & statues, they could have done 2 versions? 1 Vin & 1 super detailed.
I bet he fits right into your Impressive Imperial collection?
        make you intelligent."

Offline jkno

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • My collection
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »
All the GG is super cool. I just wish GG could have made them accurate looking for the price.
Looking at quality detail to busts & statues, they could have done 2 versions? 1 Vin & 1 super detailed.
I bet he fits right into your Impressive Imperial collection?

Gentle Giant already has a Stormtrooper statue and of course the Stormtrooper bust which is the most accurate scaled Stormie ever.
My collection

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 05:19:34 AM »
I have all the Stormie busts & statues. They are very detailed & looking at them & then the Vin lines look ???? in comparison.
For the price of them?! They should be "state of the art" molds. Show us what you can do GG.
        make you intelligent."