Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 237755 times)

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #2130 on: October 14, 2011, 03:10:47 AM »
I'm hoping the Rangers beat Detroit.  On the NL side I'd be happy with either team, but it would be cool to see Milwaukee make it.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #2131 on: October 14, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »
I'm hoping the Rangers beat Detroit.  On the NL side I'd be happy with either team, but it would be cool to see Milwaukee make it.

I agree !

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2132 on: October 24, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
Here come the Rangers!  8) :o  LOOK out Josh!  ;) :D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #2133 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:46 AM »
Go Rangers !  Napoli MVP !!!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2134 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »
I KNOW the Cards are a rival and stuff but can the Cubs PLEASE put off the Theo savior talk bulls**t on hold until at LEAST after the series or BETTER YET when they have a deal worked out for him?  THIS thing started reminding me of the Perry Feuell <SP fiasco the Bears had years back.  Cart, horse people!! GET it right!  >:( >:( ;D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2135 on: October 28, 2011, 12:57:26 PM »
MY stint as a Rangers fan is officially OVER!  >:( :'( 8)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #2136 on: October 28, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
MY stint as a Rangers fan is officially OVER!  >:( :'( 8)

don't give up yet hoss, 1 game left !

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2137 on: December 08, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
I'm shocked Puhols left St. Louis, Josh you gotta be devastated bro.  HOW do you not pony up another 50 mil for that guy??  WHY the Angels too?  I would have understood any of the other suiters but it's not making much sense...

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #2138 on: April 02, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »
normally doesnt mean much who the orioles sign but i found their new aquisition, jonny damon, comments hilarious. here is a clip from yahoo sports with the comments:

"It feels great," said Damon. "I'm relieved to have found a team that could use me. I'm just happy to be here—hope I can help the ballclub. I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out." Damon will wear #22, since his preferred #18 is currently worn by pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada.

to explain, in the movie bull durham kevin costner plays an aging minor league catcher brought to the durham bulls to teach young dimwitted ace pitcher tim robbins. in one scene costner teaches robbins baseball cliches which is word for word what is highlited in italics that damon said.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2139 on: April 02, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »
WOW!  You gotta wonder if the Orioles are ever going to pull out of it, HOW long has Cal been gone?  I'm pretty sure both Chicago teams will suck but I know a couple of the big baseball guru's have picked them to finish DEAD last, which didn't go over well with the rest of the vets in the clubhouse.