Author Topic: The Dark Side is Strong with the Emperor Throne.  (Read 7012 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
The Dark Side is Strong with the Emperor Throne.
« on: July 10, 2004, 01:59:31 PM »
Finally after 9.5 long frustrating months I have finsihed my largest Recreation to date, the Emperor's Throne from Return of the Jedi.
Though not 100% accurate I am very pleased with what I have created. I had to build this thing to fit through standard doorways and stairwells.

If you want to see how I made this thing http://www.djsyczylo.net/Collections/STARWARS/replicas/EThrone/EThrone.htm

Here are a few quick images

Now I have to complete my Emperor costume and Replica Head and then I can have the Emperor sitting where he belongs. Next to my side. The Power of The Dark Side is strong.

Please tell me what you think.

Thank you,
David (Boba Binks)
www.djsyczylo.net
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +18/-0
  • Sandtroopers.com Graphito Suprema!
    • Sandtroopers.com-Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.
Re:The Dark Side is Strong with the Emperor Throne.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 02:59:53 PM »
David that is one of the coolest (outside of Hollywood) props I have ever seen. You certainly did an awesome job on it. That would be so cool to have something like that. :o
Sandtroopers.com -Your fair and balanced Star Wars news source.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 06:56:45 PM »
Very sleek David, how much to ship it to Maryland? Emperor Crypt would look great seated there doing his artwork. I hear he has been quite busy of late... Preparing our global assault.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »
 :D I am glad you like it.
I am surprised but since I posted pictures on my site I have had several people ask me if I would sell it. Maybe after Celebration 3 I will consider it.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 07:09:43 AM »
David, do not sell it.  Were your true intentions in making this incredible piece of Star Wars artwork to make money off of it?  I know you pretty well, as well as you can learn about a person without ever meeting them face-to-face, but I don't think that's something you would end up doing.  Keep it for yourself, or donate it to the dustrho Foundation.   ;)   8)

Seriously though, you shouldn't sell it to anyone, because you spent 9.5 months building this with your bare hands.  Hopefully some day I will be able to see this in person, along with all of your other wonderful creations.

Keep up the great work!  I didn't ask you to come on staff because you're the biggest Jar Jar Binks fan, that's for sure!   ;)   :-*
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 07:10:14 AM by dustrho »

Offline Wayne

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Wayne
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 07:38:25 AM »
Very nice job there David.  I like the throne but I enjoyed the pics of the progress as much. I always like to see the journy to a final version.    It looks cool.

How much does it weigh?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 07:38:41 AM by reconsgt »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 12:55:22 PM »
Hey dustrho will you shut up already, I wanna buy it!  >:( Shesh It would look great with my ass in it! hehe
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 01:17:36 PM »
Hey dustrho will you shut up already...

Wanna make me?   ;)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 08:34:04 AM »
so, the real question is, does it come with a built in remote for the TV??  and is there a cooler built in there anywhere to keep the beer on ice??

great job!

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 01:23:21 PM »
I have had an offer from a guy in St. Louis of $5,000.00 for the Throne in Cash.
Though the money offered is something I could use I do not think the time and effort I put into this project I could sell. Plus if I sold this piece then I would have to say yes into selling my other pieces. So the answer is a big NO it is not for sale. Unless someone offered something like $10,000.00 and a mint life size Jar Jar Binks then I would think about it.

The Throne taken off the base weighs about 70lbs. The Base itself is about 40lbs due to the concrete filling the base. Then the rubber ring is about 5lbs.

There is a rest for Luke's Lightsaber. I guess you could put a TV remote there. ;)
and for the ice cold beer. You just have to get up and get it from the fridge like everyone else unless you have a dog who will fetch it for you.

Anyone who comes to Indy for C3 is more than welcome to come over and see my collection or museum as some call it. I am always happy to show off my ever-growing collection of toys and other stuff. Hell we can even have a BBQ in the backyard.

**Sorry no Flush or Toilet Paper. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 11:07:52 PM by Boba Binks »

Offline Emperor Crypt

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United, we find! Unified! ~~Special Ops at ST~~
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 08:26:44 PM »
That is seriously cool!
Probably hard on the 'roids though, maybe that was the problem with the Emperor.... but not this one!!!  LOL!

Binks, where is the "flush" button and where you hiding the toilet paper on that puppy???

GREAT JOB man!  Fo' Real....

-Emperor Crypt
============================

Collecting is a born trait... you will collect until you die... that's a fact Jack!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 12:05:50 AM »
I like the 6 pack cooler, wasn't nobody trying to hear about the roids' dogg, THAT is the problem with all these damn Sith Lords! They are so foul!!!

Offline Sigfredo

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Visit my website for cool stuff!!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 08:07:19 PM »
That is so cool.  I would love to have the kind of skill it takes to build something like that.

Great Job!!

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 08:03:26 PM »
Well I finished my Emperor costume thanks to Tammy who made the outer robe for me.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2004, 05:59:36 PM »
Well work continues on the Empeor.
This weekend I finished my attempt at recreating the Emperor's head. Human heads are so tough to do. I struggled with this head for long enough now. I have a fairly good representation of the head though not like the original head I am happy with it.
I think people will understand who it is.

One thing that I am not happy with is that the head looks to happy. I tried for a stern look but I just could not get it right.

Anyways here is my attempt at recreating the head.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 06:48:09 AM »
David, how did you make this head?  Did you start off with a styrofoam head, and then use sculpy on?  Or did you start off with a mannequin's (sp.?) head?  Please, do tell.   ;D

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 01:31:41 PM »
Here is how I made the Emperor head. http://www.djsyczylo.net/Collections/STARWARS/lifesize/LSemperor/EmperorHead/EmpHead.htm

I am currently working on the hands. Which are going to be simple repaints of plastic severed hands that I picked up from a Halloween store.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004, 01:34:47 PM »
Wow David!  That is really cool how you went about making that head.  Is there any way you can make him look a little more evil?

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2004, 07:33:56 PM »
I am thinking in the near future of attempting to make a second head that is more evil and menancing. But for now I am happy with how it is.

Offline Rabid Ewok

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
  • The guy.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004, 08:39:40 PM »
You can do some amazing work Boba Binks!  It's awesome how you can take an idea and turn it into a kick a$$ chair!  So which room of the house does the emperor watch over his minions?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:39:52 PM by Kaantur_Set »

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 12:51:38 PM »
All my Star Wars stuff is located on the lower level of the house. It is my Star Wars / Toy museum. When you come down the stairs and look across the room the Emperor sits there waiting for you.

Thank you for the kind words.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 08:25:54 PM »
Your skills are very amazing Binks, my only other wish is you could mass produce the products! VERY cool and I hope to visit the Boba Binks Museum of Star Wars and Antiquities when I am in Indy next April!

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2004, 09:28:08 AM »
There will be museum tours at the Binks Toy and Prop Museum.
I am always happy to show off my stuff so others can enjoy it as much as I.

Offline The Ghost of QG

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +19/-0
  • Kansas City Chiefs- 2006 Super Bowl Champs!!!
    • http://ghostofqg.freeservers.com/
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2004, 09:41:59 PM »
I took a look at your site and the pics you've posted here in the forum. OMG. Dude, your work is off the hook. You have got serious talent . Great work.
Phillip Wise and his websites are the cancer of the Star Wars internet community.

Make the world a better place
punch Phillip Wise in the face

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 08:55:27 AM »
One day soon I hope to land a production job in film. I just have to keep adding to my props to show I can create and recreate.