Author Topic: NCAA is the Mob?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
NCAA is the Mob?
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »
I found this article interesting and I wonder how ESPN is going to handle this?  The same way Hank Williams Jr's analogy was used against him?  I doubt it, but it shows you the f'd up double standard that is out there.  What is pure hilarity is the fact the dood talking stuff is a ILLINOIS congressman!  ::)

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7177833/illinois-congressman-bobby-rush-compares-ncaa-mafia
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
Re: NCAA is the Mob?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »
It always comes down to money & influence, ever wonder how Vegas seems to get the spread so close?
Remember NBA ref that was caught helping "Bookies". Where there is so much money changing hands & tv rights/advertising.
there will be "issues". It covers all major sports the NBA & NFL. NCAA learns from them how to manipulate everything.
I live in TN & Hank Williams is really BIG here in redneck land. Why the hell do you ask these people for their opinions. What do you
expect Hank to say??? His little comparison of Obama & Boehner playing golf was truthful to a simple redneck. If both sides are so adamently
disagreeing? Why are you playing golf together? Its just like WWE on screen we fight, off screen we're buddies, all working for the same people
& its not the citizens.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."