Author Topic: New Target set up  (Read 11230 times)

Offline Old Jedi

• Premium
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +13/-0
  • Death to all scalpers!!!!
New Target set up
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
Has any of the Targets in your area have the new set up yet, and if so what does it look like?
Wal-Mart toy dept. you will never find a more wretched hive of scalpers and villainy, We must be cautious.

Offline SithCommander

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
Re: New Target set up
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 06:24:20 AM »
what new set up are you talking about?

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »
he is talking about the new endcap with the new geo packs, the two big exclusive hoth packs, the vintage style box  tie and snowepeeder, the two exclusive battlepacks(hostage crisis and hidden enemy) and the exclusive 2 packs cad bane and IG-86 and two senate guard commandos).... also some figs are on the display too but nothing special.... I found these Saturday the 16th at my local Target.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »
5, COUNT them FIVE around my parts and nothing changed or new...yeah exclusives.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:31:28 PM by cuyvaldar »

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
Don't feel bad.The Targets in my area have been dragging thier feet when it comes to putting the new stuff out.I had the get the Senate guards and the vintage vihicles from the back.only one Target had the Star Wars stuff out but on a cart.

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »
My Target put these out last night.  Today I came home with the Vintage boxed snowspeeder and another UGH Fett.  I saw the Mini Muggs and the 2 Hoth sets, but passed on them for now.  You might want to check online with the DCPI #'s and see if your Target has them in stock.  That was my plan until I saw that they had moved them to the main display.
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline Old Jedi

• Premium
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +13/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »
The reason I thought it was a big set up, is because I was talking to the Dept. Manager on Friday and she told me it was going to be in the area where Iron Man and Toy Story was. I think as of last week they had a nerf display.  I originally thought it was going to be and endcap.
Wal-Mart toy dept. you will never find a more wretched hive of scalpers and villainy, We must be cautious.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »
The reason I thought it was a big set up, is because I was talking to the Dept. Manager on Friday and she told me it was going to be in the area where Iron Man and Toy Story was. I think as of last week they had a nerf display.  I originally thought it was going to be and endcap.

yeah they are exactly were the nerf stuff was,  I forgot the stupid minimuggs are in that display too
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 07:54:15 AM »
nice little display in Killeen, grabbed the classic Snowspeeder and the Senate guard 2-pack (a little overpriced), no other new figures except for the 2 new battlepacks and the special 2 packs.....1 each of the Hoth sets

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Old Jedi

• Premium
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +13/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »
Well it's Thursday Oct. 21 and my Target in Waco has yet to change out their display, I may just go tonight with DPCI #'s and see if they will pull the items I want.   :fumingmad: :fumingmad:

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »
plainville target did not update their setup yet but put their hoth sets out.. milford target put their new stuff out - 2 packs, hoth sets, new multi packs.. nice to see. I passed on the hoth packs... but would really like to see the imperial at-st driver on card back....

cuyvaldar

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 08:03:39 AM »
plainville target did not update their setup yet but put their hoth sets out.. milford target put their new stuff out - 2 packs, hoth sets, new multi packs.. nice to see. I passed on the hoth packs... but would really like to see the imperial at-st driver on card back....

The hoth sets are the ones I want the most.....

Offline Uncle George

• VIP
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • All About Nikon
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »
Here in MN, Apple Valley, Burnsville and Eagan they have changed it. I'm not a completist and I'm an opener but must point out that the Vintage Snowspeeder is a keeper. Hasbro did the heck of a job in their box design and it truly took me back to Woolworth store in the early 80's.

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
Here in MN, Apple Valley, Burnsville and Eagan they have changed it. I'm not a completist and I'm an opener but must point out that the Vintage Snowspeeder is a keeper. Hasbro did the heck of a job in their box design and it truly took me back to Woolworth store in the early 80's.

I had that same rush. One thing I can't stand is the TARGET Sticker! Ruins a beautiful box!
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
Just turn it around backwards and you won't have to see that nasty target sticker! 
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »

I had that same rush. One thing I can't stand is the TARGET Sticker! Ruins a beautiful box!

The "Only at Target" is removable.I took it off mine.It peels right off.

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 08:44:17 PM »

This is exactly where one of the Target stores here put the display. They have everything that's listed in the other posts and the only reason I haven't purchased anything is what Fox said. "A little overpriced".
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 12:52:56 PM »
Has any of the Targets in your area have the new set up yet, and if so what does it look like?

Oh yeah. I'm a sales rep for Red Bull. So I visit about 7 Targets a week and all of them have the end cap. I've already managed to get all the exclusives for my son for X-Mas (and a few for me) at different ones.
Taget never disappoints when it comes to there exclusives right before the holidays.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »

Oh yeah. I'm a sales rep for Red Bull. So I visit about 7 Targets a week and all of them have the end cap. I've already managed to get all the exclusives for my son for X-Mas (and a few for me) at different ones.
Taget never disappoints when it comes to there exclusives right before the holidays.

Come too PA once in a while.....You'll miss out on them

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »
Hit the target endcap in Woodland Ca today and was surprised to find all of the wave 3 minirigs  I got camo orange atrt monorail with tactical droid and the regular snow clone with the bike from the episode trespass

cuyvaldar

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »
Hit the target endcap in Woodland Ca today and was surprised to find all of the wave 3 minirigs  I got camo orange atrt monorail with tactical droid and the regular snow clone with the bike from the episode trespass

Dan your my friend...but at times...argh lol

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
That's cool and I was wondering where those were at, I was checking things off our list and making this page for our records:

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/2010_sothds/
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 03:59:04 PM »

yeah I gotta tell you Cuyvaldar I was there at target thinking how much it would tick you off if I bought these, so I did....... :P ;D  hahahahaha .......eh you know I'm kidding..... 8)

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:30 AM »
They had the new setup at my Target with all the exclusives and I walked away with the Defense of Hoth and 2 of the Geonosis packs. I will get the Attack on Hoth later. Would have bout the Vintage style vehicles if the boxes were in good shape. Hopefully they get some in and the boxes won't be beaten up this time.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
any one else finding that the legs on the hoth at-rt don't let it stand up as well as the walmart version, which is weird cause aren't they the same mold?

cuyvaldar

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »

yeah I gotta tell you Cuyvaldar I was there at target thinking how much it would tick you off if I bought these, so I did....... :P ;D  hahahahaha .......eh you know I'm kidding..... 8)

I almost believe ya Dan...almost lol

any one else finding that the legs on the hoth at-rt don't let it stand up as well as the walmart version, which is weird cause aren't they the same mold?

Must be the price difference between the target one and the walmart version.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »
Thought you'd like that Cuyvaldar.... heh heh >:D

cuyvaldar

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
LOL...It was, I can't wait for those hoth packs

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »
Looks like those Hoth packs might be a Black Friday sale item as my Target has like 30 of those on the risers in top stock along with all the other "getting ready for Christmas" toys.  I'll probably buy both beforehand, but I want to wait a little on these as I got my WM AT-ST for $7 each on clearance and am having a hard time feeling like I need to pay $40 bucks for these again.  On the other hand, I really want the AT-ST driver and the variant hoth soldiers out of the other set.  But is a turret really worth $30?
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 03:33:21 PM »
WIERD ...my targets with the endcaps all have the hoth packs

cuyvaldar

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 11:09:07 AM »
WIERD ...my targets with the endcaps all have the hoth packs

Argh....none out my way.....perhaps a trooper could help a brother out?

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »
I'd bet they are holding them back at non endcap targets till black Friday but that is just a guess..... Have you tried checking the DPCI's againdt targets little scan pad/price check areas?  they may still be in the back....

cuyvaldar

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »
Nopers, haven't tried that yet. See my targets won't get things out for ya....so it most times doesn't work.

Offline anphrax

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
Not all Target stores have the full endcap display. I'm a Target "flow" (stocking) team member and know that some stores either don't have the room or don't sell enough SW product to justify the large endcap. As far as I know we aren't holding anything back for black Friday or holiday. If there isn't anything set out on your displays find a team member and have them radio for a back room LOD (leader on duty) to come out and talk to you. They handle of the backstock and may be able to help you find what you're looking for! I feel like sometimes knowing a bit of lingo (LOD) might get you some help a little sooner ;)

I'll try to post in this thread when I find out more about black Friday deals!

edit: oops forgot to mention that the AT-ATs will be down to 79.99 if you have the 20$ coupon that comes in the ad (see it here: http://i.blackfriday.info/scans/target-toy-book-page-7-850.jpg)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:03:05 PM by anphrax »

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 01:06:20 AM »
Cool thanks for the info

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 05:59:48 PM »
Bought the Senate Guard 2-Pack. Boy wanted 2 of them, but only had 1 set. No Hoth sets available, but hopefully see some more latter. Need Need  >:(

cuyvaldar

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
Not all Target stores have the full endcap display. I'm a Target "flow" (stocking) team member and know that some stores either don't have the room or don't sell enough SW product to justify the large endcap. As far as I know we aren't holding anything back for black Friday or holiday. If there isn't anything set out on your displays find a team member and have them radio for a back room LOD (leader on duty) to come out and talk to you. They handle of the backstock and may be able to help you find what you're looking for! I feel like sometimes knowing a bit of lingo (LOD) might get you some help a little sooner ;)

edit: oops forgot to mention that the AT-ATs will be down to 79.99 if you have the 20$ coupon that comes in the ad (see it here: http://i.blackfriday.info/scans/target-toy-book-page-7-850.jpg)

You must not work in a PA store, because I could beg an employee and all I get is what is out is out and what we have.....

Offline anphrax

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »

You must not work in a PA store, because I could beg an employee and all I get is what is out is out and what we have.....

Well that could be true as well. Truck delivery days are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. At least at my store. I'm not high enough up on the food chain to tell you if those are nation wide dates but that is true for my Washington state store.

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »
Yeah,one non super Target in Dcatur AL didn't have any of the exclusives out at on on Saturday.They still had the Nerf setup.The Target in Huntsville had the new Star Wars stuff.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »
Yeah,one non super Target in Dcatur AL didn't have any of the exclusives out at on on Saturday.They still had the Nerf setup.The Target in Huntsville had the new Star Wars stuff.

How common are super targets in your neck of the woods?... we have lots of targets here in my part of California but just got our 1st super target about a year ago.... Nice thing is they are building a super walmart right next to it, so that will be nice for a quick toy run....

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »
I don't have a Super Target in my area DD cause really I am only about 1hr from Sithy and I don't think their is maybe 1 super target in sithys area IF that.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
There are Super Targets 2 in Huntsville.I live approximately 30 minutes from Huntsville and it doesn't take long for me to get there.Where I do live we do not have a Target.Though I wish we did.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »
There are six targets near me, 4 of which are super targets.........I hate target.

Well that could be true as well. Truck delivery days are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. At least at my store. I'm not high enough up on the food chain to tell you if those are nation wide dates but that is true for my Washington state store.

The Pa target store employees are most times in a word "awful" as far as costumer service goes....it's shame really, I thought in this economic stall that most are in stores would want too make money, not send people away hating them and not wanting to shop there anymore.