Author Topic: Ebay getting too Greedy?  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Ebay getting too Greedy?
« on: January 31, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »
It seems Ebay is doing a lot to rake in the cash next month.  I for one am pretty happy about this new change, even though Ebay sellers are not.  :)   The fact of the matter is Ebay puts a false sense of supply and demand out there, and we have way too many people that think they can prey and make a living off the collector.  This is supposed to be for fun, not profit and hopefully all the jag-offs who snatch up NEW product and scalp it for more money, won't be so inclined to do so anymore.  This might just lead to the collector (or the guy who should be buying it) in the direction of finding new figures, sooner. Perhaps now someone won't buy a whole wave and list new figures at 20 bucks a pop.  Why should anyone not have to pay to take part in something?  I hope the vultures pick each other a part and starve, it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to this hobby.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/FeeUpdate2010.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:27:19 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline droidbait

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Ebay getting too Greedy?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
It seems alot of places get greedy but ebay sellers they are rip off lol thanks for sharing this :)
There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
Ebay has always been greedy, well the scalpers on there anyways.....not sure what the bottome line from the link since I do no know what the before was.

No matter what the fees or prices, scalpers will be there as long as people are willing to go there and buy stuff.
Seeing the peoples from overseas selling product prior to the US release is very tempting, but I'm patient and will wait for a good price. Now if I had a contact or an overseas friend that was reliable, that would be a horse of a different color.
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »
That's why I'm glad there are sites like this with we Star Wars fans as members. We can usually help each other out and cut out the middle man ;)

Offline zedhatch

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:26:03 AM »
Took me a minute to figure out what exactly  you guys were talking about. 

The great of that is it does favor the smaller seller who just wants to move something (which is how most individuals not makeing this a business would like it). 

It does hurt the smaller retailers (ie comic shop type guys who only use it to clear out stock at cost when they cannot clear it locally), thier lack of listing (since they only use it part time) ends up hurting them, the one upswing though is that it isn't the only source of income.

Does hurt the scalpers slightly, which is a good thing. 
http://www.zedsjoesite.com/ home of my webcomic Scale Wars, starring SW, Iron man, Marvel, DC, GI Joe and more.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
I got really frustrated with ebay after a while

the seller fees kept going up and some of the folks who purchased from me didn't leave feedback at all

now paypal is getting on my nerves to the point where I deleted my bank account so I no longer sell or can accept funds
and now when I purchase something I'm having trouble because I don't want to accept the new thing where paypal sends statements directly to my email

I think that soon paypal will start sending out the accepted spam pushing their credit cards and other new services and features

no thanks!  keep your spam paypal!

I will be all done with ebay and paypal by Halloween
I'll miss shopping on ebay but I sure as Hoth wont miss the frustrations
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:15:42 AM »
I have been trying to acquire a SS Yoda ex. MIB & everytime I think: I got it! the auction turns to Sxxt! & the price goes up $40-50 in last bid?!

There really needs to be a TAZE button to send the sellers a wake up jolt. It really seems that the auctions aren't fair? especially when you
see the exact same item the next day, by the same seller? The sellers are pushing their auctions to the max?
If any of you Troopers are "good" ebayers? I'd like to hire you, I don't have time or patience to monitor ebay all day long.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."