Author Topic: Wrestling Thread-"Bring it On"  (Read 66956 times)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Re: Wrestling Thread-"Bring it On"
« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
how sad that so many young wrestlers are doing this

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

cuyvaldar

« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2010, 01:33:17 AM »
RIP Chris Kanyon

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/other/former-wwe-and-wcw-wrestler-chris-kanyon-found-dead

Who better than Kanyon?

He was better as Mortis imho, but it's a damn shame that he is dead.

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
Wow- this ones old but I thought Id bring it back-

hopefully a few oldheads will return.

I used to be a wrestling junkie- may have loved it more than SW at some points in my life. But then I just lost interest in watching it- I still followed some of the stars online (and knew Dixie Carter who really owned TNA is not the same Dixie Carter from TV)- but rare that I watched.
Anyway- it all started when my son got Smackdown vs Raw for his XBox last year and that create a wrestler feature. My son started looking up how to make so and so, I would start going, no you need this guy and that one..... then he started watching it and would start with how great Randy Orton is blah blah and then I started really educating him- which got me to start watching.

Then Booker/Nash came back to WWE to do the Rumble this was after they were supposed to go back to TNA to reform their Mafia group and now was Sting finally going to WWE? No its just the Undertaker coming back.....oh wait, he was gone? Steve Austin and Trish are doing Tough Enough which is back. HHH is coming back and then

....finally, the Rock has come back to Monday Night Raw!

OMG the 'rasslin bug has bit me again.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2011, 07:33:50 AM »
Times must be getting tough for the Rock if he's gotta get back into wrestling.  I can't believe Nash is even a factor.  He's still a big dood, but I guess I'm less intimidated by the gray hair!  :P
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
Times must be getting tough for the Rock if he's gotta get back into wrestling.  I can't believe Nash is even a factor.  He's still a big dood, but I guess I'm less intimidated by the gray hair!  :P
Hes not- it was actually a Legend contract (one where they do various events for the company) and it was kinda a one shot deal to do the rumble but just the fact that he was there (actually billed as Diesel) was enough

Besides hes been using Just for Men

as for the Rock, IDK if its his unsuccessful movies or Vince needing household names to sell WM, Im kinda glad he left when he did a few years ago because one can only do so much before ya become stale esp w/a 1 dimensional gimmick because really as entertaining as he is, hes just really a talker and it gets old. Someone like the Undertaker can alter the gimmick and go through different looks. The Rocks and Chris Jerichos can actually leave and still come back fresh.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2011, 03:36:31 AM »
I glad the Rock is back but "Takera" its useally old go away and come back deal but I heard rumor that THIS IS the last of taker for WM. I have heard that possible the ROCK might wrestle but I dunno only time will tell. Booker T is just an announcer and thats it but Diesel on the other hand hasn't showed up since and I heard it was a 1 time deal any way according to some wrestling sites.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
I glad the Rock is back but "Takera" its useally old go away and come back deal but I heard rumor that THIS IS the last of taker for WM. I have heard that possible the ROCK might wrestle but I dunno only time will tell. Booker T is just an announcer and thats it but Diesel on the other hand hasn't showed up since and I heard it was a 1 time deal any way according to some wrestling sites.
Kevin Nash signed a legend contract which is basically what HBK and the other oldtimers have. You show up when we need ya- mostly just appearances type of thing. Booker is announcing/trainer for Tough Enough. But if they pop up here and there its good.

Taker was unique- he could go away and repackage the gimmick and come back fresh. Thats how he lasted in one spot for so long. Even the best (HBK, SCSA and Rock) got stale going away is good. Hopefully the Rock is doing more than promoting the DVD.

Just seeing the names coming back was enough- Vince is smart enough to use them properly- not like TNA where they were put in Main Event spots right away then faded down the chain to make way for the next one- while the homegrown boys are squashed. Its nice to see the younger guys stand and do with the shot- look at Cena. Sure hes cheesy but hes pretty good (sadly we found out hes not even in the Tocks ballpark for cutting promos. 

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
We lost one of the best ever today as Randy Mario Poffo passed away at age 58.  I have some of the best wrestling memories of this guy, and no doubt about it a legend that will be missed.  The elbow drop, the graduation theme, getting slammed over the head with a guitar while the Hart Foundation held Mrs. Elizabeth's arms and made her watch!  ;D

Who could forget the Megapowers?  The NWO?  OOOHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAH!  It's hard to imagine a world without Randy Savage, and yet another of my idols that are gone...  :'(
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
This sucks now I'm sad as I watch "smackdown" right now thinking about him as a match is taking place now.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »
RIP Randy!!!

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
I actually met Macho Man back in the day, really nice guy & loved doing what he did.
He will be missed.  R.I.P.

I went out looking for some SW & I noticed everyone was asking for his figures?!
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #401 on: May 29, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
Did I miss something on RAW this week?  I watched most of it, and saw very little in regards to any sort of tribute to Macho Man Randy Savage.  Did Mach piss off Vince that bad on his way out the door?  I mean seriously, the only thing I saw was CM Punk wearing his old tights and boots.  Other than that, they didn't mention the guy!  I was very surprised.

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #402 on: May 29, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »
There was a 5 minute Macho tribute in the second hour. It basically covered his WWF years. The Punk thing was great-

Vince has had a MAJOR beef w/Macho- its pretty documented that every year Savage's name came up for Hall of Fame and McMahon wanted no mention of his name- it was even worse than the Sammartino beef. The rumor is Savage took Stephanies virginity- T%he years are sketchy as Savages last year in WWF was 96 and Stephanie was 18. The story goes Vince didnt find out until after the fact and was superpissed because Macho got a proper sendoff.

But according to George Steele is really simply over the fact that McMahon had alotta trust in Savage and was giving him lots of power behind the scenes kinda like hes doing w/Triple H. And was hurt over the fact that Savage bolted for WCW the first chance he got basically spitting on everything Vince was doing for him.

Of course the irony is Triple H is getting this treatment because he married Steph and it wouldve had to have been something real huge for Vince to hate him. Since Vince has bad mouthed many a wrestler (Hogan/Hart/Piper) yet still welcomed them back when there was a chance to make money w/them- but would not even entertain an idea or HoF mention if Savages name came up.

The past year it seemed like something was settled because they did release the MachoMan DVD set(of which Macho did have input in) AND Macho was included in the WWE AllStars game(and did promos for it)

A shame because Savage was truly and icon and probably #2 or #3 reason the WWF got so huge in the 80s. Friggn insanely talented in ring and on the stick. Hes pretty much a lock for the 2012 Hall of Fame (but I think it was a given anyway after the All Stars thing and not because of his death) Wayyyy long overdue. And Elizabeth is going in right with him- a shame both are no longer w/us to get that honor in person.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #403 on: May 29, 2011, 10:08:35 PM »
Yeah and 1 fact was that him and Hogan just finally started talking within the last 10yrs and that Macho man was only married a year to his bride before he passed. Yeah I caught the smackdown version of it as well the Raw verison and that was classy for Punk to wear that getup from the 80's. I guess ol Spice needs to watch wrestling a little more like me and anyone else does every monday night and friday night. Even though that the Raw show is LIVE the Smackdown show is taped on Tuesday nights.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
said that this thread has gone almost away while white hot CM Punk is leading the chrage.

Mr Mcmahon is gone- HHH is the new boss
Cena got fired then rehired(wow a shocker) to comeback and challenge "new" Rey jr.
Cena wins and then gets confronted by Punk who did sign new deal-

It was interesting while it lasted- just wish WWE wouldnt let CM Punk run the the "free agent" tag a bit longer

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #405 on: August 03, 2011, 05:50:51 AM »
I watched RAW on Mon for the 1st time in a long time? What the ????
Why is watching Impact wresting seem like I traveled back to 1998?
big dady del, you should look online for Knoxvilles Wrestle Talk with Terry Landel, the Ktown Daddy.
it is hilarious, I can't describe how southern stupid it is & how very serious the locals take it.
His show is a "Train Wreck" every week & its awesome entertainment. He trys to take "live" phone calls.
Almost every caller is insulting him or drunk, its great. its on public access so its live & all about wrestlen all types.
        make you intelligent."

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #406 on: August 04, 2011, 12:42:58 PM »
I'm a BIG fan of public access wrestling shows.  It's the only thing that tells it like it REALLY is.  Sometimes you can get so caught up in the soap opera you don't know what's real or not real. Ain't that right big daddy Del!  :D ;) 8)

Offline Del

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:29 AM »
Well lemme tellya something, Spice.......

I like the smaller promos- was looking forward to catching Ring of Honor when it hits TV but its not on here....despite being based in Philly.

Im liking what Vince is doing now- w/Punk, Cena, HHH, Nash and Steph

although some of the rest needs work

nice to hear they may start pushing the tags again too- that would give some of these guys at least some airtime.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #408 on: November 15, 2011, 09:13:07 AM »
I'm LOVIN' the return of the Rock!  Boots to Asses w/ the Team Bring it!  I'm all about it!  8)  I can smell it!

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »
I think it's really weak they let the Rock win last night, Cena has done way more for wrestling the past 10 years, maybe he's on his way to TNA.  I also think the Undertakers streak is still going is ALSO very weak, what's he trying to break Goldbergs record?  :P 8) :o  I remember how stupid that s**t was!

Offline KesselRun

• Premium
  • Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #410 on: April 02, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
this is just my quick bit of wrestling news. I'm sure some of you must have heard of hornswoggle. Well it turns out that he is from oshkosh which is also where my wife and step kids is from. Hornswoggle is my step sons best friend since third grade and he has been over to our house many times. He is like another son to my wife and he autographed dozens of his action figures for us. It is kind of ccol to have an aquaintence who is a big ( small actually ) tv star

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #411 on: April 02, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
Do they do pro wrestling cons?  I was just wondering since Vince has figured out every other way to make money, I'm sure this would do good with fans and MAYBE they could set something up to help the OLD wrestlers become something other than meth addicts.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #412 on: April 02, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
think they do fan days for the big events. but the wrestlers appear at all sorts of cons.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #413 on: April 02, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »
Yeah that's what I was going to say, I guess there's always Wizard World!  ;D 8) :P

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #414 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47:48 PM »
Well ADD IN BLOCK LESNAR now into the bunch of old wrestlers that CAME BACK into wrestling. Also ANYONE remeber seein the guy A-train from back when or another name he was called was Prince Albert. Well tonight they revealed him as Lord Tensai now.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #415 on: April 03, 2012, 04:21:07 AM »
Rasslin? more real than politics.