Poll

Do You Still Like the RotS Toy Line?

Yes
No
Don't Own Any

Author Topic: Do You Still Like the RotS Toy Line?  (Read 8456 times)

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
Do You Still Like the RotS Toy Line?
« on: October 10, 2009, 09:20:10 AM »
It's been over four years since Hasbro released toys based on the film, and I was curious what everyone's thoughts are about this toy line. Do you still like the stuff after all these other lines of toys have been made? How do they hold up to all the other different cardbacks? If you own these have you thought about selling them or are you never going to let them out of your hands?

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
Re: Do You Still Like the RotS Toy Line?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »
Well,..... thats a good questions that I find VERY interesting. I have maybe 10 or so and I will never let those figures out of my sight even though that all of them are opened. I personally thought this was a pretty good line of figures based on a movie. So from all that it's worth, I am pretty glad that I can say this was the line that got me started into SW collecting. To answere your question, sure I lov'em and they will always be part of my collection for now on.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:26:47 AM by VadersFist »
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
I voted for "yes" as I personally love this line. Out of all the figures that's been made since The Phantom Menace line, this is one of my favorites. I love the design of card, mainly for the soul reason of Vader behind the jumping lava on Mustafar. Something else I like about these is that they don't take up much space on my shelves, and allows me to stack so many more (side-by-side) than the more current products (see image below).

I have every single one of these RotS figures, and I have no intentions on ever getting rid of these.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »
I voted yes for a lot of the same reasons dustrho did.

This line was really just a fun line. Going hunting at every store, seeing loads of them on the shelves, constantly on the hunt and still being able to find things.

That was fun, unlike now, when you go to a store and they don't even have their exclusives.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
This line was great, lots of different clones to choose from and neat vehicles. lots of possibilities for dioramas and customs. it was the perfect line.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »
imo no line is completely perfect from top to bottom. some of the rots figures r great, for instance i still think the pilot obi-wan is the best rots obi made. and some of the figures i didnt care for when they came out 4 yrs ago(never did like battle features).

i also didnt like the cards. i prefer ones that can be stacked and these cant.

and even tho i wouldnt get rid of them, i also wouldnt get red of the few potf steroid figures i have and not because i think they stand the test of time.

after all that i still voted yes because imo it is an above average line
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:27:01 PM by jacensolo66 »

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
So far 5 votes for YES and 0 votes for NO. Maybe Hasbro could go back to something like these again, because they were definitely doing something right.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »
c'mon, the card backs are on fire, how could anyone not like that?  ;)

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 12:17:33 AM »
Yep and thats what made it soooooooooo cool to have.

c'mon, the card backs are on fire, how could anyone not like that?  ;)
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »
This wasnt my absolute favorite line but I did like it. It was the first line that I actually tried to collect all the basic figures of
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »
Same here but I failed because they just suddenly stopped because I caught the tail end of the line.

This wasnt my absolute favorite line but I did like it. It was the first line that I actually tried to collect all the basic figures of
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
Do I still like them? That would mean I had to like them in the first place, right?

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan. I mean, sure, they were better than previous figures... Hasbro was trying to make improvements to their line along the way... but for the most part they still look like turds. The articulation just isn't there on a lot of these figures. Sure, the Clones were nicely articulated for the most part... but they still put out crap like the AT-TE Gunner, which sucked from the hips up. Swivel elbows and non-articulated knees abound in this line.

I mean, just look at this mess:

I mean yeah, there were some halfway decent figures in the line, but not enough IMO to make me like the line as a whole. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that very, very soon, with the exception of a figure here and a figure there from the previous lines, I'll be getting rid of 99% of my SW figures prior to the 2007 TAC collection. Everything else for the most part is just sub-par IMO.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 12:37:45 AM »
I voted yes because I liked it with the Figures carded, but I also have to agree with jokabofe. There are a few exceptions, but most of the figures, once opened, look like crap. Especially because of the "attack action" features which I've always despised.
Still the cards look amazing, so that's what I will mostly collect of this line. I have maybe 10 figures on cards from the line and I think I'll be hanging on to them for awhile.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

cuyvaldar

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »
I think there are exceptions to every line imho. But it shouldn't sully an entire line for having some rejects.

See, this is my problem with the holy crap there is no articulation argument. See I like figs to be articulated, but also I like them to look like the figure from the movie.

Sometimes you just can't have it both ways, and sometimes you can. For the most part the figs with limited articulation looked a lot like the movie people, some not even close, in the rots line.

I still believe as far as quality, looks, paint apps, that this was the best line we've seen in a long time, and possibly will ever seen.

God I'm about to defend hasbro, but with this line they seemed to at least to, try to make the figs more movie accurate than in a lot of other lines, including the ones we're getting now.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »
I still believe as far as quality, looks, paint apps, that this was the best line we've seen in a long time, and possibly will ever seen.

Just say no to drugs kids, this is what it will do to your brain.

You can't honestly tell me that you think the RotS figures were/are better than the TAC and/or Legacy stuff that Hasbro has done since. TAC and Legacy are the best stuff Hasbro has done, ever, IMO. I honestly think that - even though they still have some way to go - they have been improving the line every time they make a new change in cardback series. POTF2 < POTJ < TPM < SAGA < ROTS etc. etc.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »
Wow,.... so far 10 to nothing on the other choices. Just have to wonder WHY hasbro hasn't went back to these numbers of ROTS was the series that people where happy with but DC is right. Tac was really cool too.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 07:42:45 PM »
well the question is whether or not we still like the line, not whether we think it is the best line. for me that answer would be a definite no. legacy is much better in terms of sculpting and posability imo.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »
I have to agree with some of you guys (jokabofe), in the fact that there were some crappy designs regarding articulation. But most of my figures are still carded, so I really could care less about them. I just hope that the swivel joints die sometime soon, they're terrible.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »

Just say no to drugs kids, this is what it will do to your brain.

You can't honestly tell me that you think the RotS figures were/are better than the TAC and/or Legacy stuff that Hasbro has done since. TAC and Legacy are the best stuff Hasbro has done, ever, IMO. I honestly think that - even though they still have some way to go - they have been improving the line every time they make a new change in cardback series. POTF2 < POTJ < TPM < SAGA < ROTS etc. etc.

You mean like evo Jango and Boba from the evo lines. Paints wrong, missing markings.

Is there a difference between the tac line and legacy? Seriously? There were some real horrible looking figs in those waves of the tac. Forget poseibility, like the lava miner that can't move, Mace Windu with the I got it in the rear smile, the recent Luke from comic con with the I just kissed my sister smile.

Yeah the bodies are great, but the faces are silly and horrible.

There are people complaining about the recent target x-wing, that the helmet markings, the droid and the ship are painted wrong.

What about Corran Horn in the walmart packs, he's supposed too be in a green suit if I remember correctly.

How about every Jedi Luke that has been released since the tac line and all the flaws they have, or all the solos that have been released of recent that are just plain horrible?

We both could possibly tear every line apart, and I know you can friend lol.

So yeah, I believe beyond the stupid bitch slap gimmicks, there are gimmicks in all the waves that are stupid, that for the most part, the rots line was a very very solid line that gave fans what they want.
Articulation does not make or break a fig for me, how they look, and their paints are above that.

Offline Uncle George

• VIP
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • All About Nikon
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 08:25:01 AM »
Do I still like them? That would mean I had to like them in the first place, right?

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan. I mean, sure, they were better than previous figures... Hasbro was trying to make improvements to their line along the way... but for the most part they still look like turds. The articulation just isn't there on a lot of these figures. Sure, the Clones were nicely articulated for the most part... but they still put out crap like the AT-TE Gunner, which sucked from the hips up. Swivel elbows and non-articulated knees abound in this line.

I mean, just look at this mess:

I mean yeah, there were some halfway decent figures in the line, but not enough IMO to make me like the line as a whole. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that very, very soon, with the exception of a figure here and a figure there from the previous lines, I'll be getting rid of 99% of my SW figures prior to the 2007 TAC collection. Everything else for the most part is just sub-par IMO.

Like some here know, I was out of the collecting world for a few years. Now I'm catching up at a local comic store with fair prices though I'm no longer a completist. I enjoy this a lot with my 11 years old son and before getting back to 3 3/4'' I was into the SW miniatures. If my son was member of this forum, we would both agree with you. The figures are sub-par and the cards are not too eye pleasant. In my local comic shop they are side by side with previous lines. Sorry for being honest, but this packaging is an eye-sore going hand to hand with what's inside for the most part.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:27:23 AM by Uncle George »

Offline Major fett

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +52/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
I never did care for ROTS line from the get go it all started with the cardbacks then some of the figures lacked decent articulation, I mean if it wasn't a Clone then it was passed over for SA treatment! There were some nice figures that came out of it though I just thought they went Clone Crazy too soon when there were other figurs that could have made!
You'll soon realize I am the last of the Jedi, And your time has come to an end!

TAC Coins Needed
3, 9, 11, 34, 51, 52, 54.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
sure there were some stinkers, but there are some stinkers in every wave.. recarded or just plane silly (slappy arms.. come on!).. but you got some clones like the AT-RT driver and Phase II clone, the gunner sucked but that was their first shot at him and the accessories could be added to another clone to make a SA Gunner.. so with a little patience.. you could come up with something good out of the crap.. I could not stand the little poops of red and blue plastic but they cam in handy for making a checker board or chess game.. or even taking a stab at painting them..

cuyvaldar

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 10:56:47 PM »
sure there were some stinkers, but there are some stinkers in every wave.. recarded or just plane silly (slappy arms.. come on!).. but you got some clones like the AT-RT driver and Phase II clone, the gunner sucked but that was their first shot at him and the accessories could be added to another clone to make a SA Gunner.. so with a little patience.. you could come up with something good out of the crap.. I could not stand the little poops of red and blue plastic but they cam in handy for making a checker board or chess game.. or even taking a stab at painting them..

Don't forget my christmas lights I made with them lol

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 02:49:37 PM »
I'm with just about everyone else. I really liked this line and more so for the card back than the figures.
The RoTS line offered a great variety of figures, still not enough though, and most of them were not difficult to find.
My only complaint was that hasblo went way, way, way overboard with making the same figure and tried to pass it off as having different accessories, a different pose or different action capabilities.
Othedr than that this is definately one of my favorite lines. Plus these carded figures were easy to stand up on my display shelves. No worries about them falling over.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.