Author Topic: Annoying ebayers  (Read 15688 times)

Offline kelsith

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Look Luciano Pavarotti shaved
Re: Annoying ebayers
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »
He might be cool with it, I dont ebay much anymore but I had a guy in Italy who wanted a darth maul lightsaber so bad he payed something like 40 bucks in shipping...in addition to the 40 bucks he payed.  remember almost  :dogshit: myself when I figured out he was paying near on a cnote for something my inlaws bought me for like maybe 10 bucks on clearance

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
I'm sure this is not an earth-shattering revelation, but as bad as some of the dipshits on Ebay can be, they don't hold a candle to the mouth-breathers over on Craigs List.  >:( What a collection of escaped science experiments those people are.

Every time I try and put something up on the site I have a half dozen people contacting me telling they want whatever it is and that they'll be there ASAP with the money...only to never show.  >:( I thought putting a disclaimer in my adds stating "Will not hold item, First come First serve" would help. It didn't

I put my son's toddler bed up there earlier this summer and I had a half-dozen people all leave me hanging. I even had one lady use about 5 different sob-stories to try and get me to give her the bed before she paid for it. ::)

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »
I'm sure this is not an earth-shattering revelation, but as bad as some of the dipshits on Ebay can be, they don't hold a candle to the mouth-breathers over on Craigs List.  >:( What a collection of escaped science experiments those people are.

So very true. We bought a nintendo DS for each of our daughters this summer (all 3 were replacements of ones that they literally played to death) and each time my wife went through the pain of C/L. Each time, she had a seller flake out on her at least once. Which means driving quite a few miles to a neutral site (typically a mall) only to have them no-show AFTER confirming that they were in route. Done with C/L. At least with ebay theres some form of accountability.

Offline Incom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
Okay, now I'm going to be the annoying, but admittedly, impatient and foolish, e-buyer. I had my eye on some speeder/swoop bikes. Seller ships int'l but only uses USPS Priority Mail Int'l. I asked for a quote, but didn't get one. Checked USPS myself and thought a small flat rate box would do. So, couple of bucks for the speeders plus roughly $15 for s&h. Guess what? I got a $29 shipping fee presented on the invoice!

I paid immediately, but will definitely get back to the seller, if the shipping quote on the box is lower than $29....

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
Some sellers don't use the flat rate boxes, especially the small, $15 version, because Paypal doesn't have an option to print a label from their shipping screen. Silly, I know. And yeah, it's a hassle, but I just print those from the USPS.com website instead. But some people are just too lazy to bother with that.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »
I have a few old AT-AT's up for sale on ebay and I had one bidder use the BIN on a parts walker.  Waiting on payment, but now the buyer thinks the shipping is too much and wants a better quote.  He wants me to "put it in a smaller box."  I replied that even if I did take the walker apart, the weight alone wouldn't make much of a difference in shipping even if I used parcel post via priority.  I even offered to refund a difference no matter how negligible and now he only wants the canopy, and cargo bay door and " can donate the rest or give it to a kid" with the remains.  Per my rules he has 24 hours left to pay.  If I wanted to part out the walker, don't you think I would have set the auction up that way?  And if I were to comply with his wishes, would that not violate ebay rules as far as the item being misrepresented?  He does have 100% feedback, but it looks like not for long.
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 05:40:41 PM »
Look when I buy Human Bodies I don't ask for them to be parted out! Sheesh the nerve of some people!!
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »
Don't give in. You listed an item, with all the costs, he bid/agreed to pay what was listed. If he refuses to pay, report him to ebay. If he leaves a negative feedback, report him.

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »
as a seller, you can't leave negative feedback on him anymore, but you can file a non-paying claim against him...so stick to your guns, it's a binding contract and he knew the shipping before he bid on it, so you should be a-ok
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:36:04 PM by Lt. Starfox »

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Incom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +4/-0
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:36 AM »
I occasionally list an item, I'm a buyer mostly. But the fact honest sellers can't leave a neg for buyers like this is a sad consequence of eBay's decision to prevent sellers from doing so.

Luckily I have been dealing on the bay for more than 10 years now and by doing so, have found quite a few of trustworthy, honest sellers who think the same of me.

Offline fishboy_254

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +112/-0
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:37 PM »
Now this douchebag claims paypal won't let him send a payment and he wants to send a money order.  I made sure to tell him it was not ebay's policy to do so, but then again I won't incur any extra fees that way.  I accepted his wish to pay through a money order and now I get an email saying he will send that out on Friday?  WTF the auction ended over a week ago!
Needed: 
             Saga Gold Boba Fett

MR FX Mace Saber
             MR FX Kenobi Saber ROTS
             Hasbro Maul FX - double blade
             Hasbro Kenobi FX - Ep I
             Hasbro Dooku FX

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
I smell BS. I would contact ebay/paypal and just let them know what is going on. Have you filed the non-paying bidder report yet? I would.

They whisperin about us