Author Topic: Sons of Anarchy on FX  (Read 2883 times)

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
Sons of Anarchy on FX
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
Has anyone else watched this show this season? The season just ended Wednesday it was a short season being the pilot and all. I started watching it on episode 2 and was hooked since. It stars Katie Segal aka Peggy Bundy as the wife of a biker club president. Most of the actors are unknowns at least to me anyways, but they do give some pretty good performances. It was on at 10 PM aka after dark aka adult time on Wednesdays with a replay at 11:00. The series is about a motorcycle club for lack of a better word pretty much a gang if you will. It basically goes through the clubs affairs each week like dealing with other clubs, avoiding the feds, dealing with the local police, family dealings of the various members, etc. Overall it is a pretty good series it was definitely action packed and will hopefully be continued for seasons to come. Being an adult oriented show there is some nudity, foul language, violence, etc. I was pretty shocked to hear the F bomb fly out of Segal's mouth a few times. The producers have done their homework from what I have seen. From what I have heard they have gone to various "bike weeks" or biker events and have talked to numerous people about story lines.  A friend of mine runs a biker event in NY each summer and the producer and several members of his staff were there the entire weekend talking to all the bikers present and gathering info about biker gang life.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: Sons of Anarchy on FX
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »
Great show. Too bad it's over for the season already. With the cancellation/ending of The Shield, this will take it's place on F/X no doubt. It's by the same creators, if I'm not mistaken.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 09:22:03 PM »
This will be back on in the Fall. Can't wait for this show to start up. This is one of the few shows that I actually like.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »
I was just thinking about this yesterday, lol. Wondering when it was coming back. Can't wait to see where season 2 goes. Season 1 was really, really good.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 07:58:26 AM »
The other day I just happened to be on FX and saw the commercial for the next season. I have been patiently waiting for this to come back. Last season was pretty good. The finale was extremely interesting and was definitely a cliff hanger. It will definitely be interesting to see which way this goes. I missed some shows though and have been trying to get caught up, but haven't found complete episodes just clips.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »
I like this show.. Peg Bundy all tough.. I like it!

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:53:47 PM »
next season starts in September I can't wait. the previews look good and the ones I have seen had some comedy in them.

Pete you hit the nail on the head man with the Peggy Bundy statement. Her acting like a tough biker chick is pretty cool. I wasn't sure what to make of her in this but she definitely has stepped up her game and played the role well. I hope they put last season out on DVD soon I need to catch up with what I missed.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »
well the season starts Sept 8th. Can't wait for this to come back on. Gives me something to watch now. The previews have looked pretty good and it should be interesting what will happen to the club this season. will it continue the ways of Sam Crow or will Jackson take it back to his father's original thoughts for the club? It will be interesting to see how this pans out. They have been replaying episodes on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings. So I have watched a couple I should have recorded them. lol

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »
i love this show.. looks like Henry Rollins has been added to the cast! Cool!

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:41 AM »
looks like they finally released the season 1 DVD set. I will probably rent it from Netflix and then have the ol' lady pick it up for me for Xmas or something.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »
I caught the 1st episode this morning for season 2 and was like damn. this series should be on a premium channel they are definitely border line of what they can get away with on regular tv even for after hrs. I did hear this was supposed to be on HBO originally but something fell through and the original person went ahead and left and then his partner took it to FX. I can't wait for the next episode that is for sure.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
anyone besides me watching this? I will say it has had me on the edge of my seat all season so far. Lots of turns and twists I think. It will be interesting to see how things pan out with the 90 minute show this Tuesday. The teaser for it looks like a lot will go down or set things up that is for sure.

for those that have watched it what do you think so far? is it living up to the hype or being too predictable? some things for me I could see happening but then they throw in a few things I didn't see coming.