Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 2: Latest Episode Discussion  (Read 102255 times)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
Re: CLONE WARS: Latest Episode Discussion
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2008, 07:50:28 PM »
Maybe GG is getting old and thats what hes decided to turn into. Sorry wormie I had to crack a joke ;D. But on the other hand, its kind of werid that you take the GG from ROTS and then you take the GG from this series. They are BOTH it seems 2 DIFFERENT characters but the same character.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2008, 10:48:44 PM »
I'm just really trying to find the answers about the series I've been looking for since last summer. During an interview with Steve Sansweet at Wizard World in Chicago he told me that after the Force Unleashed and the CW series you'll wonder if the events in Episode IV ANH could have even transpired. I'm not seeing the explanation of the padawan of Anakin either, that's what is going to be the most interesting part. How they kill her off and keep her from being referenced afterwards.  ::)
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2008, 12:24:29 AM »
I'm just really trying to find the answers about the series I've been looking for since last summer. During an interview with Steve Sansweet at Wizard World in Chicago he told me that after the Force Unleashed and the CW series you'll wonder if the events in Episode IV ANH could have even transpired. I'm not seeing the explanation of the padawan of Anakin either, that's what is going to be the most interesting part. How they kill her off and keep her from being referenced afterwards.  ::)

or maybe she is refered to in the movies but we just dont know it yet :o

just throwing that out there lol, but I too am wondering this, force unleashed was great and the cw series is coming out to be good too so atleast that is a plus.

Am I the only one who feels Grievous is coming off as a bit of a coward in this series? I know it's first and foremost a kids show so they're toning the character down a bit, but I mean everytime something goes down, he high-tails it to his fighter and takes off. How many Separatist ships is he responsible for the destruction of so far? I remember when he first appeared in the original CW series. He was an indestructable killing machine. Now? Not so much.

1.first couple of scenes GG is surrounded by ani/obi blows open the window ejects all the pods and hightails away, not to mention the fact that he ran from the start of the battle making his droids fight in his place.
2.obi/GG show down. all is going well but once the clones show up and GG has lost two of his hands.....he....high tails it outta there on a spinny wheel bike thing trying to get to his ship.
3. not really a three but I think they also mention in the movie that he also seems to slip away from them.

I think when looking at this new series everyone just has to forget about the first CW. heck if we are comparing characters to that series then why couldnt mace windu beat an old man....he beat the bolts out of 100's of SBD with his bare hands, and dooku some how knew how to fly. not to mention the 100's of dropships landing on munilist from one carrier. none of that show was legit.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2008, 09:03:18 AM »
Good episode... I'm more impressed with this show every week! Looks like another good arc. I'm cool with that.

What was up with Goldie? Your thoughts?

Goldie is a spy Working for the seperatists.... that's what i'm thinking >:D

ding ding, we have a winner !

Regarding Goldie: um, yeah.  Haven't we known since the figure was announced exactly where his loyalties lie?  Did some people just not get the memo, or is it a case of short memory?  ;)

i don't remember any discussion about that  :-\

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2008, 11:37:43 AM »
I agrees with the posted about next weeks episode.I......am going to skip next weeks episode.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »
This two parter was alright. I kind of liked the fight between r2 and r3. Unfortunately it was another episode full of Anakin and Ashoka.
I was just thinking, how are they going to keep Anakin and Grievous from meeting if in almost every episode revolves around the two hunting down the other in some way?
Oh and can't wait for the Jar Jar episode. :-X
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »
Good episode... I'm more impressed with this show every week! Looks like another good arc. I'm cool with that.

What was up with Goldie? Your thoughts?

Goldie is a spy Working for the seperatists.... that's what i'm thinking >:D

I do.... I think it was in the clone wars guide.... I think I read it there, long before I ever even saw an episode

ding ding, we have a winner !

Regarding Goldie: um, yeah.  Haven't we known since the figure was announced exactly where his loyalties lie?  Did some people just not get the memo, or is it a case of short memory?  ;)

i don't remember any discussion about that  :-\
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2008, 09:13:08 PM »
As foxy said, the goldy is working for the separtist all the way. He kept scewing up everything for anakin. That should be part of the answere that gave it away.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:54:39 AM by VadersFist »
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:03 AM »
what, no love for the Gungan?  of course we will watch it, so we can talk about how much we despise that character

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2008, 12:16:06 PM »
Oh Yeah! Messa gonna watch it!

LOL...

Good call on Goldie being a spy!!

what, no love for the Gungan?  of course we will watch it, so we can talk about how much we despise that character
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

cuyvaldar

« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »
Messa going to be bombad all over tv with da stinky poo doo....tough jobum!!

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »

common guys you all know Jar Jar kicks a$$

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
Yep

My Collection
My Feedback

cuyvaldar

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »

common guys you all know Jar Jar kicks a$$

No he does not JT ;D

Quigon Jin, should have let him get run over.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
or ran him thru with his saber....oopsa, meesa hit yousa button....meesa muoy sorry

cuyvaldar

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »
Either way, he wouldn't have been there to put palps into power while senator almond dean was else were.

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
I was thinking, you know how GG and Anakin talk to each other in the Episode 3, like they've never met before?
How are they going to keep that up if every episode involves them going after each other or being in the same place in some shape or form?
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2008, 01:20:45 PM »
I was thinking, you know how GG and Anakin talk to each other in the Episode 3, like they've never met before?
How are they going to keep that up if every episode involves them going after each other or being in the same place in some shape or form?

damn dude, talk about pointing out the flaws in the canon! But you are so right...GG, I thought you would be taller. WTF?

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »
oops !

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2008, 03:47:44 PM »

well if you havent noticed they always just seem to miss eachother . besides it has already been confirmed that they will never meet in this series so stop worrying about it ;)

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »

well if you havent noticed they always just seem to miss eachother . besides it has already been confirmed that they will never meet in this series so stop worrying about it ;)

PHEW! That's good. Cause if they messed up on something like that, Lucas might have a fit. And yeah I had noticed how they just kept missing each other, but I was wondering how their going to keep it up.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

cuyvaldar

« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2008, 08:33:12 PM »
Grievous re-asserted his bastardliness...

Am I the only one who feels Grievous is coming off as a bit of a coward in this series? I know it's first and foremost a kids show so they're toning the character down a bit, but I mean everytime something goes down, he high-tails it to his fighter and takes off. How many Separatist ships is he responsible for the destruction of so far? I remember when he first appeared in the original CW series. He was an indestructible killing machine. Now? Not so much.

He's striking me as the stereotypical bully. Intimidates the weaklings but as soon as someone stands up, he turns tail and runs.

I agree, he seems like such a bad ass, but in episode 3 and this series he is wasted space, much like mace windu.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
Yeah this does sound like a big oops so I have to agree with foxy here. Ooooopppsss!!, someone was asleep at the wheel.

oops !
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »

oops removed then, thanks for the info !

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

I think when looking at this new series everyone just has to forget about the first CW. heck if we are comparing characters to that series then why couldnt mace windu beat an old man....he beat the bolts out of 100's of SBD with his bare hands,

He could beat the bolts out of 100s of SBDs cause he was a master of Shatterpoint. Which means he's able to find the weakess point in any armor and shatter it with a touch of the force.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline TheWolverine

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • formerly Jangotat
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »

I think when looking at this new series everyone just has to forget about the first CW. heck if we are comparing characters to that series then why couldnt mace windu beat an old man....he beat the bolts out of 100's of SBD with his bare hands,

He could beat the bolts out of 100s of SBDs cause he was a master of Shatterpoint. Which means he's able to find the weakess point in any armor and shatter it with a touch of the force.

I read the book and know what you are talking about but still it was lame and stupid. And if that was the case for the movies then he didnt even need to bring all the jedi with him to save ani/obi/padme cause it looked like they were losing till their clone friends came along for the win.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »
Ugh, if this is what the episodes are going to be like... I'm out. I already turned it off, 15 minutes into it. Between Jar Jar and the Battle Droids I was getting a massive headache.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2008, 08:55:58 PM »
I thought it was one of the funnier episodes yet. You can see the Force is strong, even with Jar Jar!  :P ::) :D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
Maybe, but that kind of comedy you can keep.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2008, 09:45:45 PM »
My son liked it. Definitely not my favorite episode but it had it's moments. Thought the Rodian senator calling Jar-Jar 'Jedi Bombad' was kind of funny. Also liked that crab droid.

So any explanation of how Gunray gets out of doing any 'jail' time? Guy gets arrested at the end of TPM, and he's out in time for AOTC. Gets arrested here and he's out just in time to get hacked to pieces by Anakin/Vader in ROTS.

Guy must have one hell of a lawyer.  ;)

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!