Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 2: Latest Episode Discussion  (Read 102241 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: CLONE WARS: Latest Episode Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 01:09:31 AM »
I had a drunk buddy stop by at JUST the wrong time and I really didn't get to pay attention to this episode like I'd have liked to!  >:(  I'm glad to see that most are enjoying the series, it's getting a much, much warmer reception than the film!  :-\
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »
And come friday night, I will be able to watch it on tv, instead of on the internet. :D Yippy!!!!
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Four Horseman!! Awww Yeah!!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 01:25:08 PM »
Good times, eh spice? Hard to watch anything with drunk people! LOL! Good episode catch it online! Can't wait till friday!

I had a drunk buddy stop by at JUST the wrong time and I really didn't get to pay attention to this episode like I'd have liked to!  >:(  I'm glad to see that most are enjoying the series, it's getting a much, much warmer reception than the film!  :-\
"Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum."
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »
Me either, come on friday. Clone Wars is only 2 more days.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 08:17:55 AM »
So far they are batting a perfect 1.000. Another really good episode, with some outstanding animated FX.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 12:02:42 PM »
You can say that again. CW forever I say. Keep the show running for at LEAST 8 months.

So far they are batting a perfect 1.000. Another really good episode, with some outstanding animated FX.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthJay

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
    • Thrash Magazine
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:20 AM »
Why is Grievous wheezing already? I thought that was because Mace Windu crushed his stomach...

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 02:33:26 PM »
Okay apparently the treating the clones nice thing is bugging me for some reason. Honestly don't know why. Anyways, quick question.

Every jedi we've seen so far has (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Plo Koon) has treated the clones nice. Yet in the last Legacy of the Force book. Boba Fett says that non of the Jedi's treated their clones very well and is one of the reasons why he dislikes Jedis. So is that just going to be one of a few inconsistencies or are we going to find out that all the other Jedis treat their clones like crap?
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »
Well to me so far, I think that its pretty cool to see the jedi's treat their clones with respect. But also seein that when anakin turned, I think thats also when the clones changed, as with the ordered 66 was lauched. But in all reality, I could be wrong, which I might be but I don't care. I like the idea of the jedi's treating them really cool and we getting to see another side of the clones we never got to see.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
the latest episode had a anh death star scene feel to me. i liked it. next episode should be good with no jedi around. a republic commando type episode.

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 07:49:47 AM »
good show this past week, next weeks looks interesting, I am really digging this series and story

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
My son and I have been enjoying he series so far as well. My only beef is with the Malevolence ship. With the ion cannons only on the side of the ship, why the heck are all of the republic ships always approaching/retreating from the sides?  ???

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
Maybe the ships are sensitive in that area of the ship and can easly be put the smack down on. I loved this past weeks show as well and wondered what else GG will get into and what other war will come this way. I also can't wait till the show ends up on DVD so I can have it for myself.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 12:59:39 PM »
i was able to watch a bit on Cartoon networks site,  :o i was in AWE at the inclusion of so many clonetroopers, this is a great direction for SW!!
Datteybayo!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 01:05:08 PM »
Thats how I watched as well Commander Naruto. I think its also maybe better on CNs website, you don't have any commercials, which I totally hate anyway and would rather see ALL commercials be not existent. Well maybe the SW and TF commercials would be cool though, but the rest say goodbye.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »
lols i hear you on that one, reminds me of when i used to watch dragon ball z on CN, you get 15 minutes of Goku grunting and gasping and 15 minutes of commercials ::)
Datteybayo!

cuyvaldar

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
Okay apparently the treating the clones nice thing is bugging me for some reason. Honestly don't know why. Anyways, quick question.

Every jedi we've seen so far has (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Plo Koon) has treated the clones nice. Yet in the last Legacy of the Force book. Boba Fett says that non of the Jedi's treated their clones very well and is one of the reasons why he dislikes Jedis. So is that just going to be one of a few inconsistencies or are we going to find out that all the other Jedis treat their clones like crap?

It really depends on the author writing the book or show.

There were a scad few jedi who liked there clones as friends.

Obi-wan
AAyla Secura
Anakin Skywalker
Etain Tur-Mukan
Bardan Jusik-who became a mandalorian after the civil war, known as gotab

Then there were jedi who hated there clones:
Windu
Vos
Kota

Yoda was indifferent

Boba is naturally going to hate jedi no matter what. I mean he did watch Jango, only after being ran over by a huge animal, be beheaded by  allspice windbag.

Most jedi's held clones as only parts of the republic army, like vehicles and ships.

Some respected them as men, and humans, worth saving and caring about them.

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
look at Rahm Kota, he disliked the idea so much that he created his own militia, imo Clones did their jobs and were willing to sacrifice their lives for the republic which made them even cooler
Datteybayo!

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »
The third part was awesome. I thought it was a pretty good episode.

As far as the Clone comments go. I think It's a wait and see thing. We have seen a small number of Jedi's (Anakin, Obi, Plo and Yoda) So it's still too early to tell if all Jedi treat clones with kindness in this show. I'd love to see an episode with Vos, his character in the comics despises clones.

This weeks episode looks cool.

―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »
Speaking of which ANH and ESB is on tonight on Spike TV, but first ANH is on right now, so if anyone wants to watch it turn it on now. Then at 8pm tonight is ESB.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »
I'm hoping they bring in a clone hating Jedi, so we can see some interesting conflict between the Jedi. I just wish the animation was better. It bugs me whenever the audio doesn't match their mouths.
"What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them."
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 11:45:50 PM »
Where are you watching it The Barve? If you go to the CN website you can watch it word for word on their months. I didn't have any problems with the mouths and speech matching.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Zombius

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
Yeah we need some more Ying and Yang! A balance to clone loving Jedi's.

I'm hoping they bring in a clone hating Jedi, so we can see some interesting conflict between the Jedi. I just wish the animation was better. It bugs me whenever the audio doesn't match their mouths.
―Vilmarh Grahr

Offline sithmasterc

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »
The third part was awesome. I thought it was a pretty good episode.

As far as the Clone comments go. I think It's a wait and see thing. We have seen a small number of Jedi's (Anakin, Obi, Plo and Yoda) So it's still too early to tell if all Jedi treat clones with kindness in this show. I'd love to see an episode with Vos, his character in the comics despises clones.

This weeks episode looks cool.

We have only seen a glimps of Luminara.

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
Where are you watching it The Barve? If you go to the CN website you can watch it word for word on their months.

Months? how has this toon been out?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »
BA,..... STOP PICKING on your son. Its NOT FUN and I DON'T enjoy it, because you know what I meant.

Where are you watching it The Barve? If you go to the CN website you can watch it word for word on their months.

Months? how has this toon been out?
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline TheBarve

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2008, 11:17:58 AM »
Where are you watching it The Barve? If you go to the CN website you can watch it word for word on their months. I didn't have any problems with the mouths and speech matching.

On Cartoon Network's channel. Last episode Obi Wan barely opened his mouth most of the time while speaking his lines.
-John Meyers (HELLBOY)

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
OH ok because I had no problems, but I have DSL and I don't know if you do or not, but when I watched it, it was perfect for me.

On Cartoon Network's channel. Last episode Obi Wan barely opened his mouth most of the time while speaking his lines.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »
well now, some serous OTJ training tonight, another excellent episode....didn't know Rex was 501st, guess I should have with the blue colors, duh  :-[

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2008, 11:49:57 PM »
I really enjoyed the episode tonight, it had everything in terms of a good story. I think the biggest thing to be enjoyed most was how much detail they put into showing how the Clones are turning into real men. From self sacrifice to the little calendar girls on the walls! Pretty great in terms of detail and I wonder why the movie sucked so much, yet all the episodes seem to be quite watchable. I do notice they tend to stay away from "Snips" and "Skyguy" nicknames which I can't stand. Overall, I just can't wait to see next week!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.