Collections, Customs, Dioramas, Props and Costumes > Customs

Customizing Contest ideas

(1/6) > >>

jokabofe:
OK, folks, we're in the talking stages of another customizing contest here at TheJawa, and we'd like YOUR input (since you'll be doing the work) about what you'd like to see.

First, I'll post some ideas that the staff has for this contest, and then I'd like to hear what you guys think is good and what's not so good. And please, no offense to the other troopers, but I'd really like to see comments ONLY from the customizers who are going to be participating in the contest(s).

Thanks for your cooperation!

OK, here are the ideas that we have:

1) The contest would run every other month. It will basically switch months with our other monthly contest, Trooper of the Month, which would go to a bi-monthly contest.

2) After the new contest ends, the preparation for the next contest will start. Basically that means YOU GUYS need to post ideas of what the theme for the next contest is going to be. Then, the staff will vote (or we'll open the vote to the public forum) and get a winner.

3) Of course, a prize will be awarded on a bi-monthly basis. After all submissions are sent in, a poll will be made and the forum will vote on a winner.

4) The winner - and a selection of runners-up (like the top 3, or top 5, depending on how many entries we have) will also be posted to the front page of The Jawa for everyone to see  8)

5) In an effort to get more people interested in customizing, if we get enough entries I'd like to have two levels: the beginner level and the advanced level. Basically, if you've never made a figure before, or are just starting out, you would be in the beginner level and judged against other customizers who are in your same skill level, instead of trying to compete with the "big boys".

So what do you guys think? Would you be interested in entering this every other month? What about our ideas, good or bad? What do you like? What would you change? Let us know and let's get it started!!

hemble:
I would like to see either a concept design contest of different uniforms etc, or diorama's with different theme's.

Ron

Jaing Skirata:
i think it's a great idea but, we really need to promote it and i'm not sure bi-monthly would be best. in the past the contests have had very poor turn out after everyone an their mother's said they'd enter. that said i'd be supportive of it... that being said, i've retired from participating in customs contests. after the $hit storm brewed up from sandblast '07, i've lost all desire to compete again. i'll only do consignments, for my kids and my own stuff.

Darth Spice:
I'll be honest PJ that entire debacle of 07 was part of what kept us from doing anything until now. This was to have fun, not have anyone in particular cry about it. That being said I think we've got a few new people around here who could really challenge some of our veteran builders. The fact also remains that we've got too much talent sitting around here to not do anything. As long as no one gets a pieface about NOT winning and people can remember to be a good sport, I think it'll be great fun and very entertaining too.

Jaing Skirata:

--- Quote from: Darth Spice on August 31, 2008, 09:27:46 AM ---I'll be honest PJ that entire debacle of 07 was part of what kept us from doing anything until now. This was to have fun, not have anyone in particular cry about it. That being said I think we've got a few new people around here who could really challenge some of our veteran builders. The fact also remains that we've got too much talent sitting around here to not do anything. As long as no one gets a pieface about NOT winning and people can remember to be a good sport, I think it'll be great fun and very entertaining too.

--- End quote ---

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said man. But, for me, the competitive fire was extinguished. That last experienced ruined it for me. Honestly, it wasn't even worth winning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version