Author Topic: Clone Wars Animated Movie  (Read 48152 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Re: Clone Wars Animated Movie
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 02:50:40 PM »
Is their going to be REALLY 97 episodes? If their was, I wonder if after the tv show airs, I wonder if ALL of those will hit dvd W/ the movie in the dvd set.

Here's how it will go...

1st, release single discs with 4 - 5 episodes on each, out of chronological order.

After those have sold out, release new 2-disc sets with episodes in better order.

After those are all gone, release box set that has every episode from the season in order.

Then, several years after the series is over and done, release new updated box sets with enhanced graphics and new interviews, and an exclusive inside look at Episode 7 - 8 - 9, coming to theaters soon.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »
Is their going to be REALLY 97 episodes? If their was, I wonder if after the tv show airs, I wonder if ALL of those will hit dvd W/ the movie in the dvd set.

Here's how it will go...

1st, release single discs with 4 - 5 episodes on each, out of chronological order.

After those have sold out, release new 2-disc sets with episodes in better order.

After those are all gone, release box set that has every episode from the season in order.

Then, several years after the series is over and done, release new updated box sets with enhanced graphics and new interviews, and an exclusive inside look at Episode 7 - 8 - 9, coming to theaters soon.

You forgot the obvious ones. Single-disc, full-frame version of the 'movie' a week before the series comes out. Re-release of same movie, only a 2-disc version, widescreen in a collectible box at the end of season 1.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
    • Jedi Collectors Sanctum
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
97 episodes!?!?! Is that a joke or for real? Anyone know how long each episode is going to be?
"Once more the sith will rule the galaxy....once the hobbitses are dead!"

cuyvaldar

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »
Aren't they going to be 15 minutes again?

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »
these are supposed to be 30 minute episodes from what I understood way back when.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2008, 08:19:35 PM »
That would be cool.

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 09:48:59 PM »
these are supposed to be 30 minute episodes from what I understood way back when.

With commercials and whatnot, the episodes will probably be about 22 minutes in length. As for the 97 episodes, I believe it was hinted at that they wanted to produce 100 hours of programing (not 100 episodes). If that's the case, it would probably take the series running 5 years minimum to reach that goal.

MY FEEDBACK

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »
I seen the movie tonight and OH MY GOSH that was freaking awesome movie from the start to the end. I give it a PERFECT 10 and no complaints on the first part as everyone said because frankly I loved it since it set it up for everyone to know what was going on and loved the music quit a bit and would love to own the soundtrack as well. Well I hope that whatever it is in episodes that I get to buy it all in a dvd set because I loved this so much. I know I will be in this CW stuff pretty deep that's for sure when I can get the visual guide and anything else I can get my hands on. Which will end up driving my lady crazy because once I get the dvd of it and whatever they do with the show, I will end up watching it about 200 times like I have with the movies. Bring it ALL on because I am ready and willing to have it.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »
I got to see it for a second time tonight but it was a pretty unique experience none the less!

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/clonewars_drivein/   ;D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2008, 11:11:20 PM »
"Wow", a drive-in, that word is surely not heard of very much of. You go Spicey N' Hot. The nearest drive-in near me is about 50miles from here in a town called Russellville.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »
Anyone else get one of these? Both my son and nephew got one when we went to see the movie yesterday. Sorry for the bad phone pictures  ;):

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
Cool, what are they? Posters? Cards?

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »
It's a fold-out with a poster on one side and an advertisement for toys at Target on the other. It folds up to the size of a 3x5 index card with a motion card (the blue background one) attached to the front and a Cmndr. Fox card with an online code (the red background one) attached to the other.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:47:50 AM by DarthWormie »

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »
Sweet. We didn't get anything like that when we went  :'(

They whisperin about us

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »
According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, Clone Wars will finish the weekend in 3rd place with $15.5M although they will be providing another updated total tomorrow afternoon. 1st place went to Tropic Thunder with $26M and 2nd went to The Dark Knight with $16.8M

MY FEEDBACK

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2008, 12:24:16 PM »
Unreal that the Dark Knight is still taking in money in numbers like that this far after release  :o

They whisperin about us

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »
just took my grandson and we really enjoyed it....I too thought the battledroid banter was too cheesy, but the kids seemed to like it, and that's who this is geared for...right after the flick, we picked him up a Cap Rex for now...next week an Anakin

we did not get one of these Wormie, bummer for us

Ziro/Zero the Hutt.....ridiculous!  if I remember right, don't Hutts changed their sexuality in order to reproduce?  I mean, for an Uncle, this Zero was awfully feminine
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:07:09 PM by Lt. Starfox »

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2008, 02:16:08 PM »
just took my grandson and we really enjoyed it....I too thought the battledroid banter was too cheesy, but the kids seemed to like it, and that's who this is geared for...right after the flick, we picked him up a Cap Rex for now...next week an Anakin

Ziro/Zero the Hutt.....ridiculous!  if I remember right, don't Hutts changed their sexuality in order to reproduce?  I mean, for an Uncle, this Zero was awfully feminine

yeah seemed like lucas fell for the obligatory "insert a gay character here" thing that is trendy in hollywood these day... ....too bad....I'll just try to ignore it and pretend he just has a funny Cartman voice.... Oh well.... saw the movie yesterday... It was good, not ROTS or AOTC good, but good enough.  I'll check it out again when it hits DVD.  Loved the jawas in this movie, they seemed to generate the most laughs.  When does the series start airing on cable?  I wonder if it will be available online, like on hyperspace or some similar site.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:16:49 PM by darthdan »
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »
It's just one of them things fellas. I had a good time imitating Xiro last night sneaking up behind people! As you can imagine how that went with the fellow 501st guys!  ;D :D
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »

The Hutts are asexual when they want to produce off-spring they become female until the child is born and then they transfer back to being a male at some point down the road. Ziro was probably in the beginning stages of having the hutling so that is why he/she was the way he/she was. When I first heard its voice I was like damn they got the South Park guys to come in and do Cartman's voice for Ziro.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2008, 07:03:07 PM »
Neither did I yesterday. Although our theater was giving out small activity books for the kids.

Sweet. We didn't get anything like that when we went  :'(
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »
The soundtrack reminded me of Black Hawk Down in some parts..

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2008, 07:44:34 PM »
Kewl feebie you kids got there Wormie. Our theater was kinda empty, the whole place.

We intended to hit our drive-in as well Spice, but the rat bastards we're not showing it!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:15:47 PM by Bloodant »
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »
at the 11am showing this morning there were only 20 people in there max ...very low numbers

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2008, 09:56:37 PM »
Same where I live since we went to the first showing which was 145pm yesterday their was only maybe 40 people in their tops.

at the 11am showing this morning there were only 20 people in there max ...very low numbers
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »
Same where I live since we went to the first showing which was 145pm yesterday their was only maybe 40 people in their tops.

We went to a late show, including us, there were 10 and there were 5 of us....
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline eshulmire

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2008, 12:46:04 AM »
Well it sucked

I hated Anakinís padawan calling him Sky guy. That whole interaction sucked. The best scenes were the clones fighting the droids. Why must they through a ********** hutt into the movie that was dumb. Where was Grievous? All of three seconds in the movie why??? Oh all I have to say is FAIL it would have been much better as a free premier on TV then to pay 10.00 bucks to see it. I wonít collect the animated toys because I hate how they look and they have thrown continuity out the window.  ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:11:44 AM by dustrho »

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2008, 07:04:42 AM »

I went to the 11am show on Saturday with my boy and nephew. We were the first people into the theater, so I sat us way in the back because when the two of them are together they get a bit loud. We were the only people in there for a while until about 25 minutes before the movie started. Then people started coming in in droves. Lots of kids. Of course all of those parents must have had the same idea as I did and they all sat up in the back as well.  ::) The last 4 rows were almost completely filled.

By the time the movie started I guess there were about 70-75 people in there, about 75% of them kids.

MY FEEDBACK

cuyvaldar

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2008, 09:42:37 AM »
Well it sucked

I hated Anakinís padawan calling him Sky guy. That whole interaction sucked. The best scenes were the clones fighting the droids. Why must they through a ********** hutt into the movie that was dumb. Where was Grievous? All of three seconds in the movie why??? Oh all I have to say is FAIL it would have been much better as a free premier on TV then to pay 10.00 bucks to see it. I wonít collect the animated toys because I hate how they look and they have thrown continuity out the window.  ??? ??? ??? ???

I for one loved it. Fantastic all around movie. Not really sure what movie this poster saw.

Anakin was great, just like the books. Ahsoka was a cool character. Obi-wan was bada$$ed, REX was freaking sweet, found my next childs name, if it's a boy.

Dooku dark and evil, same with Ventress.

I give it a A-...the minus for it ending.

Offline eshulmire

• New Recruit
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »

I for one loved it. Fantastic all around movie. Not really sure what movie this poster saw.

Anakin was great, just like the books. Ahsoka was a cool character. Obi-wan was bada$$ed, REX was freaking sweet, found my next childs name, if it's a boy.

Dooku dark and evil, same with Ventress.

I give it a A-...the minus for it ending.

[/quote]

I am sure you will be up for the new version of star wars done by midgets and puppies. Come on it was crap you must have serious lowered expectations. And the box office numbers prove it! Having a gay hutt and the stupidest padawan in the world helped ruin the movie. The clones were awesome I liked the battle scenes but saving the baby hutt turd thing was just dumb. And I am tired of hearing Mace Windu say there is a deeper plot here then we can see. Yea let me tell you Mace the movie plot sucked. All I want to see is fighting with the clones against the droids and development of the main characters. I give it a big FAIL!!!!! You just canít hand me a pile of dog crap and say itís the best new star wars movie. I mean I am surprised by some of you hard core fans. You have to admit its not that great of a movie Straight to Dvd would have been more appropriate.