Movies > Star Wars Episodes I-III

Clone Wars Animated Movie

(1/44) > >>

jokabofe:
OK, since this opens tomorrow, I figured it was time to get a thread going in the prequel movie section.

Who's going tonight at midnight? Are you waiting till tomorrow? Are you not going till next week?

And do you think this is as big of an event as the other prequel films or do you think because it's an animated feature that it won't do as well?

Personally, I'm going first show tomorrow morning. My girlfriend works all day today from 8:30am to 6:30pm and I don't think she'll want to sit through a movie tonight at midnight  :P

Lt. Starfox:
I am off next week, so it will be on Monday or Tuesday.  There is no way this will bring in the $$$ megabucks that the other flicks did.  I do not think anyone will go back to see this 3, 4 or more times like the last movies.

SHB033196:

--- Quote from: Lt. Starfox on August 14, 2008, 12:52:07 PM ---I am off next week, so it will be on Monday or Tuesday.  There is no way this will bring in the $$$ megabucks that the other flicks did.  I do not think anyone will go back to see this 3, 4 or more times like the last movies.

--- End quote ---

I concur with this sentiment 100%. I also think the "casual" SW fan is going to be disinterested, reducing the ticketbuyer base to hardcore fans and younglings. It'll open strong based off of these numbers and the hardcore guys going to see it a few times, but I wouldn't expect this movie to do over 150 million and that's probably a long shot.

IMAJEDI:
  I'm actually going to do the midnight show solo. My wife (she refused) and son can't go because of Friday work and school. We'll go again as a family to a Saturday matinee.
  I can't find a friend that is willing to go. They either don't want to use time off Friday or brave the work day as a zombie like I will. (my boss is on vacation this week, so making it one sleepy Friday won't be too bad. Long naps at lunch do wonders!) >:D

For me, its almost a tradition thing. I went to each of the Special Editions at midnight, then each prequel; so this is almost a must for me.

COME ON....Its STAR WARS!

CommanderNaruto:
Ill try and take my nephew to the midnite viewing for his birthday, maybe get him the clone voice changing helmet thats on sale at TRU for 23.99

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version