Author Topic: Clone Wars Animated Movie  (Read 47785 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
Clone Wars Animated Movie
« on: August 14, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
OK, since this opens tomorrow, I figured it was time to get a thread going in the prequel movie section.

Who's going tonight at midnight? Are you waiting till tomorrow? Are you not going till next week?

And do you think this is as big of an event as the other prequel films or do you think because it's an animated feature that it won't do as well?

Personally, I'm going first show tomorrow morning. My girlfriend works all day today from 8:30am to 6:30pm and I don't think she'll want to sit through a movie tonight at midnight  :P

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Re: Clone Wars Animated Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »
I am off next week, so it will be on Monday or Tuesday.  There is no way this will bring in the $$$ megabucks that the other flicks did.  I do not think anyone will go back to see this 3, 4 or more times like the last movies.

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline SHB033196

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
I am off next week, so it will be on Monday or Tuesday.  There is no way this will bring in the $$$ megabucks that the other flicks did.  I do not think anyone will go back to see this 3, 4 or more times like the last movies.

I concur with this sentiment 100%. I also think the "casual" SW fan is going to be disinterested, reducing the ticketbuyer base to hardcore fans and younglings. It'll open strong based off of these numbers and the hardcore guys going to see it a few times, but I wouldn't expect this movie to do over 150 million and that's probably a long shot.

Offline IMAJEDI

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
  I'm actually going to do the midnight show solo. My wife (she refused) and son can't go because of Friday work and school. We'll go again as a family to a Saturday matinee.
  I can't find a friend that is willing to go. They either don't want to use time off Friday or brave the work day as a zombie like I will. (my boss is on vacation this week, so making it one sleepy Friday won't be too bad. Long naps at lunch do wonders!) >:D

For me, its almost a tradition thing. I went to each of the Special Editions at midnight, then each prequel; so this is almost a must for me.

COME ON....Its STAR WARS!

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
Ill try and take my nephew to the midnite viewing for his birthday, maybe get him the clone voice changing helmet thats on sale at TRU for 23.99
Datteybayo!

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »
I'll be seeing this either at midnight tonight or tomorrow after work. I'll also be taking my son and nephew on Saturday morning to see it as well. Honestly I'm surprised that there are midnight showings. I really didn't think there would be that much demand for it.

I agree with Fox, no way this makes even close to what any of the others make. I'd honestly be surprised if this breaks the $100M mark. I also don't expect it to last long in the theaters, 2-3 weeks tops.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline chewykingwookie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +63/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »
I will see it twice maybe three times I am going to the midnight show tonight with a couple other troopers and then hitting it with another trooper tomorrow and tomorrow evening.

Offline gorkoracing

• Premium
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
    • My Collection
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
I got tickets for snowtroopermonk and I for the midnight showing.

Offline CommanderNaruto

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
Ah, a farewell movie, hope you guys have fun, Good luck Gorko
Datteybayo!

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
    • Jedi Collectors Sanctum
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:35:46 PM »
I am going today with my sister (its already friday morning in the UK thats why i say today) and i cant wait, im sure itll be good despite the bad reviews.
"Once more the sith will rule the galaxy....once the hobbitses are dead!"

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »
I'm going Saturday because a buddy of mine wants to go figure hunting and game hunting as well. So Saturday will be my day with the lil lady.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline DarthJay

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
    • Thrash Magazine
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 12:18:09 AM »
Just got back, it was awesome. My brother and I laughed at how hyped Plo Koon was and he was only in it for less than 10 seconds hahaha. Met Longshot and Chewykingwookie for some TGIF before. Twas a pleasure gentlemen.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
  • S.C.A.L.P. Weapons Supplier
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 01:29:05 AM »
Just got back myself, and it was one kick ass movie! I was so psyched when I got out of there, and I can't wait to go back and see it on Saturday with my 3-yr-old son Lucas. This movie, IMO, was much better than Episode I and II, and at times better than III. The script was done exceptionally well, the graphics were superb, and the sound effects & music were top notch as well. One thing I liked a lot about the movie was that at close-up shots, it looked like it was a painting on the big screen, as if you could actually see the brush strokes they used to make the film.

Was there anything I didn't like about the movie? The only thing that I can think of at the moment, is that it was depressing to not see General Grievous in there.

Cannot wait for more Star Wars films/TV shows done just like this! Bravo GL!  :thumbup: :clap:

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 01:29:55 AM »
I liked it too, me and my son went but the other two didn't wanna go because of how tired they were after Batman! I was surprised to see the theatre I was in wasn't to capacity, I didn't expect a sell-out but I thought it'd be more crowded! Either way it wasn't near as bad as some of these jag-off critics said, I was pretty happy with it overall.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 01:44:50 AM »
There were less than 30-40 people in my theater, and it's a HUGE theater so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Got there an hour early, thinking it was going to be packed with a long line. Instead of just hanging out for an hour, we walked across the parking lot to Rock Bottom for some beer, just before we downed a ton of butter drenched popcorn. Yum!

Offline Darth Doomy-Doom

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 04:15:16 AM »
I must admit, that scathing review on the front page a couple of days ago had me seriously concerned.  Well, all my doubts were for naught.  This was a good movie.

The script was done exceptionally well, the graphics were superb, and the sound effects & music were top notch as well. One thing I liked a lot about the movie was that at close-up shots, it looked like it was a painting on the big screen, as if you could actually see the brush strokes they used to make the film.

Was there anything I didn't like about the movie? The only thing that I can think of at the moment, is that it was depressing to not see General Grievous in there.

I got back just a while ago.  Agreed on the art style...it almost reminded me of super-high-end claymation, or something like it.  Very cool.  I loved the music.  I was taken aback when it started without the classic fanfare, but within three seconds of hearing the new opening crawl, it won me over.  Throughout the film, the (...I dunno, sort of Eastern?) music was pretty cool.  Certainly not what we've come to associate with SW, but very nice nonetheless. 

And we did see Grievous!  Right at the beginning.  Standing next to Dooku. ...not doing anything.  :-\

I thought it dragged on a little bit, but I think I know why: there was no B-Plot.  All the other films have multiple storylines running concurrently.  Granted, it was there a little bit when Anakin and Obi-Wan split up, but they were still both just working on the main plot.  It all came back to Rotta.

I loved all the continuity nods though.  It was getting hard to keep up...and did anyone else catch R2-KT?  It made me go awww and I had to explain it to my party afterwards.

Offline IMAJEDI

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 06:35:56 AM »
I thought it was actually pretty good. (ask me again later in the day when my exhaustion sets in). Honestly better than I was anticipating. Lots of comedy.

(DON'T READ IF YOU "SPOIL" EASY)
My only qualms...as mentioned above, several characters were on screen for less than a second. (Plo, Greivous, Luminara, and Fisto). Guess that leaves more of the TV show for them to fill.

2nd. No FLOATING YELLLOW WORDS. These is Star Wars, and yellow words float through space! They had a narrator instead?

Lastly, I was excited when they rolled into the shot of Niro the Hutt. Another Hutt was going to be great...then he spoke. Visually he was OK, but could they have found a worse voice? Did he have a little sugar in his tank? He made the Hutts look weak.

The one thing that kept coming to my mind was that Hasbro could really make some cool toys from this film. Maybe two new Hutts?

Offline DarthJay

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +1/-0
    • Thrash Magazine
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 07:11:57 AM »
Nothing screams "children's toys" like a cross dressing fruitcake blob of slime...

I liked the way Ahsoka and Anakin interact, but you can tell they are setting it up for her to die at the end/some point. I also kind of liked that there was no back story, it just kind of... starts, and everyone just happens to know each other.

I really hope that they just release this on DVD like two weeks before the series starts and start from the end. I don't want to have to go through however many weeks it would take to show those as episodes...

The only thing depressing for me about the movie was the fact that I had to get up during the opening and go make the theater do their job and open the curtains all the way so we could, you know, see the whole picture.

Offline gran3131

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +34/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 07:39:12 AM »
Going to go a little later today and can not wait.  Glad to see most of you who have seen it enjoyed it.

Offline Jaask

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +5/-0
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • Jedi Knight Jaask
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 07:56:37 AM »
I just saw this this morning and I thought it was great. The ahsoka/anakin connection was cool and some of the droid scenes were so funny. Only qualm, no real grievous appearance. He was just in shot at the start, but we'll probably see more of him in the series. All in all, a great film  ;D
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

Jedimom

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 08:10:27 AM »
My local theatre (5 screens) is not showing Clone Wars!  :dualfinger: So I gotta drive into Lima. That means I probably won't get to see it til tomorrow

Offline gorkoracing

• Premium
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
    • My Collection
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »
I thought it was good.  Mentioned to monk that grievous was in it for 2 seconds and has a wave 1 figure made of him yet dooku was in the whole dang thing and isnt getting a figure till wave 2 or 3.  I thought rex was pretty badass.  I enjoyed it though and will probably watch it again.  Monk passed out as apparently it was past his bedtime so he missed about half the movie lol.  :P

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
And we did see Grievous!  Right at the beginning.  Standing next to Dooku. ...not doing anything.  :-\

We did, WTF was I doing then, because I totally missed it. Dammit!

I thought it dragged on a little bit, but I think I know why: there was no B-Plot. 

Good point. I didn't think of that while I was watching it, but it was sort of a nice change of pace for the Star Wars films.

I loved all the continuity nods though.  It was getting hard to keep up...and did anyone else catch R2-KT?  It made me go awww and I had to explain it to my party afterwards.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Talk about a huge tribute to Katie and her family.

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 10:12:51 AM »
There were tons of tributes to past Star Wars films (which was nice), but I loved Rex and his bad ass army/marines "kick ass and take names" attitude. I also loved it when the clone pilot was flying Anakin, Ahsoka and some clones down to the monestary, and I can't remember exactly what he said but it reminded me of helicopter pilots dropping their soldiers off in Vietnam war movies. I wish I could remember the damn line, but I thought it was a nice tribute to the armed services of our great country.

Offline IMAJEDI

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +2/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 10:22:53 AM »
I thought it was funny how the clones all had different variations of haircuts, trying to be individuals. The red, reverse mohawk?

Offline dustrho

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +84/-0
    • dustrho on Twitter
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
Just read this a**h**e's review over at Gizmodo, and all he does (and all the commentors) is bash the s**t out of this film. I don't give a s**t what anyone says, but I loved the movie. Fanboy, or not.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 10:53:47 AM »
I wish I could remember the damn line

I believe it was "welcome to paradise" right?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:43 AM »
Just got back from this cartoon movie. I thought it was very enjoyable, it had that Star Wars feel to it. I believe most people who like Star Wars will enjoy this cartoon movie.

I will admit I was at first against Anakin having a Padawan but the way they laid it out it worked. I am not ok with it. Makes you wonder what will happen to her before the events of Episode III.

The Clones were cool.
The Droid Army a little to comical but it is geared for kids.
Yes R2-KT is there next to R2-D2. That was a nice touch.
The lightsaber battles were neat. I really like the Anakin -vs- Dooku in the desert, nice.\

One thing I am not to thrilled about is the animation styling for the characters. I think they should have chosen a different style. I am not to keen on that straight line look on many of the characters features. They look like carvings or something.

A very well thought out cartoon movie that I believe will make Star Wars fans happy. I now look forward to the television show.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline Taurs

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +30/-0
  • I will do what i must
    • Jedi Collectors Sanctum
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
I just got back from seeing this and i loved it. At the beggining i wasnt too sure i would like it, the voice over bit and all that had me worried but as it went on it started to feel like proper star wars. I liked the anakin ashoka stuff a lot it was a nice change and i actually love the style that the film was done in!!! Cant wait for more!!
"Once more the sith will rule the galaxy....once the hobbitses are dead!"

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »
I saw it last night and I liked it. The only thing I didnt like was the begining with the narrator and without the classic music
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback