Author Topic: Red 5 X-Wing Model  (Read 12541 times)

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
Red 5 X-Wing Model
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »
I don't know much about this yet, but more info will be coming

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline jedibrian77

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +22/-0
Re: Red 5 X-Wing Model
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »
That's cool. Id like to see pics of it when they actually finish it
"With an army of these, who could defeat us? No one!." -KOTOR 2

Feedback

Offline Bloodant

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +98/-0
  • If at 1st you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 you
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:36:01 PM »
How big is it?
Wants
Feedback
My Blog
New Recruits
私は星戦争を愛する!

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:28:55 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to let you know that the pre-order date for our X-Wing is tentatively slated for Thursday, December 11, 2008.  We have a bunch or pictures and reviews on our blog:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=334419976

If I can answer any questions for you about our X-Wing please let me know.

Amy

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • You ain't much if you ain't Dutch
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
Its freaking awesome but still a bit too expensive, if I include the shipping to the Netherlands + the customs! But a guy can dream right?
The one and only Dirty Dutchman!!!!

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo.
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »
If I could afford this I would be getting it to go along with all the Master Replica studio scales that I have in the collection. I have all but the AT-AT. The payment plan is promising and might be something that will get me to get this item. Just depends if I have a job coming in January.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I thought you might be interested in seeing our most recent press release about the X-Wing going on sale tomorrow so here it is:

eFX (Finally) Reveals X-Wing Model Pre-Order Surprise!

You’ve debated it on the forums, and discussed it with your friends!
And now, at last, eFX is pleased to reveal the “secret” behind the Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Starfighter “Red Five” FX Model, launching December 11, 2008.

Anyone who pre-orders the eFX Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Starfighter “Red Five” FX model between December 11th, 2008 and December 21st, 2008 will receive “at no additional cost” a special plaque, signed by Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill!  You read that right!  At NO additional cost!  Mr. Hamill will only sign enough plaques to accompany the pre-orders and the Signature Plaque will NOT be available again, even at an additional cost!

So, there you have it, the debate is over!  (Those of you who guessed Mark Hamill’s signature can now pat yourselves on the back and give your friends a healthy “I told you so!”)  This is an extremely limited time offer, so don’t miss your chance to get eFX’s very first signature edition - the special Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Starfighter “Red Five” FX model - Mark Hamill Signature Edition! 

Visit www.eFXCollectibles.com for the complete details and pre-ordering information.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Wow, now that is a pretty rough autograph to come by. What a great way to help these take flight. This is the same piece we saw a prototype of from Master Replicas at Toy Fair a few years back?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline odiewan

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +47/-0
  • Fight On!!!
    • The Jawa
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 10:59:07 AM »
I was thinking about this.  $1200 + s/h gets you the awesome X-Wing and Mark Hamill's auto on a signature plaque.  That seems like a nice $100 add on for free.  Very tempting to get into this line.  Only wish I would have planned for this better and cut Hasbro a long time ago.
Wants  -  Trade  -  Feedback

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
Hi Darth,

This is not the same model MR had back then.  We started from scratch.

Wow, now that is a pretty rough autograph to come by. What a great way to help these take flight. This is the same piece we saw a prototype of from Master Replicas at Toy Fair a few years back?

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »
I have a question about the X-Wing. The little Luke and R2 that is being made by Gentle Giant will they come packed with the X-Wing or is there a mail away type promotion to get them?

The Mark H. auto is a nice addition.
<br />Boba Binks - The most feared Bounty  Hunter on Naboo.<br /><br />View my Sandtroopers.com <a href=\\\\\\\"http://djsyczylo.net/sandtroopers/STPortfolio.htm\\\\\\\" target=\\\\\\\"_blank\\\\\\\">Portfolio</a>.

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:12:22 PM »
Hi Boba,

The Luke will be included with the X-Wing.

I have a question about the X-Wing. The little Luke and R2 that is being made by Gentle Giant will they come packed with the X-Wing or is there a mail away type promotion to get them?

The Mark H. auto is a nice addition.

Offline eFXAmy

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Here is our latest announcement for the X-Wing:

EFX ANNOUNCES LUKE SKYWALKER’STM X-WINGTM FX STARFIGHTER “RED FIVE” FX MODEL TO BE RETIRED ON DECEMBER 21, 2008
December 17, 2008

As you know, our X-wing went up for pre-sale on December 11th.  For those of you who pre-ordered, we would like to thank you very much because pre-orders have exceeded even our most optimistic expectations, especially given the hard economic times we are all facing.

To show our gratitude and as a special holiday gift from eFX, our X-wing pre-order offer now includes FREE FedEX Ground shipping to any address in the continental USA!  If you’ve already placed your order for the X-wing, you will also receive this special gift.

However, you must act quickly since we have made the very difficult decision to retire our X-wing at the end of this special pre-order period.

What does this mean? It means that the edition size will be determined by the actual number of orders we receive.  We will announce the number at the end of the pre-order period and it will be noted on the plaque.

What does this mean to you, our customer?  It means you will have acquired a very limited edition collectible and will belong to a very select group of collectors who will own our very first eFX Star Wars FX Model.  As we had promised when we first announced our new company, eFX will do its best to keep “collectibles Collectible.”

What does this mean to eFX?  It means that even though it may result in lower revenues for this item, it will help us to not bear the expense of carrying inventory which can hurt a small company, especially during these hard economic times.

So, if you’re thinking about ordering our Luke Skywalker’s X-wing Starfighter “Red Five” FX Model, then visit www.eFXCollectibles.com before it is too late.

And remember each model comes with:
   ■   Mark Hamill Signature Plaque
   ■   Luke Skywalker pilot sculpted by Gentle Giant
   ■   Free FedeX Ground shipping to any address in the continental USA
   ■   Easy and convenient layaway plan*

*For a detailed product description and for the full terms and conditions of this offer, please visit www.eFXCollectibles.com.

So let’s close it up and go in full throttle!  Don’t miss our on this incredible replica, order yours today before its retired to a galaxy, far, far away!

© 2008 Lucafilm Ltd. & TM  © 2008 eFX Inc. & TM

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »
Saw this posted at http://www.myspace.com/efxcollectibles

eFX X-Wing Alternative Display Case

We just received the prototype of the optional base/cover that we are working on for the X-wing.

We do not know the price or timing yet, but we thought that some may want to see what it may look like. It will be a COMPLETE REPLACEMENT of the smaller oval base. It will come with the post and the power connections. You will use the adapter that came with your X-wing.

The size of the base is approximately 25-3/4" X 22-3/4". The acrylic cover will be approximately 11-1/2" tall

Note, that it does not show the acrylic cover in the picture.

Sorry, that it is not more of a beauty shot, but we wanted to post it before the ordering deadline tonight at 12:00 AM Pacific Time!

I hope it does not cost too much since many already shelled out a bunch of money for the X-Wing.

Offline Trooper Jon

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Yo Joe!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »
My eFX X-Wing arrived this morning...

I am very happy! The X-Wing looks much better in person than in pictures.

I have been to all of the traveling Star Wars exhibits, and I have seen many of the ILM models in person. I would argue that if this X-Wing was put in such an exhibit and passed off as an original prop, no one could tell the difference. It is that good!

There are a few little things that I could pick on, but I won't because the X-Wing is so well done. I would say that it is better than the MR Y-Wing but not quite as good as the Falcon (but of course the Falcon was $1000 more).

I need to leave for work soon, but I'll try to post some pictures over the weekend.

I can't wait to see what eFX will have in store for us next. Well done!

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »
fantastic, can't wait to see your pics of this

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »
Will not be getting mine until April. My mom ordered one for me and did the payment plan. But I cannot argue.

Offline Coleman Trebor

• S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • You ain't much if you ain't Dutch
    • www.gator.nl
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 04:16:40 AM »
Will not be getting mine until April. My mom ordered one for me and did the payment plan. But I cannot argue.

Dude, your mom rules!!!
The one and only Dirty Dutchman!!!!

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
Yes she is awesome. She knew I wanted one but could not afford it so she ordered one for my birthday which is this coming Saturday the 7th. I can wait until April or whenever it ships. I was not suppose to know about it but I saw the e-mail that she order it.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 04:36:03 AM »
Thats pretty cool Binks. Would love to see some pics of it when you actually get it.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »
There will be an extensive guide on this piece.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 08:40:41 AM »
I just received my eFX X-Wing! It is a very beautiful piece. I will be making a visual guide of it very soon.
eFX has really done a fantastic job on this piece.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »
We're looking forward to that Binks. I'm also curious to see how the new display case worked out!  :o 8)  Ya big ass pimp!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Boba Binks

• VIP
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +12/-0
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »
Went and picked up the display case for my X-Wing on Friday morning. Drove two hours over to Ohio to pick it up since I did not want to pay $200+ to ship it. I started the guide, I have 11 frames so far and many more to come.

cuyvaldar

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »
Went and picked up the display case for my X-Wing on Friday morning. Drove two hours over to Ohio to pick it up since I did not want to pay $200+ to ship it. I started the guide, I have 11 frames so far and many more to come.

Looking forward too Binks

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »
Bring it on B.B. This gonna rock.
Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »
The guide is now LIVE! Great job David!!

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/eFX/models/luke_xwing/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:24:21 AM by Darth Spice »

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »
this is a great looking piece for sure, although the paint apps on R2 seem pretty sloppy