Author Topic: Velvet Revolver:  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Velvet Revolver:
« on: September 15, 2007, 09:27:53 AM »
What happend to my other hero Scott Wylan on vocals? Contraband was perhaps one of the best rock albums in 15 years and then they get WHO is the dope on vocals now??? Somebody wanna tell me what the hell happend here?
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
Re: Velvet Revolver:
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:54:38 AM »
Hey Spice, from what i can tell its still scott weiland on vocals.I did some research tonight on the band velvet revolver which they are also one of my fav's as well and its still him and has not been replaced at all.Looks like he just changed his hair and style.Which too me thats not the scott i know and really loved too listen too from back in the days of STP.So yeah i agree i would really like too know myself why they changed there style again.I like STP and as well his new band velvet revolver.But i would really like too see him bring back STP for a tour or so or maybe velvet revolver and STP together.That would be really awesome concert i think.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »
Are you 100% IT'S STILL Wylan on vocals Bob? I just doesn't sound like it to me.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Darth Ravenous

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • "I Am The Senate!"
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »
Weiland's voice tends to vary from album to album, sometimes song to song.  Especially when he was shooting up vs. cleaned up.  Maybe he's back on the Horse?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:15:06 PM by DarthNexu »

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Yep Spice, They have him listed as the singer still. Which unless he has went solo after the release of this previously released new record. He is still listed as in the band and still the singer.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:04:43 PM by VadersFist »
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
OK so I was a few months off but it appears Weiland has finally been kicked to the curb, or so I read yesterday! Only a matter of time!  ;D

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:06:09 PM »
Well then that will be interesting to see who will sing for them next then if he's gone.
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Lt. Starfox

• Pink 4 Me
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +408/-0
  • Boomstick !
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
i know Slash said they were all tired of his antics and behavior both on and off the stage, and his drug issues.....will they stay together and get a new front man, or just fade away?

I'm all out of bubble gum.....

Offline crimsondragon

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +18/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
Why can't these folks get their acts together??  >:(  Since I don't like hardly any music that the "kids" are putting out these days, it's up to these old farts (that were popular in "my day") to keep rock alive.  Just another promising band going down the tubes.   :P

Offline jokabofe

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +122/-0
  • Pull your skirt back down, grow a set man
    • starwarsgeek.net
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
Well, looks like Weiland is back with STP for a reunion tour. Like, gee, who didn't see THAT coming? I wonder what happened to Army of Anyone - the group that the rest of STP formed with Filter frontman Richard Patrick. That was actually a really good record.

Yo I'm sittin on top of the- It's more than a feeling ain't it?
I be killin damn it, I'm illin and I'm illin'
Eh eh eh meet Mr. Popular, Go get your binoculars
And see Penthouse 3 where a ni**a be
They whisperin about us
I know you haters doubt us
How you count our money we ain't even finish countin'
Pardon me I must say, I'm kinda like a big deal...

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
I loved STP and if they put out a NEW record along with this reunion tour, "oh hell yessss". That would be great,but we will just see if they do.
My Collection
My Feedback

cuyvaldar

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »
Big stp fan here. Even from when they were Mighty Joe young.

Scott Weiland, my favorite singer of all time, should have stand with the Deleos imho.