Author Topic: Guns N Roses  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
Guns N Roses
« on: November 14, 2006, 08:34:07 PM »
Most of the "old folks" here like myself remember GN'R from the late 80's early 90's as one of the great bands around. Their debut album still sells over 100,000 every year. I can honestly say that Appetite for Destruction is one of my top 5 all time albums, and can listen to the whole thing over and over and never get sick of it.

Fast forward to 2006. Last week I had the chance to see GN'R (if that's what their still called) for the fist time since 1991/92 on the Use Your Illusion Tour. This time around they actually need 3 guitarist to fill the shoes of Slash and Izzy or Gilby. The only original member besides Axl is Dizzy Reed (Keyboards) The music wasn't bad but it wasn't the GN'R I am used to seeing or hearing. It was good to hear the old songs from years past as well as new ones from the Chinesse Democracy album the is now over 10 years in the making and still not out yet. Axl was still up to his old s**t. The show started at 8 with 2 opening bands (Sebastian Back from Skid Row and Papa Roach) which were done at about 10:15pm. GN'R didn't hit the stage until 11:45pm and actually played until 2:30am. I bailed at about 1:15am since I had to wake up in about 4 hours for work. I don't why he keeps pulling this I don't feel like playing yet s**t. I will not waste another dime on GN'R until all of the original members decide to pull their heads out of their ass and realize they could rule the world if they wanted to again and decide to be the original GN'R we all came to love. That's my rant for now.
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline Fence

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Side effects may include being who you are.
Re: Guns N Roses
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:31:01 PM »
Axel pulled that same s**t here in Cali at the Inland Invasion Tour. I knew he had that rep, so we didnt go. And I have
no plans of seeing them in December  when they come to town because I value my time. I've seen Velvet Revolver play and those guys play on time, so its them its the red headed prima dona who has the problem. If he would get his head out of his ass, maybe they would be selling out stadiums instead of playing arenas.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 02:23:35 PM »
Tweeny was trying to drag me to this watered down version of GnR in Chicago. If I remember right the worst thing about GnR live WAS the horrible sound of Axl Rose who might be the biggest name to rely on a vocal synthsizer. Joe Elliot being a distant second. The heart and soul of GnR is Slash and Duff who are doing pretty good and are in a band I'd PAY big dollars to see live.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline theblurg

• Junior Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 03:03:10 PM »
It's sad when a great band like this goes bad.  These guys brought rock and roll back to where it should have been when Appetite came out in the late 1980s.  These guys could have been so great, but they just acted like such tools when it mattered.  When they were touring with Metallica and Hetfield got burned at that show in Canada GnR could have saved the day and played a killer show.  But Axl acted like a big girl and wouldn't go on and the audience started a riot.  Plus they drove away Izzy, Slash and Duff and it just ain't the same now.  I'd definitely rather see Velvet Revolver than this poor excuse for GnR any day.

Offline Jimsjedi

• Spec Ops
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What are you whinning about now?
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:15:14 AM »
Well it's 2008 and we are finally getting a new GNR Album. Chinese Democray comes out on 11/23, and I have had the chance to listen to more than half of the songs and I must say they have grown on me. Are they worth waiting 13 years for, HELL NO, but they are not bad.

Best Buy will be the main retailer for this.

Do you plan on buying this?
Attitude with a smile :)

Offline DarthWormie

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +35/-0
  • What's so wrong about wanting power converters?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
Can you really call this a new album?

It will be interesting to see how many people actually buy this album since there have been so many bootlegged version of it floating around for years now.

:) SUPPORT JEFFERSON'S JEDI! :)

MY FEEDBACK
thejawa.com - Scavenging the Collectibles Galaxy!

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »
I would need ALOT more chances to listen to most of the album before I could even THINKG about buying that record. I mean its not (steve,slash,duff,axel,izzy). So since its not those orginal guys, I dunno.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback

Offline Fence

• Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +8/-0
  • Side effects may include being who you are.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
I think I'd go and buy a 2nd copy of The Spaghetti Incident before I waste my money on this tripe.

Offline Vadersfist

• Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +59/-0
  • TIME STAND STILL
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
The Spaghetti Incident had some pretty good songs on that record. Some I liked and some I didn't but all in all I think that the first 3 records where really good I think.
Transformers,...Robots in disguise!
My Collection
My Feedback