Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 2514 times)

Offline ray20dc

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • yes, I indeed love clone troopers
What Happened?
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I have been gone for a long long time but I came back to give some black series updates on my collection and this place is desolate?  What happened? This used to be one of the most active Star Wars boards?
I live in Long Island New York and anything star wars that comes out we get it last!!!!!

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »
I've only been a member for 2 years and it's dropped off significantly in that time. I blame Hasbro mostly.

But welcome back.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
Hasblo has barely been putting anything out, but things will pick up with the rebels line coming out this fall and the new movie line in 2015
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
There are many reasons.. people leaving is #1.. &  Hasbro sucking so badly for going on 5 years & nothing really new..
SO many have left & I do not know you.. but please do not leave again.. we need all the Troopers we can get now..
Welcome back to the party..or the fray? depends on your point of view?
Penter is Right On.
I am still here because this is the place to go with news or no news.  ???
Either though I try to help out with going to shows and reporting this past year. But never gets shown on our site, a pet peeve that I don't like and needs to change soon.
So Welcome Back!

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 04:14:05 AM »
I miss the glory days as well. 
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
There are many reasons.. people leaving is #1.. &  Hasbro sucking so badly for going on 5 years & nothing really new..
SO many have left & I do not know you.. but please do not leave again.. we need all the Troopers we can get now..
Welcome back to the party..or the fray? depends on your point of view?
Penter is Right On.
I am still here because this is the place to go with news or no news.  ???
Either though I try to help out with going to shows and reporting this past year. But never gets shown on our site, a pet peeve that I don't like and needs to change soon.
So Welcome Back!
Though I'm not a hugh collector.
I do try and post and keep people informed of the parts of the SW Universe. I know we are supossed to report things on here.
Unfortunatly FB has more traffic and gets more responses than on here.
This site is really for the few of us who have been around for along time and feel comfortable here.
The world is changing and everything goes through FB,twitter,etc.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »
To each their own..... I get on Facebook.....but for my Star Wars discussions, I come here.... As I have for a long time now...... Not sure if the NSA cares about my Star Wars hobby, but I hear ya Penter..... They are watching us.....
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
I'm still here too. I don't get to a computer as often as I used to. When I was posting all those pictures, I had a lot of time on my hands. Since then, I spend a lot more time behind the wheel than behind the desk. But really, there's not much new to report from me. I'm still seeing little to no selection at the brick and mortar stores. Occasionally, there may be something new, and there was a minute where i was seeing BS (still have Plagueis in my truck for you Dan), but it's been a lot of craptastic mission series everywhere I go. Star Wars section at my stores is a joke. The movie is awesome, and we should all try to post more about it if we want to stay relevant. I have a FB, but under a television character. It's mostly to keep up with SW stuff and to creep on ex girlfriends. There are some fun Star Wars groups on there. 6" collectors club, everything Star Wars page, Star Wars action figures collectors clubs, etc. there's one called action figures anonymous where people post pics of figures they need to find out who or what it is. So Penter, you can get on there under an assumed name. Everything is always tracking you (unless you're using Linux). Facebook Google yahoo everything know where you are and sometimes who you are.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »
I do agree with all of you.
Since my son has grown-up now (11). He used to Love getting all the CW toys, but the longer Hasbro was waiting to put things out and with them ending the show way to early. Interest was lost. My son has been growing. Tired of waiting for new stuff and we both slowly got away from the CW stuff and most everything else.
My collecting now is "vintage" toys from back in the day. I still get the GG 12" jumbo and a few other high-end pieces, but it's just mostly "vintage" and I still get the comics.
Maybe with the new movies I will re-new my vigor in collecting more, but that is yet to be seen. I 'm going to CVII so maybe my fire will be re-lit. I do like the 6" Black series, but I just get a few of those.
I do try and inform people on here about news and comics, but not alot of people come here for that. I really do appreciate the few that actually read and take an interest in what I contribute. I like what you guys have to say. I just think websites like this are becoming a thing of the past.
All traffic is social media anymore. You can get updates and touchbase with friends all at once. I think the powers that be really should get more involved because there's ALOT going on. The future of SW is just beginning (again) and WE need to be apart of it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:38:06 PM by Dark Clone »

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:05 PM »
DC, I really appreciate your comics thread, FYI. 

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 02:29:39 PM »
DC, I really appreciate your comics thread, FYI.
Thanks my friend. I try I keep everyone posted as best I can.

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 10:17:24 AM »
Another glitch again.  :-\
The Horizon is rising higher and higher....   :'(

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »
I have no idea what's going on either. Reached out to Spice to see what the word is.
Been almost a week and haven't heard back.
The front page really does need to be updated everyday due to ALL the things going on Star Wars wise.
I just don't understand it  ???

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
Patience my fellow troopers.......when the new films get closer old folks will return and new fans as well.....not sure I want to join other forums....... I joined Scum before coming here posted one post with a  Star Wars movie quote and got kicked off..... No bad language, nothing..... I never understood why..... So I said to heck with  them and came here

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 08:31:57 AM »
It's pretty safe to say I'm NOT dead guys...  I'm not even sure where to start but I feel like it's pretty obvious what happened and I'm sorry after a dozen plus years of "fighting the good fight" that I felt a break was in order.  Should I have posted "I'm back" last fall when my divorce went final? Maybe not but I would hope the people in this community could recognize that I was very burnt out and needed a break bad.  Besides is it like companies like Hasbro give a s**t right now???  Is there another SW website that's simply run away with it lately? Life is different now, but that doesn't mean I don't care about this site.  I still pay the bills, and it is really disheartening to read comments like "I'm dead". As a matter of fact, best I've been in a loooooooooooooooong time.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline commander gree123

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 05:27:28 PM »
I just came back as well. I haven't bought an action figure since the end of the Star Wars vintage collection in 2012. 2013 just seemed to be completely dead to me, but now that the black series is slowly starting to take off I'm regaining my interest. I REALLY hope there are no more Phantom Menace type waves smothering the shelves with this new black series. Fingers crossed that the collecting is better as time goes on this year.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.” -Darth Vader ANH

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »
Darth Spice
It's pretty safe to say I'm NOT dead guys...  I'm not even sure where to start but I feel like it's pretty obvious what happened and I'm sorry after a dozen plus years of "fighting the good fight" that I felt a break was in order.  Should I have posted "I'm back" last fall when my divorce went final? Maybe not but I would hope the people in this community could recognize that I was very burnt out and needed a break bad.  Besides is it like companies like Hasbro give a s**t right now???  Is there another SW website that's simply run away with it lately? Life is different now, but that doesn't mean I don't care about this site.  I still pay the bills, and it is really disheartening to read comments like "I'm dead". As a matter of fact, best I've been in a loooooooooooooooong time.
Welcome Back!
I hope you are right about being in the best shape again. Some of us are still here too, but others had left for now. This site hasn't been the same for quite a few months and others were getting worried about loosing out to the other Starwars websites. They are more pig headed than we are on this site. We are behind and need to start catching up and take no prisoners, especially those dirty rebels stealing those death star plans.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:36:41 PM by JediMCor »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »
It's not about catching up if no one passed you.  I'm not seeing any Star Wars site do what we used to do around here on a daily basis.  We let the cat out of the bag on countless Hasbro presentations at Comic-Con and Toy Fair for years.  However the success this website experienced came at a high price for me, and I'm sorry it's taken a little bit longer to pick up the pieces and get things back in order.  It's very disturbing to read how upset people are about the site, seems like folks have a short, short memory and forgot about the guy who was not only doing all the work, but paying for it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:28:47 PM by Darth Spice »
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »
It's not about catching up if no one passed you.  I'm not seeing any Star Wars site do what we used to do around here on a daily basis.  We let the cat out of the bag on countless Hasbro presentations at Comic-Con and Toy Fair for years.  However the success this website experienced came at a high price for me, and I'm sorry it's taken a little bit longer to pick up the pieces and get things back in order.  It's very disturbing to read how upset people are about the site, seems like folks have a short, short memory and forgot about the guy who was not only doing all the work, but paying for it.

Don't sweat it Spice, most of us know you are the reason there is a Sandtroopers.com.  And sometimes life demands you take a break.... I get it..... You are very appreciated......

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
Welcome back!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 10:03:54 AM »
Well Chris, I am sorry for saying you are dead.. but when you just vanish? & we are doing nothing? It worries us all..
Chris you know & we have talked at length about what & how we need to do for the future.. I am in & when I see you take a blast to the chest & start doubting yourself or us or even questioning yourself..? I am going to yank you up & slap you in the face & tell you to fight for what you believe in & do truly love..because I do CARE & want us relevant in the fray with you at our side.. not MIA?
We can & will all fight for you.. will you be at our sides during the fight.. I know life changes.. but SW is forever & so is the passion in all our hearts & minds.. We help each other do make our goals.. Just need to know you have some for us to obtain..We can't do it for you..but will
do it with you.. You know that too.. We have 17 months or about 12 before the insanity begins.. Are you in for the long haul? I am..
Who else is in? It is time to prepare for the coming Wars.

There are some things more important in life than Star Wars...