Author Topic: Sandtroopers @ Toy Fair?  (Read 4000 times)

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
Sandtroopers @ Toy Fair?
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Is anyone from the staff going to Toy Fair?  If so will you all be taking questions for Hasbro?   
Is it time to go home yet?

Offline curto

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
Re: Sandtroopers @ Toy Fair?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:08 PM »
Yes, not to worry....Sandtroopers is planning to be at Toy Fair. ;)

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »
Great news to hear.  Hopefully you all will get some face time with Hasbro and ask them some questions.  I want to know if/when we will see a new Yak Face? 

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »
Great news to hear.  Hopefully you all will get some face time with Hasbro and ask them some questions.  I want to know if/when we will see a new Yak Face?

Would be a great vintage mail in item......
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
I hope Hasbro repeatedly hears about how all of the figures that are carried forward just about stalled any others from making it to the pegs

I understand the need for some figures to be carried forward, but I think that should be done in a more staggered way
instead of putting the same figure in 3 consecutive waves, I believe every other wave at the very least, if not one or two more inbetween before that figure makes it back to pegs
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »

Would be a great vintage mail in item......

Great idea.  Something about the nostalgia of the mail in figures I enjoy.  A POTF card with coin would be rather awesome. 

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:19:04 AM »
Glad to hear Sandtroopers is going to be there.  I've always enjoyed the video interviews with the guys from Hasbro.  No matter how frustrated fans are, Sandtroopers finds a way to discuss these concerns in a positive and constructive way.

Offline curto

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »
As you may have guessed, I was going to cover Toy Fair on behalf of Sandtroopers.com. 

I say "was"...because Nemo has created quite the panic in the NYC area...flights are canceled, trains are canceled.  The earliest I could get in was Sunday night. What is the point, when I go back to work on Monday?

However...there is a back-up plan, provided our partners can actually make it into the city tomorrow before the storm really hits!
Stupid weather...sucks because I love going to Toy Fair!

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 03:54:13 AM »
Hopefully by tommorrow you'll be able to say that you "love it when a plan comes together."

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
And if it doesn't, that's cool too.  As I never made the plans to personally go myself.  That decision was based on Hasbro's apparent lack of what the hell is going on in the SW universe these days.  I figured Dan could slide over and cover from his home base and I could take a much needed break from going to NYC every year.

Let me apologize in advance for anyone who is let down. For the first time in about decade, we didn't manage to make swiss cheese out of their slideshow presentation, but that's got a lot to do with they're not making a whole lot right now.  I'm not sure if I could have kept it together spending 1k or more on a 2 foot endcap full of vintage repacks.  I'm not really going to be able to stomach the excuses Hasbro is going to give either...  Plus they've already let the cat out of the bag on MUCH of what they'll be showing tomorrow.  Lots of it gets a big ol' who cares from me, I'm not interested in Fighter Pods and Angry Birds.

That being said, I'm glad I'll be home, as it looks like it's going to be a baaaaaaaad, expensive weekend out there.  Even if they had a whole bunch of cool stuff to show off (which they don't), I'm pretty happy I made the decision to sit this year out.  Maybe if they get their collective heads outta their asses, I'll be back next year!  Plus I couldn't get good seats to the Clippers @ Knicks on Sunday, so at that point it was REALLY a no-brainer to skip it!  :P 
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 05:35:57 PM »
it doesn't really look like anything will be missed anyway

if slightly painted lumps of plastic are the big deal for the next few years, I will welcome the chance to save some cash until the E7 bomb drops
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »
Yeah we're definitely saving money when hasbro has nothing we want
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »
Just saw a preview of the 6-inch figures on the Facebook page of Star Wars Action News, they look really good.  I'd liked to have seen these in person, but I really do question what everyone had to go through to GET them.

https://www.facebook.com/SWActionNews/posts/546348982063284
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
Ok we now have pics from the hasbro presentation

Here:

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2013/hasbro/press/ And written details can be found here at Yakface:

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2013/02/09/hasbro-presentation-rundown/#more-10322
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:17:38 AM by Darth Spice »

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »
Looks like we are finally getting the big OT colored Slave 1 as an Amazon exclusive.....

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
Is that a big slave1? I will definitely be getting that interceptor. That AOTC Anakin as well. The new less articulated figs look weird, so that's a no buy for me.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 08:14:01 PM »
Yes it is the big one from Rise of Boba Fett painted.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 08:22:38 PM »
damn K-mart and it exclusives! crap! I hate K-mart!    the legends looks like it will be an easy pass. but the back 3.75" will be worth a look unless it is 10.99 and nothing to offer - if that is the case - I am pretty much done on figures.

The large Save I  and the gun ship with gunner pods - yeppers - all over that unless they turn out to be super (smaller) fun sized!

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 12:14:18 AM »
It's definitely the big slave 1 you can see the hinge for the door on the box. Question I have is does the included  Han in carbonate figure include the actual Han figure?

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
I hope that seeker droid comes with a stand

that new Anakin ROTS JSF, is that the new small scaled thing?
those need to come down about $5 to be worth while
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline daytrip903

• Premium
  • Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +15/-0
  • Go Cardinals!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
The exclusive vehicles in the vintage boxes are definitely on my list.  I am in agreement on the Kmart exclusives although I had luck this year.  Although all in all a nice year to have a wallet repreive and a baby boy on the way. 

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »
Well looks like crap from Hasbro again. I will be saving money this year from not buying their crap. Better be something new latter this year or I am done with this BS. Also look like they did a better job with GI Joe toys than Starwars, well at least they have a movie coming out this year.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 09:33:27 PM »
Biggs x-wing and big slave 1 are a must.  And we'll see exactly what the Kmart exclusives are.  I'm I the only one who doesn't give a s**t about angry birds Star Wars?

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 01:09:16 AM »
I'm I the only one who doesn't give a s**t about angry birds Star Wars?

Actually Dan I'm looking for a collector who says they were compelled to get into Star Wars as a result of or basically ANYONE who says they DO give a s**t about SW Angry Birds.

Offline jacensolo66

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +82/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 04:41:52 AM »
only things that r definite for me r the exclusives and 4 figures(padme, biggs, mara,and pablo jill). the 6inch line is still a possibility tho. hope the amazon exclusives r easy to get. also kinda scared to see how much the republic gunship is as the last one didnt have figures or the turret pods and was about $75
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:46:34 AM by jacensolo66 »

Offline Trooper31

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 05:27:32 AM »
Slave I, 6" figs, Scanning crew pcks, that's all good.

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
Scout trooper still has the black loop on the shoulder ... come on!!! fix that!

Offline commander gree123

• Trooper
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • This Party's Over
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 08:50:31 PM »
the black series 6" and 3.75" are my only interests for this year. The 3.75 actually look very nice and the 6" look VERY good.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.” -Darth Vader ANH

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
The gunship would be cool to have, but not at full price,, clearance for me. Slave I is a must if it is the larger version, otherwise not worth spending money to help Hasbro make a profit off from us. New 3 3/4" figures only for this boy, no more buying repacks or rehash figures. Hasbro, start making figures that have never been made.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »
yeah I want to see the deco on the gunship before I pay full price

from what I've read at the various sites, Amazon is not known for their excellent packaging when sending items
makes me wonder how that Slave One will fare

I'm kinda glad the animated look for the figures is done with
I never cared for it
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Dark Clone

• Sandtrooper Mod
  • S.C.A.L.P. Elite
  • Trade Feedback +6/-0
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »
I just don't know where Hsbro is going with the SW line.
Alot of collector's didn't care for the animated figures, but they were very popular with the kids.
It seems they are trying to appeal to the higher end collectors while keeping the younger collectors with the Fighter Pods and Angry Birds.

I'll be leaning more to Sideshow and GG from here on out

Offline pshorrock72

• Premium
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 06:51:21 AM »
glad to see that I have not been excited about any of this stuff - so that equals no money to Hasbro - they need to sell direct - their online problems are that not all figures are available or are in terrible case assortments - I don't want them all - the ones I do want - I want multiples of.. so if I can't find them - no money to retailers means no money to Hasbro.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 07:07:42 PM »
Hasbro Star Wars problem stems from a lack of ability to make new characters. They could totally make and sell more clone wars figure characters that haven't been made in the realistic line.... Where the hell is pong krell, Bo katan , satine, red mando's , the mando with horns on its helmet, mando armor obiwan, ......the list goes on......

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »
Hasbro Star Wars problem stems from a lack of ability to make new characters. They could totally make and sell more clone wars figure characters that haven't been made in the realistic line.... Where the hell is pong krell, Bo katan , satine, red mando's , the mando with horns on its helmet, mando armor obiwan, ......the list goes on......

I am not into the CW cartoon line, but if they did this, I would buy so many just cause they look cool.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »
the new 6" line is a must & fear finding them all.
Vhx are a must & discounted too..
But someone needs to show Hasbro their new 12" fig? & ask why???
Are they even trying? These are very bad. VERY BAD.
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
Finally saw the new 12s today. Eck. I feel bad for whoever collects those. They look terrible. Whoever said shampoo bottles was right on.

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
Finally saw the new 12s today. Eck. I feel bad for whoever collects those. They look terrible. Whoever said shampoo bottles was right on.

I saw these too at Target.... Easy pass...... they look much smaller than hasbro's previous 12 inch line

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 07:12:11 AM »
I'm afraid that Hasbro is going to notice that most of these things aren't selling well, decide that Star Wars is no longer popular and continue to to whittle the line down to almost nothing

we will get the blame for not buying the poop in a Star Wars box
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:44 PM »
Hasbro already whittle down the line with all the f*&n repacks the last few years. Just make fewer figures each year of ones that have never been made. There plenty of them to be made yet no matter they are CW, Vintage, or whatever series. I think I am only going to fill holes of figures that I couldn't find yet.