Author Topic: New Motti Figure?  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
New Motti Figure?
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »
From the front page:

Our S.C.A.L.P. Intelligence sources have been working on verifying a rumor regarding an all-new Hasbro figure for 2013. We've heard from multiple sources Admiral Motti will be resculpted and a part of the Droid Factory line. If you really liked the Grand Moff Tarkin figure last year, then there's no doubt you'll be looking forward to the next release! We do not have any photos at this time to verify our claim but with New York Comic-Con getting underway, maybe we will soon.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • I'm not your daddy, I'm your grampa
Re: New Motti Figure?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:30:41 AM »
I hope he wont be as green as Kermit like the way the new Tarkin turned out
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
It's really, REALLY sad how many TVC figures weren't available in the wild.  If you could swap out all that Episode I shelf-filler you might have sold more action figures had they been from the third, fourth and fifth waves. And all honest I think I only saw the Deleted Scenes figures once in the whole wave, and only a few here and there but they sure ain't there now!
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »
you're absolutely right Spice!

I'm afraid that when AOTC 3D comes out the pegs will be jammed with the evo Dooku and Anakin figures we've all owned for 5+ years now

an old figure on a new card does not equal a new figure
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline darthdan

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +62/-0
  • wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »
Not sure I need a new motti figure, but we will see

Hey hasbro why not do imp officers you've never done before, rather than redo one you've already sold us two or three times.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:22:17 PM by darthdan »
--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.

Offline Slobba_the_Hutt

• Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
Not sure I need a new motti figure, but we will see

Hey hasbro why not do imp officers you've never done before, rather than redo one you've already sold us two or three times.

good call there darthdan!
Hoam skool Dropowt

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
I too find myself feeling there are several much more qualified never-before-been-made candidates than a Motti upgrade, but hey I guess we do need it after over a decade (if you don't count the Death Star Briefing set). If they're going to be resculpting Imperial officers I would've rather seen Piett first though. Much more important character in desperate need of a new release. And there are plenty of never-before-been-made Imperial officers they could've also chosen from: Daine Jir, Praji, Lennox, Sheckil, Alan Flyng, just to name the few that come to mind right away.

I guess this is good news for our friend Richard. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:44:57 PM by David D. »

Offline JediMCor

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +3/-0
  • I'm with Force!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:24 PM »
More repack figures.   ??? Thank You Very Much HASBLO...  :'(
We need more new figures that have never been made, not resculpts.
I would rather see less new figures than a lot of repacks figures throughout the year. Makes me want to quit spending my hard earn cash on more Hasbro crap. NEW NEW NEW

Offline Hand So Low

• Premium
  • Senior Officer
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • Don't get cocky!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »
Im okay with rescupts. A better Motti may not be such a bad thing. I posted some pics I found of the 2013 wave, and some of those are straight up repacks. Same exact figure, different package, which I feel is bulls**t.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Check out my want list here  http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15148.0
Feedback thread http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15027.0
For trade http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=

Offline scalperhunter1

• Premium
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +37/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »
Let me see. I am not a hasblo employee but I think I might be able to somewhat mimic their response.

It's very expensive to create the tool and die to create a new figure mold. By using a current mold we can keep our costs down and provide a figure that our crack research dept. says our consumer base is drooling to have.

The cost of oil has drastically increased the cost of the plastic we use to make the figures. It wouldn't make good economic sense to take a chance and put a new figure on the market that may or may not be a hit with the collectors/consumers. We know better than the consumer what they really want.
Plus, if a new figure doesn't sell well then the store pegs will be filled with useless merchandise.That is a situation we ensure the retailers and consumers we will not allow to happen.

I think this pretty much sums up the basis of what the hasblo response would be.

Light side, dark side, light side, dark side, light side, dark side. So many choices, so little time.

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
I think it's great they're redoing Motti, I never really liked him being stuck in the pose with his hand on his throat, as iconic as that scene is.  Maybe this one will include alternate hand / head sculpts so you can do that, but I agree with everyone another repack isn't needed.