Author Topic: 2013 Legacy Collection Wave 1  (Read 1961 times)

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
2013 Legacy Collection Wave 1
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:03:53 AM »
I found this interesting at Comic-Con today. Among last year's Vintage Wave 7 figures was this misplaced Luminara Unduli figure behind Barriss' nameplate thingy. She appears to be an entirely new sculpt. The paint aps on the face are hugely improved over past versions (although it's probably just a really nice prototype), there's new wrist and ball-socket elbow articulation, the torso looks new, there are added soft goods, maybe some ankle articulation (couldn't verify), and it looks like her headdress is separately sculpted (so possibly removable--I'll post more close-up shots tomorrow and hear what everyone here thinks). It was removed from the display right after I asked about it, but I'm told the details will be revealed on Friday.

I think she's from the Attack of the Clones 3D wave in next year's Build-a-Droid basic figure line. What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:56:31 PM by David D. »

Offline Darth Spice

• Sandtrooper Admin
  • Sith Lord
  • Trade Feedback +65/-0
  • W. Axl Spice
    • Sandtroopers.com
Re: Luminara Unduli - New figure for 2013?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:30:58 AM »
I think you better go to bed MR. and we'll talk about it tomorrow!  8) :P :) ;) :D  Great work guys, but if you can let's see some of the new vehicles, and the Vintage 2-packs that broke on the last part of the recent Curto Burns podcast.
There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.

Offline Lord-Penter

• Bounty Hunter
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • If you only knew.......
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:46:49 AM »
You guys are all doing magnificent work & you will need some sleep at some point?
"Your arrogance blinds you."
"The ability to speak does not
        make you intelligent."

Offline Nabil6901

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:03:51 AM »
Awesome stuff so far!!
Fear is the path to the dark side! Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering... which path will you take?

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
I think you better go to bed MR. and we'll talk about it tomorrow!  8) :P :) ;) :D  Great work guys, but if you can let's see some of the new vehicles, and the Vintage 2-packs that broke on the last part of the recent Curto Burns podcast.

They were apparently removed from the booth by the time I got there last night.  :-\ I'm sure they'll be back out on Friday  and when they are we'll get a bunch of pics.

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:01 PM »
A couple close-up shots....what do you think of the head dress? I'm curious to see if it's removable, and if so what they've put underneath. I remembered reading something interesting about what was under there somewhere a long long time ago and sure enough her Wookieepedia page mentions: "Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary states that her headdress conceals extra-sensory organs sensitive to dryness." However, it then goes on to claim that that's incorrect because she belongs to a near-human species and therefore the biology wouldn't be that different. Still, it'd be interesting to see if Hasbro tries to include that detail!

Offline Nabil6901

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 05:06:07 AM »
I agree with you David. It's obvious she's a new figure but we'll just have to wait and see what they say about her.
Fear is the path to the dark side! Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering... which path will you take?

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
Got a closer look today and got some exclusive pics of her with the head dress off which I'll post shortly! I'm going to go ahead and turn this into the thread for the entire first wave of 2013 Droid Factory figures which was revealed this morning. The wave also includes:

-Anakin Skywalker
-Pablo-Jill
-Biker Scout
-Battle Droid
-TIE Pilot "Backstabber"
-Padme Amidala
-Sandtrooper
-R2-D2
-212th Battalion Clone Trooper
-Clone Trooper Sergeant
-Geonosian Warrior (I think in the panel he was referred to as Sun Fac.)

And the buildable droids are FA-4 and TC-70. Pictures of everything coming soon! 8)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:03:51 AM by David D. »

Offline David D.

• Corporal
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
  • United We Find!
Re: 2013 Legacy Collection Wave 1
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »
Click here for a look at Luminara with her head dress off and a nice shot showing off what a huge figure Pablo-Jill is!

Offline Nabil6901

• Sergeant
  • Trade Feedback +0/-0
    • Youtube
Re: 2013 Legacy Collection Wave 1
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »
David awesome job with those pics on Facebook! Love the Jocasta Nu pics as well as Luminara and Republic Trooper. You're kicking major butt covering stuff. I'm seriously happy your on board with us here on Sandtroopers :)